Why don't Americans have to own a License to watch Television?

Why don't Americans have to own a License to watch Television?

Mine is about to expire and I can't afford to renew it...

Attached: 373625474.jpg (615x410, 43K)

Oh fuck you nigel

We are already the most taxed people on Earth, corporations have to pay +20% tax along side fed/state income taxes and social security.

lower taxes=freedom and liberty

because the BBC are cunts who refuse to join the human race
seriously, fuck the beeb

Americans pay for cable and satellite TV. Unlike in the UK which has FreeView.

because ads
ads are unironically are a public good, they're good for public
imagine seeing only bbc, without knowing your options
when it comes to ideology and prop, even the worst capitalist drivel variety is better
worst of it, is bbc pretending like they're the one, they're the shit and they somehow know better than the public that's telling them to fuck off
#fuckbbc

ask a millenial or something, like an actual person and not a mental decrepit slash barely humanoid who can't cancel cable or actually thinks it's worth paying for

I have an antenna, I get 67 channels for free. Millennials think antennas don't work anymore.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1000x714, 69K)

OI FOOKEN 'ELL M8ATE WISH ME QUEEN MUMMY DEAREST 'AVE A GO ON ME PECKER METHINKS OI'LL BE RENEWING ME PERMIT TO BE LOICENSED IN A BIT MATE CHEERIO GOD SAVE THERESA MAY CUPPA TEA OIOIOIOIOI

God I fucking hate British people.

You have to pay the License Fee to watch Freeview.
Sharts are taxed for PBS and NPR though, whether they watch it or not.
At least here I can not pay the money if I don't watch TV.
Mark my words though, they will just make it a compulsory tax soon. They will never make the BBC ad/subs based.

enjoy your 480p

Any US corporation that pays what they should on paper has an extremely incompetent tax preparer.

You're quite wrong there. The big broadcasters (abc, nbc, cbs, pbs, CW, Fox) all broadcast in 1080i
You have just been tricked by cable TV providers into paying for channels you would ordinarily get for free. Another thing about digital broadcasts is that they can piggyback multiple channels on a single channel. My PBS gives me 4 channels of programming while cable TV only provides you with one PBS channel.
Suckers.

>I don't wanna download a virus

Attached: RiseUp.gif (315x365, 1.72M)

Why are mutts so obsessed with the UK's TV Licence, something that isn't even compulsory, and yet totally ignore the fact that France, along with many other countries, has an even worse scheme where everyone has no choice because it's included in their taxes?

>people still unironically watch television in 2019

I love the fact the UK is so cuckolded, they are terrified to leave a failing Communist EU, even though their own union has been around 300 years (united kingdom) and is going strong.

is it true that americans can't use the petrol pump at their petrol stations, and that they can't cross roads without being arrested?

They voted to leave tho.

>is it true that americans can't use the petrol pump at their petrol stations,
No. 49 of 50 states require you to pump your own gas.
>and that they can't cross roads without being arrested?
No. Jaywalking is only ever a citation and fine if a cop brothers to stop you.

>I love the fact the UK is so cuckolded, they are terrified to leave a failing Communist EU

Are you fucking stupid? We voted to leave that corrupt cesspool and will be doing so on 31/10

>Are you fucking stupid? We voted to leave that corrupt cesspool and will be doing so on 31/10

You were supposed to leave June 1st, now its October 31st. You cucks won't leave, ya bunch of pussies. I dare ya to leave!

>corporations have to pay +20% tax
Nigger we all have to pay 20% income tax at the lowest bracket in the UK.

What is the % of the income tax in the US?