This movie perfectly captures the feel of the late 80's, early 90's. Find me a more comfy movie than this. I'll wait

This movie perfectly captures the feel of the late 80's, early 90's. Find me a more comfy movie than this. I'll wait.

Attached: MattRyanTobin_LastActionHero_REG_2000x.png (1200x800, 2.12M)

>Friday night
>dad takes us to Holywood Video
>lets me and lil bro pick out a movie and game
>I grab LAH on vhs
>lil bro grabs Jurrasic Park for Sega
>I shoot him the thumbs up
>dad grabs root beers & popcorn for all
>watch Arnold's masterpiece
>play JP all night with lil bro
>best weekend ever
>next morning dad makes pancakes
>passes me the juice and casually informs us he and mom are getting a divorce

All in all, not a bad way to soften the blow. This movie always reminds me of the moment my life went downhill. Thanks, op.

Commando is far better because it's equally campy without hiding behind the shield of parody.

now that's an interesting thing
at the same time it softened the blow, it also linked a good thing to a bad thing so you'll forever associate LAH and Jurassic Park for Sega to your parents getting divorced
kinda fucked up

It was too ahead of its time

Another reason why Arnold is kino

Hudson Hawk
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
Mo' Money
Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man
Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot
Reservoir Dogs

Honestly, anyone here who remembers the EARLY 90s (fresh prince neon era) is like an ultra-dead boomer ghost.

More people here were in elementary in the LATE 90s-early 00s pokemon y2k chrome era, and the early-mid 90s are pretty unknown/mysterious to them.

And heck now we're starting to get a huge influx of zoomers here who were in elementary in the late 00s-early 10s, the iOS electropop era.

Attached: 1561097376201.jpg (1280x720, 241K)

I was born in 1982. I'm 36.

Am I a boomer?

Attached: 1558563019752.jpg (374x767, 55K)

In the meme you're a boomer (people in their 30s). But in actuality you're late gen x/early millennial.

My wife said I was a millennial. I told her to shut her fucking whore mouth.

Attached: 1559915022649.jpg (385x337, 43K)

Why was the kid such a smug little turd? The film's only flaw imo

You graduated in 2000 so you're a millennial bitch

You shut your whore mouth.

Attached: 1558302377990.png (428x424, 124K)

His daughter was sooooo fucking hot in that movie used to jack off to her all the time

Attached: Sonya_Blade.jpg (832x468, 70K)

That’s pretty funny

I love her still do always will she boobie

why did our boomer parents fail us?

Attached: 1508885999575.jpg (1680x2520, 587K)

>Friday night
>Rented Captain Ron and JP for Super Nintendo
>watched movie then played JP all night with friends from down the street
>movie, game, and friends were all a solid 6/10
>go home to abusive mother and enabling father
>wish they would get a divorce

Wow, I'm the bizarro world version of you, in a sense.

Attached: 1992 Captain Ron (1992)_01.jpg (580x892, 108K)

Ali Larter is so under appreciated.

Attached: house-on-haunted-hill-cinema-quad-movie-poster-(1).jpg (1050x791, 635K)

checkmate

Attached: 9ADj4SfBkYkjFrsy2iZqIATsyRt.jpg (733x1000, 161K)

More like perfectly captures the late '10s

I just realized this is the late 10s.

Hey boss howabout we try dis 'irony' ding

LAST ACTION HERO IS FUCKING GARBAGE AND SIGNALS THE END OF 80'S ACTION CINEMA!!!

It's an ironic meta post-modern deconstructionist take on the genre (ala Scream) and it fails because what we really wanted was an R-rated Jack Slater movie, basically The Naked Gun but with gore and nudity. Arnold fucking sold out with this PG-13 piece of shit while his career never recovered and only went downhill.

Arnold should have re-teamed with John McTiernan (who Directed him in Predator AND Last Action Hero) for a KING CONAN movie in 1992.

It would have been perfect timing. Arnold would have been coming off Total Recall (1990) and Terminator 2 (1991). 1992 was also the 10th anniversary of Conan The Barbarian. Get a top tier script, a massive budget, an R-rating, ILM handling the Visual Effects with Stand Winston bringing some Jurassic Park style animatronic monsters to the mix and maybe bring in Rick Baker and Rob Bottin for additional FX.

THAT would have had incredible potential but NOOOOOOO, shithead was trying to soften his image and threw his fans under the fucking bus.

Fuck Arnold and fuck Last Action Hero!!!FACT!!!

>Commando is far better because it's equally campy without hiding behind the shield of parody.

100% correct!!!FACT!!!

>comfy
It's a cute movie but that's it.