Spock is an emotionless robot who acts like he doesnt even know Kirk

>spock is an emotionless robot who acts like he doesnt even know Kirk
>McCoy is a bitching housewife
>Kirk pisses off everyone around him
>yeah this JUST what fans want!
Who approved this shit?

Attached: startrek-TMP.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7HYpkJQGyOg
youtube.com/watch?v=_h7Nm4o3aHY
youtube.com/watch?v=6iuGp9gUeNk
youtube.com/watch?v=qoDxunCN9NI
youtu.be/HHjLsvEOeS0
ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/constitution-refit.htm
youtu.be/774bAIX5Nns
youtu.be/mkJ3--2K7yo
youtube.com/watch?v=_hvh2oFBkEk
youtube.com/watch?v=NxYzSiGX7lg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

are U low IQ if you love TOS but do not like TNG?

Kino Geno-o

whats wrong with TNG?

TNG is for faggots

In the novel Kirk stares at Ilia's bare boobs for an entire page.

she had a nice rack for a deltan

its kino, pure kino

Decker also tries fucking her to get through to her and V'ger finds it fascinating before he has Ilia end the intimacy.

Based

Pic unrelated. Can someone post the OS episode guide? Had it lost it want it back. K thx :^)

Attached: 1533965070635.jpg (800x560, 144K)

woah i gotta read dis shit

Attached: s-l1600-783.jpg (1115x1600, 423K)

what race is this

I thought it was cool that Matt Decker was his dad, the captain from the great TOS episode, "The Doomsday Machine". I almost sish that Decker would have said something about his dad in TMP when he was fighting with Kirk.

Attached: collins_khambatta_cake.jpg (900x690, 418K)

no u are high iq

>What are character arcs?

You're an absolute pleb.

Funny enough, Commodore Decker survived "The Doomsday Machine" in the book adaptation. It's been a long time since I last read it but I think the novel adaptation of TMP has that as its canon. Regarding the film, that might explain the amount of anger and contempt Decker has toward Kirk beyond "He took my command".

I thought it was really frightening how the probe thingy "photographed" and recorded things by like taking them apart and destroying them in the process

>piracy vs stealing.jpg

For the second movie sure, but when fan have been waiting 10 years for a TOS movie you dont make all the main crew fight with each other for half the movie

Report to the counselor for wrong think.

Attached: Van_Mayter_dead.jpg (685x543, 36K)

Considering the script for TMP was several scripts from the planned Star Trek Phase II series, imagine what the crew would have acted like in that.

Fuck you, The Motion Picture is the only Trek production that even qualifies as a Film

The screaming sound gave me nightnares

Attached: Star.Trek.The.Motion.Picture.1979.720p.BRrip.x264.YIFY.mp4_snapshot_00.26.11.751.jpg (2560x1440, 155K)

The visuals you fucking twat

Attached: Enterprise-model-1-600x436.jpg (600x436, 32K)

What makes you shit yourself in feral rage about the other films?

WRONG. 1, 2, 6 and 8 are all great films.

Too bad some of the story ideas didn't make the final cut...

Attached: Enterprise-saucer-separation-concept-art-600x267.jpg (600x267, 38K)

best warps too

Attached: ST-TMP-DC.mkv_snapshot_00.40.57.875.jpg (2560x1440, 245K)

Attached: Enterprise-saucer-separation-concept-art-1-600x267.jpg (600x267, 34K)

Cinerama at best

entry level star trek for normies

Hrrm what decade is this from

stardate 7414.1

I love how TNG was pretty much all the unused concepts from the films and Phase II.

Generations had its moments too damnit...

Attached: vzk7qQARq.gif (350x148, 1008K)

It had some great character stuff with Picard and Data, and some interesting setpieces, but the plot was very stupid, and I didn't like what they did with Kirk

The Motion Picture is perfect

Attached: warpcorebreach.gif (400x169, 1003K)

I wanna stick my dick in V'ger's vagina

Attached: Ilia_probe.jpg (886x770, 37K)

Pic related describes the OP, who has accurately understood the cold, humorless, too-serious chemistry of the first film, which together with its worst-ever uniforms, are absolutely not redeemed by the sometimes-admittedly cool visual effects.

The boomers were, and are, always right: TMP sucks. The only real reason why anyone says otherwise is because zoomers have a misbegotten project of wishing to rehabilitate what their superior forebears correctly rejected, for no other reason than pure contrarianism, and not at all on the film's merits. It was left to Khan to re-inject Camp and a fair bit of humor into the Star Trek film, thus saving the media property.

>DUDE SPOCK IS FLYING THROUGH SPACE IN NOTHING BUT HIS SPACESUIT THERE'S COLORS EVERYWHERE

Attached: jejo.jpg (858x1420, 258K)

Filthy carbon unit.

You are an absolute retard. Also, 2 is overrated.

EXCUSE ME?!

Attached: uApht.jpg (714x541, 62K)

>Cap'n, the p.H. is up around 9.6, and you need it seven to eight max!

Attached: Relics XXL.jpg (540x405, 24K)

>THERE'S COLORS EVERYWHERE
The sky with stars so bright
The colors feel so right
I've never felt like this, I'll keep on runnin'

The sky with stars so bright
The colors feel so right
Just take my hand, we're gonna reach for the stars toniiiiiiiiiiiiiight

1.Undiscovered Country
2.The Search for Spock
3.The Voyage Home
4.The Wrath of Khan
5.The Final Frontier
6.Insurrection
7.Beyond
8.Into Darkness
10.Nemesis
11.First Contact
12.Generations
13.The Motion Picture

Attached: trekko.png (1125x1125, 624K)

No, you.

I'll push it a step further. I watched the first eight flicks as a teenager, and even then I understood that the Even-Number-Good/Odd-Number-Bad rubric did in fact generally hold up. But the one which I found to be the worst of the bunch at the time was Search for Spock. Years later I re-watched both TMP and Search for Spock, to give them another try and see if I had been too cavalier in dismissing them. Watching now as a full-adult, non-manchild casual Star Trek fan, I still found both installments inferior to the even-numbered flicks. But one important change happened: TMP was /even worse/ than I'd remembered, whereas Search for Spock was the picture that was rehabilitated somewhat on a second look, with Christopher Lloyd's performance, the daring breakout of the ship, and the resurrection sequence not seeming to drag as it had done when I was younger.

>1.Undiscovered Country
Yes
>Rest of list
wat

>whats wrong with TNG?

muh feelings and liberal virtues

Attached: entdestruct2.gif (500x180, 891K)

Three was boring to me for 3 reasons
1. they switched back from TV lighting/cameras (Khan was originally a TV movie) so Trek III has bright sets and colors

2.the enterprise was empty and dark for most of the movie. it was like watching a side quest movie, all the plot elements were happening too far away
>spacedock
>genesis planet waaay out there
>oh yeah Vulcan

3. dumb fuck Kliongons show up for no reason other than "wahh the evil Federation!! lets steal their shit lol"

You typed all that up when you could have simply said "I'm a huge faggot".

this movie is based. And there's a reason Spock is a dick

No, you. TMP is shit.

You don't understand Star Trek then. Not surprising coming from a wad gulper like you.

My God Bones...

Attached: nine.webm (720x306, 2.25M)

No, you. You might as well have written "You don't (REALLY) understand My Little Pony then" (the lesser point being that you are the one purporting special knowledge about what a great media franchise My Little Pony is). The larger point being that the larger part of Star Trek's appeal is a certain campy utopian charm and a slight levity, which were wholly absent from TMP. I remain right, and you remain wrong, and since this has been amply demonstrated, I declare victor and shall refrain further comment except to reiterate No, you where appropriate.

TMP is shit and you are wrong.

In descending order of quality,
>Voyage Home
>Undiscovered Country
>Wrath of Khan
>Motion Picture
>First Contact
>Search For Spock
>Insurrection
>Generations
>Final Frontier
>Nemesis

Attached: star_trek_iv_poster.jpg (350x535, 51K)

Final Frontier doesn't deserve the hate

My parents, big Trekkers, told me about when they went to see this in the theaters. There wasn't a dry eye in the house at that scene.

If you actually believe you have a correct opinion on this movie you need to pry your face from that man butt and get a whiff of reality.

>WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH I DIDN'T KNOW STAR TREK WASN'T FAR RIGHT! I JUST STARTED WATCHING MY DAD'S DVDS TODAY! FUCKING LIBERAL VIRTUES ARE SO BAD AAAHH!
Okay, Muhammad.

No, you.

>Yea Forums hates The Motion Picture
Of course, add it to the list of shit opinions on this board.

>Transporters are safe they said.

Attached: Staar Trek Barclay Transporterphobia.jpg (600x451, 64K)

Faggy and Noyoupilled

Star Wars (1977) budget: $11 million dollars
Star Trek The Motion Picture (1979) budget: $41 million dollars

Attached: 1558017810357.jpg (648x660, 68K)

big director
big VFX
big musician
big actors

Their Tony Stark?

Supposedly Leonard Nimoy ad-libbed a classic styled Spock joke into one of the final scenes, the director told him that jokes 'don't fit the tone' and reshot. The bloke just doesn't understand Star Trek at all. It was always light hearted, but he did all he could to sap the life out of the movie.

Watch every single episode in production order, ya poof.

Attached: Ent_Beaut_Cred.jpg (2536x1080, 301K)

How's your day going, buddy? Have you had sex or is missing the entire point of Star Trek and bragging about it the most elated you've felt in a while?

Who cares?

no

youtu.be/7HYpkJQGyOg

Attached: MW023.jpg (733x504, 88K)

I'll dance until this thread is over as long as I get to remind you of what a pleb queer you are.

?

haven't seen it what did they do with kirk

>into darkness above literally anything

The movie-style Constitution-class design will always be my favorite design of the Enterprise. Though my favorite Federation ship design of all time will always be the Miranda-class.

Attached: USS_Reliant.jpg (1780x900, 78K)

TMP is the best Star Trek movie. Cosmic mystery, amazing visuals, and the characters taken very seriously.

>I've never had sex and my shit taste and gay opinions are indefensible but Ill hide like the loser I've always been

>not Voyage Home

TMP
>POWERGAP
WRATH OF KHAN
VOYAGE HOME
FINAL FRONTIER
UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY
SEARCH FOR SPOCK

Attached: 52713017_10155784230060286_2339150910090903552_o.jpg (1073x1073, 89K)

>THE Starship enterprise is blwon up to kill like 5 Klingons

Such a lame ass ending.

I've always been split between the two...as they are both perfect.

Attached: facf97679e895c8fe047e38434667fee-700.jpg (1244x700, 137K)

There was a bit more to it...

He is comparing it to when tony stark died in the avengers after years of build up as the main hero.

Attached: ohai.webm (1920x800, 1.76M)

Ah. Don't know, but Lady E was as much of an individual and character as Kirk and Spock and Bones, and her death shook many a fan.

>future starships won't have Majel's voice
This makes me incredibly sad. I don't want to hear another voice for starship computers.

Attached: 1552444227715.jpg (250x333, 41K)

One of the best battle sequences in the films. Also the only time the Constitution-class Enterprise used her phasers in the films.

underrated post

But Kirk, Spock, and McCoy's relationship and character arcs throughout the movie are the best thing about it. Sorry you're a brainlet.

>First Officer is melted into a blob of Lovecraftian protoplasm in an early transporter accident scene

His rank was Commodore

Tip because you get it. Season 2 of TNG was a lot of Phase II scripts, it's the most 70s of all TNG. That's why that old bag of bones doc comes on board.

Roddenberry was very out of touch by that point + the studio wanted a very serious film (none of the great bantz between Spock and McCoy)
But for what it is, it's not that bad, and probably the movie that's closest to a TOS ep (ST:V is probably a little bit closer)

You faggot, I went to see it with my parents, no one fucking cried. My parents are in their 60s now and they don't remember shit, my dad thinks Star Trek IV was the only good movie and erased his memory of V and VI even though we saw both in the theaters.

BOTANY BAY
OH NO...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

Kirk, Spock and McCoy don't have character and relationship arcs in the first movie.

You take this picture with a fucking potato?

Did you try watching the movie?

I've watched it. That's why I wrote what I did.

Best ship coming through.

Attached: Excelsior_class.jpg (1615x622, 406K)

What I found weird about this, was Khan knew Chekov, yet Chekov wasn't in the TOS episode with Khan.

Well you should have paid attention to what was happening on the screen then, you woulda saw the three's uneasy reunion and eventual coming together and character growth throughout the movie. Well, Kirk and Spock at least.

They actually brought this up on the set, but the director just kind of ignored it.
I always just imagined that Chekov was on the ship, but hadn't been promoted to the bridge crew yet.

Thank you for defeating the substance (and not just the details) of your own argument.

if you liked that get a whiff of this *rips off pants and unleashes a monster fart blast in your direction obliterating all your clothes except your underwear leaving you super embarrassed*

God, Season 2 was so bad. They tried the power trio with Picard/Data/Pulaski but it completely failed because Pulaski was a straight-up bitch.

Please, back of the line, ore hauler.

Attached: Klingon_Bird-of-Prey.jpg (757x363, 23K)

BWWOOOOOHHMMMMPPP

Attached: BWWOOOOOHHMMMMPPP.jpg (1920x816, 264K)

Parsi, so largely Iranian with some Indian admixture.

The entire opening sequence of TMP still gives me chills. The sound effects, the Klingon theme and V'ger's theme, and watching the three K'tinga-class warships be effortlessly annihilated while Epsilon-Nine watches on.

Yes they fucking did. Holy shit.
Spock learns to accept emotion again, and lets Jim back in emotionally.
McCoy doesn't want to be back at first, but warns up to it while reminding Kirk that he's not the captain anymore and needs to be more hands-off. Kirk makes good on this by respecting decker more.

Attached: 1560977761325.jpg (717x717, 66K)

>Season 2 of TNG was a lot of Phase II scripts,
This is a dumb meme. Literally only two Phase II scripts were ever used, "The Child" in S2 and "Devil's Due" in S4.

this is the second best trek movie and only tasteless americans hated it. in europe it was a big success

That's because Europe barely has any movies to speak of.

It's very flawed but I still really love that movie. What they do with the main trio was great. That scene with Spock and Kirk in the hospital room after Spock contacts V'ger is one of the best, and gayest, scenes in the franchise. It's a shame how much better this would have been if they stuck to making a TV series though. Watching it with that in mind it you can really see how it could have been great first episode but got stretched into a boring movie.

If you don't love the scene where Kirk and Scotty fly around in a little pod while viewing the Enterprise in space dock, then I hate you on a personal level.

I love it for the music and showing off the Enterprise. I hate it because it's FIVE STRAIGHT MINUTES OF DOING THAT.

you must be trolling, this scene launched a thousand fujoships youtube.com/watch?v=_h7Nm4o3aHY

You're soulless

What you're describing is an academic/technical exercise, not a film. That's the reason why Europeans (reportedly, if true) loved it according to , and if true, to their great discredit for capacity of aesthetic appreciation.

>these elements of a film are not film because I dislike the film
The flying fuck are you blathering about.

We're finally gonna fly in the Enterprise again after a break of about a decade that no one writing in this thread has any meaningful subjective understanding of, it's serious and great!!

Subjective interiority and sapience depends on patient autistic attention to an ultimately inconsequential science fiction media franchise

Attached: a useful illustration.gif (365x400, 551K)

They did that shit in 1979 and it's amazing

Why would they all be in the same place in their lives that we last saw them 10 years earlier in TOS? No one stays captain of a starship for 13 years

Kirk is a bastard who fornicates with Hortas.

Man, if they only stretched all the tv show episodes then. Id love to be bored like that.

He falls off a bridge and dies in the dumbest way possible

youtube.com/watch?v=6iuGp9gUeNk

Attached: cringing.jpg (1438x1080, 256K)

and why exactly do you discredit technical and aesthetic appreciation? It's a sci-fi movie, of course those elements are worth appreciating. You're trying WAY too hard to sound smart about you just not liking the movie because the characters acted somewhat differently than in the show which was obviously intentional from the filmmakers and writers. I'm not saying it's a perfect movie by any means but you expecting everyone to just agree with your very subjective criticisms is kind of autistic desu

Is it just me or does this post sound like the kind of thing a TLJ defender would make in order to get others make the same arguments they do but in a different context?

Wait what purpose did this scene even serve? I dont recall it having any impact on the story. Also why make a thing out of Decker having to serve as science offiser for no apparent reason until spock shows up 5 minutes later?

>TMP is shit.
Politely disagree. It has huge shortcomings but is the only one of the films to have a feeling of grandeur.

The camp fire scene is one of the best Trek scenes ever.

Attached: d452eebab2b7bc338929c386c16a9b23873ec196.jpg (320x240, 22K)

Just because he wasn't on screen doesn't mean he wasn't onboard at the time Khan was there.

Lol data

Kirk also murders people with a transporter and then jokes about it.

Kirk was always supremely based.

Some cut FX scenes from TMP have recently been unearthed for those interested - youtube.com/watch?v=qoDxunCN9NI

Just a few seconds here and there. Seeing one of the Klingon ships partially destroyed by V'Ger is the highlight.

this guy turned out to be a pedophile, right?

Attached: wazat.jpg (1920x816, 200K)

Attached: owww.jpg (1920x816, 203K)

Nice

My Mom had the full international version on vhs that included all of the additional stuff not on the dvd version. It's over 3 hours.

Having grown up on TNG before seeing TMP, I was mostly really confused by the TNG theme playing for the original Enterprise

They literally aren't, Kirk is an admiral and Spock fucked off to Vulcan, Bones has to be called in

There's no "international" version.

The longest version is the extended TV cut and even then it's only 16 minutes longer than the theatrical.

Sorry, the 1986 special collector's edition with the black and gold box.

Yep he completely vanished after admitting to it, 7th heaven reruns were taken off the air, and his wife divorced him etc

I like the director's edition of TMP. Nice "fixes" without being obtrusive.

Her V'gina was replicated to include moisture.

No you're high test for sure

The refit enterprise is considered the absolute peak form of film model building. Too bad Star Trek also introduced the death of this art form.

Attached: ST_Enterprise_1.jpg (1556x843, 291K)

TNG practical model was so bad it looked like bad CG.

Final Frontier is criminally underrated, and Undiscovered Country is woefully overrated.

I think you still need to reexamine TMP in the context of how it is commonly viewed today: being caught on television on a lazy weekend afternoon and put on as something to watch while friends or relatives are over.

It is a perfect film to sit and talk about while the film is going on because of the long stretches of time between dialogue.

youtu.be/HHjLsvEOeS0

Attached: Star Trek - Ships Of The Line - Refit Construction.jpg (4000x2522, 2.18M)

They also add some great scenes from the "special longer version" that were cut from the theatrical release - such as Spock crying for V'Ger

until the HD versions of TNG came out I thought it WAS bad cgi model

what was the point of "reftting" the old 1701 if 95% of it was brand new? Why not just give them a new ship with the same registry and retire the old one? many times as a kid i fogot that the Ent Refit was supposed to be the same ship as TOS

Anybody old enough to guage the hype for this when it first came out?

ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/constitution-refit.htm

TOS
STD
DS9
TNG
VOY
ENT

Technically none...but they wanted an updated ship for Phase II which made a lot of sense form wise....and then it got taken to a beautiful tho extreme level when it became a movie.

Attached: 5df3586a1.jpg (1500x750, 66K)

Good read. Thanks

based and justified

Attached: spock-sybok-weapon-stv.jpg (800x400, 75K)

Should've renamed it the USS Theseus

Unfortunately it does deserve all the hate.

Attached: sta.jpg (600x300, 37K)

IWANTMYPAIN I NEEDMYPAIN

Problem was the writers' strike and all the accompanies fallout. Not only did it not get the proper script treatment, but the studio was trying to save costs thanks to all the lost revenues the strike caused.

youtu.be/774bAIX5Nns

Attached: rockman.png (250x201, 66K)

Definitive film ranking:
>KINO
The Motion Picture
The Wrath of Khan
The Search for Spock
The Voyage Home
The Final Frontier
The Undiscovered Country
Generations
First Contact
Insurrection
Nemesis

>TRASH
Star Trek
Into Darkness
Beyond

>putting any of the pig disgusting TNG movies in the same tier as Star Trek kino

Fixed Definitive film ranking:
>KINO
The Wrath of Khan
The Undiscovered Country
The Search for Spock
First Contact
The Voyage Home

>FINE
Generations
The Motion Picture

>TRASH
The Final Frontier
Beyond
Nemesis
Insurrection
Star Trek
Into Darkness

Attached: kirk-saurian-brandy-01.jpg (1069x957, 193K)

Name value. The Enterprise is the most famous ship in Starfleet, so they went the extra mile to bring her up to spec rather than trashing her outright.

>the ending to my star track movie is spock and khan punching each other on a flying garbage barge
What did JJ mean by this?

Attached: star-trek-into-darkness-hd-2211.jpg (1916x806, 341K)

The Federation is a pseudo-communist bureaucracy; a new name = more paperwork

Not quite but from the research I've done they spared no expense. They were the first McDonalds film tie-in I believe and there was a ton of merch. There was a line of action figures with a refit bridge playset and some early video games I believe. Paramount needed a ton of revenue to recoup the outlandish cost.

This is true. Also means they can still build a new starship as well. First rule of government spending, why have one when you can have two at three times the price?

To play devils advocate...they could have just put her in a museum.

Attached: 017-lg.jpg (1280x848, 174K)

Oh hai guys.

What is going on in this thread?

Attached: voyagehome.jpg (600x319, 65K)

This sequence where an... oddly familiar-shaped craft flies through a ruined city on Qo'noS is identical to one in TFA when the Millennium Falcon flies through a wrecked Star Destroyer.
I brought this up on >another forum and was told to shut the fuck up, the similarities are only superficial...!

Attached: star-trek-into-darkness-hd-1016.jpg (1916x806, 268K)

JUST USE THE KEYBOARD!

looking at the production notes..the first VFX co upped their initial cost of 2mil for effects to 16 mil then to 43 mil before they got kicked off the project. crazy shit

>Paramount needed a ton of revenue to recoup the outlandish cost.
What sucks since TMP killed any chance of future movies having a decent budget. Everything after that had to work with pocket change, which sometimes worked for the better, but some could've used more money (Search for Spock and First Contact)

Luckily even with a limited budget we got

Attached: zj0hcw1wbt3p.gif (500x236, 1.05M)

based computer poster

I like how they found a cure to death using khan's blood

and a tribble

Attached: screen-shot-2017-10-03-at-101624-ampng.jpg (1300x651, 81K)

>TRIBBLES!! I CLAPPED!! I CAUGHT THAT REFERENCE!!

Attached: ohwhatthef.jpg (744x858, 329K)

star trek: into the trash

Are you okay, child?

It's funny how the JJ movies, despite being advertised as a "TOS reboot", actually draw the most material from the TOS *movies*, because they knew that's what normies would be more familiar with.

What's with movies in quotation marks?

You cannot unsee her holding a knife (you only see the tip) ready to stab.

It was generally considered to be pretty bad for years until contrarian chicken fuckers came along to say otherwise.

Season 1 and most of 2 are shite. Rest is pretty good though.

GODDAMNIT!

Attached: 1555387549771.jpg (1364x766, 151K)

the soundtrack is top tier though

to emphasize how there's next to no references to the TOS series itself in the JJ movies, only the TOS movies (especially TWOK)

> Lieutenant
Indeed

Attached: Star.Trek.TNG.S03E15 - Yesterday's Enterprise.mkv_snapshot_02.46_[2019.06.24_11.56.10].jpg (960x720, 304K)

Except for all the references that are in the Abrams films.

was tasha yar really get rape?

There's IRL precedent for this though, just look at any of the battleship reconstructions between WWI and WWII, or what the US Navy did to the USS Chicago or the USS Albany in the 50s (pic related).

Attached: 1280px-Comparison_of_USS_Chicago_as_heavy_cruiser_CA-136_in_1945_and_as_guided_missile_cruiser_CG-11 (1280x854, 187K)

no she rape escape

I watched TOS with zero star trek experience and thought it was the best thing ever then watched the TOS movies and I was devastated at how little it felt like the show. The first one is the closet you get, and it gets further and further away with each iteration. It doesn't even feel like Kirk anymore.

Scene scared the fuck out of me as a kid

I'm still split between this ep and Best of Both Worlds being the best of TNG.

Attached: rememberthename.jpg (490x374, 34K)

a few things, one its to show that Kirk is rushing the launch of the ship when its clearly not ready (and killing people). second its just to give another tense stand off with kirk/decker,
but the real life reason is mostly because the they didnt really have any use for the Sonak vulcan character so they just kill him off. i think he was going to be in Phase II before it was cancelled

Xon

Sonak was just a throw away.

Attached: xon-1513381381124_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 164K)

best trek beaming aboard captain

Attached: Star_Trek_IV_The_Voyage_Home.png (275x376, 165K)

>studio thought that the Borg were boring as "space zombies" and told the devs to make a character that goes against everything the Borg were about for First Contact

Attached: Borg_Queen%2C_2373.jpg (350x395, 15K)

2-3-4 is prob the best sci fi trilogy combo in movie history

the best part is it wasn't even on purpose

Hey Ager, get more of your shit on 90% discount and I'll think about it.

add the start of 5 (camping trip) and its the perfect ending.

Look at that sexy neck, you want to just throttle it. Mmmmmmm.

Attached: VnMQH8ZmtuXfiLx_ynmLEji5JbfRXr7L-y60egiUWm8.jpg (600x757, 67K)

>Persis Khambatta
She died of a heart attack or some shit at a fairly young age. Feels bad. Warrior of the Lost World was totally shitty but was a pretty good MST3K episode.... retarded Mad Max ripoff.

Attached: brainwashed02_8926.png (254x241, 68K)

TMP is kino you dumb fuck

That sucks

>My parents, big Trekkers, told me about when they went to see this in the theaters. There wasn't a dry eye in the house at that scene.
You're parents lied to you. The promotional materials, the trailer, and hell, even the title itself, spoiled every major plot point of the film, including the destruction of the Enterprise. It was an incredibly disappointing movie because by the end it will have been the second the film with a downer, "bittersweet" ending. We have the benefit of knowing how the II-III-IV trilogy works out. The boomers and Gen-X kids didn't at the time in the 80's.

>parents lied to you
Did you see it in the theatre?

>>future starships won't have Majel's voice
She recorded so much dialogue over her career that synthesizing her voice has been feasable for several years using existing audio techniques. Any artificiality can easily be retconned since it's -supposed- to be a computer voice, but again, a case like hers (well documented actress doing a computer voice) is easymode.

>What you're describing is an academic/technical exercise
>I have no idea what sci-fi is.
k

They did give Xon's actor a bit part in the listening post just after the Klingon scene.

this is what happens when you view kino with a laptop open or thumbing your phone.

> The promotional materials, the trailer, and hell, even the title itself, spoiled every major plot point of the film, including the destruction of the Enterprise.

The scene if the Enterprise blowing up in the tv commercials got me to go see it because I couldnt believe they were blowing up the Enterprise. This was before the internet, so if they would not have shown that, there would have been no way I would have known the Enterprise was going to blow up and I would have never seen it in the theater.

ST3 was also the first appearance of the USS Excelsior, one of the most beautiful designs in Trek. The whole scene of Kirk stealing the Refit from the starbase with Excelsior powering up and going after Kirk was great.

Attached: Excelsior ship.jpg (1810x867, 295K)

what about the enterprise B model?

starships look like THAT?

Prove it.

youtu.be/mkJ3--2K7yo

Attached: abfd3f580b1497e4bf.jpg (1920x1080, 169K)

Nah, my first Trek film in the theater was IV, but I remember the controversy which was still pretty fresh in the late 80's around the time of TNG and sort of morphed into the even-odd film theory. It really all just boils down to faggots being pissed about ST3 being spoiled and never getting over it. From the last ~10 minutes of ST2 to the last ~10 minutes of ST4 is pretty awkward since they're missing huge characters (Spock, the ship itself) and you don't know how it's going to end-up. The spoiler of the title sort of tries to let you off the hook, then ends up being a bait-and-switch and you're back to missing a major character. In real time this was like 4 1/2 years of Trek fandom in a weird wilderness, but in retrospect it's fine because TNG was right around the corner (was actually beloved when it premiered and only got better. the fresh hope was partially why) and eventually ST6 set things right, but you didnt know that at the time.

>Warrior of the Lost World was totally shitty but was a pretty good MST3K episode

Oh man I love WotLW on MST3K, one of my favorites, up there with Space Mutiny.

Attached: s-l1600-787.jpg (1600x1200, 381K)

3 was weird because you only had a tiny bit of the classic crew on a huge empty ship on a dark bridge. felt like something was missing

checked and they also used the ship streaking across the sky burning up in the atmosphere in promo shots iirc

The soundtracks for II and III are incredible, I could watch them just to listen to the music.

rip james horner

RIP good sir, many of my fondest film memories of the 80s are thanks to him.

Star Trek II and III
Krull
The Land Before Time
Willow
Space Raiders
Cocoon

One of the best scenes along with this.

youtube.com/watch?v=_hvh2oFBkEk

VI was my first Trek film in the theatre, an epic experience. I truly enjoy all of the TOS-era films. To me they all have strengths and weaknesses but I love them all the same. I also really enjoyed the TMP-era DC Comics.

>felt like something was missing
Of course. You simply cannot remove Kirk, Spock, or McCoy and carry on like normal. Other characters are expendable but the warrior-priest-physician dynamic is crucial. And then you have the ship itself which is obviously central. Leonard Nemoy wanting to be written out and then changing his mind derailed the franchise for an entire film and arguably two if you assume that they most likely would never have destroyed the ship in another film, thus Star Trek 4 is much different as well.

that's very nice, let me show you my synopsis

>McCoy, absolutely neurotic uncle that you need, good for a joke or two. Looks out for the crews well-being. Not there, just because of his medical intelligence, but to keep the crew human. Even after experiencing the great wonders and dangerous horrors of space.

>Spock, doesn't just believe things at their superficial value. Spock is the man who keeps learning. A token of stoicism. Kirk's right hand man. Won't waver from his captains decisions. But challenges Kirk to use his mind and see what lies beneath. Data is truth, there are no gods, only more advanced beings.

>Captain Kirk, within one minute of watching Kirk, you IMMEDIATELY understand what a man is. A quick thinking, swashbuckler of a man. Good with women. A great charismatic leader. We all rely upon to guide us to victory. He never gives up, there is no such thing as losing. He believes in himself. One look into his eyes and you understand and respect his tough decisions. Challenges a man like Spock to believe that the sometimes great illogical risks reap the greatest rewards. You can depend on Kirk. Chad grovels and wets his pants in his presence.

so far i haven't enjoyed any of the other star treks

Attached: d787828c605830b40fb4cd806560d849.jpg (1000x800, 138K)

>A great charismatic leader.
I feel like Kirk is the one who matured the most between TOS and TMP. Young Kirk played fast and loose with the rulebook, but Admiral Kirk has grown up quite a bit.

I am. I remember the collectible glasses and looking at the action figures at my local K-Mart. The best thing about the movie was when it premiered on network TV it was four hours with commercials. It aired over 2 nights. I got to stay up late both nights. It's still my sentimental favorite.

How come James Doohan's daughter is a teenage hottie now in 2019? The guy was born about a hundred fucking years ago. Based skirt chaser.

Attached: BkpvdKfCEAEgPT-.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

>those teeth

Meh, I could live with that.

He met a 17 year old trekkie and had to get him some.

Holy shit. Imagine having kids at that age.

Attached: james-doohan-beam-me-up-scotty-from-star-trek-with-wife-wende-and-daughter-sarah-received-the-2261th (878x1390, 254K)

The creepy part was I was actually near the park he crashed at the same time. His plane went down a few miles away while I was enduring this.

Attached: IMG_3908.jpg (1632x1224, 551K)

Now THIS is shitposting

Remember when men used to be men?

why do celebs fly private planes, they ALWAYS die in a crash

Not always.

Attached: harrison-ford-recruit-left-side.png (1425x731, 1.83M)

The Motion Picture is maximum comfy.

So comfy infact that I have never finished it, I always fall asleep during.

Hell I get comfy sleepy vibes just from thinking about it.

>You can't manage that today, in this dope-filled world, get in a long tube with a bunch of demons
Only the low level ones die, user. When you're literally possessed by demons, Satan is your co-pilot.

Attached: ORKEJIH2ZNG2TOFLIF5UNOVPX4.jpg (620x349, 23K)

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is just... well, it's just too just for any of you kids to comprehend it on levels that matter, seriously.

It's just... too just.

>big director
kinda
>big VFX
not really
>big musician
not at the time
>big actors
guffaw

Overture

youtube.com/watch?v=NxYzSiGX7lg

Attached: sttmpoverture.jpg (480x360, 4K)

>i think i know how to JUST post
you dont, summerfriend

>the DC cut that has a moving starfield during the overture
FUCK them for rendering all the new CGI in 480p. We will NEVER get a 1080 TMP directors cut.

o_O

Attached: OHNOWTF.jpg (366x380, 36K)

>Holy Bible in the shelf

Does that mesn Christianity still exists in Federation?

Attached: E8195DF2-9354-436F-9119-8A67E9F56CDD.jpg (638x434, 25K)

Almost as if the entire movie is about how they drifted apart and are coming together at the end.

Well considering the Enterprise had a chapel...what do you think?

The presence of a bible on a 300 year old sleeper ship has no bearing on the Federation at large.

Fiction is a great source of inspiration.

Paramount are greedy Jews.

Marriage will always have ceremony to it, the chapel was also bare of anything that made it specifically one religion.

Kirk to Apollo in Who Mourns For Adonis "Mankind has no need for gods. We find the one quite adequate".

>meets actual gods
>still rejects them for the one he can't see or hear

There was also another Jesus apparently on the Bread and Circuses planet. Not even sure how that works with christian dogma

Excuse me, but what does god need with laurel wreath?

Attached: Apollo.jpg (622x708, 262K)

Jives pretty well with Mormonism.

An attempt was made

Muscular male body aesthetics were so sexy from the 40s though the 60s. Loved the episodes where someone got to show off their bodies.

Is there any love for The Animated Series?

Attached: HS1_Big.jpg (860x648, 314K)

Yeah, from morons

No

What's so horrible about it?

TAS bugs me because their faces have no movement other than their mouths. Its one thing to have characters that are ALWAYS animated from the beginning but to look at animated versions of real people with no dynamic movment is just weird

no arguments here

Remember which studio made TAS. Actually animating things requires money, which they didn't have much of.

It's better than the last three live action series.

I was never bored by TAS because the quicker pace had the episodes always end just in time.

The animation industry was in the toilet in the 70s.
Hanna-Barbera and Filmation were both the same copy/paste, stiff, soulless garbage.
Kind of like Calarts today.

It's dull, poorly acted, cheaply animated and not canon.

What does God need with a starship?

Attached: excusemeonefuckingsecond.jpg (540x406, 56K)

>and not canon.
You're supposed to be dead, Gene. "Enterprise" made TAS canon.

Attached: 1553551969686.gif (500x339, 2M)

Then why is Riker freaking out the holodeck when recreation rooms were around a century earlier? Why did Jadzia say that Koloth never faced Kirk in battle when he does so in More Tribbles, More Troubles?

Because during the time those series were made Gene and the people who listened to him were retarded.

IMPOSTER

Attached: GOD OF REPEATING INTEGERS.png (243x180, 106K)

Hello good sirs.

Attached: 031.jpg (800x600, 171K)

But 2, TWOK is one of the best movies ever. Greatest ship to ship combat ever.

Was Apollo on the autism spectrum? 5000 years and in all that time he still wears the same style of clothes and surrounds himself with the same boring architecture.

You are a high test, high iq, patrician who doesn't fall for normie science.

Would you feel better about yourself if he was?

Attached: st-adonais11.jpg (740x555, 40K)

>ywn sit in Apollo's lap

>boring architecture
fuck off

>Ilia

She is the reason bald women are my fetish

After 5000 years anything will be boring.

A Commodore is a type of Captain

Attached: Screenshot - 25_06_2019 , 00_22_35.png (500x110, 9K)

WHY was it not brought up int he film

>I knew your dad Matt, he was a great Commodore
>Kirk I'm not going to let you jeopordize this crew like what happened to my father

anthing would've worked

Thank you for proving me correct.

I'm going to rear admiral you in the ass.

Not everything has to be connected. Decker is the 596th most common last name in the US.

They didn't know how to write a female Bones, so they just made her a bitch. All they had to do was think of her character in TOS and write her a little older, wiser instead they made her cynical, bitter, and a poster child for post wall attractive women

The novelization specifically states he's Commodore Decker's son.

Because when you're rich and have everything, it's the only way to introduce danger back into your life (except for walking through Compton, maybe)

Doesn't make it canon, and it's a stupid part of fanon too.