Why was the story so horrible?

Why was the story so horrible?

Attached: file.png (800x600, 876K)

The way they are setting up JW 4 to be is what JW 3 should have been from the start. Why is he trying to undo the excommunicado in the first place? Why does he want to be reinstated into something he willingly left? At least in 2 his hands were tied, and he broke the rules of the continental at the end because he doesn't care about his status anyway.

What the fuck was the purpose of this character?

Attached: file.png (1300x648, 1.6M)

To be a video game boss level.

>call in your last favor to the gypsy mob to get passage to casablanca to meet the head of the High Table to kill Winston etc

>then go "fuck it" and turn on the High Table at the last moment after losing a ring and a finger

yeah, it doesn't really make sense

Yea Forums is really getting flooded by retards, jesus christ

He didn't want to be reinstated, he wanted to be free. That clearly wasn't an option though, so it was the only realistic alternative.

To give the fight some tension, he gave off somewhat of an impression that he could compete with John. Especially considering he had to beat down several of his apprentices before facing him.

chink pandering obv

Introduction of his character destroys the tension though, and goes against everything the film has gone through to make it a distinctive film.

Why the fuck would his apprentices purposefully let him go multiple times? That's not how an elite assassin (so renowned that the high council/abjudicator relies on) operates

They wanted to get the measure of the almost mythical figure in their underworld. They wanted a fair fight, as did John. This is indicative by the fact that they let each other get up when they were struck down and the obvious respect and admiration they had towards him.

>'why is everyone else retarded?'
>proceeds to defend this shitheap of a story
John's motivations were all over the place. Is he really so retarded that he didn't realize giving up his last physical connection with his dead wife to Ali Baba was going to 'keep her memory alive,' when avenging that loss was the entire point of John Wick 1?

Make a coherent sentence next time and I'll consider giving you an insightful answer

>was
Meant wasn't

I thought they'd be more disciplined, ESPECIALLY coming from a ninja faction working so closely with the high table. Their whole creed is obedience and self control

Because it's just John Wick doing what other characters tell him to. Too many scenes of boring characters babbbling on and on about secret assassin society logistics. They really dropped the ball with the script

This. John commands an incredible level of respect and honour from other assassins. To give him a fair and difficult fight would be a great achievement for most people in the industry. John also isn't a psychopathic killer. He generally let's people live if they fight well and yield.

It is all about muh honour and it was gives the movie a unique feel.

i really wish it had just stuck with the first movie and never have done the sequel or the next one. can nothing just have one good thing and then not be ruined with sequels? fuck money. fuck hollywood. the second movie was just a three gun match. fuck you.

How the FUCK did she get away with just a stab wound?

Attached: file.png (1400x700, 1.48M)

yeah honestly a lot of the film felt pointless
john goes through all that work for nothing
he could have gone to winston and found out he was getting booted, and winston would have in all likelyhood asked for his help anyway.
fuck, he's even back at the same place at the end of the movie. sure everyone thinks he's dead now but he's back on the streets with everyone as his enemy, whoopty doo
don't get me wrong I loved the film but the story really was aids
it's the worst kind of story where it does make a lot of sense and is well structured but then they make a few critical decisions that just make it go down the shitter

She is an incredibly powerful figure head in a major crime organization. Killing her could star a war. The High Table doesn't seem to enjoy infighting and would rather settle it diplomatically.

Laurence Fishbern and Winston were also to get off with minor consequences if they resigned peacefully but they both rebelled.

theres some horrible crap in this

So is John Wick mad at Winston?
or does he know Winston "had no choice"

My guess is he understands. The Continental is Winston's life work, and I have a feeling that he intentionally didn't shoot John right in his face. I have a feeling Winston might go for a double-cross and realign with John in the next movie.

The desert scene is by far the worst scene in the whole trilogy. John travels through the desert to meet the Elder, gets his finger chopped off to undo his excommunicado, only to end up right where he started at the end of 2, with everybody out to kill him. This scene truly pisses me off just for being so pointless.

except those guys were CLEARLY japanese

Winston could've easily shot John in the face but went for his body armored suit instead. He wanted to give John a chance to live

who is he pissed at then

I agree. Finding the leader of the High Table felt entirely inconsequential. But he does now have John's wedding ring so that may be a plot point in Chapter 4.

Without a doubt, the worst of the three films.
Also the action scenes felt really boring to me, they dragged on too long and it felt more like a stupid Jackie Chan movie than John Wick.

This is how I felt about the whole movie.

The High Table, obviously.

>That TGTBTU homage
>That entire beginning from stables to the human pin cushion
>Everything with the chink death squad
JW3 had real cool shit, though

>1 John tried to get out only to be forced back in through vengeance
>2 John tried to get out only to be persuaded back in, breaks a cardinal rule
>3 John is suffering the consequences of breaking said rule, is cashing in whatever favors he can to get back out
It’s an action exhibition in a stylized world. If you were looking for a realistic/logical plot then you are an absolute retard and should be put down.

The movie felt pointless and the fights after the first half of the movie dragged for too long.
I still enjoyed it a bit but it was basically just a teasing for JW4, also John being an assassin again then betraying the table was retarded.

The nip part was totally unnccesary though

It was appalling. I can't understand why anyone would think otherwise. First one was great but this was a mess

I've really enjoyed all three of the films.

this desu

It was a trade off so everything but the plot could be fucking perfect

>Lol it's just a movie, turn your brain off
>If you turn your brain on you're a retard
For me some of the scenes felt overly long, independently of its connection to plot, characters or internal consistency. Especially the Halle Berry scene, which felt like a live-action Double Dragon arcade stage: you gith baddies until the videogame says it's time to move to the next screen, or the script says "battle is over" or "cut to [___]". The same goes for the glass building.
Also, they decide to interpret literally the words of one of the highest members of a shady assassin organization that apparently controls the world.
The action was top notch, but the plot is way more of an excuse for over-the-top coreographies than in the first movie. John Wick is, in my opinion, following the Fast and Furious route, collapsing on itself. From campy action movie to pure fantasy.

>It’s an action exhibition in a stylized world.
Except there's tons of dialogue. I don't care if I'm not supposed to care, it's still fucking boring.

It was shit from the first film, what were you expecting like?

It was the third film in a series that never needed to exist
The first film was good.
Money hungry fucks can’t ever leave a good thing alone. Did you actually expect it to not be shit?

I feel you

Because he was literally being hunted down by everyone? Or did you miss that part where there was the bounty on his head? The only way he could've gotten rid of it was to see the high table and ask to be forgiven. But then they told him he would basically be a slave to them until he died, natural or otherwise, so he said "fuck it". The entire idea of the John Wick movies is that he's the only one that could possibly do it.

EXCOMUNICADO

I think Winston did it to both save John and himself. Think about how unsurprised he was when the inspector came back and said Wick was gone.

I mean, you're right, but considering that the whole franchise started out with the most unimaginative pretense of a justification to start showing cool action scenes where a single man takes on dozens of other men ... who cares. The story never mattered, the variety of locations and thus set design etc. is why they did it and as far as I'm concerned, that's fine. Could have left out the whole female John Wick scene but whatever.

it really is dumb, however you can partially justify it with the fact that John originally didn't have much support covering his back or anything, so he might have felt like that was his last chance. However through circumstance he became then aligned with the guys again and had more of a fighting chance, so maybe that's why. It's quite a stretch tho.

It was genuinely fucking horrible. The actual scenes were cool, but everything else about the movie ruined it. Why would join rather be reinstated and live as an assassin than die and be with his wife? And Winston's betrayal was both out of character and ruined a more interesting set up for the sequel.

thats exactly what annoyed me about the movie
John is in the same spot at the end of 3 that he was at the end of 2
and the action scenes went on too long, they got boring quick