La Notte

Absolute kino. Any films similar to this one?

Attached: 3c442a1014f8709996d92bdf21eb9ca2.jpg (1141x1600, 171K)

Attached: la-notte-1961-michelangelo-antonioni-09.jpg (1400x788, 281K)

The other films of the trilogy are good too but they still don't come close to La Notte.

there's literally a trilogy of them

I have seen the trilogy, i meant some other films.
I thought L'Eclisse was great and i wasn't a big fan of L'Avventura.

Melancholia.

try with Wong Kar Wai "In the mood for love"

I have seen all of Wong Kar Wai films, In the Mood for Love was pretty great.
Haven't seen this one yet. Will watch.

taipei story

don't watch melancholia, it's shit
watch the element of crime if you must watch a lars von trier film

I like Von Trier, Dogville is funny and very well done. I really like his humour. I heard Riget is great so i might watch that first.
The only Yang film i have seen so far and i found it to be very sterile and dull for some reason. I have to check Yi Yi out.

Abbas Kiarostami, Theo Angelopoulos, Jarmusch, Victor Erice are some directors in the line of Antonioni (long shots, careful compositions, ennui...)

Haven’t been on Yea Forums in forever, since when were there actual film discussions? I never thought that I’d see something like Taipei Story mentioned

Have you seen Red Desert, OP?

What about Hou Hsiao-Hsien or Tsai Ming Liang?
I think you'd like The River, Vive L'amor or A Time to Live, A Time to Die

If you want more euro film though maybe check out Marcel Hanoun's stuff especially L'Printemps or L'Hiver

These films aren't particular similar to the antonioni trilogy of films you mentioned I feel like you'd enjoy them so give them a shot OP
Since forever? Look and you will find

Angelopoulos is fantastic, one of my favourite directors. I have only seen Close-up from Kiarostami, i really liked it so i will watch more from him. I will check out Erice, haven't seen anything from him.
Yang is quite popular here i would say.
No, not yet. I have seen alienation trilogy, The Passenger and Blow-up.

I have started with Tsai recently. I have only seen Rebels of the Neon God and i thought it was really good so i will definitely watch more from him.
I haven't seen anything from Hou Hsiao-Hsien yet. Is his stuff watchable without being well versed in Taiwanese history?

Alright, i haven't heard about Hanoun. I will check him out. Thanks.

>s his stuff watchable without being well versed in Taiwanese history
I've only seen his coming of age trilogy but it was pretty comfy and didn't require any reading to comprehend, just some good slice of life vignettes about a dude growing up in rural taiwan

I’ve seen Brighter Summer Day and Yi Yi menioned a few times, nothing else from him though.
I’d definitely check out Red Desert, it could easily be part of the alienation trilogy. Not sure why it isn’t, actually

Alright, i will check those out. I read that A City of Sadness and The Puppetmaster need some knowledge of history so it's good to know that his first don't.
Those are his most popular so those are mentioned the most.
I will check it out then.

Attached: MV5BMGE5MTQ0ZmYtZDMzNy00NzljLThjZjAtZjFiNmMxNjIyMDEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDE5MTU2MDE@._V1_.jpg (1280x690, 140K)

Le feu follet by Louis Malle

+1 for Rohmer

Attached: lacollectionneuse.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

based incel poster

Why would you say that, user?

Attached: rwf.png (592x320, 232K)

la collectioneuse is literally incels the flick
>ayo FUCK women, they're all roasties and whores
>i-i'd like to fuck though

Not him but what's wrong with those statements?

nothing
I just like painting la collectioneuse as incel : the flick

Are other Rohmer's flicks like that too?

The male characters in the film are all rich chads though

his six moral tales? somewhat but not really
although you could argue that they all carry the theme of inceldom, la petite bolouganiere is about a guy who stalks his crush then gives up to try to fuck an ugly cashier then ignores her the second he can fuck his crush so idk

and?
he still sperged out and refused to fuck the girl he wanted because she was a ROASTIE THOT then almost did because he wanted her but decided not too
typical incel behaviour

Sounds interesting, i will check Rohmer out. FNW wasn't really my thing except for Rivette so far, so i was hesitant whether to watch Rohmer or not.

oof if you don't like french new wave you will hate rohmer

I didn't really like what i have seen from Godard and Truffaut but i will try Rohmer, at least Claire's Knee. That seems to have a good plot.

skip it and watch something you're interested instead

I have plenty of time on my hands desu.

Just typical middle-age fake-prude Euro behavior imo. It looked to me like it was more about him reliving his prime sexual years and going for the chase than consummating the relationship. A true incel film would be more about some male protagonist venting his rage about women and trying to settle a score. Something like Nocturnal Animals

fake prude = incel
>plenty of chances to fuck a girl
>choose not too out of insecurity
>blame it on a girl being a ROASTIE WHORE instead of you being shy

Attached: lavventura-vitti-foreground-actor-background-volcano-thing-in-background.jpg (920x518, 44K)

It's was just foreplay and he didn't sperge out or became hateful because of it. If anything, the girl reawakened his sexual urges.

The ultimate incel film is Fighting Elegy
>masturbate to girl even though he acts pure
>doesn't even get to kiss girl
>tries to act tough only to be unlikable and repulsive angry virgin
>goes on to join some alt-right movement partly because of his pent up sexual frustration