Never seen Evangelion, Wha'ts it about, Why are there so many films and versions?

Never seen Evangelion, Wha'ts it about, Why are there so many films and versions?

Attached: eva.jpg (1024x768, 134K)

This comic pretty much sums it up

Attached: 000.jpg (1024x918, 152K)

tfw no girlfriend told nonsensically as only japan can do

It's about psychological trauma.
-The 26 anime episodes come first
-The Death and Rebirth movie is just a clip show version of the anine. Skip it.
-End of Evangelion is the finale to the anime
-The Rebuild movies are just remakes of the anime that diverge more and more over time. Only watch them if you really like the anime. They're interesting, but not as good.

Eva is a garbage clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in waifu faggotry and NEUROSIS. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The broken, angsty characters all trying their hardest to hide from their mental issues, the SYMBOLISM, peculiar, complex machinery, the whole Freudian faggotry and everything about the Evangelion world fuels their fantasies of being a patrician, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on guilt tripping, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underage retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Attached: 1456333468732.jpg (975x1052, 229K)

2 nukes will fuck you up good man

Extremely based s o y comic

NGE is basically normie “woah man that’s so deep also I have depression” anime.

Attached: 812ED5CE-FDD8-48EA-AD5B-B9A2CE9D116B.jpg (1426x2048, 2.26M)

Ummm sweaty rebuilds are a sequel

what is your purpose in belittling anyone who enjoys this? if you dont like it, dont go to threads if you hate it. i dont give a shit about that gay ass dragon medieval show, you dont see me going in any of those threads and giving some pseudo intellectual 'it sucks' rant

Don't watch Netflix dub or sub

what wrong with nextflic sub????

Is it pseudo intellectual garbage aimed at redditors?

it's anti-intellectual kino aimed at incels

Based

cringe, watch something good like patlabor

Attached: 244DFE33-43E9-4A5B-B442-FCD4B5AD970D.png (446x435, 81K)

not gay enough

it is about the origins of the human race
but this story is contained within another one about a shadowy organization bent on initiating the apocalypse
but this story is contained within another one about a teenage boy who is trying to come to terms with his sexuality and his relationship with his father

you're saying the subtitles elide a gay subtext in translation? Why would Netflix do that?

This is the ultimate anime for filtering out brainlets.
If you think its either dumb and confusing or "too deep for you", you have just outed yourself as having low attention span to think the shows messages arent conveyed to you enough despite being showed to you repeatedly.
Its a great anime, debatably the best anime ever, but its entry level character exploration and I feel that it does a good job at it.

Attached: EoE.jpg (2616x2626, 1020K)

this show objectively is hard to follow, and I say that as someone who understood Inception COMPLETELY on her second viewing.

Whoa, didn't expect actual patrish taste here.

>If you think it's too dumb or too smart you're a brainlet
So you have to be a certain specific amount of retard to enjoy this?

Low-IQ samefag

user I...

With cool robots, a sick soundtrack and the only waifu you'll ever need.

Attached: wallhaven-654307.jpg (864x1296, 371K)

I'm on episode 10 and really enjoying it. I can see why it had such a dedicated following. But why is Asuka such a cunt. A sexy big-tittied cunt, to be sure, but a cunt.

you will find out later in the series

Based brainlet tard.

Fair enough. I already encountered other spoilers, but knowing them ahead of time only makes me enjoy the story even more. Shinji's relationship to his Eva, for one, made me enjoy episode 1 a lot more. It really is a great little show.

This, keep watching.

It’s very straightforward and explains everything as it happens

Never seen Fate/Stay Night, Wha'ts it about, Why are there so many films and version?

Its a funny comic but you must be retarded if you believe this unironically.

Just watch the original 26 episodes and nothing else. What's good is in there.
EoE is a fucking embarrassing fraud that retards think is awesome.
The rest is so bad everyone agrees it sucks.

Attached: Ramiel_NGE.jpg (480x360, 23K)

Kys

>t. retard

I didn't understand the concept of waifu until I saw NGE
I haven't watched any other anime after that because it's just too dangerous to get attached to 2d cartoons

Yeah, I know you are.

>finish the original series
>"wow I really wish this answered literally any of the world building questions, good thing EoE will do that
>finish watching EoE
what was the point? at least the original ending was a conclusion of some sort

Attached: 1402941757874.jpg (756x972, 233K)

25 and 26 are definitely more striking than eoe, but they're not mutually exclusive
eoe is the same ending seen by the third person perspective, and without skipping the real life final confrontations
25 and 26 are just the tang interactions during the impact iirc

Imagine how filtered retarded zoomers are gonna be

Attached: 639AF8AC-8D6D-4DBF-A47D-391E7F4CEDB2.png (1280x914, 822K)

To make you watch the rebuilds

No.
Srsly, explain me what's good about EoE. I fucking dare you. WHAT'S FUCKING GOOD ABOUT IT?

Why are you replying to yourself?

>misato's long conversation with shinji in the car ride in eoe didn't explain the origins of the angels or seele's intentions
>gendo didn't flat out say what he wanted to do and how he was going to do it
>seele do not pompously explain what they are doing and how they are going to do it
jesus fucking christ user

God I hated the anime "comedy" in this so much.
It's such a tonal clash.

>Eva is a garbage clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect

Incorrect

Not gonna fall for the bait, sorry :^)

>eoe is the same ending
lol, no. It's a completely different ending, and it even has two different ones in it alone.

>It's such a tonal clash
No shit

The "comedy" is to make you realize the suffering that a person that has real depression is going through. Nothing is funny to them but everyone else thinks it's great and makes everything better but the depressed person just stares in disbelief as to want to laugh along too but has no idea how to really react because it just seems overwhelming.

I never have seen evangelion because I always saw it as reddit shit. Even looking at this pic I already am thinking this is reddit...this is memes. And I can't even take it seriously. Show is fucking garbage.

And yes I can tell without watching it because it looks like shit, I don't need to take a bite to figure that out.

Fuck asuka/fuck rei/fuck shinji/ and FUCK evangelion. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

But that makes the series proper hard to watch, whereas EoE is an easy revisit.

>But that makes the series proper hard to watch
Do you have autism? Legit question, no offense intended.

there are so many posts about this right now, this has to be netflix shilling

Attached: 1416605897290.jpg (251x189, 6K)

That's the entire metanarrative, Anno despises the otaku culture and the show is a commentary on growing out of it. It's the ultimate form of ironic shitposting. Just look at the fan base.
Is it flawed? Sure, but you can't deny the ambition behind it. There are so many details and events that resonate differently from person to person it's impossible not to call it art.
It's a very intimate show as people have their own relationship with it (disregard bandwagons) and when someone dislikes it, I find it's usually because they couldn't create a connection with any the of the cast members, especially the main character. Which probably means you have the emotional understanding of a Casio calculator.

Attached: wallhaven-488497.png (1600x900, 858K)

>Anno despises the otaku culture
then why did he make the rebuilds which are the most egregious otakushit

>Anno tells otaku fucks to go outside and stop living through escapism
>They do the complete opposite and go deeper into otaku culture
This is why he made the rebuilds, to give these the fucks the shallow generic mecha show they wanted

Because he's an unfocused/unconcise autist who can't decide what's the best way to tell his story.
And money.

It's a deconstruction of the mecha genre with three anime continuities -- the original anime series, End of Evangelion (an alternate version of episodes 25 and 26), and the Rebuild movies.

$

also 3.33 was setup with the promise of more fanservice only to follow through on the film that pissed people of the most. Japanese David Lynch knows what he's doing

Best action movie ever made

Like in that episode in wich they ask where are the angels coming from anyway and no one says anything ever.
K I N O

Have a soft spot for evangelion since me and my childhood friend always watched it together when it aired. Its honestly the most fun I've had with an anime, just trying to figure everything out and thinking of theories with my best friend was the coolest shit. Made it even better when Anno released the game explaining everything and later on started making the movies.

This but unironically, imagine having a giant threat out of this world that you know little about looming over you with the intent of wiping you out and you know it can come at any moment from anywhere.
Truly Lovecraftian

You have no idea what you're talking about. The "fanservice" thing has been a running joke since the show. Every episode would end with "We promise there'll be tons of fanservice next episode!" and it would be nothing.

Very nice bait.

I haven't watched them since the last one came out, but I'm pretty sure 1.11 doesn't end like that. Also 3.33 feels like a deliberate attempt to not give people what they wanted