Just watched Evangelion for the first time

>meaningless symbolism
>muh depressions
>pedo shit
>protagonist is an passive dweeb with daddy issues who turns out to be a homo
wow! no wonder you losers like this shit

Attached: neon-genesis-evangelion-1995-1996-001-group-photo.jpg (1000x667, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3NuFVQk_CCs
youtube.com/watch?v=xySJJoVwTqQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thanks you.

>he didn’t get it
cringe

To be fair, the new adaptation is weaker than the original

To be fair, shit is still shit.

>he got it, and liked it
Yikes!

I feel like its one of those things that’s bad but is overrated due toa nostalgic appeal. My guess is 99% of the fanboys here watched it growing up

>pedo shit
You should give Seven Deadly Sins a try.

???

its actually funny that this is exactly the point the director was trying to make; you only watch anime crap as a form of escapism.
And is pretty original too, it breaks the monomyth or hero's journey where, in this case the hero or principal character didn't change, didn't learn anything and lose the final battle.

>bait?
Bait.

Shinji changes alot during the anime, and he learned many thing too ,like you can be happy even if you are having a rough time and the final battle wasnt a battle at all, he just got up on the eva and started the instrumentalitie.

Giant loli loses her clothes in a scene, no nudity but it's fanservice. Not memeing.

Attached: 89d30632fc184d37c19bc1725fe3164ecf2504bf.jpg (448x252, 15K)

for perspective

Did he do anything wrong?
No!

Attached: 8A6D888D-7980-4E12-8145-E4560AF182EC.gif (500x384, 718K)

I don't know. Maybe. I think you're reading into things. The show is pretty overt about when it wants to be perverted.

This is the only acceptable anime to watch, alongside the two (original) movies.

Attached: MV5BZWQxZDhiNGEtYmRhYy00OGUxLThhYTMtNjUzMjY0YzhiYjU3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDYzNTI2ODc@._V1_SY1000_SX750_AL (750x1000, 76K)

I don't think I was reading into it, it's literally what happens. Not that I'm a prude, I know the show is pure camp, and I kinda like it for that.

Soul:
youtube.com/watch?v=3NuFVQk_CCs
Soulless:
youtube.com/watch?v=xySJJoVwTqQ

There way more pedo shit like Ban quest for loli and Meliodas(12ish) love for Elizabeth(late teens?) and Kings(6-12?) and Diane(15) relationship.
I can't believe I watched it. Anima has a way of make he ignore stuff like that and only on reflection I realise how bad it is.

shut the fuck up normie

it's a 10/10 piece of art

Navel gazing bullshit. Not the anime, but you.

You're reading too much into it, these are cartoons, not real people.

Honestly watch it again. The first time watching it I was bored but try it again.

Gundam and Votom is far superior.

Dude it's friggin superior. Any negative critique whatsoever = YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T GET IT AND MY INTELLECT IS FRIGGIN PATRICIAN

Attached: 1553674796263.png (434x521, 43K)

I agree, that's bad criticism. It's still shit though.

>You're reading too much into it
my critique was very surface level. As in, look at all these pedo relationships. I could dive deeper but like you said its cartoons.

Sorry, I misread your post.

They're all hundreds/thousands of years old. One doesn't even age, one reincarnates only to get molested by her partner, who doesn't age either. I don't get how people either miss that or have problems with it since that's generic as fuck for fantasy, especially any sort of human-fairy/god relationship.

Would be kinda interesting to have characters age forever, but once they hit like 100 they'd be decrepit and only get worse as they can't die of normal causes but are trapped in a shit failing body.

Attached: A7A75B19-D567-4D72-81B4-0F3369AA0DDC.gif (410x230, 1.81M)

The only people on that list that are below the age of 1000+ is Diane (750) and Elizabeth (16).

Anime is for fucking faggot losers

excuse me?

Attached: aman.jpg (1000x563, 48K)

>everyone literally are dying around him
>my life so hard boo hooo why do I have to pilot the damn robot
STFU SHINJI YOU FAGGOT

>14 yr old
Wow, why he isnt so brave and fight a celestial creature where by his point of view he is going to die?

>he thinks only adults are dying from the attacks
And If you pay attention to history when in a time of calamity kids as young or even younger as him always fought, they're even braver as they're naive and stupid. He's just a faggot who is written to pander to cowards who won't even step out of their damn rooms.

based

Attached: RTXM11A-1024x724[1].jpg (1024x724, 163K)

You know he actually entered the eva? He got his ass kicked but still managed to get the berzerk mode, so whats your complain? At the end he always piltot the eva and more into the series he does it with pride. Its called charcter devolpment,you faggat.

>muh berserk mode
It was mommy sheltering him you faggot.
>entered the eva
Yes he did but still managed to bitch about it despite saving everyone's lives. He was a faggot from the get go and didn't really develop if you ask me. Everything basically unfolded in front of him and he just followed orders until the last moment.

brainlet

>it was mommy sheltering him you fucking faggot
Umm yeah, the same thing you stupid retard, whats the problem with that?

He fucking develops his character, you cant deny it because its in the fucking anime, he bitch about it because he doesnt fucking want to do it, then he (develops his character) starts doing it by his own merit (the fight with the spider and the twins, i think i could list more but havent seen evangelion this year), then he gets cocky of using the eva and gets in trouble with the shadow angel where he almost died.
i swear to god, people meme about being too complicated to understand (i dont think it is) , but people like you makes me think that itS too complicated for certain types of people(you).

There was nothing to get. There was no 'it', beyond a techo-retelling of the rapture with kabbalah symbolism thrown in simply to make it look 'deeper'.

Not saying it's shallow but you could wade across NGS's themes and not even get your ankles wet. The bits where the big machines beat the shit out of each other have more meaning.

It makes GITS's endless dialogue attempts at explaining post-humanism look good. All anime does is take in a confused view of western philosophy and regurgitates it back out with it all mixed up, all wrapped up in re-tellings of 60s/70s golden-age sci-fi books thrown in. Why weebs then trumpet it all as original is beyond me.

Attached: gits major .webm (854x480, 866K)

I agree in a way, i dont think the "symbolism" in evangelion isnt that good, theyre just referencing shit and making cool visuals , the only ones that make sense for me are lilith , adan and that weird book we never get too see.

But on the other side its has really good characters, "villains", antagonist, the militar stuff , the world building and interaction between the characters which brings to a new level the standars of what an anime could be.

>You should stop hating yourself if you want to make friends
Wow this show is so smart and deep, I should totally do that!

>mfw 15 years later and still having zero friends

Attached: 1546944649070.png (600x815, 178K)

You are the problem.

>stop hating yourself
Ok
>you are a shitty person you should change yourself
Ok
>you are perfect the way that you are, stop hating yourself
Ok
>you are toxic person, learn to change yourself

Every self help book and blog in a nutshell

The christian symbolism was meaningless, but there's symbolism for all the characters putting up walls that prevent them from making meaningful relationships with others, which is the point of the series

Eva fanboy here. Just to say that if you are not 12 to 16(is pushing it) you probably shouldnt eatch it and expect to think is the bomb. I watched it back when it was broadcasted in late nigh locomotion chanel and it was 100% relatable as a 13yo kid. Shit blew my mind. It's literal shit? Well yes and no. It's like listening exclusive to metal past 16(again pushing it) even tho it may have been amazing i wouldn't let my kids see it if they are over 15.

Just find a hobby and make friend from it, its really that easy, go to parties or a church if you are that desperate.

it's generic moe anime with easy themes for pseuds
basically rick and morty for weebs

>just find a hobby
>just go to a party
Normalfags get out

God ,he is proud of it.

god i fucking hate netflix normalfags are NOT GOING TO GET IT

Not really.

if you cant relate to the main character youre an NPC

I love Gundam but holy shit bad endings everywhere.

It is pretty kino, isn’t it.

its not fro zoomer, stick to capeshit desu

>>pedo shit

I wasn't going to watch it but now I have to.

Based

My own army of African child soldiers is one of my anarcho capitalist fantasies

Attached: Merc.gif (459x375, 1.23M)

Would you reject instrumentality in Shinji's shoes?

why can't people appreciate good things?

What do you consider a deep film/tv series?

Attached: 1505960922968.gif (340x400, 517K)

Opinions 25 years later don't count.

sac was a complete "sac"k of shit.
the two movies were incomparable and shouldnt even be lumped together with that abortion of a series.

Based