Honestly this is not very good at all. I feel like it's one of those "you had to see it back then" movies

Honestly this is not very good at all. I feel like it's one of those "you had to see it back then" movies.

Attached: exorcist-poster.jpg (490x735, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nfzxQIhdcPA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My mother saw it back in 73. She said there was members of the saint John's ambulance in the lobby in case people fainted and people actually got out of their seats and crawled out the cinema on all fours as they were too sick to stand.

fucking kek
prolly bullshit though

Sounds a bit like the story that people screamed when Cesare woke up in Cabinet of Dr Caligari.

I don't know, she's not one for talking shit.

That film is a metaphor for sexual child abuse in the church.

It is great

Attached: tenor (1).gif (498x364, 157K)

People freaked out like that during screenings of Frankenstein, for fucks sake. I never gauge a movie based on audience reaction.

There’s literally not a better directed horror movie in existence

I wonder what a horror movie would have to do to have that effect on people today?

Like back then society was still very Christian but struggling with the undermining elements of the 1960s. Not sure what theme would resonate with today's audience to produce such revulsion

It's all context though. People lost their shit over the chestburster in 79, that's meh these days.

*mutters under breath* You are reddit you are memes you are reddit you are memes
>he missed the scene where regan gets a carotid angiography
That was what made people pass out. Lots of people are afraid of needles and blood and such.
Le People Fainting in Terror meme was just used as marketing

uh no sweetie. The sex abuse scandal hadn't broke

a happy white family

Oh my gob the horror

Attached: 1545952323694s.jpg (104x125, 3K)

There's footage of people being carried out whilst watching it when it released in 1973 on youtube.

Attached: 1556749899999s.jpg (111x125, 2K)

>I wonder what a horror movie would have to do to have that effect on people today?
NXIVM snuff films. Even the tool box killer recordings had people in the courtroom running out and vomiting
>youtube.com/watch?v=nfzxQIhdcPA

I'm 29

W-what the fuuccckkk!!?!?! I can't even!!!

Attached: soyjak.jpg (233x217, 9K)

>Wait 2 hours for this famous "spider-walk" scene everyone talks about.
>Never happens because it's only in Director's Cut.

Okay...

Attached: 805.jpg (805x669, 36K)

that tape was kino
>I’m sure that you’ve already tried to get your wrists and ankles loose, and know you can’t. Now you’re just waiting to see what’s gonna happen next. You probably think you’re gonna be raped and you’re f*ckin’ sure right about that. Our primary interest is in what you’ve got between your legs. You’ll be raped thoroughly and repeatedly, in every hole you’ve got. Because, basically, you’ve been snatched and brought here for us to train and use as a sex slave. Sound kind of far out? Well, I suppose it is to the uninitiated, but we do it all the time.

God I remember reading those transcripts. How awful

It lasts for about 3 seconds but it's kino

It's honestly really good. Perfect pacing.

Attached: 1555951674650.png (2560x1440, 2.77M)

It looks fake as shit
it was taken out of the theatrical release for that very reason
You missed nothing

Yes I keep looking for more horrors like this. Very high production value and the supernatural element. Nothing cheap about this very well made.

Attached: giphy (1).webm (480x316, 447K)

i saw it in the theater back then.
i can't remember the exact number at my viewing but no less than two people fainted/passed out.

No you didn't

No it's true. My mother and uncle, who saw it back in '73, told me the same exact thing. People were genuinely terrified, and i almost envy them...

>chad Exorcist nominated for best picture
>gets robbed by The Sting
>Exorcist brought up daily as one of the best kinos ever made
>No one cares about the sting
Why are jews always wrong?

The internet would have given all the scares away the day it was released if it came out now

Based

What modern horror movies have this level of hype and spookiness and word of mouth?
Last time I remember this sort of thing was my cute babysitter and my mother and every adult/teenager ever talking about how scary The Grudge and The Blair Witch Project were

>God I remember reading those scripts.
>How awful

Attached: 1561286977958.jpg (708x800, 95K)

Old fag here. I was a kid when this came out, and I remember the bullshit over it - and all of it turned out to be marketing. I remember everyone talking about how nurses had to be stationed at every theater because of people fainting, how they locked the theater doors at the last parts, that barf bags were given out, blah blah blah. It was all marketing.
What the hoopla was, was it was the first horror movie to go mainstream, in a big way. No studios put that kind of money or push behind horror, this started it all. It's "notorious" because it was first.

Bullshit. I know it was your mom and all, but she's just repeating the bullshit marketing they did for the movie. They PAID local news shows to make reports of this happening, but it didn't.

>Dude i'm a jaded desensitized Yea Forums nihilist lmao! Torture and rape are cool and funny XD

you weren't there cocksucker. I was. And it DID happen.

I was there, faggot. Like I said, old fag here. Stop lying on the internet to try and pretend your life has a point.

>Stop lying on the internet to try and pretend your life has a point.
you are projecting so hard right now, millenial shitter

punk ass zoomer

You're still snivelling?

cringe zoomer

You're not fooling anyone kiddo

It's vintage onions

100%

I feel that this is the one old horror movie zoomers cannot handle. A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Child's Play, etc all have moments of comedic relief. Exorcist never lets up how stone-faced and serious it is. The real horror is seeing Ellen Burstyn breakdown realizing there's nothing she can do to save her daughter.