Attached: pilou!.png (476x494, 339K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dU9VqYBekhs
youtube.com/watch?v=oXmQN7rPq8A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thoughts on Tritonia Khaleesi?

Attached: sea-slug.jpg (530x621, 36K)

Cutest psycho!

Attached: 1558483051892.png (716x927, 740K)

>He wanted it, Jon knew then. He wanted it as much as he had ever wanted anything. I have always wanted it, he thought, guiltily. May the gods forgive me. It was a hunger inside him, sharp as a dragonglass blade

Attached: jon_daenerys.jpg (1200x600, 104K)

How long before Jon kills himself from the guilt? A punisher man denied his waifu and his throne, while his fat friend gets to continue oathbreaking for no reason.

Nice one, George.

Attached: mOnvOJG.png (2271x2380, 298K)

Cute! Shame the character was so shit.

hold a nigger moment... isn't the entire conflict with the wildlings that they wanted lands to the south? why the fuck did they willingly went back north of the wall after all that struggle?

Are you woman or faggots? Because i look like this fucking faggot and people say im ugly

Faggot, sorry.

They dun wan it after all

Not bad I'd say.

Attached: Danytrannys btfo.png (1592x918, 479K)

Luwigi!

Attached: 1559022679054.jpg (275x446, 46K)

Good taste. Euron's character was pretty stupid I agree. but at least it was entertaining to watch him say stupid shit.
also, I want to pinch his chubby cheeks

you must be a top tier qt, user. Also don't insult Pilou.

Attached: 23-got-ep-5-005.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 151K)

He's going to throw himself off The Wall once he realizes how his mere existence was the end result of the deaths of tens of thousands of people, and that his biggest achievement in life is killing his aunt.

He better kill a white walker or two in the books to get a sense of accomplishment.

and that’s a good thing

Attached: F545D7E0-8F6B-413E-9F17-EA5278290E17.png (2048x1334, 2.96M)

first for Gendry, true heir to the throne

Attached: 682557053ccc44f9225515daca3fdcf046ca81afv2_hq.jpg (732x411, 34K)

They left the north because they were fleeing The Night King. Doubtless many stayed. But now that NK is dead, theres nothing wrong with North of the wall and it might be preferable than kneeling to Bran the Broken.
Plus, they not-so-subtly imply that the climate north of the wall will be less harsh now and crops can grow better.

>true heir to the throne
That's Shireen

Attached: d5ekh0m-0ff31469-ef8d-4cdb-a364-82bf78e0f03c.jpg (585x900, 126K)

>wins the Jonbowl
>nothin personnel auntiefags

Attached: Val.jpg (300x462, 45K)

With all of Sam's oathbreaking they might as well have named him lord of Highgarden and Warden of the South rather than giving that to Bronn for no reason

Settling worked out for Robert and Cersei, am I right?

How can the people of Westeros accept Bran as king?
He is a vassal of the Old Gods with powers of the Three Eyed Raven but everyone outside the North doesn't believe that shit/considers it heresy since they follow the Seven. Does religion just not matter anymore? In history kings (and especially queens) of different religious denominations from the general populace caused great strife to their kingdoms. Are we seriously supposed to believe everyone lived happily ever after?

Nah she'll marry fAegon.

They know that they are better off freezing their balls off in the most unlivable frozen shithole in the world than living under Sansa's rule

Dany is cute

He won't. They changed Jon's character to him wanting to be with the Wildlings beyond the Wall. So he too got a Disney ending

>How can the people of Westeros accept Bran as king?
The world will never know.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x281, 847K)

>Is a bitch to based Shireen
>Will probably get raped by the Night's watchmen while Jon is dead
>Can't scratch GRRM's incest fetish

She's shit, Dany is Jon's true love

religion in GoT actually works

But several Kings Beyond the Wall tried to get South when the Walkers weren't even active. They've always wanted to be South

I WANT TO SEE THE FAT MAN WRITE

Soon user.

Sansa is cute.

Except for the Seven

not canon

I'm an atheist but even I would be Rh'llorfag after witnessing all the shit red priests have pulled.

Davos prays to the Mother to save him in ASOS right before he gets picked up though

>tries to get her "brother" and thousands of Northerners killed by lying on multiple occasions for no reason and for no gain
>becomes a queen anyway
Nothin personnel, kid.

Attached: QueenSansa.PNG.png (301x426, 195K)

Salladhor Saan's ships looking for survivors in the aftermath of the battle is not a fucking miracle, septon user

Churning out assassin shadow babies, seeing the future and bringing back the dead are miracles

tully genes

LOOK HOW THEY MASSACRED MY BOY
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHH

Attached: 1543409837691.png (590x559, 480K)

>Sansa Queen
>Bran King
>Jon banished to the wall
>Catelyn Tully won the game of thrones

How could this have happened

Attached: 5678507.jpg (968x681, 124K)

Don't worry, she'll be Yara's saltwife within a year.

Prayed to the right gods.

I need images of manlet Kit

Attached: km3nffe560031.jpg (1847x1147, 83K)

Are the Northerners not gonna remember that the Starks conquered them, forcibly made them bend the knee then raped their daughters to get their lands and that with Sansa dead they can become independent?

Sansa's a green girl, she doesn't know how to rule or lead men to war. Just how to run an actual castle

this show fucked me up
Maisie and Gwen are considered ugly, but they still make my dick diamonds

I miss him so much... so much, lads.

Attached: gettyimages-76571860-2048x2048.jpg (1365x2048, 1.42M)

Even in the books, all the Northerners (except the Boltons and Karstarks) are fanatically loyal to the Starks. Stannis is able to recruit Northern lords to fight on his side for the sole purpose of rescuing "Ned's little girl". The Northerners are loyal to the Starks.

>the Starks conquered them, forcibly made them bend the knee then raped their daughters to get their lands
Literally 8,000 years before the events of ASOIAF. Nobody holds a grudge that long. The Romans conquered and raped the hell out of Northern Italy 2,100 years ago, ask anyone in Italy today if they give a shit.

>Gwen
Yes!

>Maisie
No!

Attached: j9t5g6izu4q21.jpg (861x1200, 216K)

Don't forgot >axed Lady Stoneheart storyline
By doing so she becomes more of martyr rather than something you'd want to see die.

>GoT is often held up as having very complicated or intricate political intrigue. This is very silly. We’re dealing with a very homogenous world with few major threats. How can I say this? Simple: it’s far too easy to control.
>Consider the Targaryen dynasty. They lasted 283 years on the Iron Throne, with 17 rules, for an average of 17 years of reign per ruler. That is incredibly implausible, even with fire-breathing dragons. Consider the Roman Empire, a similarly vast political entity: no dynasty ever lasted more than 15 rulers, and no direct descendant dynasty lasted more than eight rulers. The longest-lived dynasty were either the Julio-Claudians or the Nerva-Antonines, both of whom used adoption extensively, neither of whom lasted even 100 years. But their average reigns were 19 and 14 years, so that makes 17-year-average sound reasonable.
Boy, this is an entertaining read. The fat man might be a hack after all.

Attached: 1560052822971.jpg (960x720, 281K)

>Jaime and Cersei dead
>Tyrion is now the hand that wipes Bran's ass
>Petyr dead and cucked
>Ned never broke his vows

In my latest CK2 playthrough, Dany claimed the Iron Throne and died at age 101. Her son Galeon, already aged 65, only ruled a few years before he died. Now the Seven Kingdoms are ruled by his son, a baby less than a year old.

Way to go, mom.

Attached: danyblack.jpg (2000x1333, 723K)

>Boy, this is an entertaining read.
>The fat man might be a hack after all.
Did you seriously just realise this? How did you not naturally come to these blatant conclusions on your own?

luv da norf
luv ma qween
luv winnerfel

ate da souf
ate lannys
ate da frone

>He is a vassal of the Old Gods

And KL literally just had a hostile coup based on appealing to the devotion of the smallfolk using The Seven. And the devout king with the name “the blessed” is still viewed as one of the GOAT rulers.
I know they were pushing the “mob is fickle” meme but really

LSH is pretty kickass though. Cat in general is a weird one. Sure, the show cut out her worst moment to make her more likable, but it also cut out a lot of her best. You'd never tell she's a major POV just by watching the show.

Why exactly are all these houses so fanatically loyal to the Starks yet other Kingdoms Houses are out for themselves?

Take Robert's Rebellion or the Blackfyre Rebellion, multiple houses from each of the kingdoms go against their liege lord or the crown to benefit themselves yet everyone in the North recognizes only the Starks and loves them. George is a fucking hack. Where's the realism. There should be more Houses like the Boltons except not as obviously evil so their attempts to get power aren't made black/white compared to the rest.

And 8,000 years or not, Houses should always have their own best interests in line. Sansa has no money, no food, no army but what lords decide to remain loyal. With Umbers, Karstarks and Boltons dead and Boltons having already fucked the few Stark men Rodick could get along with Red Wedding losses, Manderlys should be the real power in the North now

Dont forget
>her sworn sword is now the best fighter in the 7 kingdoms and protects her son

muh honor
muh old gods
muh wall

>Targs are unrealistic
>meanwhile Starks hold the North for like 10000 years

Because Martin wrote them as the eternal powerhouse. They’re the default and generic good guys and superheroes of the story. Absolutely nothing about his world makes any sense. His story is an utter failure and all the years he spent allegedly studying medieval history amounted to nothing.

Stoneheart is based, the Frey and Lannister shits deserved it.

That was literally hundreds of years ago. And they probably wanted plunder like the iron islanders rather than to actually settle the land

The Starks are heavily linked with the old gods so they have a religious aspect involved. Also in terms of recent events, Ned was such a beloved ruler and commanded so much repsect that the North is willing to go to extreme lengths in order to help his children, as seen with the mountain clans having their main motivation as saving "ned's girl"

Sansa is cute. Dany is regal.

Good religions know how to plan for this scenario. Jesus prophesized pretenders and false saviors working through Satan

>Someone taller
>He's too little for me
>You used to be taller
>What kind of god would have a pecker that small?

Attached: 1560363649925.jpg (955x1195, 798K)

These are all contrived reasons. Martin just favours the Starks more than any other house, that’s it. He writes like a child and his entire world is poorly crafted and senseless.

>Starks are heavily linked with the old gods so they have a religious aspect involved
Except Starks historically killed wargs, greenseers and Children of the Forest. See Brandon Bloody Blade, see Warg King, see Marsh King. Everyone follows the Old gods but everyone South followed the Seven and the South has Houses fighting and backstabbing each other if need be

>Ned was such a beloved ruler and commanded so much repsect
Respect from doing what? What was his tax policy? What did he actually do that everyone loves him so much? His personality was entirely shaped by Jon Arryn yet Jon arryn even after years of ruling the Vale still had Houses there supporting the Mad King that he had to fight

What’s her worst moment? When she tells Jon he should have been the one to be crippled, just to be a bitch?

Archives are your friend.

>We see the same thing with the rise of Robert Baratheon. What, he can just beat the Targaryens and that makes him King? Psh, yeah right. That’s incredibly silly. That’s not how feudalism works. In the truly dynamic setting of a truly Medieval society spanning an entire continent, the end of the Targaryens would be the end of a united Westeros.
>Now real fans may say, “But that is what we’re seeing! The end of a united Westeros!” maybe, but it makes little sense that it came after the death of Robert Baratheon, instead of after the end of the Targaryens monarchy.

Attached: wh97js9kxq131.jpg (680x669, 71K)

lost

That's the one, yeah.

Attached: 1558170197814.jpg (848x480, 29K)

Everything is a contrived reason for everything because he literally made the whole universe up.

If he says the Stark lineage to the first men gives them extra clout, that’s just the way it is

>that's not how feudalism works
AHEM
*conquers your isle*
nothing personal, anglos

Attached: 1547772735063.jpg (810x493, 127K)

>looks at you
what do

Attached: 1558344198817.png (1337x1003, 1.29M)

Can’t we just assume Ned’s father was pretty decent as well and they might love Ned initially for his Father’s sake? Then Roberts rebellion didn’t touch the North at all and just won them vengeance and glory. Then Ned had a prosperous peacetime rule that coincided with a really long Summer.
That’s really all you need; looking at the other houses, the bar is set pretty low.

The real question is why Ned and his Father both sat around and let the Night’s Watch go to ruin

Showfags I swear.
All Baratheons have Targaryen blood in their veins from generations ago of a marriage to a Targ, no matter how minuscule it is, they have a claim. This is precisely what Mel means by King's blood as well since Valyrians were known blood magic users and have some special genes when it comes to Rhollor and Red Magic.

offer marriage of alliances. We'll join our Houses, as far as Jon was concerned at this point

Attached: Pregnancy subverted.jpg (640x953, 131K)

>Showfags I swear.

Yea Forums - Television & Film

Sup newfag.

This explains so much of what we could already infer

It might be seen as a hostile act by other houses if they started buffing the Watch all on their own

>They outright state in Season 7 that Dany being barren is a suspect claim at best
>Jon and Dany have sex
>Dany acts overemotionally, irrationally and possibly hormonal
>In Season 2 Jon mentions how he swore never to father a bastard
>Jon kills Dany

Put that information together how you will

Why didn't they try to have him play a similar role to fAegon in the show if they weren't going to include the character?

D&D were either actively misleading with how they handled the latter half of the series, completely incompetent, or both. There is no excuse for the myriad of dropped or reversed plotlines.

They lost Rickard, Brandon and Lyanna, didn't actually take down Rhaegar or the Mad King, so what glory and vengeance?

And decent based on what? What do we know about Rickard's rule that would also make Ned's rule a good one where everyone loves him these years later cause of his dad? What do we know about Ned's rule that makes everyone love him too? And Jon Arryn was old and had been ruling for years and years in the Vale where he shares the same religion as his people too and there were still houses loyal to the Mad King despite Ned and Robert both allegedly being loved in the Vale. North is completely unrealistic, as is anything pertaining the Starks' rule and the people's love for them and continued loyalty.

You remember that shit Viserys told Dany about people wanting their rightful ruler back, calling the next family usurpers and drinking secret toasts to their health. That's exactly what George has people doing with the Starks right now. The favoritism is unreal, fucking Manderlys are killing people and making them into pies, working with anyone they can and conspiring to place Starks back in power. Meanwhile no one gives a shit about Sweetrobin and are practically acting like he's just an obstacle to Harry's inevitable rule, where's the love?

expectations subverted

read the books already

Attached: af40df41077d236e58644a916ec17e55.jpg (1920x1080, 230K)

Or they could have had Stannis win the throne by the time Daenerys lands on Dragonstone. I'm not even a Stannisfag, but if there's no fAegon equivalent, just have Stannis as a stand-in. I know the showrunners don't like the Stannis character and love Lena Headey, but they just had no explanation for why Cersei was on the throne. The King's Landing plot was so thin that she doesn't even appear in two episodes in a six episode final season, and she appears as a corpse in one of the others.

>generations ago
>minuscule
It was literally two generations ago.

Like I said before his integration with the mountain clans was a pretty good example of how Ned interacted with his subjects and vassal lords. He visited and had face to face interactions with them.
Same goes with most other nobles with the exception of Roose and Barbery Dustin (though she was just salty over Catelyn).
Also do you think it was a coincidence that a direwolf was randomely south of the wall and gave birth to 6 wolves, one for each of ned's kids and they all have warg links with those wolves.

the Arryns were Andal invaders, Royces are the OG kings of the vale

Attached: 1561216564214.jpg (1772x1030, 559K)

>I have a son, you have a daughter, we'll join our hou- oh, wait

Attached: aerys_rhaegar.png (504x442, 457K)

>we never got to see Dany in armor
Fuck man, Lyanna Mormont had like less than a minute of screen time fighting and they prepared some for her.

Attached: 1561317497009.jpg (1200x967, 130K)

>hey kit can you take a picture for my cute, non alcoholic boyfriend?
>sure thing emilia, a-anything for you...

To be fair, most of Cat's ACOK and ASOS chapters are about completely different characters and events that don't have much to do with her like how she got to witness Renly being a fag that cared more about partying than about winning the war, the Baratheonbowl, Renly's murder and later getting front row seats to watch Robb crash and burn.

>Thanks Kit, user will love it

Gone too soon

Attached: come-join-us-ight-king-our-grieving-continues-55906580.png (500x567, 158K)

Integration by doing what? How and in what way did he integrate the Mountain clans?
And they came to him, not the other way around based on what Arya says about Ned talking to people. And other Houses do the same shit too, hosting tourneys, events, falconry, hawking, multiple marriages into other Houses, yet still each Kingdom in the South has Houses that will and have turned if they thought they could grab power or get advantage.

I didn't say anything about coincidence but knowing this ending everything George ever said about realism, history, how to rule, etc. is complete bullshit. Starks are the winners, Starks are wise and special and so is the North cause everyone is pure and honest there, real down to earth people except for those evil evil Boltons who flay and hunt people. They're loved just because, they're great rulers just because, they're competent just because. George is a hack

I wish we saw Jon in armor that wasn't just boring-ass leather North shit. Northerners had some of the worst costume design in the show honestly

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: z6fmzhawwfhz.jpg (994x1200, 206K)

>Be Kit at the emmys
>Sit next to Rose, across from Emilia
>Watch Rose all night as she keeps nervously moving her eyes between you and the wine bottle
>Look across the table and see Emilia just smile
>Sigh

So? Houses in the North were independent until Starks exterminated them or forced them to bend the knee, why aren't they also resentful like the Boltons were and are or the Royces in your eyes are now? It's been thousands of years.

AHAHA FAGOT

Attached: Orson Welles.jpg (300x370, 26K)

youtube.com/watch?v=dU9VqYBekhs
Holy shit, Stannis' resurrection for Season 9 looks great.

Attached: man in black with dolores westworld.png (2144x1608, 1.7M)

Most houses seem autistically loyal to their liege lords even more than to the Iron Throne.

Just look how the entire South was completely willing to shit all over the line of succession just because Mace wanted his daughter to be queen and the Stormlands did the same
by supporting Renly despite Joff being widely regarded to be Robert's true heir at the moment. And we also had all of the Iron Islands deciding to follow Balon's retardation twice.

The only actual betrayals we ever had to a liege lord came from the Freys and the Boltons and a few Vale and Stormlands houses during Bobby's rebellion

>Or they could have had Stannis win the throne by the time Daenerys lands on Dragonstone. I'm not even a Stannisfag, but if there's no fAegon equivalent, just have Stannis as a stand-in.
>Stannis replacing fAegon
I like this, but what would happen with Shireen, Selyse, Melisandre? Does Shireen get burned as normal, but then he takes Winterfell?

Ned visited the mountain clans which no Stark had done since Torrhen. They marched with Stannis because of their respect for Ned. They sent men south with Robb because of their respect for Ned.
>Starks are the winners, Starks are wise and special and so is the North cause everyone is pure and honest there
Ah yes because Robb was very wise and was a good ruler.
Rickon isn't a cannibal wildling atm.
Bran isn't getting corrupted by bloodraven and isn't currently eating people.
Arya definitely isn't a psychopathic child assassin.
Jon hasn't been stabbed to death.

Dany burns her

But having a small dick compared to Tormund is like being short compared to the Mountain

GRRM is a mid-century raised American who thinks theres an inherent moral virtue in living in a rural backland than a “corrupting and decadent” city like Kings Landing or Highgarden.
Zoomers who measure success by proximity to Starbucks and Chipotle don’t understand.

its why there's a hierarchy in feudalism
imagine if every baron of bumfuck nowhere had to pay direct allegiance to the king of France or the HRE

>Most houses seem autistically loyal to their liege lords even more than to the Iron Throne.
But Houses are also loyal to themselves even if it means they have to go against the liege lord or the Crown. See Blackfyre Rebellions, see Reynes, see Vulture King. And you can try to say few if you want but that's still better than the North where everyone except the evil, evil murderous, first night following people flaying Boltons who need the crown to hold hostages for people not to kill them

Night's Watch went to ruin because its retarded vows, unbearable weather and White Walkers being reduced to legend turned them all into a border patrol against wildlings that are honestly more civilized than the ironniggers who get to be citizens of the realm. So thousands of years later it's only held together by the honor meme and by turning it into a glorified penal colony.

Maybe if someone had decided ages before that the brothers should be allowed to hold lands and wives, and not having to do it all >for free then it wouldn't be such a shithole.

So based on one visit all these fucks love them? LMAO. Guess Jon Arryn should've visited the Mountain Clans or Ned should've visited the Boltons more and no one would ever rebel or care about their houses first and foremost.

>Ah yes because Robb was very wise and was a good ruler.
Robb got fucked by people acting dishonorably and doing something literally no one would foresee or expect since guest right is major. He died for reasons out of his control and because other people were less honorable, that makes the others looks bad, but not Robb himself and in some ways reinforces how good and honest the Starks and North are supposed to be.

>Rickon isn't a cannibal wildling atm.
We haven't even seen Rickon yet on Skagos and we don't know his endgame. And even if he dies he was never a major factor

>Bran isn't getting corrupted by bloodraven and isn't currently eating people.
eating dead Watch members unknowingly, jojen paste is a theory and corrupted according to who? He'll be made king adn it'll be a sign of progress and the Starks taking over cause it's their time now

>Arya definitely isn't a psychopathic child assassin.
Who'll suffer no consequences and get to be free exactly as she's always wanted after getting to also reunite with her family

>Jon hasn't been stabbed to death
And he'll come right back and thanks to being a warg he won't lose as much as Beric did, thank you George for that loophole. And he died because he wanted to do the right thing and others were traitors, don't pretend everyone who reads the books isn't supposed to be on Jon's side when he gets stabbed and doesn't want the conspirators dead. And with only 2 books left the romance with Dany based on the show will be rushed and bordering on Jon just using her just for him to wind up happy and free from obligations and duty north of the Wall.

He's going to pull a Henry Tudor and become the bastard who reclaims his families throne

He establishes set rules for Westerosi culture and subverts them to the point where they’re useless as plot devices.
Welching on your duty to you leige lord is supposed to be a big cultural taboo, like incest, Kingslaying and cannibalism. Once you do it your reputation will never be the same and your basically a pariah and a sinner. Every influential person in Westeros has motivation to uphold this as a law and cultural norm.
But it doesn’t matter because everybody in the story does it. Robbs bannermen are the only group in the series who just take up arms and march out of a sense of duty to House Stark.
Frey, Tyrell, Arryn, Greyjoy and others just do whatever they want and change it from a reliable plot mechanism and narrative restriction to just a myth.
By the end, Sansa and Jon are reduced to reminding people, “it’s different in the North!”

So he'll kill Bran but who is he supposed to marry as his Elizabeth of York if Bran has no heir?

Let's be real, the Targaryen blood was just some bullshit excuse to make Robert's coronation more legit in the eyes of the people that might give a shit about kings being divine.

They completely overthrew the Targaryens via war, killed everyone with that last name and replaced them with a Baratheon dynasty that was intended to keep holding the throne via Robert's Baratheon sons and their sons for the rest of history.

If they actually gave a shit about rightful claims they would have had Robert change his name instead of filling all of King's Landing with crowned stag flags.

>Robb got fucked by people acting dishonorably

Robb himself won like three indecisive battles. He got his situation fucked by being like 15 and having key bannermen desert him because he couldn’t control his mother. And he let the honor meme compel him to marry the girl he fucked because he was 15 and it was a girl in his bedroom.

There is no perfect king; Stannis isn’t likeable, Renly isn’t responsible or dutiful, Bobby just isn’t very smart. Robbs flaw was inexperience and youth and it destroyed his cause.
He only went to the Red Wedding because his cause was a forlorn hope and he had to truckle to the Freys

So does the every time a Targaryen is born meme only apply to those actually named Targaryen?

Cause Steffon Baratheon wasn't crazy (50% diluted Targ), Orys wasn't (50% incest Targ), Robert, Stannis and Renly weren't (25% diluted Targ), Jon wasn't (50% incest Targ), but Dany, Viserys and Aerys were.

>the gods flip a coin

Orys went crazy at the end of his life and hsd an obsession with cutting peoples arms and legs off

Somebody went examined Targaryen after Targaryen and came to the conclusion that nowhere near 50% of them were mad.

>he couldn’t control his mother.
Yes, his dishonorable mother who values family over duty or honor.

>And he let the honor meme compel him to marry the girl he fucked because he was 15 and it was a girl in his bedroom.
Yes, a southern girl who's family was plotting to fuck him over and get his side killed. Robb is literally not a bad guy or supposed to be a bad guy in the reader's eyes. He's the stereotypical hero, and he dies to nefarious evil "real" Southern people. But he's still a paragorn and someone we're supposed to feel sad for and say fuck those people and those people will indeed be fucked and reap what they sowed.

No perfect king except the Starks so long as everyone acts as honest and honorable as the people in the North except Boltons

Show Arya is not book Arya

So how come so few were mad and so few were great?

That fucker took his hand even after getting that ransom money, usury is a thing, that's payback

I know, I'm trying to get a discussion going to point out how that line is bullshit

It's never expilicitly stated what Ned did on those visits to the clans but he clearly made some kind of impression to ensure their loyalty

Were they plotting to fuck over Robb before The Red Wedding? I read it as the mother was a social climber who engineered the close proximity of Jeyne and Robb so her family could be a big deal if he won.
Then it turns out she was just hedging her bets and brewing moon tea in case Robb lost.

either sansa or yara for an alliance

Because all actors hate wearing armor. NCW said that the only reason he was glad the show was over was because he wouldn't have to wear the heavy Lannister or Kingsguard armor ever again.

That's why D&D threw him and Sandor's actor a bone by having them wear just leather in their last season.

I think the only one that stuck with armor all the way until the end was Gwendoline.

Is the ability to skinchange into birds overpowered? You can literally communicate with all your allies in a quick manner, spy on all your enemies, and peck their eyes if you want them to be dealt with

Book Arya isn't suffering at this point either. She's secretly killing people and has an easy out whenever she wants it if she wants to be a courtesan for example, This assassin cult is very friendly. You already know she'll pull away before violence and revenge consumes her.

He also decided to absolutely slate Edmure for holding off Tywin because Edmure failed to telepathically communicate with him over letting Tywin go to the west

well if that Mercy chapter in winds is any indication shes quite far away from reaching that salvation

Karstarks and Boltons still make more great houses to betray the Starks than there were Stormlands or Reach houses that betrayed Renly over his completely bullshit coronation.

Not even to real Targs either. Maegor I, Aerion Brightflame and Aerys II are the only certifiable lunatics. Aegon I, Jahaerys I, Good Queen Alysanne, Daeron I and II, Baelor I, Baelor Breakspear, Aemon the Dragon Knight, Aegon V, Raegar could be considered "great" in their own ways. The rest range somewhere in between and all in different circumstances, every Targ during the Dance does crazy shit but it was crazy times.

So the Mountain Clans do pretty much like Ned just because. We get no details but they love him anyway. So as George would ask, what was his tax policy?

>Were they plotting to fuck over Robb before The Red Wedding?
Yes, the fertility potion Jeyne was drinking was actually moon tea so she wouldn't get pregnant and Grey Wind didn't like the Westerlings, and we learn they were arranging favorable marriages I believe for their participation in taking down Robb.

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, fuck Stannis.

Attached: ygritte.jpg (450x350, 104K)

i swear orys just went around cutting limbs off like the mad king burning people and just got obsessed with it

Most of the kings themselves weren't mad except for Maegor, Baelor, Aegon IV and Aerys II.

But there were other mad Targs like the one that drank wildfire to become a dragon or Egg's brother that wanted to cut off his dick so he could pretend that he is his sister.

Ygritte's death was my favorite scene in the show. Why was she so annoying?

Don't speak ill of the dead

Ygritte was the absolute worst character in the entire series and her “romance” with Jon was fucking pathetic.

Cum in my pants

Baelor I was fucking insane

Her voice sounds like she has throat cancer. She also adds absolutely nothing and she was fucking insufferable and just some overtly sexual pervy taunting wildling chick who was there just to fuck Jon. Same with Gilly, except Gilly is slightly more bearable than Ygritte.

Catchphrases shouldn't be a thing outside of sitcoms

And yet we know she will because she's a Stark, is George's wife's favorite character and the show has spoiled her ending.

Karstarks and Boltons aren't Great Houses. Boltons are also as I described an exception that proves the rule since they are evil, evil murderous people who rape, skin their enemies and hunt down women and love bestiality. Karstarks turned, but just abandoned, didn't actively fight Robb and now Alys is amendable and willing and okay with shit and it's her evil wife murdering "uncle" who wants to get the new heir killed and kill her too that's in the way. And Reach Houses not betraying the Tyrells and Renly is one instance of everyone just working together and yet the Golden Company will indeed have friends in the Reach to turn on the rest and historically the Reach has been split too when it comes to other wars.

Nah, it was focused entirely on the Wyl of Wyl and then his kid

She worked very well at showing Jon exactly what he was giving up by taking The Black. Imagine voluntarily going there while still being a virgin; even Benjen says as much.
I know Jon had bastard angst but one major failing of both GRRM and D&D is the failure to sell anyone on why he wants to be part of that shithole.
In the books it looks even more sleazy since it comes up in Ned’s mind as an elegant solution for when he can’t take Jon to KL and can’t leave him alone with Catelyn. There’s no way Ned could have seriously thought Jon would be happy at the wall in five years given what he knows.

>“His natural daughter?” Lady Sybell looked as if she had swallowed a lemon. “You want a Westerling to wed a bastard?” “No more than I want Joy to marry the son of some scheming turncloak bitch. She deserves better.” Jaime would happily have strangled the woman with her seashell necklace. Joy was a sweet child, albeit a lonely one; her father had been Jaime’s favorite uncle. “Your daughter is worth ten of you, my lady. You’ll leave with Edmure and Ser Forley on the morrow. Until then, you would do well to stay out of my sight.” He shouted for a guardsman, and Lady Sybell went off with her lips pressed primly together.
Based Jaime putting Sybell in her place

The point is that incest makes Targs go crazy. So the ones that aren’t inbred don’t

Blame GRRM for that one.

Attached: grrm.jpg (645x729, 124K)

John was naive and bought into the memes that the Night's Watch was anything but a dumping ground for the shitheels no one else wanted to deal with. He spends a good portion of season 1 and the first book being miserable and trying to escape.

>why he wants to be part of that shithole.
He fell for the honor meme and wanted to make something out of himself rather than spending his entire life cleaning Ned and Robb's boots while Cat scorns at him for existing.

But he lucked at joining it right when the white walkers were returning and when a King Beyond the Wall united every single wildling tribe instead of spending his entire life just freezing his balls off and kicking a few wildlings off the wall.

Why didn't Uncle Ben tell him? What a dick

I would be reading "Don't Kill Yourself" books every day if I had to be Jon in George's ending. Shit sucks anyway one slices it.

Aerion was crazy and his parents and grandparents weren't siblings or related at all. his older brother Daeron was a drunk with dragon dreams who fucked whores and died of pox. And very few Targs incest or no were crazy, yet Aerys scored 2 or 3 of 3 (depending on perspective) of his children that weren't stillborn, miscarried or died of crib death

AFFC Jaime is on a really high horse for someone that spent 13 years fucking his king's wife and fathering her children

I legit hope Jaime dies in the books quicker than in the show.

He did though

This. I can never understand Jaimefags who ignore he willingly subjected the Crown to a succession crisis then tried to and did kill to prop up his bastards

Starks are blind to how much of a shithole the Night's Watch is because of muh honor and tradition.

Benjen did warn him that he was too young to join and about all the things he'd be abandoning but Jon just said "I WAN ET"

t. Dany

>YER MAH KWEEN
GOAT dialogue, literal 10/10.

Wasnt worse than Dany's

TRIGGER WARNING FOR JONERYSFAGS

Attached: jongritte.jpg (546x760, 200K)

>willingly subjected the Crown to a succession crisis
How does that have anything to do with Jamie?

>impregnate the Queen three times
>abort the one kid Robert could've had of his own blood
>lol I'll just hope no one ever finds out
>lol I'll just hope no one ever catches me fucking my sister too
Jaime a shit

yeah he's kinda developing away from being that Jaime tho

Jaime and Cersei are both cringe to the max. Hell, most Lannisfags are.

How do you get Jon away from the Night's Watch? He always stays there in my games and can't marry.

>Even with Ygritte sleeping beside him, he felt alone.
Jon needs his incest, user. Bad things happen when Targaryens don't get their incest.

Yeah, by running away from the mess he caused

Developing away yet shows no remorse for any of this or for the shit that resulted from it including all the death and destruction in the Riverlands he's trying to put back under Lannister rule. He loved Cersei, and tens or hundreds of thousands died and continue dying for it.

Egg seemed pretty ok despite cucking his sister

he's literally going around the riverlands attempting to officially end the war as peacefully as he possibly can

He didn't try very hard

This. if Jaime was 'developing' in any way, he should either surrender to Stannis or go join the Night's Watch.

Jon was a dumb kid and there wasn't exactly much Benjen could do besides tell him it was a bad idea.

>Targaryens
I don't want it, though.

Attached: never ever.jpg (1911x1071, 817K)

Old Jaime would have absolutely ravaged his way through the riverlands, executing everybody on sight but now he's trying to peacefully resolve everything. That's growth

>blaming jamie for loving his sister too much
Yeah, he was cocky we all know that.
But like I said, nothing to do with him, he couldn't have predicted that joffrey would be a complete twat, he wasn't the one who raised the kid and he is right for feeling no remorse over it.

Why? It has nothing to do with him.

He doesn't care that much about peace or about saving lives; he cared about not turning fighting at Riverrun because otherwise he'd be breaking part of his oath to Cat.

He just wants to keep himself occupied, to make a new name for himself other than Kingslayer and to be far away from Cersei because he is pissed about her cheating on him.

If Joffrey was trueborn for real, Stannis would've smashed all opposition in his name, preventing the War of Five Kings from getting off the ground. Mel would've still shadow babied Renly, giving Stannis the Stormlands as trueborn Joffrey's loyal follower. Tyrells would've married Marge to Joff still, he still probably gets assassinated for trueborn Tommen.

It doesn't matter Joffrey was a cunt, it matters that he was an incest baby.

When is Sansa or her kid gonna claim the Riverlands as part of their kingdom because they bent the knee to Robb? Sansa could also make the argument that since Cat was Hoster's eldest child that Cat's heir should be heir to Riverrun now and Edmure is a weak ineffective Lord.

Growth where Lannisters are imposing their will on others using a bastard pretender?

Yes it does have to do with him. Joffrey and the rest are his kids, he willingly put bastards on the throne and helped prevent trueborns from being born and inheriting. Joffrey being a cunt or not, Jaime not caring that it was a bastard and kept fucking his sister meant he didn't care about consequences he knows are obvious. That he kept killing and threatening to kill to support this meant he didn't give a shit. And he still doesn't give a shit

You should've tried harder

It is growth but it is not about him turning into some noble hero that lives to protect the innocents like a lot of Jaimefags pretend. It is more about finding himself in a world where he is no longer good at the only thing he was good at and where he no longer cares about the only things he cared about (Cersei's pussy and fighting).

He still kept the quips which were like his third favorite thing.

He also couldn't predict that Joffrey would be the first born or that robert would have no legitimate children.
It wouldn't even have been a problem if the secret didn't get out.

Because they totally wouldn't go after cersei if he let them take the throne. Only a cuck would think that the realm should come before those you love.

Sansa can't do shit as long as she keeps being Sansa Lannister and Petyr's cocksleeve.

I don’t think Renly would’ve been killed just so Stannis could get Storm’s End. Cunt or no, if Joffrey was trueborn Stannis would petition to have him set things to right and would abide by his decision if he was refused.
Ironically though, Cersei might not have liked Joffrey if he was trueborn, stayed away from him, and maybe he wouldn’t have been a sociopath

Attached: the thing.jpg (750x1182, 429K)

I mean if Renly still rebelled along with the Tyrells. Otherwise Stannis would do his duty and not touch him.

>Only a cuck would think that the realm should come before those you love.
Only a retard would willingly make a family and put them at risk every fucking day just by existing so they can fuck and be the only one to impregnate their sister.

Attached: 1557618752529.jpg (700x700, 62K)

Wait if I'm Rhaegar's son, I technically no longer have a claim to Winterfell... do I take the black again?

Attached: time to go back boys.jpg (1911x1071, 794K)

Cersei's narcissism would have never allowed her to bear the kids of the man who would rather be fucking some dead northern girl.

I kinda wish I could see her reaction to Jaime and Brienne fucking if that ever happens in the books as well.

>and then Kit said this...

>AH DUHN WAHN EEHT
>NEVA AV

That is an absolutely ludicrous outfit.

Jamie never claimed to be the smart one

Lads...

Attached: 1554874016562.png (1920x1080, 781K)

AH
DUN
WUN
EET

Attached: d6ae4b54a2b60018a775717d0d5ba00a.jpg (1080x1254, 141K)

What happened to based Hobb?

Attached: kitchen closed.webm (1280x720, 690K)

But Book Jon says he wants it
Who am I to believe?

Attached: mounting_a_dragon.jpg (540x692, 116K)

>Fuck me, nephew. Put a baby in me like you promised...

>Promise me, Jon
>Promise me

Attached: boatsex.jpg (564x312, 9K)

Book Jon wants to be a Stark, not a Targshit.

Viserion is the cutest and nicest of the dragons and is probably a girl.

Attached: 21512be2022f.jpg (350x295, 25K)

Book Jon grew up idolizing Targshits.

Yeah his hero is Aemon the Dragonknight

book Jon hero is a Targshit but nt

>crosses the narrow sea to wed Dany
>shows up too late
>dies trying to steal her dragons
Was Quentyn Dany's dumbest legitimate suitor?

>off-hand line
yikes

I mean Victarion is pretty dumb

>implying he'll ever meet Dany

I think he mentions him at least 3 times idk

Which one? And there's a fucking reason Jon didn't want it. This fucking modifier.

Attached: battle of the bastids.jpg (1911x1069, 838K)

kill him

Roose Bolton is a slippery cunt in that game. Half the time he's one of my advisors, the other half he's in open rebellion against me.

If dragons can change their gender does it mean that Dany can grow a penis? Asking for a friend

How come Jon triggered Dany's incest king without even looking like a Targ while Viserys never did?

Attached: Dragonass_aaffdd_6343356.jpg (900x2261, 221K)

>Quentyn
>dead

They're confused, they think north of the Wall is the real north. So they thought "you're welcome to settle in the North" meant "go back where you came from"

That quote is from when Stannis offers to release him from the wall, legitimize him as a Stark and make him lord of Winterfell

It’s the Iron Throne he dun wahn

>The same fans who voice their outrage are likely the very same who’ll be first in line for the new series, books, DVD collections, and whatever else comes next.”
Do they have a point? Are you gonna subscribe for the prequels, user?

He defied her and then "petted her dragon" when she tried to intimidate him. It was a wrap after that.

Actually, no, she was flirting with him in that dragonglass cave before that. She probably just thought he was hot. People have wanted to fuck each other for less.

name a single plot line from season 7 that was relevant in season 8

What was even the point of Quentyn? So Gurm could do some lore dump about Volantis and about Essos' sellsword companies even though Tyrion later spends time both in Volantis and among Essos sellswords?

It just triggers me that worthless characters like him and Areo Hotah get POV chapters, while legit good ones like Stannis and Robb were fucked over by Gurm's retarded NO KING POV rule even though Dany has been one from the very beginning.

>You remember that shit Viserys told Dany about people wanting their rightful ruler back, calling the next family usurpers and drinking secret toasts to their health. That's exactly what George has people doing with the Starks right now. The favoritism is unreal, fucking Manderlys are killing people and making them into pies, working with anyone they can and conspiring to place Starks back in power. Meanwhile no one gives a shit about Sweetrobin and are practically acting like he's just an obstacle to Harry's inevitable rule, where's the love?
They're not doing that out of love for the Starks though. Stark rule is based on centuries of stable feudal relations. Bolton rule is based on murdering a bunch of firstborn sons at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and then telling all the fathers to fall in line

It makes sense that they're just fucking. I can't see them being actually in love though, there was 0 chemistry and it was rushed shit.

Grey Worm and Missandei's romance

Literally just freeing the dragons, I guess. In Winds I assume Dorne will blame her for his death and back fAegon instead, maybe even marrying off Arianne.

I would subsribe for prequels but Long Night starring Summer Islanders feels like the least interesting thing they could ever do.

Except Dany isn't a king...
She's a QUEEN

>Darkstar was too anime for D&D

Heres your first men bro

Attached: B0C403F6-9C5C-485A-ABC0-FE60279EDEE1.jpg (750x445, 57K)

who would play him?

>that scene where Jaime is trying to cut a steak with only 1 hand and really struggling, and Brienne just slams a fork into it so he's able to cut it

Its the little things like this that give me a chuckle

Attached: 1421657233490.jpg (880x880, 72K)

But Jon is already an anime character

Edward Norton

How do you know they're playing first men?

>Dual wielding Arthur Dayne
>Double daggers Tyene
>Dark Souls Cleganebowl, complete with mid-fight boss transformation
>Alien grenade cave goblins
>Benjen's magic fire chain ball

>A guy with a streak in his hair and a corny nickname

simple as.

Gurm keeps dropping hints that it's a series about the Long Night and that was about First Men and Children of The Forest joining forces to kill ice zombies.

please

Too many niggers

Attached: danydisgust.png (696x661, 804K)

So they could also be playing as the children or the NW? I don't see a problem, no need to be triggered until we know what they are actually going to play as.

>Stark rule is based on centuries of stable feudal relations.
Whuch is somehow unlike every other kingdom where the houses have faced defiance and civil war from houses that aren't evil evil flaying, murdering rapists who hunt girls and love bestiality

George is a hack and Stark favoritism and exceptionalism is too strong

People overrate Darkstar as an example of Gurm's characters going to shit after ASOS. He only shows up in one chapter, does nothing except give corny lines, make Arianne wet (which isn't hard since she she also wanted to get fucked by her own uncle), cut a little girl's ear and run away. But at least he is more memorable than Arianne's other friends whose names I can't even remember.

What's your problem with black people?

>cut a little girl's ear
LIES AND SLANDER

The redhead is cute.

>cut a little girl's ear
Wasn't him.

She's the chick from Narnia, right?

Leave the spin off series to me

Attached: MV5BMTQ3OTg0NjI1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQ1MDc0NA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,645,1000_AL_.jpg (645x1000, 83K)

Don't see your point. The Starks has seen rebellions as well, and not just from the Boltons. The present-day loyalty towards them (which is not expressed as "we love the Starks") is reasonable given the circumstances

*have

>Gurm's characters going to shit after ASOS
There's a lot of shit ones like every single Meereneese, most Dornish ones and Cersei's unmemorable small council but some decent ones as well like Vicky, Rodrik the Reader, Ramsay, Lady Dustin, Wyman Manderly, Daven Lannister, Val and Team Griff.

BESSIE
her CV isn't that bad desu

given that the entire emotional impact of the series ultimately laid on the conflict of the iron throne, what the fuck was the point of the white walker plotline? what do they, thematically, represent in the grand scheme of things given what we saw in the show?

They've literally only faced rebellion from the Boltons and at one time the greystarks. Otherwise peaceful competent rule for 8,000 years and unity against enemies that are foreign. Every other house faces rebellion or defiance much more commonly, from more people and still have houses that despite competent rule are out for themselves without being black and white evil like the Boltons

Post book related art

Attached: 2011625B-875D-4EAA-84A5-855FA3EAC767.jpg (868x474, 64K)

Attached: RCO018_w.jpg (1016x1600, 563K)

That's too big to be Needle

>george has said he regrets writing this
I can see why.

>acrobat Tyrion
god reading that was so cringy looking back

Doesn't the official book needle from that Valyrian steel website kind of look like it?

It's a really poor way to introduce a character that hasn't got "sick acrobatic skills" as one of his most relevant traits.

But he ended up turning Tyrion into a sort of circus artist in ADWD so he can't regret it completely.

Heres your Sword of the Morning bro

And thats a good thing

Attached: 867E33FB-F267-43CC-AAAD-205D46539378.png (723x944, 570K)

*Swords of the Morning

Lol, and why chop it into 4 panels?

>the greatest swordsman that ever lived got stabbed in the back by a manlet?

Attached: 1505588917346.jpg (1200x675, 66K)

i thought the insults Lady Manderly (iirc) tossed at Davos were pretty cutting
>an admiral without ships, a Hand without fingers

based Hound-react poster

>lol just paint a sun on it

>brandon stark knelt to conqueror aegon targaryen
>aegon v sends bloodraven to wall for kinslaying, then becomes 3eR
>aegon targaryen (now banished for kinslaying) knelt to wise bran stark (new 3eR)

is this good storytelling, or a symbolical facade akin to the ring theory with star wars?

Torrhen Stark was the one who knelt to Aegon I

So it's all a plot by Bloodraven to get revenge? And no, it's shit and likely unintentional like most of the implications and visuals in this finale

I miss Joff, he always got the best OC scenes

youtube.com/watch?v=oXmQN7rPq8A

>someone forgot to write down all your great deeds
Joffrey was probably the best character in the entire show. His surprise execution of Ned is such a kino scene

There have been other rebellions: from the Skagosi, in the lands now held by Karstark, in the Rills. The point of mentioning these briefly is to show that there's a variety of events and conflicts, as there should be in a history thousands of years long. You can picture rebellions from Manderlys, Umbers, Cassels, etc., unless someone is specifically mentioned to have always been 100% loyal. But ultimately the backstory is there to serve the present story, like how the story of Wolf's Den is told to develop the Manderly situation. The Boltons are the primary northern rivals to the Starks and the backstory is developed to reflect and amplify that, with a long history of conflict. Doesn't mean other houses haven't rebelled

What did Sansa do plot wise at all during the entire show? Her whole character could be deleted after Ned's head gets lopped off and almost nothing would change.

Not a single main female character was raped, nor would they have ever felt they had been.

Jaime should've just died charging Dany. He added nothing to the show afterwards.

Jon had no reason to exist as a character either. He didn't save the wall (Stannis did), he didn't save winterfell (Littlefinger did), he didn't stop the night king (Arya did), and he didn't save the realm by killing Dany.

Look ser user, someone forgot to write down all your great posts

Attached: 60804D6A-81C2-408F-9110-4B391061C550.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

D&D are so fucking unpredictable. They write scenes that namedrop obscure characters like the Smiling Knight, Dunk, Simon Toyne and all the irrelevant Kingsguard members but then forget basic shit like the last name for Crownlands bastards, that Northerners don't worship the seven or that Tyrion is meant to be smart.

lol

Was Joff ever not a complete cunt to his dad?

Attached: 1538399261073.png (1920x1080, 1.86M)

They forgot their own OC several times.

>Ser Meryn Trant
>Defeated the greatest swordsman who ever lived in single combat

I try to forget this bit of the ending.

>I plunged a continent into civil war for this cunt?

Everything would've been better if Jon died in the BotB

There's still time

>she's the smartest person I've ever met

Literally name a single thing she did that was smart then you dumb cunt. Arya, she's the reason your dad died, she played a huge part in everything that led to the war of the 5 kings because she's a stupid cunt, and then proceeded to get led around like a moron for 7 more seasons. Fuck, she didn't do anything at all in any way to help.

Give her a break she has to shill Sansa because D&D are still apologizing for making her have sex in her wedding night.

stannis

I’m assuming Sansa neglected to mention she told Cersei that Ned was sending them out of KL and ruined their chance to escape

>central figure behind the war of the five Kings
>Killed his own king and father and eacaped justice
>Sabotaged Daenerys campaign causing countless deaths in order to protect his sister
>His plot to try and make an alliance with cersei caused the fucking walker invasion
>His continued shitty decisions to protect his sister led to Daenerys going mad and burning Kings landing, and getting killed, setting the dothraki and Drogon loose on westeros
>Let's make him Hand

Attached: peter-dinklage-look-1536330273.png (480x360, 302K)

Do you think Tyrion deliberately tried to sabotage Dany's conquest, or did he just suffer brain damage during that voyage in the crate?

>Ser user of House Ymous
>"banned posting his waifu"

Attached: D6-lOBkWsAANwLE.jpg (1200x662, 84K)

Brain damage, but D&D would probably have you believe it was always his plan to get rused by Cersei repeatedly.

I hadn't noticed that she has got a raven on the new Kingsguard armor

He literally was trying to save cersei's life the whole time and withheld information that could've quickly ended the war. He sent Jaime to rescue her at the end

It doesn't exist unless the canon implies or states they exist user. You have a rebellion by Skagos, a couple by the Boltons, one that the Greystarks joined them in and that's in but you know and are told that the Starks are loved and have ruled for 8,000 years. Never a reason why they are loved, what their tax policy is, what actions led to this love, what they've done for each individual house as of late or historically, what Ned did or Rickard or any problems they faced. Manderly for example is loyal because Starks gave them a home when they needed one and that's it. Ironborn have a richer history featuring more issues, battles, usurpation and strife than the Starks and they're not the evident main House and true protagonists of the story. House Targaryen in their rule have more and that expands on every other house, except Stark who are always fine unless the Targaryens fuck with them like sending men to the Wall who cause problems and that one Skagossi rebellion.

The Targs try and fail with dragons to control the six kingdoms and even after they lose dragons and lose it all within 300 years, while Starks controls someplace just as large with less military power for thousands with fewer rebellions, no usurpers, no mad kings, no incompetent kings, no religious nut kings who sacrificed thousands to the weirwood, who lost a lot of territory, no major internal issues.

I hadn’t thought about why the fuck someone would wear 60lbs of armor to sit at a desk and write in a book