Redpill me on Evangelion

So apparently Netflix fucked with the subs? Where some faggots didn't confess his love to his gayhomo bottom?

In the midst of faggot pride nontheless.

Since it has mechas in it, is it worth watching?
How much homofaggotry is in it?

Attached: evangaylion.gif (500x341, 973K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YNKCZFNAED0&t=18s
youtube.com/watch?v=6hnykllib9M
youtube.com/watch?v=s4B-ky5PxAw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megumi_Ogata
youtube.com/watch?v=hZZ0MJgxjsM
youtube.com/watch?v=CnF5TYbqSew
mobile.twitter.com/fooly_cooly/status/1142730726607114240/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literally just go to Yea Forums

credits theme was changed. Also, the song that's a reprise of the credits theme was removed from the scene.

Nobody:

Not a single soul:

Absolutely no one:

user: lItErAlLy jUsT gO tO Yea Forums

>How much homofaggotry is in it
Not a lot
>since it has mechas in it, is it worth watching
If you’re expecting a straightforward conventional mecha show, leave.
Also, how the fuck are you on Yea Forums, let alone Yea Forums, yet haven’t watched Eva? What the fuck?

Shinji's new VA is a tranny

This is the most closeted post I've ever seen.

Attached: Screenshot_2019_06_11_23.02.16.jpg (510x922, 145K)

Funny thing is their is a scene with the reprise still in the scene with Kaji and Misato at the vending machines

Never mind, go back to redd*t

>Nobody:

>Not a single soul:

>Absolutely no one:

Why'd people start doing this here?

Irony

I'm not normally one to kvetch about this, but God, this post is a nexus of Reddit memery.

you:
>posts thread about anime on the films and TV board
most other people with common sense on Yea Forums:
>posts thread about anime on the anime board

Fucking faggot ledditer

The mecha action isn't great, the symbolism is absurd, the story is just a metaphor for teen angst, and it's pretty fucking ugly too. Eva is the most overrated series of all time.

Based redditor

>people

Its one autist.

Uh, this is an anime website bud

I'm actually quite liking the modded script and new voice acting. Gendo is great and the acting is a lot less amateur. It's like a re-imagining almost.

Please kill yourself

Dead meme

>The mecha action isn't great
Practically every third or so mecha scene is considered iconic

Attached: loljk he's fine.webm (640x436, 2.11M)

It's decent from what I remember. If you are going to watch it be sure to watch End of Evangelion movie afterwards.

Set yourself on fire, you mong.

First time watching it. Bretty gud

Please don’t watch the new dub or sub. Search for the Platinum version online. Not hearing fly me to the moon as the ED is fucking criminal.

The problem with classics is that when the new generation get's to see the originator, they have already seen it tenfold in another context (plus added hiphop) so it's probably not as much of a wow factor to them - it's how you tell people with shit taste apart from others with the ability to recognise significance.

>Search for the Platinum version online
why would you do that when the blu-ray version is out there now?

Can this fucking format die already?

Not hearing Spike Spencer is worth Fly Me to the Moon 2bee honest

The new dub and sub are awful. The dub voice actors they hired are new to the industry (it shows), don't fit the characters, and they can't act or emote with their voices. Shinji also has a LISP now when talking for whatever reason. The new sub mistranslates a ton of terms and other things. Stick to the old versions of both. It's not perfect, but far better than the Netflix abomination.

You are a fucking idiot.

Ah I see, what you mean by "search for the Platinum version online" and what I mean by "don't do that, search for the blu-ray version online" don't entirely correlate.

The "online" blu-ray version I'm suggesting *wink wink* wouldn't involve any new dubs or subs *wink wink* or transaction of money for that matter *wink wink*

>dub

Attached: 1559262217539.jpg (400x386, 37K)

Summer

>not watching in japanese

Based Facebook poster

There’s only homofaggotry if you want to view it like that. And it’s not for very long. Basically the only character to cater to Shinji’s feelings is this dude that comes along and fangirls read that as him being a faggot.

I am honestly not sure you'd call this a series, in the sense that it does have a main character who goes through three or four different girls during an episode. It has a girl named Yukari Tsurumi, a girl with giant breasts, a girl named Yukino, a girl who appears to be the sister of Yukino, and also a girl who seems to have the same power and skill as Yukari. They go around and get things done because there's a need; and then have a girl who doesn't need anything done get stuff done; and then the person whose work is most important and who needs work gets to have a girl do other things; and then, in the end, they have their big reveal of their love interest.

tst

Konno-kun is also very serious for his scenes. In contrast, the majority of his shows that do follow a typical school schedule are either comedy or slice of life-type comedies/scoops with a plot line. In that case, there are a lot of problems in pacing. When you're writing something that requires lots of plot with lots of characters to interact with, that's a tough thing to keep going for a while even with a light light show.

However, I love how the show uses its characters to move you through its characters' everyday lives and emotions, and I think that kind of focus in the writing and animation is what makes Itomori Girls interesting. There's a kind of lightness in the production, in the overall animation, but you really can't do much with it without some of that kind of visual appeal or atmosphere, and it does it well. Also, they don't rely on the usual tropes in the comedy genre, like "pushing a button" or "a man with two eyes looks down on the girl next to him". This show instead doesn't focus on making you think things like "what does she want?" because it doesn't want you to come to that conclusion from the opening sequence at all.

I used to be a dirty dub shitter until I rewatched with Subs and saw the light

Am I the only person who thought it wasn't the dialogue from Kaworu that ever seemed gay (hence changing it doesn't do anything) but the fact Shinji is blushing and stutters when Kaworu starts talking? It's also his reaction to them being naked, the hand and 'are we sleeping in the same room' part that seems hella gay. How do people walk away from this thinking the alien is the fag?

Attached: 1561323447454s.jpg (243x234, 8K)

I already forgot but I THINK I saw in PTBR subs that Kaworu says that he loves Shinji instead of likes him meanwhile with the eng dub he says Likes which weirded me out.

No reason to listen to the dub when subs exist in the first place

Only time subs is worth it is live action.

just kys you zoomer poltard baiting seether cope harder faggot

I fucking hate zoomers and plebs, bros. Not as bad as I hate jannies but I still hate them.

Just watch the old dub/sub. It's a very good show. Not much homofaggotry at all, a lot of straight fanservice in the first half actually. The homo only comes near the end in one episode when everyone including Shinji have started to go insane and shit has started getting really wild.

Is Evangelion a deconstruction of autism? Before the term autism was rife in popular culture?

Just watch Sephirotic's BD release instead.

more like depression

I honestly do not understand who this is for.

People who watch the old dub when they were kids will just hate it because it's different.

Weebs and adults will just watch the sub.

It’s not an action show if that’s what you’re asking. The action isn’t carthatic. There’s nothing thrilling about it. The action is often brief, one-sided, and intitially depicted as traumatizing to the kids piloting the mech suits. They’re often times bound to a chord. It’s more of a response to the mecha genre, rethinking the genre. Kinda like Twin Peaks with soap operas.

You should watch Gundam like real men do.

Attached: 1436525599894.jpg (720x821, 58K)

It’s literally just about a kid growing up and accepting that life is unfair and he needs to take on responsibility in order to feel like he has meaning.

>The action isn’t carthatic.
lol someone hasn't seen it

>Be german
>Already have a godtier German dub for NGE
>Translations are also good
>Everything is great
>Autismflix from Burgerland appears
>EVERY COUNTRY HAS TO CHANGE THEIR DUBS GOYM
>Can't bother to get the older voice actors back who still dud the rebuild films
>Germany gets one of the worst dubs for NGE
>Rei suddenly gets called Rai
>Shinji sometimes gets called Shinjiken
>Gendo and Misato sound like cancer
Please. Please someone drop a nuke on Burgerland. I beg of you.

Attached: 63D193C6-3383-4BD0-BE66-223249C59642.jpg (1080x574, 406K)

no shinji isn’t a sperg

I just tried watching this for the first time and after four eps all I got out of it was a garbage story that takes too long to go anywhere but is clearly about teenaged depression/possible autism, and fairly well animated robot fights. Dropped.

All I’ve ever heard are glowing reviews. I am disappoint.

What did they mean by this?

Attached: eoe.png (1079x605, 1.15M)

the scene has three meanings:

>the literal
shinji is past his breaking point and has literally no one to turn to. he just killed kaworu, rei is dead, and misato can't sympathize with shinji killing kaworu because of her own anger against the angels. as a result he turns to asuka in his desperation, who he begs to help him because he has no direction and no idea what to do in his state. and in that lack of direction the only thing he has to fall back on are his most basal physical urges. the scene is confirming shinji's sexual attraction to asuka, showing that he does indeed desire her despite his inability to express such feelings outwardly, and shinji acknowledging himself treating asuka as just an object for sexual relief is terrible.

>the figurative
both shinji and asuka like one another and find each other sexually attractive, but their respective mental hangups makes it impossible for either of them to acknowledge it or approach the other in a manner that would actually be conducive of a functional sexual or romantic relationship. shinji's main hangup is his fear of rejection, and asuka's abrasive personality to shinji reads as an overt preemptive rejection of him. as such, he makes no attempt to approach asuka in a way that would actually get what he wants from her, that being sexual release and emotional connection (and this fact is later blatantly called out by rei in instrumentality towards shinji). this scene is a metaphor for that, in that the only time shinji can actually be completely forthright with asuka about his true feelings towards her is when she is literally incapable of rejecting him.

>the metatextual
this scene this is the director anno's criticism of otaku-ism and the fetishization of anime characters. it essentially points a finger at waifufags, telling them they are treating female anime characters not as fleshed out characters or real people, but rather nothing more that escapist fantasy fapbait.

Attached: 1516717200191.jpg (1024x768, 54K)

But the line in one of the earlier epsiodes "He just does what he's told to do" is autisim personified. And after all, autisimos get depressed to.

>Implying the scenes where Ramiel, Arael and Tabris get the big human dick aren't pure kino.

Ideon, Ultra Seven, Devilman, Mazinger Z and other things mixed together with crazy waifus and christian symbolism

>shinji acknowledging himself treating asuka as just an object for sexual relief is terrible.
she is a cunt who can only redeem herself by self-sacrifice. let's think of the typical woman here by extension. they would never, ever self-sacrifice, and that moment is the only one where asuka gets close to denying her female nature and get closer to being an actual human. shinji treating her like a piece of meat to satisfy his urges is the SINGLE GOOD THING SHINJI DOES IN THE ENTIRE SERIES. it's literally the one moment where he's a man. how in the fuck can you shine a negative light on that? he's only a pussy because he thinks it's fucked up and not, "fuck you, you cucking, evil whore, swallow my jism in your shitty coma." i fucking hate my wife

>If you’re expecting a straightforward conventional mecha show, leave.
I'm six episodes in, when does it get complicated?

About episode 9 or 10

I'm talking about Netflix changing the translation, although with Shinji's new VA I can see how the use of "they" can be confusing

Alright. Thanks, m8.

unit 01 is shinji's mom

In the end the Evangelion was the friends we made along the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=YNKCZFNAED0&t=18s

this scene is brutal

wat

Context is key for this show. Think of the anime and cartoons on tv in murrica when this show aired. None of the other shows in the same time slot dealt with psychology, philosophy and existentialism. I watched the show as an adult, so I thought it was just pretty good, but I can fully understand how the show would leave such a large impact (hehe) on people who watched it as teenagers.

it starts off really slow

its mostly memorable for the ending and how crazy shit gets

>Also, how the fuck are you on Yea Forums, let alone Yea Forums, yet haven’t watched Eva? What the fuck?
i'm actually too autistic for anime. any television series actually. it all feels too slow and i end up hitting foward 10 seconds to get through to the meat of shit

so, again, why haven't you done that with eva yet you extra retarded, excuse making, dumb motherfucker.

is the movie on netflix too?

youtube.com/watch?v=6hnykllib9M

Attached: 1561244838380.jpg (550x750, 85K)

Yeah, but they removed the cuss words

because anime is trash

Evangelion is a trash anime with low tier girls and a loser protagonist.
Anyone who enjoys it might as well go and jump off a bridge.

>Is on Yea Forums
>Never watched Eva
This website was literally founded to argue over asuke and Rei.

the redub is the lowest of the low

Twitter

THIS HAND OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWER

I never seen this anime, and I don’t want to because I will seem like a poser

>Implying there's any argument

Attached: usuka.png (456x570, 55K)

Probably because he is the initiator of the relationship, the one who grabbed Shinji's hand and mentioned love/affection in any way in the first place. He's also generally soft-spoken, gentle, airy, feminine, etc. And clearly focused on Shinji. Meanwhile Shinji is mostly just startled/embarrassed/flattered by the attention, reacting to statements or moves Kaworu makes. To the extent that people might also read him as 'gay' it's primarily for not overtly, angrily rejecting Kaworu's attention.
I'm not making any argument that he is 'gay' (a concave brain reading of the character and situation either way desu), just offering a few reasons why others might instinctively read him that way.

Attached: giphy (5).gif (500x213, 2.19M)

Watch the Rebuild movies, I suppose. They're different and distinct from the show but they're attractive, exciting, comparatively short, and you'll at least get some taste of the Evangelion story.

Def one of my fave anime of all time. I don't even like EoE at all. TV ending isn't really confusing, neither for the film.

I prefer FLCL anyway. Superior GAINAX by far.

If you're the type of person to argue about the subtleties of dub dialogue, you're already too smart to watch dubs

Do you Germans ever use "-chen" for "-chan"?

Is the version on Netflix the directors cut?

>
I think they are just a dubfag that doesn’t realize the BD torment is Japanese with subtitle
>*asterisk*
Faggot

What’s the point of watching it without >I’m so fucked up
?

I'm new to the series and was absolutely loving it up until a few episodes prior to Angel boy's appearance. I disliked the overuse of visual repetition to convey their mental states at this stage in the game. Or Shinji just holding angel boy in his hands for fucking ever before squishing him. Otherwise it's a wonderful show with some very beautifully directed scenes. I understand the hype.

They fell back on repetition, narrated still shots, long exposition, and reused animation because they didn't have enough money towards the end to animate what they wanted.
Anno's brain got all fucked up too.

Attached: 1495908845796.png (728x522, 277K)

I just wanna know if the new dub has the cicadas

you are not autistic user, just painfully retarded.

I’m 2 episodes in and I already want to fuck Misato and Ritsuko. Is this normal?

as god intended it boy

I'm 25. End of EVA fucked me up after 2 years of an abusive relationship. It sounds stupid but it is a very good break up movie. Motivational arthouse.

The new dub feels so fucking lifeless and I can't pinpoint exactly why.

Attached: 41206347_p0.png (1000x4000, 2.5M)

I really didn't like the ending of the show and found a lot of the flashing strobe light scenes annoying as hell. Original ending was garbage and the end felt like they jumped the shark somewhere or I just wasn't paying close enough attention to the whole thing.

How hard is she seething right now?
someone else is voiced her waifu

Attached: tiffany_grant.jpg (276x248, 13K)

Red Pill?
More like Red Head Pill.

Attached: asuka lcl 1551999812510.jpg (716x1300, 122K)

>>Rei suddenly gets called Rai
ZOMG?!1! Is Netflix run by actual peabrains?

Attached: michael jackson - liberian girl ray of light.jpg (537x363, 34K)

Yeah. No argument as to what Asukafags should do.

Attached: asuka knows who worst gitl is 2_42 1556444819204.jpg (1045x1503, 511K)

>dub literally cuts in Jap Shinji's screams in the EoE because the tranny's were presumably too fucking weak and pathetic
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1490586206231.png (377x441, 223K)

it's shit
EoE is NOT shit
rebuilds are shit

t. editor in chief at truefacts.com, 100% true facts only

A tranny voices Shinji in the dub? Fitting but fucked up.

If you don't understand that line, then you're autistic. Most people end up doing what they're told to do, humans are social creatures and a lot of them have low willpower thanks to our exhausting business culture. Circumstance creates careers more than dreams and drive do. Shinji does something he doesn't like for approval just like so many others before him. You just assume his autistic because he's awkward. That's just puberty, not autism.

Yes. You can say a lot about Spike's version of Shinji, but at least he knows he's a fucking man.

Last episode was garbage and trying to be 2deep4u

I think you mean fitting but the lowest of the low.

Attached: shinji mad tea1364885264073.png (400x400, 76K)

t. brainlet

all the characters sound plainer
misato especially sounds meh
the tranny janny voicing shinji is fucking awful, the womanly intonations it uses when he gets in the hot spring or reads misato's photo/card makes me want to puke. OG shinji was voiced by a woman but she generally sounded boyish

in spite of what i said i would find the new dub tolerable without the tranny

Which ones don’t have whiny leads and shit characters like Nina Purpleton?

Attached: 9EFD9827-3346-474F-BE4F-4310DC0B87FD.jpg (210x240, 9K)

>netflix

It's not netflix, its the japanese that demanded a strict direct translation. This is why they now refer to shinji as "the children" instead of the third child. The ADR directors has talked about how they always have to fight the japanese on this type of awkward phrasing but I guess Netflix didn't bother to argue with them.

Attached: 1505912683719.jpg (200x332, 50K)

Fry me to za moon...

I think I finally understand the difference between localization and translating. The new dub is closer to the Japanese script. But it sounds unnatural as fuck. That line is a prime example, it lacks the punch of "I'm so fucked up".

I was wondering, are the episodes 20 to 24 on Netflix the directors cut or do they have the originals?

>Mech gets torn apart
>Never actually see Asuka's body
Not really that brutal

The very end, when it becomes a psych 101 class

Escaflowne > Eva

NOOOOO MY LICENSING FEES

Completely impotent because her husband is president of a nonexistent dub company.
Fuck her.

Not Yea Forums, fuck off idiot.

Many people on Yea Forums are underaged.

Loved Shinji hesitating with Kaworu, mostly because I love that frame of Unit 01 holding him in its hand. The moment feels iconic to me.

Attached: final_messenger.png (350x267, 166K)

>If you’re expecting a straightforward conventional mecha show, leave.
That's exactly what it is you moron. It wasn't even close to the first mecha to explore the idea of a young pilot struggling with mental issues.

You evamorons are beyond retarded and don't know anything about the medium's history.

>Loved Shinji hesitating with Kaworu, mostly because I love that frame of Unit 01 holding him in its hand. The moment feels iconic to me.
>"i loved that moment the animators ran out of time and money, so they had to hold a single frame for 2 minutes. see how smart i am guys?"

Attached: 1519014658378.png (732x772, 34K)

Interesting analysis. Do you think eps. 25 and 26 of the show are connected with the movie EoE? Because the end of the show make a really good point on why Shinji rejected instrumentality, while on EoE he just goes ''this feels weird lol can we go back?'' while having solved NONE of his relationship issues (like in the show). This is the main reason I can't connect with the movie...

Attached: fuck2krvll431.png (1800x2504, 2.09M)

No budget Evangelion is why anyone remembers it

>NEEDS MORE EXPLOSIONS LOL

If that was a costcutting measure they would have done it using any of the other techniques they had used throughout those last episodes. Collages, panning shots, reusing animation. They wouldn't do something so completely obvious for an important scene just to cut corners. It is also the third time they used this exact thing(1+ minute still shot) and the first time was in episode 4 where they had absolutely no time or money issues. Cost cutting might have been a factor in deciding to do it this way but definitely not an important one

Dude, Kaworu asked Shinji if he wanted to sleep with him. How much less ambiguous can you get? Do you need to see a cock actually penetrate his asshole before you'll realise he's gay?

Way to go idiot, you just proved you knew nothing. The staff themselves have talked about this in multiple occasions, including in the art of studio Gainax. That scene, and the part in the elevator, were because they literally ran out of money. Swallow your pride and face reality: you were moved by a scene that came as a direct result of poor fund management. Good job retard.

Source on those claims?

Not him, but limitations can actually boost creativity. Just because there were bugdet restrictions it doesn't mean it also can't have artistic merit.

You were given the source, moron. Go read the Art of Studio Gainax.

Plenty of other information that exposes you evamorons.

Attached: evaquote.jpg (1281x720, 432K)

HOLD UP.

Se in EoE we see that the bridge staff of Nerv actually knew about the Instrumentality masterplan and were working for it? So Misato was THE ONLY high staff member kept in the dark?

Attached: shinji rei.jpg (750x1000, 178K)

Soul vs. Soulless
youtube.com/watch?v=s4B-ky5PxAw

You are posting something completely unrelated to the scenes in question

>So apparently Netflix fucked with the subs? Where some faggots didn't confess his love to his gayhomo bottom?

Netflix is OK with the subs. he say: "suki" wich is an ambigous form of afection, but is not "I love you", that would be "koi ishiteru" or "ai ishiteru".
The original translators was wrong. The whole idea of that scene was to be ambiguous.

So in your head, budget determines what you consider to be impactful? That opinion is as pathetic as it is revolting, get the absolute fuck off this board.

this, it's just fujoshits and other tumblrites pushing this

Someone answer this reeee

>unrelated
Read it, retard.

You are so stupid it's funny. I'm staying right here btw.

>it essentially points a finger at waifufags, telling them they are treating female anime characters not as fleshed out characters or real people, but rather nothing more that escapist fantasy fapbait
Them's fighting words!

Attached: pol k trump waifu pillow 1506825239127.jpg (512x512, 47K)

I've made a point of not watching it, also I only recently got into mecha, and I'm starting with the original Gundam
I also couldn't get past the first 3 episodes of TTGL even though I love Panty and Stocking

Yeah, in the original draft for 24 Shinji was straight up ready to fuck after they swam around naked but Kowaru was like "bro, when I said I love you I didn't mean it like that"

youre just retarded, divine beings dont have gender

Why would you watch it in english?

Shinji acts like a girl in love around him, but Kaworu never blushes in turn at him and is revealed to be an angel
The only one acting gay in that episode was shinji

did a tranny really dub shinji ?

Attached: 1553949132233.jpg (640x640, 66K)

Yeah
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megumi_Ogata

THIS. either that or some abyssmal attention span

> Be Gendo.
> Spend years if not decades slowly consolidating power away from the jews.
> Spontaneously grow a heart and surround your son with red head german tsundere waifu and a clone of his hot as balls mom.
> Kid throws a bitch fit every five seconds and refuses to do anything.
> Dooms the whole fucking world.

youtube.com/watch?v=hZZ0MJgxjsM
>I mustn't run away
>I mustn't run away
>I mustn't run away
>I mustn't run away
>I mustn't run away

Attached: Jim-Levenstein-American-Pie.jpg (1024x822, 106K)

Iron Blooded Orphans
Thunderbolt
The Origin
Turn A (best preceeded by a lot of other shit though)
Zeta/ZZ
Maybe 00.

youtube.com/watch?v=CnF5TYbqSew

Theatre scene will always be kino.

>The mecha action isn't great

You are fully smoking

Attached: Bruh.gif (500x283, 726K)

Attached: 65656.jpg (522x477, 61K)

Attached: Chzbu-IUUAQMWKE.jpg (600x568, 75K)

FRYYYYYYY METOOZAMOON

Yea Forums laughed at me and told me to go to Yea Forums while posting smug anime girls

No they didn’t retard Yea Forums is like 10% Eva threads rn

Why the homophobia?

Attached: 1559433651324.png (1100x737, 675K)

There's nothing wrong with the new sub. They legally had to re-translate it. Some weebs are just buttmad because their favorite lines aren't exactly the same. THAT'S IT.

based

Have sex

Did they at least call them angels? I remember 15 year olds with geocities pages would debate the use of of angel vs alien and not realizing they were supposed to be one in the same, because they wouldn't know religious esoterica if it jumped up and bit them in the ass.

I implore you to rewatch escaflowne, it’s fucking trash

>Did they at least call them angels?
of course

>people unironically defending the old dub.

Jesus Christ Yea Forums, have some dignity. Sub>new dub>old dub

Both the new voice actors are terrible.

Eva is the quintessential anti-anime, though

Attached: Evangelion - The anti-anime.png (1226x1550, 165K)

Redpill

Attached: Stop watching anime.webm (774x420, 2.9M)

Attached: Ds_U1GTXcAAGlX8.jpg (596x306, 38K)

great post

4.0 should recreate the theatre shot, except with Anno giving a middle finger to the audience.

You can't really blame waifufags when the girls are THAT kaiwaii

Sneed's Genesis & Evangelion (Formerly Chuck's)

Attached: sneedvangelion.jpg (1000x1000, 662K)

>Imagine floating in a sea of LCL
>gangbangs 24/7

Fuck shinji

Eva never portends to be a Christian exegesis though moran

Evangelion is an old cartoon from Japan which socially and intellectually stunted people use to assure themselves that they are smart.

I'm not sure they were wrong exactly, it was an opinion of how best to translate it. Translators have to make all sorts of choices like that and they don't always work in such a way that'll please everyone like Ghost Hunt could.

Imagine being to stupid for Evangelion, finish high school

An ret me pray amunga stars

No, they made the subs a more literal translation where the old sub had made the dialogue way more homoerotic than how the actually pretty ambiguous original dialogue was. This means that the tumblrinas are now rioting because they were "robbed" of something that was never even there.

Why have reddit tourists co opted these onions boy images?

The point of Shinji's character is that he's never had anyone show him genuine affection and he's fucking desperate for anyone to care about him. He's way more complex than the shipperfags give him credit for and reducing his confusion and longing for companionship just to "lol he gay" is an insult.

>it's better if we make it like typical fujobait yaoi where you don't know for sure!

Attached: evangelion translator gay.png (621x627, 107K)

Because projecting is literally all they can do. See: the pathetic attempt to flip snowflake or NPC etc. around.

FUCK THIS GAY NORMIE EARTH

Attached: 1561376923207.png (1080x2939, 877K)

The script was de-gayed and made strictly a literal translation because Khara refuses to let retarded gaijins decide things like this anymore after the first screening of 3.0. Basically what happened is that the originally ambiguous dialogue was made explicitly gay because the dubbers are shippers and wanted to make it gayer and then during a screening a Khara employee saw yaoifag Americans behave like Indians in a movie theater during scenes that were supposed to be serious and he was fucking disgusted. Becauseof that they now demand full control of the localization scripts, even when it doesn't make sense in English (like when the Japanese script uses "first children" when referring to just Shinji alone etc.), that's how much they hated what the previous localizations had done.

mobile.twitter.com/fooly_cooly/status/1142730726607114240/

>So apparently Netflix fucked with the subs?
They didn't fuck with anything. They completely retranslated the show

>Where some faggots didn't confess his love to his gayhomo bottom?
They changed one of the lines from a character saying they "love" someone to they "like" someone. The character is still blatantly gay, people just need something to be outraged over

>Since it has mechas in it, is it worth watching?
Yes, but not for that reason

>How much homofaggotry is in it?
Not much, except for the very end. However it's pretty tasteful.

Attached: 0185c59da5c8318c769df74e17d7705827dfce58_315937_869_1322.jpg (869x1322, 336K)

Groznald Grumpf is LITERALLY an angel

Attached: stephen-colbert-slams-trumps-new-information-source-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones.png (1190x595, 830K)

He's completely right. Subtlety is everything in a show like eva

Fuck just when I forget what a cunt Gendo was it all comes rushing back

Nami a cute.

fucking hell

Lack of nostalgia

Late response, but yeah

I assume since misato told hyouga he told the rest.

It's not even fitting, Shinji is a 14yo kid, not a tranny.

Better voice actors

>People who watch the old dub when they were kids will just hate it because it's different.
I think they just gave people the benefit of the doubt and assumed Eva fans aren't THAT autistic

Does the Netflix version have the director’s cut scenes from the last few episodes?

Shinji was voiced by a woman in the JP bud I think you're looking too deep into this

TTGL is worth it IMO. Pretty sad tho

Show end is in his mind, EoE is what actually goes on during it.

EOE and 25 & 26 are basically happening concurrently

You should watch TTGL after you've watched more mecha to fully appreciate it. It's a great homage when you're more familiar with the genre.

Of course. Pretty sure every release since the DC was created included them instead of the original ones

burgerland is the biggest plague of the western world

Attached: guys.jpg (761x563, 60K)

>be 14
>watch bebop and evangelion
>get laughed at for liking anime
>same people are trying so hard to like it in their 30s because its in trend
>actually grew out of this shit at 18

enjoy I guess lol

Attached: Ct20JVMWAAEFtls.jpg (396x385, 28K)

>mfw I thought he was just flicking a pen/pencil

Pretty rude, desu

Attached: mug.jpg (306x273, 14K)

I know he was, but what does that have to do with trannies? :^)

I spent a pretty penny on a box set a few years ago and it didn’t have them :(

>actually grew out of this shit at 18
Plebian

Nothing, you're just obsessed with them

To be fair he sounds significantly more like a 14 year old now than he did in the original dub

You sound like you are harboring some pent up aggression, user. WE weren't the ones who bullied you in high school

Still sounds better than Spencer. The main problem is that the voice fluctuates a bit from feminine to masculine. The tranny has not practiced making voices enough and is inconsistent.

All I've been saying is that there's nothing that makes a tranny voicing him "fitting", calm down.

It wasn't from school, It was anyone who found out or if I talked about them being good

I was a loser though, now people are trying so hard to be a loser in their 30s and its weird,they think they can talk to me about it but I go bored of that shit years ago

Its not aggression, just think its odd that I watched it as the target audience and 14 years later people feel like they have to watch it because netflix hypes it up

Shinji is a 14 year old kid. Not a woman

These posts miss the point

tourism
underages

Because people respond to it

Twitter, Instagram and YouTube comment section meme

He ruined Eva for me

Yeah, because you're obsessed

Gr8 b8 m8

Eva's good, but there's literature out there that's much better than it like GoT or the Bible

You were a loser, but it wasn't because you liked eva

Just watch the movie then, it's summarizes everything very well

Trips of truth

>someone says x is fitting
>say x is not fitting because of a reason
Calling everyone "obsessed" is really not as clever as you think it is.