ITT: actually intelligent actors

most actors, contrary to what they play on the big screen, appear to actually be utterly brainless: e.g. Julianne Moore, despite being a fantastic actress is supposedly a total ditz irl; so let's post some legitimately intelligent and thoughtful thespians.
i for one nominate Bradley Cooper. never took the dude seriously until i watched A Star is Born and heard his interview with Mayo, the man has brains and actual talent
youtube.com/watch?v=N6_4sYhlxtM

Attached: moore.jpg (1000x562, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l75pWR2uSqA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A Star is Born was surprise kino.

both of Cooper and Gaga were surprisingly good, i agree

Christoph Waltz plays dastardly, intelligent characters with big personalities, but the dude himself seems like a complete wet blanket in interviews.

He's German you fucking racist.

i've noticed that too, his entire persona is "le bilingual man" (english doesn't count)

Attached: 220px-Captain_Marvel_trailer_at_the_National_Air_and_Space_Museum_2_(cropped).jpg (220x290, 17K)

Austrian

Hedy Lamarr was something of an inventor in her time. I believe she invented tech for scrambling submarine torpedoes before WWII that didn't come about until after the war had ended. Imagine how helpful it would've been against Japanese/German subs.

Attached: Hedy Lamarr.jpg (750x500, 39K)

how the fuck did he even get 2 oscars and golden globes? the win for Basterds was justified, that was a fantastic and memorable performance. how the hell he got another pair for Django baffles me to this day, his performance was nothing more than adequate

Dolph Lundgren is a memeber of MENSA.

That also goes for Sylvester Stallone. Not MENSA mind you, but the guy is a lot smarter than his on-screen appearances suggest. People forget that he actually wrote the screenplay for Rocky and worked tirelessly to get it made.

lol

Ezra is an underappreciated genius in his own right: youtube.com/watch?v=l75pWR2uSqA

Attached: Ezra Miller Breaks Down His Top 5 Style Heroes _ GQ.jpg (1093x1025, 166K)

Attached: Rowan.jpg (656x354, 63K)

she's the poster child for brainless hollywood thots being fed their opinion to regurgitate on social networks and late night talk shows

it's probably unfair to the rest of the actors involved to even mention him, but Stephen Fry

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 6K)

James Woods
Natalie Portman
John Cleese
Jayne Mansfield

ken jeong has an md even though he's just the asian tracy morgan

>James Woods
If he's so smart then why is he a racist and a republican?

>Hedy
It's Hedley

correction, young hollywood actors in general, not just thots
>Jayne Mansfield
who's she and what'd she do to offend the blue checkmarks

checkmate athiests

Tommy Lee Jones

Pretty much all the Monty Python lot are Oxford grads, I believe. And Terry Gilliam speaks for himself

And they say Yea Forums is devoid of humor.

Attached: 26F2604D-2E4C-484B-9E61-CE334799779D.jpg (274x305, 18K)

I always thought of Gene Hackman as that. Makes sense that he gave up acting too.

Lisa Kudrow is a scientist and has an IQ of 164 or something.

Jodie Foster

she's the inventor of the mansfield bar

He's very intelligent which comes through in the more serious interviews he made. This is something people don't know about 80s action guys. Arnie is fucking sharp, too. They were the real deal. I'm not sure any of the current superhero guys is anywhere near the intelligence level of Arnie, Sly and Dolph

benadryl cum'n'dash, tom hiddleston and iron manlet seem outwardly intelligent enough

Ken jeong is a litteral MD
That uggo sloot from TBBT has some sort of masters

masters doesn't mean anything, Ken's MD is far more impressive