Danny Boyle has refused to cut Oasis scene despite requests from American distributors

>Danny Boyle has refused to cut Oasis scene despite requests from American distributors

>In "Yesterday", the pivotal moment in which failed thirty-four year old singer-songwriter Jack Malik first discovers that the Beatles never existed starts with a five minute scene about the rock group Oasis. When Jack is about to bomb yet another open mic performance, he decides to bust out a version of Oasis' oft-covered 1995 mega-hit "Wonderwall" - to no avail. Disappointed at the flat response to what is usually a show-saving mass sing-a-long number, Jack walks off stage dejected and blames it on his own lack of talent.

>Post-show, his best friend Ellie mentions she loved the last song and inquires if he had written it himself. An upset Jack assumes she's mocking him and tells her to "piss off" before realizing she was being genuine - she didn't know "Wonderwall". Jack then becomes incredulous: "What do you mean you never heard that before? We all saw Oasis at Reading! Are you mad?". When she proclaims to have never heard of Oasis, Jack plays the choruses to several of their songs on his acoustic guitar to jog her memory - "Don't Look Back in Anger", "Live Forever", "Champagne Supernova", but Ellie is unmoved.

>Jack then races home and does a Google search for "Oasis" which turns up nothing. Incredibly confused, he then searches for the band that Oasis were famously compared to during their rise to fame - The Beatles - only to find that they never existed.

Attached: MV5BMTc2NTI3ODUwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzkzMTE0NzM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,631,1000_AL_.jpg (631x1000, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/prime-ministers-questions/n10974
youtube.com/watch?v=3yQFebRcznA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boat_That_Rocked
instagram.com/oasis/
youtube.com/watch?v=bdT8ixdxPX4
youtube.com/watch?v=6hzrDeceEKc
youtube.com/watch?v=tI-5uv4wryI
youtube.com/watch?v=cmpRLQZkTb8
youtube.com/watch?v=TDe1DqxwJoc
youtube.com/watch?v=FU6yzzESX8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=2YZQDeY5gU8
youtube.com/watch?v=2IbPn5j2YKk
youtube.com/watch?v=1fg3mcwUIc8
berlin-athen.eu/the-manufactured-invention-of-the-beatles-stones-grateful-dead-and-the-birth-of-rock-n-roll-by-the-tavistock-institute-a-jesuit-corporation/
youtube.com/watch?v=G070J29uAvs
quora.com/Where-did-the-term-teenager-originate
youtube.com/watch?v=bO1Q8qkVf6c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>This expositional scene was one of the first big belly laugh moments of the film in early showings. It reportedly aroused riotous laughter from audience members young and old, particularly in England, where Manchester-based Oasis was the biggest musical and cultural phenomenon of the mid-1990s. Here, the Beatles-influenced, Manchester-based band racked up eight #1 hits (though "Wonderwall" would only peak at #2) before their demise in 2009, received years odf tabloid coverage revolving around the exploits and squabbles of Liam and Noel Gallagher, and an ever-growing following of younger fans which now fuels the post-Oasis solo careers of the two brothers.

>However, the sequence had the opposite effect. At it's Tribeca Film Festival screening in New York City, it elicited practically no reaction at all, save for what some reported as "confused murmuring" in audience. Early test screenings in both large and small markets across America, too, found that many participants did not find the scene funny and were confused over its purpose. When queried, the vast majority of these respondents stated they were totally unfamiliar with the song "Wonderwall", much less the band Oasis itself and their other songs included in the sequence. Additionally, multiple responses were unsure whether Oasis and these songs were real or a fictional part of the film's universe.

>Representatives from the film's American distributors, Universal Pictures, were reportedly "incredibly displeased" about this portion of the film, which was derided as "extraneous" and "needlessly challenging" for American audiences. Last minute demands for director Danny Boyle and his team of producers to entirely eliminate and reshoot the scene for the American cut were steadfastly ignored, much to Universal's chagrin. Sources on the inside say that tensions between the creative team and it's financers have only continued to grow and the film's move from a September to June opening was in part due to fears of a stateside flop as "Yesterday" receives mixed reviews.

>A character named Jack Malik
>Played by actor Himesh Patel

Attached: 1490592160390.jpg (473x243, 26K)

This movie looks cringe as fuck desu.

So what's the "message" of this movie? What is the central premise trying to comment on or assert? It certainly doesn't convey anything about the main character, since him remembering the Beatles is pure happenstance, a contrivance. Any other people arbitrarily gifted the same circumstances could do the same.

In addition to this, the premise itself is faulty, because it denies the fact that the Beatles were a product of their time and their songs were products of their talent and skill, not merely inspiration. Jack performing Beatles' hits would make him a run of the mill hipster/underground acoustic musician on the bar circuit.

He's assimilated you fucking cunt.

Also, this movie wouldn't work because so many artists cribbed from the Beatles in the 60s/70s/onward so either the popular music landscape would be radically different without them or their music would be catchy, but nothing groundbreaking in 2019.

American here. The only way I know Oasis is from this SNL sketch. Couldn't name a single song. Brits should learn from the US and account for global distribution when they make movies.

nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/prime-ministers-questions/n10974

Americans are retarded. Stop the presses.

Some bands that are well known in the UK aren't well known in the US, stop the presses.

>couldn’t name wonderwall
bullshit faggot

>Early test screenings in both large and small markets across America, too, found that many participants did not find the scene funny and were confused over its purpose. When queried, the vast majority of these respondents stated they were totally unfamiliar with the song "Wonderwall", much less the band Oasis itself and their other songs included in the sequence. Additionally, multiple responses were unsure whether Oasis and these songs were real or a fictional part of the film's universe.
Did they get a bunch of literal 60 and 70 year olds into these focus groups? You would have to be extremely young or old to not have at least heard of Oasis and "Wonderwall".

>American here. The only way I know Oasis is from this SNL sketch
Did you even live through the 90s man? Or were you just under a rock?

They were definitely popular. "Wonderwall" was and still is fucking huge. "Champagne Supernova" was all over the radio and the "So Sally Can Wait" one was big too. Not to mention all the stuff outside the music: the drama, the fighting brothers, etc.

>They were definitely popular. "Wonderwall" was and still is fucking huge. "Champagne Supernova" was all over the radio and the "So Sally Can Wait" one was big too. Not to mention all the stuff outside the music: the drama, the fighting brothers, etc.
Idk I'm a millenial I just googled Wonderwall and I know that song, but never knew it was Oasis. Sounds like you were a music guy if you can cite all these, I was just an average 5-15 year old in the 90s, never heard of them by name.

>The only way I know Oasis is from this SNL sketch. Couldn't name a single song.
Were you like 40 in 1997? Fuck off dude. If you had said like "Celebrity Deathmatch" or something I could have given you a pass at least. Also didn't they perform on SNL around that time too? How would you know the sketch referencing them but not know they were on the show?

Oasis fucking sucks and so do the beatles

Oasis was very well known in America. Noel still sells out good sized theaters here.

Oasis was a shit band from 25 years ago
They had a few mediocre pop hits and then imploded
Not sure why the brits thought they were any7thing special
Just more run-of-the-mill pop garbage - which comprises 94% of the music industry.

Why would anyone give a shit about Beatles songs if it came out today? Their music is garbage. Being old and something you're supposed to like just because is all that music has going for it

Imagine unironically being this much of a brainlet. Uff da.

I knew just from the premise this movie would be shit, much like that lying movie Gervais shit out. Maybe could be pulled off as a 10 minute sketch, but stretched out as a movie...why? It's a dumb premise. You can't just erase something as groundbreaking, influential and game changing as The Beatles, and make it credible, like everything is the same, but nobody has heard "Hey Jude".

Danny Boyle is a fucking retard. What the fuck happened, he went from Trainspotting and Sunshine and 28 Days to this shit.

>Brown person does crappy imitations of great white men and gets mindless praise from the masses who don't know their own history
Is this movie based and redpilled?

>Representatives from the film's American distributors, Universal Pictures, were reportedly "incredibly displeased" about this portion of the film, which was derided as "extraneous" and "needlessly challenging" for American audiences
big oof

>Sounds like you were a music guy if you can cite all these, I was just an average 5-15 year old in the 90s, never heard of them by name.
Not really, man. I was about as passive of a pop culture absorber/entertainment consumer as you could get. Basically normie tier: radio and MTV. You literally had to have been either an actual baby or living under a rock to have never been exposed to that stuff.

lots of zoomers in this thread. disgusting.

>told my Mom I would go to see this with her
>not really my kind of movie, but I like the Beatles
>reviews are shit
>she only wants to see it because the commercial has ten seconds of Ed Sheeran in it for whom she has a massive hard-on

I can't back out now. It's too late.

Attached: 1502314121206.jpg (648x670, 252K)

>Mediocrity is incredibly forgettable.

No

Never heard of "Oasis" or "Wonderwall," fucking self absorbed fangle toothed brits

I was 9 years old and knew about Oasis. They weren't obscure at all.

i can see lisa kudrow sitting and singing lucy in the sky with diamonds to comedic effect if the beatles hadn't made it a hit

I'm not british but in all honesty if you're american you shouldn't be complaining. Oasis was a worldwide commercial and critical (up to a point) success and you faggots don't know about them. Meanwhile, shit like lil Nas X and Billie Ellish are treated as actual cultural phenomenons.

Librarian/Archivist here,

There is the principle of "Fair-Use". That if a work is commonly enough known, that copyright does not apply" Typically copyright last for 70 years, plus the creator's date of death. However the Google books project and the Hathi Trust have been able to bypass that mostly in digitizing significant works.

This will likely go into a litigation nightmare of arbitrary law, and the party with the most financial weight will likely win. Like most armed conflicts, the party with the most money will likely persist over the other. Also copyright laws differ across the world, and most are not in line with the other.

Love Danny Boyle though, so whatever.

Attached: sunshine.jpg (486x750, 75K)

Alright can someone tell me who oasis and the beatles are? this synopsis doesn't really make sense

>Their music is garbage.
Zoomerfaggot detected. Go listen to some soundcloud mumble rap shit.

Is this fan fiction or something? This no one outside of Britain knows Oasis has been an ongoing thread theme for a few years. Wonderwall is known by everyone in the US over 30, it was a huge hit. Same with Live Forever and Don't Look Back in Anger

oh fuck here comes the hordes of people to loudly proclaim how cool they are for not knowing who those people are

good job retard for chumming the water

You're comparing some obscure band from 20+(?) years ago to celebrities in 2019... The comparison is referencing lil Nas x or Billie Ellish 20 years from now and expecting anyone to care or remember them

this movie sound really, really shitty and aimed at tweenage girls.

SO

SANJAY CAN WAIT

HE KNOWS IT'S TOO LATE AS HE'S WALKING ON BY

HIS POO SLIDES AWAY

are you completely fucking retarded
what does copyright and fair use have to do with this

New music being even worse doesn't mean that older music is automatically good.

Nigger Oasis is well known enough that it's actually uncool to like them. It's 90s cock rock.
Again, how the fuck is Oasis obscure. I was a 9 year old in a third world country and I knew about them.

no one will remember them in 5 years

The main character is awfully miscast.
If he got someone cute, white and English like Harry Styles this movie would probably be incredibly popular with teenage girls.

Nobody wants to see a poo in loo pretend he's the beatles

literally how? I know their stuff mostly faded away after the 90s but champagne supernova still gets played on the radio today and wonderwall literally is a meme because of how overplayed and over-covered it is. it was like the first song before the year 2000 to reach 500 million plays on spotify so obviously even zoomers are still playing it en masse

you just sound like a dumbass

next you people are going to tell me you've never heard of the smashing pumpkins before

Then you just have shit taste.

For me it's Sugar Ray

But don't wipe hard in Anger, I heard u say

i'm not talking about oasis, "nigger"
learn how to follow a conversation

While I agree, the poo adds more realism as it takes place in London.

american here i love all of oasis 90s output and they play supersonic and champagne supernova on the local rock station regularly

Attached: themasterplan.jpg (945x945, 120K)

Since we're all tossing anecdotes around I literally seriously heard Oasis on my car radio yesterday, sandwiched comfortably between Alanis Morrisette and Matchbox 20

Attached: y6-BH1Tr_400x400.jpg (299x299, 18K)

When were you born lad? If you were born anytime before 1991 in America you know who oasis is

Oasis is pure candypop shit on the same level as katy perry and all of their songs meld together and come out sounding the same.

an anecdote just flew over my house

>radio

lmao what

how old are you?

Attached: dery.jpg (1200x1717, 443K)

pic related (from movie's wiki page) is a fucking criminal act and will not be tolerated

Attached: Murder.png (636x50, 15K)

>local classic rock station
ftfy

NEW JERSEY BTFO

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 5.07.30 PM.png (618x74, 30K)

Oasis was fucking huge here in America in the 90s what the fuck were you doing? In a coma?

Are you being serious? It is using another's work without benefit to that other party, either acknowledgement or compensation.

cut the sexy cuban and not the obscure oasis reference?
good work danny

No it's the local "alternative rock" whatever station. They play them between Green Day and Billie Eilish and Foo Fighters

WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THIS MEME
OASIS WAS POPULAR AS FUCK HERE
EVERYONE KNEW ABOUT THE LIAM AND NOEL DRAMA
IS THIS SOME MANDELA EFFECT BULLSHIT
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON

Attached: 1538756942690.png (400x416, 161K)

/thread

Itt burgers show their inept cultural understanding by not knowing who fucking Oasis are

Attached: 7A375DC4-5AB9-4C24-A262-EFD2B438D3D6.jpg (200x219, 10K)

Oh my mistake even though you're a retard who assumed I would claim not to know who those two meme singers are.
I know who both are, it doesn't change the fact that they are just two of the latest "OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG HOW FUCKIN CUHRAZY ARE THESE PPL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" celebrities the retarded media circus in the US decided to latch onto

>needlessly challenging
>we need you to reshoot your movie because the audiences in our country are too fucking stupid and culturally illiterate
Jesus...

How did Trainspotting come across in America back in the Day? Lol.

I'm 27. I don't actively listen to the radio but my work does.

I think this says more about British sense of humor, or lack of...

Great point.

Listen to definitely maybe, and what’s the story morning glory and then say this absurd shit. And I’m not even going to respond to this Beatles bait.

I think you are wildly overestimating how much attention most people pay to inconsequential garbage.

>culturally illiterate
they're a shitty poprock band from 20+ years ago

>itt: underage faggots that don't know media/pop culture that existed before 2008.
Holy fuck go back to snapchat you faggots.
Also:
This seems like a cool "what if" movie. Fuck all the "herr derr the Beatles suck, no one knows Oasis, and it doesn't make any sense" faggots.

I remember their biggest hits but they had no name recognition for me. I'm supposed to know every pop band that gets airplay? Music like theirs was dime a dozen

I'd love to not know about Oasis. Their music was so fucking boring and Wonderwall's ridiculous popularity makes no sense to me

>reviews are shit
In fairness, if you read the negative reviews most of them are just buttmad that the story essentially reduced the Beatles to kitsch mass-appeal pop music instead of treating them like some kind of magical force

See

I have and did.

Reminds me of this one

>Pirate Radio was the true story of a ship that hosted an unlicensed radio station broadcasting rock music off the British coast in the 1960s
>Americans didn't understand the pun/double entendre so the film was renamed "The Boat That Rocked" for the US release

Attached: 5pJEAhBNbg9rLJ5l6cswinn2V5v_1200x1200.jpg (600x900, 67K)

>waaaa why don't you know about my obscure band waaaaaa

Read the OP dumbass. They don't want it cut for copyright reasons, they want it cut because Americans won't clap for it.

People bitched about the accents and the fact that it didn't have subtitles. It was more of an "art film" crowd though.

I feel like this Beatles movie is going after literal boomers whose pop culture knowledge stopped after 1985 or literal NPC zoomers who aren't aware of anything musical before the year 2000 except classic rock like Queen and the Beatles, some random 80s pop hits, Nirvana, and Biggie/Tupac

>Oasis was fucking huge here in America in the 90s
lol no they weren't. not to say they were nobodies but to say they were "huge" is an overstatement

>wonderwall
More like blunderwall
youtube.com/watch?v=3yQFebRcznA

The 90s were thirty years ago boomer

Clearly hasn’t listened to more than two oasis songs, get the fuck out

Attached: EDF43020-8E07-4BAD-A066-DA363C37176A.gif (320x181, 1012K)

The opposite of the truth.

>I'm supposed to know every pop band that gets airplay? Music like theirs was dime a dozen
Not really dude. They were pretty distinctive. It was all the no-name grunge shit that sounded 100% identical that was a dime a dozen

>So what's the "message" of this movie?
No every movie has to have a message, dummy. Not everything is Citizen Kane or a Twilight Zone episode.
It's just a "what if a guy wakes up and the Beatles don't exist and he knows all of their songs?" scenario.
>, because it denies the fact that the Beatles were a product of their time and their songs were products of their talent and skill
Wrong faggot. Music is universal. A great song, is a great song in almost any era. Great classical music is still made on Broadway and in movie soundtracks.

I got your movie review right here

Attached: Based_gremlin_approval.jpg (1078x1158, 143K)

The spin me round mashup is better

oasis fucking sucks. Fuck off

>100 posts

no one has explained what oasis is

>cultural understanding
>of a generic Beatles ripoff band nobody cares about anymore
Brush your teeth Nigel

I don’t believe you

>When queried, the vast majority of these respondents stated they were totally unfamiliar with the song "Wonderwall"
I don't even like Oasis, why did these sentence disgust me so

>the pun/double entendre
What exactly is supposed to be the pun here?

Oasis is the purest pleb filter there is by the way. On the one hand you have the normies that think Ed Sheeran hard rock, on the other hand you have the 'connaisseurs' that prefer Radiohead (or worse) because 'at least they dare to experiment'. Both too brainlet to appreciate.

Then on the third side, let us call that side the circumcised realm, you have regular Americans, who do not get anything.

Shit, I actually did type it backwards.

itt: bongs getting butthurt over the fact that nobody outside of their pakistani colony cares about some shitty local britpop band

Dumb premise.
We all know that things only becomes (((mainstream))) when they have (((support))).
We all know no one would give a fuck about "big" band if they weren't (((endorsed))).

>niggers and jews
The absolute state of the Right

I'm almost certain this "focus group" was literally people who were OG Beatles fans (aka born between 1945 and 1960) otherwise there's no way you couldn't have heard of Wonderwall at the very least. That shit was EVERYWHERE.

Their songs were played on the radio every ten minutes on all stations and they were on mtv every fucking day. I don’t know what you are smoking, you live in a shithole small town in Nebraska?

Only boomers care about the beatles

>the film was renamed "The Boat That Rocked" for the US release
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boat_That_Rocked

Attached: 230114_908223010.jpg (600x524, 35K)

>We all know that things only becomes (((mainstream))) when they have (((support))).
Yeah, the Beatles wouldn't have made it without Jews...
This is your brain on /pol/shit

The saddest thing about 'the Beatles are shit' fags is that they simultaneously have the worst taste but think they have the best taste. It's like someone who has convinced themselves that eating dogshit is a sign of high-level intellectualism.

No retard, you're just eating dogshit.

whos oasis

>MOM MOM COME LOOK I FIT IN NOW

Attached: 1533112327315.jpg (1024x838, 99K)

You have to be 18 to post on this site, zoomer

Objective way to settle it: Here's all the other 20x Platinum albums that sold slightly more or fewer copies than Morning Glory.

How many of these performers have you never heard of?

Attached: bestselling.png (730x563, 31K)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Burger don't even know what a philosopher is

Attached: Harry-Potter-and-the-Sorcerers-Stone-Poster-Wallpapers.jpg (1024x768, 208K)

>Only boomers care about the beatles
Because they're worth caring about. Go listen to mumble rap and "Old Town Road" for the 12,000tth time.

>some obscure band
> As of 2009, Oasis have sold over 75 million records worldwide

Name a relevant musical act today who were influenced by The Beatles.
Now name a relevant musical act today who were influenced by Oasis
Shouldn't be hard to figure out why it's insulting to compare one to the other.

wtf is an album

>/pol/
This is your brain on reddit, fuck off tourist

And people who know anything about music. Let me guess you like Metallica and pantera?

>> As of 2009, Oasis have sold over 75 million records worldwide
But they don't have a soundcloud account and 600k Instagram followers...

It's a great pisstake though, if the movie's premise is the first thing you discover upon awakening in a universe where The Beatles never existed is that Oasis never existed

never heard of ace of base, celine dion, boston, only vaguely know who george michael and whitney houston and the spice girls and backstreet boys and def leppard are, never listened, i've heard like maybe 3 elton john and elvis presley songs

I hate americans so much, bros

>This is your brain on reddit, fuck off tourist
"herr derr the Beatles couldn't make it without jooz!"
Fucking retard.

75 million sold in UK and their shitskin colonies. They're irrelevant in First World Nations

UNACCEPTABLE

Attached: 1556908015194.gif (360x213, 2.12M)

instagram.com/oasis/

>Burger don't even know what a philosopher is

This always cracked me up.

Americans really are fucking stupid...

I don't understand, why was that segment supposed to be funny? Also what is the actual premise of this movie, that The Beatles never existed or that Oasis and The Beatles both didn't exist?
Is there just a swath of music just missing from this universe? That intro sounds confusing as fuck.

Jesus Christ, this is the saddest thing I've ever read.
Stop looking at your phone and listen to some great tunes (well, not Celine Dion)

>never heard of ace of base, celine dion, boston, only vaguely know who george michael and whitney houston

zoomie gonna zoom

Attached: 8480.jpg (639x1366, 113K)

The film's premise makes no sense because the Beatles and their songs created modern music. Everything that came after them couldn't exist without them. Every band that came after them existed because of the Beatles. Every popstar knowingly or unkowningly exists because of the Beatles. Why does Danny Boyle produce nothing but saccharine multi culti shite?

all of them except ace of base and oasis

>never heard of celine dion
How the fuck is that even possible? Where do you live?

>hurrrrrrr muh /pol/ boogeyman hurr durrrrrr
Fuck off tourist redditshit

The joke is that he finds out that the Beatles never existed, via Oasis because they were so heavily influenced by them

Indeed, you prefer having your dose of sambo beats and 56% sluts with misshapen butts.

The one thing I'm happy about with the world getting more and more ghetto oops i mean diverse. Is blacks HATE HATE HATE the beatles and thus their relevance is dwindling away. Most overrated band of all time and it scares me how many normie (white people) think they invented music.

>they're both real tweets

Attached: 1560616386184.gif (300x222, 637K)

>a philosopher
he's the guy cutting my lawn

the beatles suck. being good at "pop music" isn't an achievement. it's means you are king of a pile of shit.

Why the fuck is it called 5 different things.

Jesus man listen to some good music

Houston texas

Why is that funny? If the point of the movie was to have The Beatles not exist anymore why confuse things by removing another band as well?

This and yet the bruce springsteen one looks even cringier

>The film's premise makes no sense because the Beatles and their songs created modern music.
Not really. I love the Beatles, but Elvis probably launched what was "modern" music at the time. There still would have been tons of other great British bands and the Beach Boys.

>Pirate Radio
no idea, the american title is clearly the best

>their songs
>songs
you mean wonderwall? I honestly got them confused with the verve all the time and still do. they're a shit band and they were never massive here, you can repeat that lie as many times as you want but it won't make it true.

Enjoy your Caliphate

>Fuck off tourist redditshit
You're the one bringing up /pol/conspiracies, faggot.

Because Oasis physically couldn't exist without The Beatles, it's the equivalent of shooting your grandpa in Back to the Future

It's just BANTER to rag on Oasis because they're easily the most obvious example of the Beatles' direct influence that people still remember

Whats the story morning glory is a ridiculously good album. Couldnt name one thing they did afterwards and im American too.

Because Oasis have been followed for their entire existence by accusations that they just ripped off the Beatles, both in terms of musical style and their 'look' - Liam Gallagher basically models himself on John Lennon.

So it's a pretty funny take that if the Beatles never existed Oasis couldn't exist either, as they'd have had nothing to rip off.

You could say the same thing about Elvis and would be equally wrong

Not going to tell you what to like but you have shit taste. Don’t ever make music.

see
>blatant ripoff

>Clearly hasn’t listened to more than two oasis
If you've heard one of them you've heard their entire catalog.

This. Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd run circles around the Beatles and its not even close.

>they're a shit band and they were never massive here, you can repeat that lie as many times as you want but it won't make it true.
They weren't "massive" but they did get shilled on the radio and MTV a ton.

And yes they had multiple songs you fucking dunce. More than the Verve did that's for sure.

Elvis was certainly good at stealing music.

You're the one bringing up /pol/, schizoid faggot tourist

Isn't the whole reason the Beatles are famous that they basically rejected pop music and started making more experimental stuff? Like Radiohead but 40 years earlier?

are oasis a popular band or something? I think this joke would have made more sense if they chose a band like taylor swift. people know who she is

enjoy your cultureless cattle ranch, customer

Pirates sailed in boats, the movie is about a pirate radio station that broadcasted music from a boat in the sea

I guess people just don’t know what pirate radio stations are which is kinda fair.

They had an album the following year but it fucking blew chunks. The video for the single was on MTV every hour when it came out. Worst shit I've ever seen in my life.

They were huge in the 90s and Danny Boil isn't a zoomer so he's not making a movie to appease children.

>British """""humor"""""
I guess it makes sense when you remember they consider chasing Mary Poppins for 15 minutes is "humorous"

I’m thinking you are either 70 years old or were born in 2002. Or you grew up in the 90s and didn’t like listening to music.

absolute brainlet with poor knowledge of populair music and shit taste. wew...

Oasis is a one-hit wonder outside of Surveillance Island.
Nobody but you care about them. Get it through your skulls, anglosmells.

Attached: 1542036343019.jpg (782x682, 67K)

>Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd run circles around the Beatles and its not even close.
100% false. The Beatles were masters of every subgenre of rock that they decided to enter (bubble gum, pop, classic rock, psychadelic, melancholy, etc).

no one cares, anywhere

this is just another one of danny boyle's poo in loo worship pieces and borders on fetishism

imagine quitting bond because they wouldn't let you kill of bond and replace him with jameesh bondaloo

t. Mohammed

no if they were huge I would have heard of them

you know michael jackson? now he was huge in the nineties. should have used that guy

I'd rather be challenged watching a flick than be challenged figuring out how to work a toilet.

Attached: india-open-defacation.jpg (1200x749, 390K)

>Beatles
come back when it's Beach Boys

Oasis is literally the Nickelback of British rock

No. They were already insanely famous and #1 band in the world for making saccharine pop shit, and THEN they found weed god and started experimenting and found that this was perfectly in sync with the zeitgeist of hippie movement etc., and it blew people's minds.

>You're the one bringing up /pol/, schizoid faggot tourist
Because you brought up (((( )))))
>tourist
Christ...

You'd have to change the whole premise of the movie then.

Maybe make a sequel where Madonna poofs out of existence and takes Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Gwen Stefani and basically every blonde singing whore in existence with her

Attached: madonna-blond-ambition-tour-1219242036-view-2.jpg (460x615, 31K)

>95.7 Ben FM
>Playing Anything We Feel Like

Weird. There's a radio station here that's called Jack FM, with the tagline "Playing What We Want." I thought it was also 95.7 for a second, but it's actually 96.5, though Googling also found a station in Arizona, I think, that's 95.7 Jack FM, "Playing What We Want."

Attached: 11419213_135726396760803_505253611_n.jpg (480x480, 33K)

>a band full of dudes who write and play their own instruments/songs is the same as a female pop star who has a harem of writers and producers who tell her how and what to sing/autotune

Yeah no user.

Also American. Even if I assume you're a zoomer, how the fuck could you not know of one of the biggest bands of the 90s? A band who was regularly compared to the Beatles during their time and put out massively popular Beatles-esque music videos like this: youtube.com/watch?v=bdT8ixdxPX4

why, are madonna and taylor swift sisters or something?

>HURR THE FUCK IS AN OASIS

Literally it is impossible for you to not have heard at least Wonderwall, but you should be familiar with all three if you are over the age of 18
youtube.com/watch?v=6hzrDeceEKc
youtube.com/watch?v=tI-5uv4wryI
youtube.com/watch?v=cmpRLQZkTb8

Also these were played quite a bit at the time as well:

youtube.com/watch?v=TDe1DqxwJoc
youtube.com/watch?v=FU6yzzESX8Y

Damn, Britain looks like this??

>Amerisharts don't know Oasis
dear god.

Its just millenials in this thread. They only know what the cool hip hop or rap artist that comes out every week.

>now he was huge in the nineties
and all of the the seventies and all of the eighties

If you have listened to their catalogue you would know this isn’t true even if you don’t like their music

I'm not even the original poster you started whining about /pol/ over, I'm just calling you out for being a faggot tourist redditor and also you should kill yourself

>Even if I assume you're a zoomer, how the fuck could you not know of one of the biggest bands of the 90s?
Zoomers are the most braindead generation yet. If it existed before 2007, they don't know about it and don't care. They will "know of" mega hit stuff like Star Wars and NSYNC, but anything below "mega hit" is not on their radar.

They're all affiliates with the same premise, a collection of random 80s/90s white people music

Attached: ben.png (550x750, 60K)

>"needlessly challenging" for American audiences
lmao

hey back in the sixties when beatles were still alive, tv wasn't even a real thing, let alone music videos

by the way I listened to your song and it fucking sucked, here's a good one to get that shit taste out of everyone's ears:

youtube.com/watch?v=2YZQDeY5gU8

Attached: alrtya.jpg (811x901, 243K)

>massively popular Beatles-esque music videos like this: youtube.com/watch?v=bdT8ixdxPX4

This video wasn't that popular desu. In fact I had forgotten it existed until just now. If anything, by this point Oasis were firmly washed up and considered a joke.

>I'm not even the original poster you started whining about /pol/ over, I
Then why are you replying like you are?
>I'm just calling you out for being a faggot tourist redditor and also you should kill yourself
>tourist
>not knowing what (((()))) is
All criticism is self criticism.

Oasis sold more albums that Michael Jackson in the 90s, so hope that helps friend.

lol

>hating shitty nu rap and the beatles

They have good taste

Attached: 1557165837243.png (800x617, 606K)

Pink Floyd was Syd barret kino
Led Zeppelin was a great rock band but was influenced by the Beatles

In America, Oasis is music for douchebag frat boys who only picked up guitar to help them get laid.

bro

I skimmed through all of these and did not recognize a single one

your a fucking idiot

>Literally it is impossible for you to not have heard at least Wonderwall
Not him, but I grew up in the 90s and am listening to Wonderwall for the first time. It's weird, because I know it's their biggest song and all, but somehow I've never heard it despite being a huge fan of another one of their songs ("All Around the World") at the time of its release.

God made a mistake when he created zoomers

I SAID MAYBEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>waaaaa muh /pol/ waaaaaaa ;_;
Fuck off to your safespace faggot tourist redditor, eat shit and die

not everything is about dollars

your dollars doesn't make you shitty band any more memorable. like that movie avatar. made the most money ever, but people don't even remember it.

>world where Tupac never existed

Attached: 8f6.gif (500x361, 987K)

It’s a subversive play on the political nostalgia that animates the populism behind things like Trump and Brexit. Many young western men feel out of place in the 21st century and long for the days when pop culture was dominated by acts like The Beatles instead Cardi B or whoever. If this movie had an Anglo male for its lead it would speak to this phenomenon directly but in a typical subversive movie they cast an Indian instead. The subtext being that brown people are the heirs to “quintessentially British” culture while the ethnic Anglos are the ones who have forgotten The Beatles.

You fuckers are making me feel old and frustrated. And it's got me thinking about my sister who is 20 years younger than me. Some day in the future we're going to talk about music and she won't know why we listen to "that old shit from before 2020" or something. Fuck, why does that thought cause so much dread.

>God made a mistake when he created zoomers
The next/current generation will be even worse. Every 10 year old I see is glued to their phones and has no idea about anything.

Yeah, Liverpool is turning into Shittypool.

Attached: India-toilet1212.jpg (1024x685, 111K)

Uncultured American brainlet

>but somehow I've never heard it despite being a huge fan of another one of their songs ("All Around the World") at the time of its release.
How old were you in 1996 vs 1998?

So basically America is retarded.

>Fuck off to your safespace faggot tourist redditor, eat shit and die
"I'm not the guy you're who wrote the original message I s-swear! And you're the tourist, not me!"

The Beach Boys pet sounds was pure kino, I would agree that album is as good or better than any Beatles album

Top kek

Attached: 1559334916152.jpg (520x514, 60K)

I'm sure you know all about some American band that was popular for a few months ages ago in the states and then totally went away.

The message is "replace white people and their history"

>by the way I listened to your song and it fucking sucked
I really want to tell you to kill yourself, but my seething hatred of your shit taste is evened out by the presence of that sexy Asuka.

I was born in 1988 and I have an awareness of shit that predates me by decades, I wonder why that trait is completely absent in the current generation

Attached: MICROWAVE OVENS.jpg (1862x1048, 127K)

>Fuck, why does that thought cause so much dread.
It shouldn't. I legit than God and Jesus Christ that I was born in the early 80s. I have cousins born in 1990 that don't know shit and are on social media every 3 seconds.

>cries about /pol/
>I-I'm n-not a t-tourist ;_;
Fuck off retard

>1988
I got some bad fucking news, user. You are the current generation.

No, he's making a movie to appease every musical hack that's daydreamed this exact premise but was too stupid to realize immediately that it could never work.
I mean it, every musician ever has daydreamed this fucking premise in some way/shape/form and I guarantee most of them are too mortified to watch this garbage. Poo or no poo. When it flops, Universal or whoever can just blame it on the Oasis joke.
Also, Scrambled Eggs is the worst song Paul ever wrote. I'd rather listen to Obladi Oblada and that song makes me want to neck myself.

>oh wow turns out oasis doesn't exist(whoever that is)
>better google the beatles

what kind of retard logic is that

Attached: 14675545242.png (487x720, 106K)

Get the fuck out with this retarded shit

The guy's a total retard. The movie was retitled Pirate Radio for North America.

>trying to sound like you know anything about either the beach boys or the beatles
OH NO NO NO

12 in '96 and 14 in '98.
he wrote while unironically drinking sugar free Monster

>I was born in 1988 and I have an awareness of shit that predates me by decades
Same. I always (and still do) look to the past for movies, books, tv shows, music, etc. And not just because the current stuff is shit, but because why not appreciate stuff from the past as well?
> I wonder why that trait is completely absent in the current generation
Smartphones. They watch incredibly shitty tiktok and youtube vids and post on snapchat and that's all the entertainment they need.

Obviously not, since I remember life before The Machine, when the endless global pop culture already existed but was propogated through paper books and physical magnetic cassettes handed out between individuals

>injects himself into conversation
>calls me tourist
>doesn't know what ((())) is
It's over. YOU LOSE

that may be while
you just weren't paying attention when Wonderwall was big

>shit taste
>taste
>ears

What makes you think he doesn't? It's not like Pet Sounds > many Beatles albums is a controversial opinion, even Paul McCartney worships that album.

>the darn kids and their phone thingamajiggies

Attached: boomer_shit.jpg (540x400, 72K)

well what songs do wonderwall sing?

Completely and utterly and laughably wrong.

"Fair use" is a legal concept for defense in a copyright lawsuit. It's not a principle, in any way, shape, or form.

>That if a work is commonly enough known, that copyright does not apply
That is what happens to TRADEMARKS, not copyrights. If a term, like 'xerox", becomes so widespread when used by the public, and the trademark holder fails to defend their trademark, then it becomes generic in terms of the ownership, and you can't be sued for using it. Copyright has nothing to do with that, not a single thing.
>Typically copyright last for 70 years, plus the creator's date of death.
Or, in plain english that makes sense, a copyright is valid 70 years after the owner's death.
>However the Google books project and the Hathi Trust have been able to bypass that mostly in digitizing significant works.
A complete and utter mischaracterization of both projects. Both projects house legally obtained materials, with permission from the copyright owners.
>This will likely go into a litigation nightmare of arbitrary law
Word salad, you don't have the slightest clue about how any of this works. But that won't stop you from making bullshit posts like this, posturing that you do, now will it?
> and the party with the most financial weight will likely win. Like most armed conflicts, the party with the most money will likely persist over the other. Also copyright laws differ across the world, and most are not in line with the other.
And this just shows how utterly full of shit you are. Considering you're responding to a post that has NO commentary on trademark, copyright, or any legal issues at all, I have to just think you're either a precocious 12 year old neckbeard.

And, you're not a librarian or archivist, just stop. Someone working in those fields would actually understand the difference between copyright and trademark. Wanna try again? Maybe pick another thread, and not just make shit up, next time?

>projecting this hard
Sperg out about /pol/ some more fucktard tourist redditor, kill yourself

I was born in '94 but same. Even the early internet was great because I could read up on shit without having to go the library.

Meanwhile today, we have access to more information than ever literally in our pockets, yet people are totally ignorant.

I agree with you about the Beach Boys, however, if you have listened to either McCartney or Wilson talk about their recordings, they both know that their best work wouldn't exist without the other group.
Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds after listening to Rubber Soul and the Beatles made Sgt. Pepper after listening to Pet Sounds.
I think Brian had too much talent not to push the boundaries of pop music, but it's hard to say if he would have gone as far as he did without the Beatles.
That said, I think Pet Sounds is a better record in sum than any record the Beatles put out.

>Oasis was fucking huge here in America in the 90s
Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc. were huge.
Oasis were a blip on the radar after MTV tried and failed to shove them down our throats.

so this is the power of boomer humor?

Good, the idea that film has to be homologous to every fucking country on the planet is shit. Let the Brits have their bullshit.

Attached: dissapointed goat.png (482x382, 103K)

'least not today

ITT: buttblasted Bongs and Boomers

>Sperg out about /pol/ some more fucktard tourist redditor, kill yourself
If you knew what (((()))) meant, you would understand. But since you're a newfag, you don't. (that's what we used to say "newfag", this "tourist" is some zoomer shit)

Pet sounds is an amazing album fuck off retard

I was born '92 myself, but my father made sure I listened to a bit of anything and everything from all ages, so I'm the same way. No idea why the current generation is so fixated on whats 'new'. Hopefully he does the same for my sister.

I guess maybe it has to do with how they are raised. I've got cousins who refuse to read if they can get away with it, which seems strange as fuck to me and certainly not something they should be proud of.

>Why don't Americunts like our shit, derivative trash band?
lol, cry more you limey faggots

This Oasis stuff is like if you went to 2030 and got surprised when people there don't know who the Baha Men are

Yeah, well Paul McCartney has crap taste. Can't take his word for anything.

Oasis definitely weren't on that level of huge, but they weren't a blip on the radar at the time.

That must be it. Still, it's strange that I've never encountered the song since then. Now that I've finally heard it I can definitely see its appeal, though it's kind of basic sounding compared to some of their later stuff, don't you think?

>waaaaa leave jews alone waaaa /pol/ waaaaaaaa ;_;
Fuck off faggot tourist goyim redditor, nobody cares what triggers you stupid fucking retard

Not really. It was much better than All Around The World and the other stuff off that album

The gag is that Oasis were a Beatles ripoff. So he wonders what the hell is going on if nobody knows who they are.
>If Oasis doesn't exist, then what happened to the Beatles.
>Oh, my feces...
If the Beatles don't exist, then obviously Oasis doesn't. That is the joke and you have to be well-acquainted with Oasis to get it, which obviously is a stretch for everyone who isn't a bong.
I'd really be more interested in how the musical landscape sounds in an alternate universe where there were no Beatles.
I will be angry though if the poo's versions of the Beatles songs are close reproductions. Beatles songs are actually hard to play correctly, so I can't imagine a fucking street musician being able to rewrite them all from ear.

Attached: 1560821841855.png (941x799, 329K)

They will though, Who Let The Dogs Out is a permanent anachronism that will always be shorthand for its era

I mean fuck, we're 2/3rds of the way between Baha Men and 2030 right now and the memory of how cringe they were hasn't faded.

I wanna say Oasis had one hit album instead of one hit single.

>>waaaaa leave jews alone waaaa /pol/ waaaaaaaa ;_;
When did I say leave jews alone? I said the Beatles didn't need them to succeed. Christ bro, get it together.

The Beatles made sergeant peppers to try and get on pet sounds level you autist

The amount of underage fags in here is astonishing
>"Muh limey britbong"

I'm American. I'm just over 16 is all.

in america, oasis sort of felt like a one-hit wonder that came and went. one of the most overrated bands ever

>beatles songs are hard to play
HE'S A STREET SHITTAH

There's plenty of beatles tracks that students learn. Day Tripper is a beginner's course staple.
youtube.com/watch?v=2IbPn5j2YKk

ITT: I post actual good music

youtube.com/watch?v=1fg3mcwUIc8

>which obviously is a stretch for everyone who isn't a bong.

Not really, the whole Oasis-Beatles comparison was definitely a thing here in the 90s

Love this tune, Be Here Now is underrated.

It's just nuts that it's even a function of age since, say, every 30-year-old in the world has heard of Duran Duran even though their heyday was long over by the time they were born.

The Beatles legit feels like hypno music. I've never liked it. "Gimme Shelter" has MK Ultra-tier lyrics.

berlin-athen.eu/the-manufactured-invention-of-the-beatles-stones-grateful-dead-and-the-birth-of-rock-n-roll-by-the-tavistock-institute-a-jesuit-corporation/

An outstanding example of social conditioning to accept change, even when it is recognized as unwelcome change by the large population group in the sights of Stanford Research Institute, was the “advent” of the BEATLES. The Beatles were brought to the United States as part of a social experiment which would subject large population groups to brainwashing of which they were not even aware.

When Tavistock brought the Beatles to the United States nobody could have imagined the cultural disaster that was to follow in their wake. The Beatles were an integral part of “THE AQUARIAN CONSPIRACY,” a living organism which sprang From “THE CHANGING IMAGES OF MAN,” URH (489)-2150-Policy Research Report No. 4/4/74. Policy Report pre-pared by SRI Center for the study of Social Policy, Director, Professor Willis Harmon.

The phenomenon of the Beatles was not a spontaneous rebellion by youth against the old social system. Instead it was a carefully crafted plot to introduce by a conspiratorial body which could not be identified, a highly destructive and divisive element into a large population group targeted for change against its will. New words and new phrases–prepared by Tavistock(1)– were introduced to America along with the Beatles. Words such as “rock” in relation to music sounds, “teenager,” “cool,” “discovered” and “pop music” were a lexicon of disguised code words signifying the acceptance of drugs and arrived with and accompanied the Beatles wherever they went, to be “discovered” by “teenagers.”

Attached: 1558702661867.png (957x1118, 281K)

Chalk it up to normie taste then, I guess. I just go for the more Beatlesy songs, even among Noel and Liam's solo efforts those are usually my faves.

Fucking 40 year old boomers need to check their age. Your music is not special and immortal. Nobody's is. Pop radio will be judged a decrepit landscape of generic trash music 300 years from now.

>people actually considering Oasis as timeless now

jesus christ we've gone full circle

zoomers are going to be saying the same shit you bongs are now about some nigger rap today in a couple decades

I don't wear as much tinfoil as you but the world did pass some kind of terrible event horizon when it became possible to weaponize and commoditize natural teenage rebellion and there doesn't seem to be any path back

But then again Elvis was likely Patient Zero and the Beatles were just a refinement on that program

Except "rock", "teenager", and "cool" are all American inventions from years before the beatles ever strummed a riff ripped off from someone else.
youtube.com/watch?v=G070J29uAvs

okay bros I have a movie idea

one day, no one remembers the beatles existed, except for me, I remember, and I spend the rest of the movie grinning about beatlesfanboys being btfo because their band is gone

thatsthejoke.png

An asinine burger version of this scenario is if Elvis didn't exist, neither would the Beatles. This movie is for faggots anyways.

Attached: LUNCH HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO A LACK OF HUSTLE.jpg (850x470, 213K)

Right. Plus, I'm not interested in the movie, but the movie is obviously catered to an audience who would know who Oasis is, so why are these clueless people watching it?

>all of these brits butthurt that Americans are too stupid to enjoy England’s latest paki male lusting over muh-white woman fantasy film

Going to the library was great, though.

I remember I had a crush on Bridget Fonda, sort of, and I wanted to see her naked, as you do, which was a trick, before the internet. I looked her up in a movie guide book to get her filmography, then looked up all those movies to see what they were rated / if they seemed like good prospects. Then track down these movies at Blockbusters to rent and watch, hoping that she'll take her clothes off at some point.

These days, you're never more than 10 seconds away from seeing any nude scene. Which is good, I guess, but there was something to be said for the anticipation, spending weeks tracking down movies like Point of No Return and Road to Wellville, and getting so excited when you finally get something really good that you actually start running a fever. I think the sweet spot was when the internet was far enough along to let you know what movies had what scenes, but not able to serve them up instantly, so you still had to track physical copies down.

Attached: download (1).jpg (174x290, 16K)

A more interesting scenario would be if Buddy Holly and company hadn't died in a plane crash then the British Invasion would've never happened.

>Dr Luke

Isn't that the guy Ke$ha said raped her?

Buddy holly was kino

Don't cry about /pol/ like a tourist bitch redditor next time faggot

Take your damned meds and get the fuck back in /pol, schizo.

You were saying?

Attached: paki.jpg (220x326, 124K)

it's a non sequitir

it's like if peaches disappeared from the world so I went to the computer and googled jurassic park to see if it disappeared too.

Incidentally, the word “teenagers” was never used until just before the Beatles arrived on the scene, courtesy of the Tavistock Institute for Human Relations.

As in the case of gang wars, nothing could or would have been accomplished without the cooperation of the media, especially the electronic media and, in particular, the scurrilous Ed Sullivan who had been coached by the conspirators as to the role he was to play. Nobody would have paid much attention to the motley crew from Liverpool and the 12-atonal system of “music” that was to follow had it not been for an overabundance of press exposure. The 12-atonal system consisted of heavy, repetitive sounds, taken from the music of the cult of Dionysus and the Baal priesthood by Adorno and given a “modern” flavor by this special friend of the Queen of England and hence the Committee of 300.

Tavistock and its Stanford Research Center created trigger words which then came into general usage around “rock music” and its fans. Trigger words created a distinct new break-away largely young population group which was persuaded by social engineering and conditioning to believe that the Beatles really were their favorite group. All trigger words devised in the context of “rock music” were designed for mass control of the new targeted group, the youth of America.

The Beatles did a perfect job, or perhaps it would be more correct to say that Tavistock and Stanford did a perfect job, the Beatles merely reacting like trained robots “with a little help from their friends”–code words for using drugs and making it “cool.”

The Beatles became a highly visible “new type”– more Tavistock jargon–and as such it was not long before the group made new styles (fads in clothing, hairstyles and language usage) which upset the older generation, as was intended. This was part of the “fragmentation-maladaptation” process worked out by Willis Harmon and his team of social scientists

Attached: 1558702373682.jpg (1000x1000, 353K)

based schizo poster

Have sex

Without getting into all that Tavistock conspiracy craziness (which I'm familiar with from my years spent in the Paul is Dead community), I've always felt that Simon & Garfunkle's "Ms. Robinson" had overt references to the MK Ultra program:
>We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files
>We'd like to help you learn to help yourself
>Look around you all you see are sympathetic eyes
>Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home
>Hide it in the hiding place where no one ever goes
>Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes
>It's a little secret just the Robinson's affair
>Most of all you've got to hide it from the kids
It's not a stretch to interpret this as talking about drug use under surveillance.

Hollywood sucks too, faggot, lol

no it's not because Oasis was famously derivative of the beatles

jesus christ. maybe the fucking film people are right. americans are too fucking stupid to understand things,

So you're a hypocrite and a retarded burger then. Got it.

Ho-lee shit. Take your meds dude.

just because you keep saying that doesn't make it true

Oh God, you mean the one with the Indian dude who's parents get mad because he likes white boy music? I saw that trailer in the theater and couldn't believe it was an actual movie.

No American born after 1998 is remotely intelligent. All they know is mumble rap, hit Juul vape, TikTok, and memes

americans know about oasis

now this guy is another story, completely unknown outside of europe

Attached: 439314_v9_bb.jpg (1080x1440, 211K)

Not exactly: quora.com/Where-did-the-term-teenager-originate

Attached: main-qimg-8c170faea38678514c10b8004ae8a5e9.png (227x636, 253K)

>12-atonal system of “music”
There's no such thing, you pathetic schizo troll. Just cutting and pasting the ravings of lunatics doesn't make you right.

American here. Is that Robbie Williams?

>just because you keep saying that doesn't make it true
That they were derivative of the Beatles? I mean I guess that's up for interpretation but that was the popular perception of them

Europe is a shitty band too.

Robbie Williams?

>any of that
>good music

So if Oasis never existed, then neither Blur... Nor XTC, U2, ELO, Black Sabbath, King Crimson... Actually, not even the Rolling Stones, so where do you go from there? Is all the music heard on that universe some kind of vocal jazz?

MEMORY HOLE'D

As usual, Americans confirmed for shit taste.

>now this guy is another story, completely unknown outside of europe
Not entirely. I remember him being shilled in like 1999 with "Angels" and "Millennium". But those songs tanked and nobody really liked him much.

What's scary is that Yea Forums is largely in part to blame for that. Meme bullshittery as a subculture was spread like AIDS by this site.

>popular perception
>famously derivative

nah, it's niche fantheory bullshit. May as well try claiming the star wars prequels were good movies just because reddit thinks so.

>shartmeriflabs are confused
o bu hu

Can't wait for the George Michael biopic.
Every fag musician is getting one now, right?

You picked the most factual part of his schizo rant to call out as fake lmao

Attached: nose.png (226x326, 64K)

I used to get him and Craig David and Daniel Bedinfield all confused

Basically all those flash in the pan British pop singers sounded the same to me

I said Hollywood sucks already. You’re the butthurt Brit faggot whining about Americans not taking you’re paki male fantasy that includes a washed up two hit wonder seriously. Kys

>doesn't know The Beatles were managed by a rich fag jew

Was James Brown a fag?

Dude, both brothers masturbate furiously to Paul McCartney and John Lennon in every interview they've ever done. The "All Around the World" music video posted earlier in the thread is full of obvious references to "All You Need is Love", "Hey Jude" and "The Yellow Submarine." Oasis would not exist had it not been for The Beatles.

What are you talking about you retard? It's not niche at all. nor is it fantheory. In fact most Oasis fans will tell you otherwise.

You're a jerkoff, my dude

Attached: oab.png (1306x824, 371K)

>managed by a rich fag jew

What band wasn't/isn't?

Radiohead is literally hipsters first deep band. And most of their music is them saying LOOK HOW DEEP WE ARE

who's paul mcartney

The film people are right judging from the people in this thread.

I heard he kept all his money in a big brown bag inside a zoo.

>think Ed Sheeran hard rock

Are you shitting me? Who the fuck thinks that?

>The 12-atonal system

You're embarrassing yourself.

Will SOMEONE please TELL ME WHO THE BEATLES ARE

>12-tone
>12-atonal
nigger

They're insects you dolt.

Not shocked in the least. I work with a younger dude who always wears a pink floyd shirt and says its his favorite band of all time. I asked what his favorite song from the wall was and he responded "whats the wall?"

Beetles who play rock music

A cover band of The Crickets.

The Beatles didn't make serial music, dummy. It's called 12-tone temperament and used by all Western pop music.

New Jersey is way more famous than oasis though

Oh no. No no no no. I cringed so hard reading this. Let me guess, a Dark Side of the Moon shirt?

I'd rather see a deep-lore movie about the evil twin Faul McCartney.

Why are zoomers like this? Surely he knew Another Brick in the Wall.

brit music is garbage

t. burger

>music is garbage
fixed

USA is all the same shit
anglophone popular music forever destroyed music

Is this going to turn into a Paul is Dead thread? Because I'm not 100% sold on that idea, but I do wonder if "Paul" isn't really Paul:

youtube.com/watch?v=bO1Q8qkVf6c

That's Olivia Harrison supposedly calling him "Billy" (the name commonly ascribed to Paul's replacement in PID lore).

As a musician who has played with many other musicians. Zeppelin and Floyd instrumentally and musically are ten times the band the beatles ever were and again would run circles around them. But to you its about whos more popular. Music is more than a popularity contest but hey at least you can be pic related like everyone else who thinks the beatles are some genius literal creators of music.

Attached: 1540935233987.png (204x248, 4K)

>was at the grocery store a few weeks ago
>at the register, cashier checking me out is a cute college aged girl, couldn't have been more than 19
>has pick related tattooed on her forearm, exactly as you see it, same font, with no other text or pictures near it
>start talking about random stuff like the weather etc
>as I'm paying I mention that I love that album but I think Siamese Dream is Smashing Pumpkins' best work
>she gives me a bewildered look and says "What's Smashing Pumpkins?"

I don't understand young people today at all.

Attached: The_Smashing_Pumpkins,_Mellon_Collie_and_the_Infinite_Sadness_(Logo)[1].png (1000x629, 59K)

oh god this is even cringier than the last guy's story

How can anyone be that dumb?