How often in horrors character aren't plain stupid and do logic things? How many movie do you know...

How often in horrors character aren't plain stupid and do logic things? How many movie do you know? Let's disscusse about good horror movies.

Attached: The Thing (variation) by Christopher Shy.jpg (1103x1600, 200K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Damn MacReady is so fucking cool.

And the never ending question, witch one of theme was the thing or maybe both?

Love this film, the short story 'The Things' really adds to it

clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

I like the "the bottle had gasoline in it" theory

Reddit fuck off
JUST TAKE THE SCENE STRAIGHT YOU FAGGOTS

Laurie Strode was intelligent in H20 and 2018, but dumb as a rock in 1978, II and Resurrection. Also the main girl in Freddy vs. Jason had a good head on her shoulders.

>monster copies every memory and mannerism of the person it assimilates
>somehow doesn't know how gasoline smells like

Fucking retarded theory. The creature copies all of the memories and mannerisms of people it assimilates, it even copied that guys heart problems, im pretty sure it would know to react to drinking gasoline

i skipped most of the middle cause it got weirdly preachy. it was in interesting concept. I dont like that it took out ambiguity.

>you will never see another character like him because cool male characters are inherently oppressive

Attached: rg435t.png (1600x948, 610K)

His son's character in Overlord was basically ww2 MacReady

I like Dog Soldiers

>How often in horrors character aren't plain stupid and do logic things?

Attached: 1556749526645.jpg (812x760, 67K)

Everything I heard about it made it seem like just another E3 tier circle-jerk about how much we love to punch nazis. If there's actually a good movie under all that shit then I'll have to check it out.

They both were.

The bit where he sacrifices himself to save the stronk woman and black man who actually won WWII was a bit heavy handed

Neither was the thing, they were both paranoid.

I kind of enjoyed how Scream was a laundry list of horror cliches but then they made Gale both much smarter and much less evil than her stock character is supposed to be.

Like they start her out on a very clear and familiar "ruthless piece of shit paparazzi" story path but then halfway through she remembers "Oh wait I'm sane and a human"

Attached: gale weathers.jpg (627x462, 18K)

If the comics are canon, Childs is.

Is the Shining an horror movie ? If so The Thing, the Shining and Psycho are the GOATs.

Wendy was pretty dumb to hide in the bathroom in her apartment that she had no way to escape from

He was cool as shit

It was for the sake of realism, women are notoriously stupid.

Shit that sounds like a real slap in the face ending.

>listening and taking heed to this kind of thing
>on Yea Forums
really nigga.
Try it out
the opening scene is worth watching by itself, pure kino.

It's almost like it was decided by committee or else the movie wouldn't be made because the whole time the darkie was a coward and the woman was incompetent while Wyatt did 100% of the heavy lifting, but hey, they survived and he went out in a blaze taking the nazi super zombies with him

Attached: gn-gift_guide_variable_c.jpg (970x646, 74K)

You act like I'm making that shit up when I'm just describing the events of the movie

nigger, what other opinions am I gonna heed on movies if not Yea Forums anons? Normies? Bought and paid for reviewers? No matter how bad this place gets there really aren't a lot of better options. Despite the memes and shitposts I see more real opinions here than anywhere else.

You are warping the events to suit your delusion.
He sacrifices himself to BTFO all the zombies and makes sure the radio tower is exploded so that the Allies are able to storm Normandy and BTFO germans.
He is literally the hero of the film, the film takes place from the POV of the cowardly black guy but he is not the hero.
Imagine seeing a chad heroic sacrifice as anything other than it is.
Kys you faggot.

its pretty lame not enough focus on the monsters and the characters aren't good enough to warrant that

horror movies are for teenagers mostly so i don't think there are many good horror movies

the thing is the greatest horror movie of all time