ITT: The Last Genuinely Great Movie You Saw

>What was the last 9/10+ movie you watched?
Saw pic related at the theater, and it was honestly one of the most immersive film experiences I’d had in a really long time. Just the way it’s shot and edited is incredibly hypnotic and at times, very poetic. The cinematography is really it’s strongest aspect. Not only is it beautiful, but it’s also fantastic at displaying information. You can understand the points the film is trying to make almost completely through the visuals alone, because the images are so rich and impactful.
I also love the way how Allah doesn’t try to do anything to break the fourth wall, or acknowledge that it’s a documentary. He just allows the audience to drown themselves in the culture of Jamaica and get accustomed to the people and landscapes.
At times, it almost feels like a professional level home video. It’s expertly crafted, but feels a bit rough around the edges, and intimate at the same time.
It’s honestly my favorite of the year so far, and I don’t think anything can top it.
Such a unique and immersive experience
>What was the last genuinely great movie that you watched?

Attached: 2E40D60E-AE58-46D0-87C3-92CAC336E180.jpg (1019x1500, 388K)

Bump

The new child’s play was pretty fantastic

Bump

Thanks for the rec, I'll check it out
As for your question, that's a tough one.
The last film that was, in my own standards, great was Brick.
The pacing, cinematography, casting, dialogue, story, score.. none of it was great on its own, but togheter it formed into a piece of cinema that was one of the better films I've seen.
That and perhaps 'Her'. A hardened part of my heart got hit by it, and I believe it has done so for many others.

I’ve wanted to watch Brick for a really long time, but I wasn’t to crazy about Looper (the only other Rian film I watched), so it’s never been a priority. How does it compare to his other work?
I haven’t seen Her in years, but I remember it hitting really close to home, and being incredibly well shot, written, and acted when I watched it back then. Great movie.

When I saw There Will Be Blood in theatres. Last time I was satisfied with a film upon leaving the theater.

Jesus, that was a long time ago.
TWBB is a really high standard though.

Bump

i don't know desu

This movie was way more intense and uncomfortable than I expected it to be.

Attached: MV5BMTk2Mzg4NzI3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzE5NDk1NzM@._V1_.jpg (1382x2048, 3.48M)

The Truman Show.
I put off watching it for years because I associated it with Jim Carrey not making slapstick movies anymore and so resented it.
Turns out its a 9/10 kino. Almost flawless apart from the exposition scene.

Truman Show’s pretty great.
One of my favorite premises for a film ever, and it’s executed and written close to perfectly.
What exposition part are you talking about? I don’t really remember that.
I’ve heard of this, but never watched it. Seems really cool.

the exposition is the tv interview the creator has, most of the stuff he says you could have inferred but they go out of their way to explain it

Attached: 1561328401834.png (884x874, 714K)

Attached: 1560975232662.png (753x960, 29K)

Attached: 1561237775218.png (644x790, 59K)

>What was the last 9/10+ movie you watched?
>A nigger movie
F U.

Attached: 1561237528332.png (594x582, 41K)

This shit was great

Attached: YOUTH-UK-POSTER-900x0-c-default.png (900x677, 784K)

>Actually talking about movies and starting a discussion thread is reddit
Ok retard.
But thanks for bumping the thread.
Then what was the last great movie you watched?
I’ve been trying to get into some Sorrentino lately. I’m gonna watch the Great Beauty tonight actually. Moving onto this next.
Pretty hyped because This Must Be The Place and The Young Pope are kino.

Attached: kino.jpg (220x334, 33K)

>be fag OP
>enjoy a movie about niggers
Kek, no fucking shit, you loved it, fucktard. I, on the other hand enjoyed this kino from our brothers in Eastern Asia.

Attached: 414F2C2H31L.jpg (333x475, 29K)

Jin Roh is mediocre as fuck though

If you're a heartless liberal maybe. The film is flawed when it comes to some of the drawings, this I can agree with.

Brick is his best and looking more and more like a one-off thing for him

>bafta nominee

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Accidentally watched this instead of Man with a Movie Camera. 10/10 would recommend.

Attached: kinoeye.jpg (182x268, 15K)

>I'll show em'

SEETHING

Attached: 1552162778307.jpg (668x445, 34K)

The Favourite is very good

Who said I’m white?

The Favourite. I was actually surprised to read about the real events afterwards

Attached: x2qrmn9ekx821.jpg (2000x2400, 888K)

It's even worse if you arent white. Now you're just another nig crying about your oppression or whatever.

It’s based on real events?
Why am I just now figuring this out?

>crying about oppression
I’ll bite.
Where was I crying about oppression? I was barely even bitching about anything in the first place.
Also, the movie I posted isn’t even political in the slightest. You can say it’s very religion based, but it’s done so in a way where it plays into the portrait of Jamaican culture, so pretty much anyone can appreciate it.
The movie has fuck all about politics or religion, it was just created to shine a light on and artfully portray a specific culture and community of people.

Black Coal, Thin Ice (2014?)

Hell or High Water

Shotgun Stories

How do I search that up?

It’s called Kino eye or kino glaz
I don’t know where to find a torrent though

The King's Speech

Thanks for the rec. never heard of this director or this movie, so this is great.

The pg13 cut best cut

Well lads, this was a pretty great thread.
I’m gonna head out.
See ya

Love this movie. Never found more like it though. Any chinese movie recs?