Danny Boyle has refused to cut Oasis scene despite requests from American distributors

>Danny Boyle has refused to cut Oasis scene despite requests from American distributors

>In "Yesterday", the pivotal moment in which failed thirty-four year old singer-songwriter Jack Malik first discovers that the Beatles never existed starts with a five minute scene about the rock group Oasis. When Jack is about to bomb yet another open mic performance, he decides to bust out a version of Oasis' oft-covered 1995 mega-hit "Wonderwall" - to no avail. Disappointed at the flat response to what is usually a show-saving mass sing-a-long number, Jack walks off stage dejected and blames it on his own lack of talent.

>Post-show, his best friend Ellie mentions she loved the last song and inquires if he had written it himself. An upset Jack assumes she's mocking him and tells her to "piss off" before realizing she was being genuine - she didn't know "Wonderwall". Jack then becomes incredulous: "What do you mean you never heard that before? We all saw Oasis at Reading! Are you mad?". When she proclaims to have never heard of Oasis, Jack plays the choruses to several of their songs on his acoustic guitar to jog her memory - "Don't Look Back in Anger", "Live Forever", "Champagne Supernova", but Ellie is unmoved.

>Jack then races home and does a Google search for "Oasis" which turns up nothing. Incredibly confused, he then searches for the band that Oasis were famously compared to during their rise to fame - The Beatles - only to find that they never existed.

Attached: yesterday.jpg (631x1000, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinded_by_the_Light_(2019_film)
youtube.com/watch?v=tI-5uv4wryI
youtube.com/watch?v=cmpRLQZkTb8
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/114540275/#114540275
youtube.com/watch?v=a3LQ-FReO7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=8rhowoxTZLM
youtube.com/watch?v=Wm54XyLwBAk
amazon.com/Yesterday-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/B07RPB8X4F
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>This expositional scene was one of the first big belly laugh moments of the film in early showings. It reportedly aroused riotous laughter from audience members young and old, particularly in England, where Manchester-based Oasis was the biggest musical and cultural phenomenon of the mid-1990s. Here, the Beatles-influenced, Manchester-based band racked up eight #1 hits (though "Wonderwall" would only peak at #2) before their demise in 2009, received years odf tabloid coverage revolving around the exploits and squabbles of Liam and Noel Gallagher, and an ever-growing following of younger fans which now fuels the post-Oasis solo careers of the two brothers.

>However, the sequence had the opposite effect in America. At it's Tribeca Film Festival screening in New York City, it elicited practically no reaction at all, save for what some reported as "confused murmuring" in audience. Early test screenings in both large and small markets across America, too, found that many participants did not find the scene funny and were confused over its purpose. When queried, the vast majority of these respondents stated they were totally unfamiliar with the song "Wonderwall", much less the band Oasis itself and their other songs included in the sequence. Additionally, multiple responses were unsure whether Oasis and these songs were real or a fictional part of the film's universe.

>Representatives from the film's American distributors, Universal Pictures, were reportedly "incredibly displeased" about this portion of the film, which was derided as "extraneous" and "needlessly challenging" for American audiences. Last minute demands for director Danny Boyle and his team of producers to entirely eliminate and reshoot the scene for the American cut were steadfastly ignored, much to Universal's chagrin. Sources on the inside say that tensions between the creative team and it's financers have only continued to grow and the film's move from a September to June opening was in part due to fears of a stateside flop as "Yesterday" receives mixed reviews.

Oasis are a one-hit wonder outside of Surveillance Island. Expecting non-bongs to understand this is like expecting Rwandans to remember who Chumbawumba were.
Anyway, this story is a sign the movie is expected to flop and the studio is desperate for something to blame. So the decision is to scapegoat this joke, but not the terrible premise nor casting a pooman as an English busker.

reminder they cut all of ana de arma's scenes from the movie

>Oasis are a one-hit wonder outside of Surveillance Island. Expecting non-bongs to understand this is like expecting Rwandans to remember who Chumbawumba were.
They had at least 3 big hits in America. All off the same album, but still, come on son.

Why?

Too hot for burgers to understand

Just more Boomer wanking fart sniffing bullshit
>muh beatles
kill yourselves

American here. Oasis was a great band

based

How many more of these shitty films are they going to do?

If I were this nigger and found out that I was the only one who remembered the Beatles and all of their music, I'd do the world a favor and put a revolver in my mouth.

Attached: Niggerpotamus.jpg (451x471, 54K)

I wish I could forget wonderwall

>the film's move from a September to June opening was in part due to fears of a stateside flop

Yeah, but also there's literally ANOTHER movie about a British-Indian who loves classic rock (this time it's Bruce Springsteen) coming out in August, so they probably didn't want to have the two overlap:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinded_by_the_Light_(2019_film)

Does The Clash still exist? What do the London Calling lyrics reference instead of "phony beatlemania "?

Elvis

Britcucks thinking the "oasis" reference is humorous makes complete sense when you remember they think chasing Mary Poppins for 15 minutes to wacky music is humorous

Reminds me of this one

>The Boat That Rocked was the true story of a ship that hosted an unlicensed radio station broadcasting rock music off the British coast in the 1960s
>Americans didn't understand the pun/double entendre so the film was renamed "Pirate Radio" for the US release

Attached: 1561335247617.jpg (600x900, 67K)

... yeah ok that checks out actually

>exhausted the rock biopic trend
>now it's just film after film of Indian guys who love boomer shit
What creative idea while hollywood come up with next? How about a Taiwanese guy who loves Tupac?

So they use Oasis for a long drawn out joke that isn't even that funny and takes away from the actual main reveal of the Beatles never existing? Now I know I'm not paying for this movie.

I've always liked fiction based on alternate history and in this case it would be cool to sit down and think about a world without the biggest pop band ever, how much would world events and not just music change without them. But it seems it's just going to be a barely-thought "what if" used as an excuse to have a poo-in-loo get with a white woman.

Make it a Korean kid and a black kid in central LA bonding over hip hop music - then the 1992 race riots break out. It'll be gold Jerry, the audiences ah gonna love it.

>British Indian who's life is changed by Bruce Springsteen

That doesn't sound plausible at all wtf
Who is going to watch this?

>t. zero reading comprehension
You realize the entire point is "if the Beatles never existed then all the bands they influenced (re: Oasis) would also never exist"? It's literally one scene meant to reveal the central premise of the film.

>3
You know it's 2.

>put a revolver in my mouth.

cool of you to start with singing from the best album

Attached: ¦3.png (33x33, 862)

>Gonna Be The One That Saves Me
>Sally Can Wait
>We Were Getting High
Three

it's literally hot trash

this
Only two get played anymore but it was three back in the day

Who cares why the fuck is durkesh doing in this film?

Underrated kino right here.

He's a fucking Paki though

What about "Live Forever"

Ironic how you're the idiot who can't read.

>he says, with no grasp of what "ironic" means
K

>"needlessly challenging" for American audiences.

idiot country

they're fucking huge in latin america

That was not a hit

I get that but it’s not really necessary.

>Americans don't get Brit memes
You're being just a little unfair.

>US Hot 100 Airplay (Billboard) 39
>US Mainstream Rock (Billboard) 10
>US Modern Rock Tracks (Billboard) 2

Yeah, Korea would definitely play better unfortunately in 92 he wasn't that big of a deal, forgettable background member of digital underground.

>The Spice Girls was a more popular british band in 90s america than Oasis was.

Attached: 1554863777186.gif (300x192, 2.18M)

the numbers are lying
it wasn't a hit

>in the 90s
they had a fucking movie. we also dont have any fucking clue who one direction is

because she looks like when bugs bunny would dress up as a woman

Attached: bugsbunny9.jpg (740x361, 35K)

Was that walrus ok?

For American version just make it be Nirvana and Smell like teen spriit.

We're talking about a world where The Beatles never existed, not a world where heroin never existed

It's retarded bullshit they guise under the illusion that "we dont get it."

that doesn't make sense though

the joke is that oasis supposedly ripped off the beatles. what the fuck does nirvana has to do with the beatles you mongoloid??

They're a popular band from the 90s so it makes sense.

you actually don't get it, you dumb american.

The point isn't that they're popular or from the 90s. It's the Beatles part. That what makes the joke actually make sense.

But nobody knows who oasis is.

typical american not getting anything

you gotta get into some pretty obscure oasis to see any beatles influence too.

not the point either you dumb american. it was something the press and public said when they were popular, that's it.

They're massive in many countries in Europe too.

>it was something the press and public said when they were popular, that's it.
nobody knows what goes on in your tiny island

Don't Look Back wasn't a big hit at all and Champagne Supernova peaked at 20 on the Hot 100, which is commendable but doesn't change the fact neither song had anywhere near the impact of Wonderwall in the US.

No you don't man. On the surface level, their image (haircuts/sunglasses especially) and the aesthetics of their biggest videos were Beatles-esque/vaguely "psychedelic". They talked about wanting to be bigger than the Beatles in interviews, etc. Don't Look Back in Anger had it's intro taken from Imagine. It's not very hard at all. That was the image they put out in the media. When people think of Oasis, they think "Wonderwall", the Beatles, and fighting brothers.

In all seriousness, who is this movie for? What's the appeal? Like, this isn't a very interesting premise, in my opinion. What is the point of this film?

I never understood this line of thinking. If the Beatles never existed some other band would've filled their void. Rock pop isn't unique, even in the 60s

Bend it like Beckham for boomers.

Danny Boyle was once a respected director and he's been blowing through his goodwill for years in pursuit of his bizarre curry fetish.

i'm not british

fuck the beatles, fuck oasis and fuck the eternal anglo

>dont look back in anger
>not obscure
don't know if we got any of their videos either.

>Don't Look Back wasn't a big hit at all and Champagne Supernova peaked at 20 on the Hot 100,
In terms of sales, but it terms of radio and MTV play both were big. Champagne Supernova peaked just as high as Wonderwall on pop radio and modern rock radio charts.

Also, just because they didn't have as big of an impact as Wonderwall doesn't mean they weren't hits. That song has had greater longevity and more cultural resonance than tons of huge hits of yesteryear. It was the first song released in the 20th century to break 500 million streams on Spotify.

>tfw thought Dannny Boyle was Frankie Boyle

>not an action film for american audiences so no one is interested by default

go watch more superman vs batman you fucking retard

pirate radio is an objectively better title

Make the joke about Blur and watch our really confused American faces.

>>dont look back in anger
>>not obscure
>don't know if we got any of their videos either.

Ok now you're just being stupid on purpose. Wonderwall alone was one of the most played videos on MTV in the mid-90s.

Who the fuck actually likes Bruce Springsteen?

I think you want to find out if the protagonist somehow gets found out as a fraud or if he lives happily ever after in an alternate universe

last chance to exploit boomer nostalgia before they die

oh, yes of course i meant to exclude wonderwall. I know we got a lot of other better videos from bong acts too, pretty rare for one album to get more than one video.

boomers

>Don't Look Back wasn't a big hit at all
You'd be surprised how many people in America know this song actually. It didn't do well on the charts, but charts don't always tell the full picture. I mean Modern English "I Melt With You" never got above like #70 back in the 80s but that's definitely a classic 80s hit. Not Thriller-tier or anything, but still...

I've never even seen that movie, you stupid motherfucking faggot.

Isn't blur the woohoo band? Pretty sure I owned an album... glycerine, machine Head. I'm from north america and very familiar with them and oasis and wouldn't consider myself a big fan of either

>I know we got a lot of other better videos from bong acts too, pretty rare for one album to get more than one video.
Like who?

Pretty sure Oasis had like 4 videos on MTV off that album (though the first one was only on later at night because it was before Wonderwall blew up)

based

you have to understand the payola system to grasp the sort of competition you're up against in the US. they're not going to bribe you TWICE for the same album.

i actually quite like a little bit of the boss myself

What in god's name are you talking about?

What rock/heavy metal band isnt?

radio/tv take bribes for airtime, its illegal but 100% in effect at all times. playing two singles/videos from one album would just defeat the purpose.

that was bush dude

Are you arguing that they weren't?
Boy bands and girl groups were red-hot in the 90s. It didn't matter whee they came from.

>t. boomer

latin america is like 15-20 years behind in every trend, they still sell the genesis in brazil

And yet.. it happened. I don't know what you're trying to say. The Smashing Pumpkins had like 6 or 7 videos from Mellon Collie on MTV too.

How can American unironically not know about "Wonderwall"

Blur is indeed the Woo Hoo band, which was in the trailer of the film starship troopers and thus everyone recognizes song2. Coffee and tv was also pretty big.

well that was a major cultural event, oasis not so much.

>playing two singles/videos from one album would just defeat the purpose.
Not at the same time you doofus. You play one, see if becomes a hit, then play the next one after and hopefully that becomes a hit too. Rinse repeat.

kyfs

No you have to be a fucking idiot or have lived under a rock since 1960 to not know about these songs. Given the mental state of the average 50+ year old US citizen both of those statements might be true.

Didn't listen to it that much

>a hit
it was never about hits though, its about albums. a SINGLE is enough.

I had to look up the two supposed "hits" this imbecile was talking about.
youtube.com/watch?v=cmpRLQZkTb8

Never heard either song before, nor have I seen the videos. There's no way either got anywhere near American shores. Thus Oasis is a one hit wonder.

nobody cares

I only know wonderwall from this

t. burger

Attached: anyway-brother-heres-wonderwall-olbyo-41347645[1].png (500x439, 114K)

>it was never about hits though, its about albums. a SINGLE is enough.
Right. And the best way to promote the album is a steady supply of singles on the radio/videos on MTV to convince people to go out and buy it.

that just means you're a zoomer of terrible taste. everyone knew champagne supernova though it wasn't that good.

funny how it uploads to youtube at the same time and gets half those hits. Really makes you think about those numbers when spotify is a genre based music service and youtube is direct search. I wonder how many other songs topped those numbers on (((spotify))) too?

yeah right. you have capeshit written on your bumpy forehead.

>everyone knew champagne supernova though it wasn't that good
Champagne Supernova is literally better than Wonderwall

Nobody outside of of the UK gives a fuck about Oasis, certainly not the zoomers who this is presumably trying to appeal to

Literally this. Slumdog and Lion only worked because Dev Patel is a phenomenal actor who makes every scene of his watchable.

brazil is full of subhuman garbage they don't count. and i'm talking about music, oasis were huge since wonderwall and still are played regularly on the radio.

>funny how it uploads to youtube at the same time and gets half those hits
The video has only been on youtube since 2013. Pretty sure far more people use Spotify for music than youtube these days.

zoom zoom

>Oasis
Published on Feb 7, 2008

How can you not know these songs, especially Champagne Supernova?

Same. I don't remember hearing any of these on the radio, though I may have heard them in movies. Definitely see the tryhard beatlesboo influence in these videos.
Oasis does have a minor significance to my life though, as it was the subject of my first attempt to troll IRL. Some older kid at school was raving about how Oasis ruled, and I with no clue as to who or what Oasis were, shouted at him from across the schoolyard that Oasis sucked. I must have been 7 or 8.
So in that respect, and because of Wonderwall, I know who they are.

>latin america is full of subhuman garbage they don't count
fixed

You're fucking dumb as shit son.

maybe its because im not a fucking boomer

Oh I see now, there are two Wonderwall videos. One from 2008 and one from 2013.

>Champagne Supernova
>implying this is good

And you have BLACKED.COM written on yours.

it grates even now

it was 90s good. had to be there kiddo.

All I know is this: Oasis sucks nuts and the Beatles are incredibly overrated. Also, the British are shit-tier "people" with ugly "women".

WE LOVE THE ALL THE ALL OF YOU
WHERE LANDS ARE GREEN AND SKIES ARE BLUE

>Hollywood is already milking the boomer-rock movie trend for all it's worth
That was fast

never heard these but boy do they suck ass

I was a kid in the 90s, not a faggot.

>Blinded By the Light
I thought that was Manfred Man

based

Attached: 1548048362013.jpg (440x440, 204K)

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art.

Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success.

The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers.
No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

Attached: 1548748002178.gif (1162x890, 29K)

t. brainlet

So do the Beatles come back at the end or what? I think everything needs to come crashing down around him in the end

Continental European here. Everyone knows Wonderwall, and I think most would recognise Don't Look Back, but Oasis were not that big. Still, the joke described in the OP is pretty obvious, you have to be a braindead American to not get it.

true. the beatles sucked

Attached: 1554911896620.gif (500x389, 1.96M)

Definitely Maybe and WTSMG are the best Oasis albums, but Be Here Now is the one that summarizes the band, imo. Loud, swagger, loud, drugs, council lads with money

Bugs Bunny was hot though

It's an excuse to have a lot of Beatles songs in a movie without having to bother making a period piece with actors who look like John Lennon and Paul McCartney and going through drama that people are already familiar with
It's also a bit of boomer bait in that they get to see young people pretend to be impressed by some pop songs from the 60s and get a good hit of the ol' "Yep, they sure don't make them like they used to" feeling

>this thread

Attached: 1489269328841.png (324x208, 85K)

what the fuck is oasis

Jazz isn't mainstream. Everything mainstream is garbage that will never be listened to in 300 years. The only metric for mainstream success will be how many records a song sold worldwide, and even then Oasis will still be a one-hit wonder outside of Lonstanbul.

Lots of people have had this fantasy with any given band of their choice. The Beatles are well known and generally liked by everyone. People who say they don't like the Beatles or that they're overrated are trite normies not worth engaging with.

>even then Oasis will still be a one-hit wonder outside of Lonstanbul.
this. Oasis had 0 (zero) songs that ever got played on radio or MTV or anything besides Wonderwall.

>Everything mainstream is garbage that will never be listened to in 300 years.
Mozart was mainstream.

I have never heard these songs in my life

The first one is so awful jesus christ how does this go on for 8 minutes

>Also, just because they didn't have as big of an impact as Wonderwall doesn't mean they weren't hits.
I said CS's performance was commendable but if we're talking what was a "big hit" in the US, it just doesn't measure up to Wonderwall. That's the song they're remembered for in America.

>You'd be surprised how many people in America know this song actually.
But Black Dynamite, I am American.
Your point about Modern English is a good one, but consider that I Melt With You is still used all the time in movies/tv as a reference point for the 80s. The same can't be said for Don't Look Back. Put it this way: If The Wedding Singer were remade now and set in the 90s, what Oasis song would they use?

'no'

>if you don't like this thing everyone else supposedly likes you're a normie

Attached: 1537232281374.jpg (396x385, 29K)

>they get to see young people pretend to be impressed by some pop songs from the 60s and get a good hit of the ol' "Yep, they sure don't make them like they used to" feeling
I wish everyone who posted 'I was born in 20-zoomdy-two and I love [boomer band] more than my generation's music' comments on youtube die violent deaths.

A trite normie, specifically.

>People who say they don't like the Beatles or that they're overrated are trite normies
>people who dont like the beatles are THEMSELVES the normies
gonna let you think about that one for a bit

Attached: 1457247038041.jpg (668x799, 127K)

>boomer

It's Generation X, you fucking zoomer.

oasis is the worst successful band of all time

I'm sorry you're not different because you don't like the Beatles.

There is and has been nobody on Mozart's level in contemporary music.

whatever grandpa

you're on 2nd generation meme, should have lurked moar

Who cares

Attached: 51835764_2218500831750820_3318356604075638784_n.jpg (768x960, 63K)

I mean, obviously Wonderwall is their big hit, but Champagne Supernova wasn't that far behind. It actually got more radio airplay across all formats than Wonderwall did in 1996. It still gets very frequent airplay on the radio today (usually on alternative or "We Play What We Want" kind of stations).

I've heard Don't Look Back in Anger on the radio (with less frequency, but still more often than you'd think) and surprisingly, in bars too where people will (drunkenly) sing along to the chorus.

Wonderwall again is just more culturally ubiquitous.

these were definitely not hits in america

>did in 1996
There's the rub. That's over 20 years ago. That means the people old enough to "appreciate" this kind of (((music))) are at minimum in their 40s.

Attached: 1559255142694.jpg (540x390, 71K)

champaign supernova definitely was.

>That's over 20 years ago. That means the people old enough to "appreciate" this kind of (((music))) are at minimum in their 40s.
Yeah but it's not like they disappeared off the radio as soon as 1996 ended. Like I said, Champagne Supernova still gets frequent airplay today.

Or early/mid thirties.

no it wasn't
i've never heard of it

They covered the song and made it much better. Bruce Springsteen's version is terrible.

>airplay today
user just give it up already

everyone else did.

Obviously not given that most people think Oasis is a one hit wonder

Just gonna repeat from the last thread

>people pretending they've never heard of any of this shit

Attached: 20X Platinum Albums.png (730x563, 31K)

well wonderwall's success is orders of magnitude more than champagne supernova's. dont look back isn't even a blip.

I'm here to settle this as an american that goes outside
1. YES americans know about wonderwall--its on alt stations all the time and if it comes on in a bar everyones sings it BUT
2. no one gives a fuck about Oasis, if you mentioned noel gallagher to any one of those people that lover wonderwall they would look at you like you have 2 heads.

They are truly a 1 hit wonder here in america and all that drama about noel and liam and the beatles influencing them/them ripping the beatles off just never made it to america

So yes I could see how people might not completely get the joke but it wouldnt ruin the whole movie for americans. this is just bait from the studio prepping for a horrendous box office bomb

i've never heard of any of these songs or this band. I too thought "Oasis" was something made up within the movie universe.

>its another oasis thread on Yea Forums
get over it, they're music's shite, it keeps me up all night

I'm an American as well.
I've never heard of Oasis and only vaguely know Wonderwall.

>all that drama about noel and liam and the beatles influencing them/them ripping the beatles off just never made it to america
It definitely did though. it's just that they were quickly irrelevant

t. avid VH1 and MTV watcher when I was 11

as a band, they're not really a US thing. wonderwall was thrown in countless ads and soundtracks.

whats the pun here?

Yeah so those songs aren't even hits

>wonderwall was thrown in countless ads and soundtracks.
I don't remember ever hearing it in a commercial or in any movie at all though.

champagne supernova was for a limited time, it's not some sort of classic.

champagne supernova was never a hit
fuck off with this nonsense

I knew it was going to be a flop. As soon as a friend showed it to me, knowing that I am a huge Beatles fan, I saw the trailer and I knew immediately what was wrong.

Context.The Beatles and their discography weren't just some fucking dream some dickhead woke up to. It was a fucking life journey about growing up in a post WW2 world and the introduction of mind altering drugs into the planet's consciousness. I'll pick a random Beatle's song and explain why this movie doesn't work.

Dear Prudence.

The song was written by John and Paul while on a trip to India with friends and family because one of their female friends was too depressed to leave her room and hang out. So they wrote and played the song for her to lift up her spirits.

Why does the MC write Dear Prudence?

BECAUSE WACKY tIMELIne HiJINKS xD WhAT iF yoU wERe thE Only one whO KneW the BEaatles???? xD

It's just fucking stupid.

Attached: 1c6.jpg (805x669, 36K)

>Oasis
But Blur is Better

People are nostalgic for Linkin Park now

And Linkin Park was the worst fucking band in the world when their shit was new

Attached: 71qe5+7Z8tL._SY679_.jpg (453x679, 68K)

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/114540275/#114540275

We already settled the "Is Oasis a one hit wonder in America" argument a long time ago

The beatles are only praised because senile boomers liked them

ok yeah it reached us but for england it was a major deal that drove their culture and was an iconic flashpoint in their history, here in america, it was just a story that we were aware of at the time

Also, im assuming a british studio made this film. shouldnt the studio be aware of what stories are important to what culture. similar to if a hollywood studio decided to make a movie about the nfl. woudnt they do their research and understand that the nfl isnt popular abroad and the movie will probably strike out in other markets outside the US?

This is like when they changed Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone because Americans don't know what philosophers are...

Typical

I remember this song being spammed to death on the radio. Granted I'm in Canada, but I mean.. there's no way this wasn't in the states too.

i still love british invasion shit, they were great before they were poo-in-loo-aboo and dude weed.

It can be argued that a band with one monster hit and a bunch of blips that amount to nothing but farts in the wind are one-hit wonders.

>

you'd think so but no

that's what i'm saying. wonderwall was their only hit. nothing else was.

Are they a bunch of zoomers or something? I was born in 89 and Oasis were on the radio all the time when I was a kid. Sure it was the same 3 songs but to not know who they are is absurd.

>When queried, the vast majority of these respondents stated they were totally unfamiliar with the song "Wonderwall", much less the band Oasis itself
nani the fuck, this can't be real

Yeah but who in the mainstream praises them for that? All you ever hear is people praising their hippie stoner shit.

>Sure it was the same 3 songs
Nice try dude. But were NOT hits

Except they were literally played on the rock and pop stations I grew up with all the time. Why would I lie about something so innocuous?

The problems with the premise are:
>every musician alive has fantasized about this scenario and knows it can't work
>the poo is literally plagiarizing songs
>it's a fucking isekai and therefore trash, also the premise is stolen from a fucking manga

Attached: boku-wa-beatles-2609843.jpg (800x1172, 156K)

I've never even heard Wonderwall tbqh
Sue me

british """"""humor"""""

Let me guess... you're from London.

i know who oasis is and it still sounds dumb to me
if the movies about the beatles who the fuck wants a subplot about oasis?

>It reportedly aroused riotous laughter from audience members young and old
I highly, highly, highly doubt this

Nope, NY. Two stations out of Poughkeepsie called WRRV and K104. They played Champagne Supernova, Wonderwall, AND Don't Look Back but that wasn't as big in the rotation. You're free to Google the stations to see they both exist and have my entire life.

The problem with the premise is that there is no story, it's just a daydream based around "Wouldn't it be great if I could get respect, fame, and riches beyond my wildest dreams for doing something I already do" and whatever story you put around that is perfunctory to the fantasy wank. The entire selling point of the movie is the idea of the montage you'll get ~30 minutes into it where he starts playing the Beatles songs, everyone sucks his cock and he becomes rich and successful, and none of that translates to an interesting or engaging story

Just because one station played those songs doesn't mean they were hits in America.

The joke is that Oasis modelled themselves after the Beatles. No Beatles means no Oasis. Cue laughter. Very few people outside the UK who aren't Oasis fans will make the connection.
It is a bit of a stretch how the poo leaps from that to "Well, what happened to the Beatles?"

Good thing I never said anything about them being hits even once then isn't it?

Just because they were played on the radio in your area and you know who they were doesn't mean anyone else does

Why is that table not organized wtf

I was absentmindedly watching an american cooking show the other day & a black lady unironically asked 'Who is Napoleon?'
American schools, everyone.

WHAT????

this is the dumbest comeback in the whole thread. congratulations, go kill yourself.

The Beatles are cringe as fuck and all boomers should kill themselves.

based

want a medal zoomieboi

Boat rocked, as in rock music. And boats rock when you fuck on them apparently.

Double entendre.

>similar to if a hollywood studio decided to make a movie about the nfl.

Oh my God, are you seriously this fucking retarded? There's been countless American football movies that have done well outside of America. The Longest Yard ring a bell? It even had a very successful remake in 2005 that did $190 million worldwide. All your autistic assholes completely fail to understand how well known the Beatles is and how their hits are still catchy. When I was still in high school and they did those giant re-mastered re-releases of their albums it was a giant fucking thing even to my generation, because they were the Beatles and everybody knew them through pop culture osmosis.

shut up

What was his last good film ?

There is no band more overrated than fucking Oasis

ok after falling? no

What's Danny Boyle's thing with Indian people? Is he married to one or something? Not gonna lie, it's kind of weird that this is his Third Pajeet movie.

>Jack is about to bomb yet another open mic performance, he decides to bust out a version of Oasis' oft-covered 1995 mega-hit "Wonderwall" - to no avail. Disappointed at the flat response to what is usually a show-saving mass sing-a-long number, Jack walks off stage dejected and blames it on his own lack of talent.
Doesn't this break the film's logic yet?

If a random Pajeet playing wonderwall to the masses can't get them riled up, why should playing Beatles songs be any different?

The Beatles is fine music but it couldn't have worked if it weren't a quartet of Manchester boys in the 1960s.

Attached: 1560756467984.jpg (1000x988, 150K)

Anyone arguing that americans should be that aware of oasis need to remember we were doing grunge and shit in the nineties

>Why boomers need to die the post

>Doesn't this break the film's logic yet?
>If a random Pajeet playing wonderwall to the masses can't get them riled up, why should playing Beatles songs be any different?

Because the movie is about the influence of the Beatles and Wonderwall isn't exactly a giant crowd pleaser if you hear it for the very first time, especially in acoustic, one-man show format.

>Black

That's why I don't buy half this thread. I was born in the 90s and this garbage was not popular, nor the beatles

The inverse also happens.

Attached: B07FDB26-FCA5-4ACD-A42B-DB37839F20E0.jpg (847x597, 172K)

Fair enough, I've honestly never heard Oasis so I couldn't tell. Still expecting the quality of the Beatles songs to propel someone random to the top of the playlists feels a little presumptuous.

Neutral Milk Hotel.

this.
I was born in 1997 and I've never heard a single Oasis song. No, not even Wonderwall... I didn't even know "Oasis" was a band until this thread.

brap

Attached: lily james.jpg (1474x1920, 280K)

Maybe in the past, but with tech the way it is. not anymore.
Poor/poop people still rely on old tech tough.

>euros probably thought White Castle was a fictional restaurant

Dylan>Beatles
Kobain>Oasis
Why is America so much better at making rock music than the bongs?
I haven't even brought up the boss or beach boys yet.

What's funny is that because of the absolutely absurd licensing fees associated with the Beatles, there are actually a lot of kids who really don't know anything by them aside from maybe a couple of songs.

They're a fucking dead group, barely remembered because the people in charge are complete jews.

>haven't even brought up the boss or beach boys yet.
Bruce Springsteen sucks and that movie about him is going to tank at the box office

Radiohead

That's cause its a cheap Indian (British) version and not a soulful American setting. Bruce is the embodiment of the American spirit.
And box office means nothing marvelfag.

>shorty British humor

It’s not funny. That’s why it wasn’t used.

The Beatles suck and only grew to fame because their music was very fitting for the era it was made in. This movie’s trailer makes me roll my eyes every time I see it in theaters. How am I supposed to believe Baljeet is talented enough to not just remember how every song is EXACTLY supposed to go but also make a multi-singer band’s music sound good?

[a fucking] leaf here, also big Oasis fan.
won't be seeing film because protagonist is a pajeet.

>t. Garth

based Piero poster

Wasn't wonderwall in Lucifer this year?

>Americans don't have to deal with acoustic guitar carrying arseholes playing wonderwall
Sounds like heaven.

Potentially confused Americans, its Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's [Philosopher's] Stone all over again.

The kind of people Yea Forums makes fun of.
i.e. Redditors.

The Universal request is retarded but Danny Boyle is always pulling cringey shit like this and his scripts leave much to be desired.

>google search only brings up Yea Forums
What a surprise

The guys that show up at the Corden show are the Gallagher brothers. Noel plays Liam and viceversa

WATCH IT

Attached: 1509294504148.jpg (600x465, 89K)

It's pretty routine to redo some scenes for American versus foreign audiences to make sure audiences. Pixar has been doing this an absurd amount in its animated movies, going so far as to switch out the "punishment food" in Inside Out from Broccoli to bell peppers to whatever else depending on the country they're trying to localize their film for.

Nostalgia bait over the Beatles. Thing is ton of people now have no idea what Beatles songs even are due to how old they are now and aren't familiar with jokes related to the band's history. Also the movie is about the fame of a British pop band while starring a Paki which just seems off.

The reason why it's wrong it's that most of the Beatles songs, while pretty good by themselves, would never become monster hits if played acoustically by some hideous pajeet. They're only timeless hits because of their voices, the arrangements, the production, and because the fucking Beatles played them. Imagine some brown manlet playing Tomorrow Never Knows and expecting everyone to be amazed

McCartney is behind this. Notice how the guy doesn't play a single Lennon song. It's another attempt to diminish John's role in the band since the damn hippie got killed so he's immortal, while old fart Macca is still desperate to stay relevant playing with Lady Gaga, Kanye or Taylor Swift

FUCKIN SJW. STOP WITH THE INTERRACIAL STUFF. KEKS.

>Taiwanese guy who loves Tupac
The initial premise of the "Fresh off the Boat" tv show was the kid's conflict with his Taiwanese-american parents because he loved gangsta rap so much.Later seasons have mostly forgotten about it though.

>They're only timeless hits because of their voices, the arrangements, the production, and because the fucking Beatles played them.

youtube.com/watch?v=a3LQ-FReO7Q

You mean Maybe?

Hey Bulldog is the worst Beatles song, prove me wrong or Paul's body double dies in his sleep tonight.

Shit cover version
>What is Mr Moonlight

I wish that were true, but sadly they exist here as well.

>Judging by a song's popularity based on singles sales when it primarily played on radio stations aimed at college students who only bought full albums.

Absolutely no one over the age of 12 bought singles in the 90s.

Oasis sucks, no wonder yanks never bothered with them

definietly maybe + what's the story is one of the best runs any band has ever had. I have no idea how noel and liam both managed to fall off so hard at the same time.

Probably punk would have happened earlier as West Coast garage bands like the Ventures, the Animals, and the Sonics hit it big.

>this is an American
>doesn't know oasis
>character in movie has same amount of knowledge as him except characters lack of knowledge is played for laughs
>goes to holocaust class

OH SAY CAN YOU SEE...

Attached: 1560766760910.png (838x1035, 393K)

Americans were making some amazing music in the 90s. unfortunately the watered down easy listening version is what ended up making it into the mainstream.

You get one group of people with one single, and another group of people with the next.

With Weezer's album Pinkerton they rushed out the single for "The Good Life" because the video for El Scorcho sucked and people were changing the radio station when the song came on.

I can't hear this song without getting a huge burst of nostalgia for The Wonder Years.

digits

Amanda Palmer made an Oasis reference in a song I liked and I didn't get it, years ago. Never bothered to look it up either.

btw i wonder if this is the first time she's ever been mentioned here

Attached: amanda palmer.jpg (1100x619, 147K)

i'm an american and i love oasis

Attached: 1560998060376.jpg (768x768, 93K)

>this argument
Did you know Gilbert O'Sullivan had no relation with "Alone Again (Naturally)" whatsoever?

Attached: 1492037587700.jpg (266x286, 20K)

>"needlessly challenging" for American audiences
Pure kino.

literally this
Both songs were popular, though Champagne Supernova was clearly the bigger of the two and neither were as big as Wonderwall.

based fan-fic user

I'm an American, and I know all the songs they reference in the OP, but I don't think I've ever heard that Oasis was highly influenced by the Beatles before today.

>Oasis sucks, no wonder yanks never bothered with them

After Seattle grunge shit like Oasis sounded like last decade's music.

Not as absurd as Zeppelin, which are punitively high as a matter of principle (only Disney or Porsche seem to go to the trouble), but the biggest problem I have with Beatles royalties is the percentage that goes to Yoko Ono.
I have nothing against her kids, but I haven't bought a Beatles song or album in my life because I hate the cunt and am waiting for her to die before one penny of mine ends up in her bank account.

>I don't think I've ever heard that Oasis was highly influenced by the Beatles before today.
Bruh what
That was like their whole thing

Kurt Kobain actually grew up listening to The Beatles (however among other artists, of course, with more influence on him).

Fun fact.

Attached: 1477096856434.jpg (500x374, 27K)

Reminder that Land Down Under ripped off The Kookaburra Song.

ok

He also liked listening to a song called Raping a Slave by Swans, who gives a shit? The Beatles influenced him but clearly it isn't as pronounced as his other influences.

I did.

I did until four years ago

Why does this movie exist?

boomers

You're understanding this backwards, implying that Americans are stupid. The reality is that Brit's are stupid bootlickers. Let me explain: Brits react with laughter because it never occurs to them that such a massive deception/conspiracy could ever be real. They live, after all, in a disarmed, dismantled, police state where they are being slowly and obviously genocided, yet they literally notice nothing.

The reaction of the Americans, on the other hand, is due to the fact that we understand just how deep the Jewish deceptions/conspiracies actually go - and thus the moment of confusion is where Americans are trying to figure out whether the Beatles and Oasis (two bands they know) really did exist or not - that is, they're asking "what is this film really asserting? Is this a joke or is it serious?". Brits are too dumb to have any such thoughts. Their minds are literally too small to even consider the idea being presented.

Boomers already have plenty to choose from as far as Beatles movies go, though.

Creative bankruptcy

>this is the shit Danny Boyle wastes his time on
Give me more Sunshine you fucking hack!

>"My kids also like that bloke, WhatsApp Ricky. You know, the American geezer, stylish, funny, gold teeth. [when told he means A$AP Rocky] Oh yeah, that’s the fella. WhatsApp Ricky. That’s a better fucking name anyway."

Attached: 91cfefcb09a232c7e013bf748de2723b-1556678986-eODd-column-width-inline.jpg (865x623, 110K)

Retarded yank.

Do you realise how many bands are known as one hit wonders in the US but not anywhere else? It's because of your shit radio stations.

The only thing I know about Oasis is a handful of their songs. And they sound a little more prog rock than Beatles pop shit.
And I know fuck all about music really. I just know what I like.

Why don’t we come up with similar interchangeable movie stories and see what clicks?

>A man wakes up and realizes he’s the only person aware of the mobile phone
>A woman wakes up and realizes nobody’s ever heard of The Godfather
>A Brazilian teenager wakes up and realizes nobody’s ever heard of Dragon Ball
>A French nurse wakes up and realizes nobody’s ever heard of an MRI
>An Australian bank robber wakes up and realizes nobody’s ever heard of a digital watch
>A Japanese middle-aged housewife wakes up and realizes nobody’s ever heard of The Simpsons

So does Liam.

>show movie to americans
>they don't understand it, scenes get cut
Why does this happen so often?

I am convinced if this was about a white guy, Yea Forums would be entirely behind it. But because it happens to feature a brown dude, you have to bend over backwards to find ways to dismiss and criticize the movie before it's even out.

Personally, I just think the premise is kind of lame and interchangeable with just about any cultural phenomenon.

youtube.com/watch?v=8rhowoxTZLM

This was always my favorite Oasis song. Not their biggest hit and probably one of their last over here, but I still like it

what do you like user?

The title track off What's The Story is it for me. And the video is kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wm54XyLwBAk

Attached: 1544625450650.png (739x1748, 275K)

Oh yeah this one was pretty cool too

they play Lennon and Harrison: Help, A Hard Day's Night, All You Need Is Love, Here Comes the Sun and Something

amazon.com/Yesterday-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/B07RPB8X4F

The backstreet boys is to America as the Beatles are to the UK.

It's disgusting once you think about it.

you and you alone are the reason the usa had such a low average iq.

'to rock the boat' also means to cause trouble which fits in the story but americunts need everything spelled out for them because they spend more times eating cheeseburgers than watching movies

did the dog died?

Yes, the sabre-toothed kangamaroo fell on it.

Would that really make you belly laugh though ?
It's just amusing at best

Possibly, but it would change the movie dramatically.

Part of what helped propel the Beateles to super stardom was how they were seen as these quintessential English guys and over time they evolved along with the times, regularly representing what was popular in pop culture.

A Paki doesn't typically strike people as quintessential English and it's hard to romanticize English life or English rock culture when it's being represented by someone that doesn't look English.

I dunno if they've got much in common besides having an audience made up entirely of screaming underage girls.

Yeah and look where that got him

The movie is about the power of music, not identity politics, thank you very much.

>you have to bend over backwards to find ways to dismiss

It's got a poonigger as the mc. What's there to bend over backwards to find ways to dismiss it?

It sounds more like wish fulfillment, if not outright wank, to me.

>GDC
The guy was talking out of his ass to a load of people into making phone games that no one cares about.

Choosing someone brown was a choice of identity politics.

True about the pajeet. It's literally cuckboil desperately wishing browns had more of a part in british creative history.

Can't listen to "dont look back in anger" ever since anti-white organisations promoted it hugely following the muslim bombing of children in manchester as a way of getting people to forget about it.

It's boyle so there'll be a overly sentimental side love story (with a white girl) and although his folly for riches will come undone he'll get the girl.

Beautiful. Repeat x1000000 with a paperthin new conceit every time.

huh?

Not that the film won't be utter crap but im going to assume he plays it trying to get the crowd to sing along so it flops as they just don't know what he's getting at.

A few years ago some arab walked into a concert venue in Manchester as a gig was ending and blew himself up killing dozens of children.

There was then some commemorative gig with the song and a big push for it in the charts, as Oasis were a manchester band. The intended message quite explicitly being "don't be angry about the murder of your children".

I liked Trance

No. Champagne supernova was fucking driven into the ground. They were huge for a while.

>Raping a Slave
Still haven't chewed through all of Swans discography. Looking forward to this gem.

there's literately a movie called Gook about this and its great

I'm sure that has been already said in the thread but, HOW THE FUCK HAS YOU DON'T HEAR WONDERWALL?

It's like if you haven't heard With or Without You from U2.

You just have to turn on the radio a tune to a pop hits station some times and you will heard them repeatedly.

Based. GDC is a joke 90% of the time. I even watched a Richard Garfield talk, and the only worthwhile information from that greedy cunt was that "bad things are 3x as bad as good things are good."