How this movie hasnt been topped in the capeshit genre?

how this movie hasnt been topped in the capeshit genre?

Attached: image_1_3.jpg (620x330, 56K)

tell me his name again

John leguizamo as the clown was more than we deserved. Badass soundtrack too. Went platinum and everything. They barely use any of it in the movie tho

Mcfarlane just combined Ghost Rider and Venom to make the coolest 90s character possible.

Attached: Scan-1-30.jpg (2096x3124, 1.06M)

*sips* Spawn, now THAT was a super hero movie. They sure dont make em like they used to.

Attached: 1530303406127.jpg (675x592, 73K)

>not posting the superior spawn adaptation
>not appreciating freak on a leash core

Attached: dd2e4eo-f5330168-f2a2-465c-b412-b24deb20776c.jpg (640x480, 42K)

I don't understand why HBO never tried to make a live action miniseries based off the animated series. All you need is 5-6 episodes to tell all of Spawn's story.

Was kino but the third season was rushed.

I will never understand why Spawn continued after issue 100.

Attached: spawn_comic_cover_100e_cl.jpg (600x900, 168K)

al simmons was black

Yes and eventually it's retconned that he beat his wife and caused her to have a miscarriage and a new character becomes Spawn.

GET WITH THE FUCKING PROGRAM

Why does that child have the face of a grown man?

Because.

You ever see a black kid they age before their time

What? Really? Spawn isn't Al Simmons an longer in the comics?

Hollywood doesnt take any chances now. Its all manufactured by computer algorithms.

Spawn would be a much better character if he wasn't black. Has Todd stated a specific reason he made him black? Was it try and make the character more notable and different?

I think he took back the role but it was a different character for awhile i dunno i haven't read Spawn in years.

Attached: 3319c81a3ce1599006184781904dbdf2.jpg (1040x1449, 335K)

Spawn being black is pretty inconsequential to the character unlike someone like Luke Cage.

both spawn and blade are better than that homo black panther

The new one will be capekino of the ages. Todd has a lot of talent involved, and said it's going to be similar to the HBO show.

Exactly. The creator said in an interview that he basically just wanted to create a character that was opposite of what people would expect.
He even joked about it in the pages of the comic book, by having Spawn turn into a white collar blonde dude accidentally.

Attached: spawn.jpg (576x895, 246K)

Al Simmons returned to being Spawn. The Jim Downing character was only a temporary replacement.

Agreed, he was great.

I really liked the Downing look.

Attached: spawn-190_28e5dad2fc.jpg (585x900, 212K)

>tfw I imagine spawn in endgame now
He'd probably make captain fappen cry

>in sociology class
>ā€¯until recently blacks have finally been introduced to superhero roles like Black Panther
>immediately yell out that Blade and Spawn exist
>get ignored
Feels bad bros.

This, Guyver the dark hero, and the blade movies are my shit

>get ignored
They were seething inside. People really hate it when there's objective evidence they're wrong.
BP was flavor meme of the month for a while, so of course it's the ""first"" black superhero.

>Guyver the dark hero
My nigga, that was my jam.

Guyver's a bad motherfucker, agreed.

Attached: b0de97fc-bb19-4376-ac68-9c894a6d41ae.jpg (720x540, 113K)

>forgetting Meteor Man and Blankman

Steel was another cool character that came before that, but Shaquille's cringe flick left a sour taste in people's mouths.
Always thought he had a cool gimmick.

Attached: 2252671-steel.jpg (1243x1920, 1.05M)

>sociology class
>talk about capeshit
University truly is a meme.

...but it has

Attached: IMG_2726.jpg (765x1082, 258K)

you were ignored because it doesn't matter until there's a huge box office gross and an ocean of marketing. because that's the marching orders since forever. [not-white-males] can make their own movies, but it doesn't matter unless they make all of the money as well. Because its a white-male conspiracy that movies are only successful if they're something people want to see.

But that was a funny moment and it wouldn't have worked if he wasn't black.

Probably because those movies had a unique take on the cape shit.

I don't think anyone would've cared as much back in the day, but it's funnier the way it is.
>mfw there's all kinds of hellspawn, including midgets, muties, pedos and shespawn

Attached: p.s21.SHE-SPAWN-007-spawn-21.jpg (681x1024, 135K)

h-hot

There was literally a entire comic imprint in 90s for black characters called Milestone hell Static Shock got his own cartoon created by the original creator who was also black.

Attached: 0_zRUXlpY5xocSXUdL.jpg (1500x1160, 480K)

>tfw Wanda from the cartoon series

Attached: 1553902332337.jpg (1262x1295, 331K)

>Jim Downing character was only a temporary replacement
Wasn't he Spawn for like eight years? What happened to him?

The HBO cartoon you mean? It was boring as fuck. I think I quit by like the 5th or 6th episode because of how incredibly slow paced it was. I think I got to the part where he beats the pedo.

They got bored and resurrected Al with a stupid Venom mouth.

Attached: 2642924.jpg (600x929, 163K)

>pic related
is the greatest cape anything ever made, and will never be topped

Attached: batman-returns-8.jpg (2859x1798, 934K)

does spawn have a semi self contained run i could read? like hellblazer or swamp thing

could he pull it off

Attached: smart-house-lionsgate-james-wan[1].jpg (825x464, 228K)

1-100. There's some nonsense along the way but overall it's pretty good.

thanks

But did Jim die or he's still around?

As long as we're talking about Boomer Indie comics from the 90s, I'm just going to mention that Millennials will never understand what a travesty the Jim Carrey version of pic related was, and how badly it needs a remake...

Attached: Mask 1.jpg (500x784, 54K)

Dead

>Wasn't he Spawn for like eight years?
Maybe I overshot my words, but yes.
Also, one of the recent issues summed everything up, including the Downing storyline, but I haven't read it yet. It's closing in on issue 300, so they wanted to do a quick recap.
Luckily they replaced this shit artist with someone whose artwork is actually kino.
I also head Capullo's coming back for the new issues.

own and have read all of it. both the Carrey movie and the animated show were superior.

>both the Carrey movie and the animated show were superior.

...And this, people, is why faggots are paying money to watch a cartoon Raccoon wise-crack in a major motion picture.

Attached: 1446300642319.gif (197x200, 1.46M)

How so?

I wish they brought back his first villain.
UNF

Attached: 1921747-white_rabbit__2_.jpg (382x544, 49K)

Felt more like a Sin City knockoff than Spawn.

Plenty choco mommas ITT

Attached: wanda-gif-353x1024.gif (353x1024, 206K)

Blade was a huge box office success spawning (no pun intended) a trilogy and Spawn was the biggest comic book character of the 90s

How does he breathe?

He doesn't even want Spawn as the main character. He only wants him in the background so far out of sight that he might as well not be in the movie.

His suit is basically like Iron Man's it has oxygen systems and shit installed.

That's Image comics founded on. Of course some took it to such Edgestremes that it became a parody like what Rob Liefeld did.

I don't think that's entirely true why would you cast Jamie Foxx if you aren't giving him any substantial screen time?

Jaws wasn't the "main character" in his film, yet that's the image you see when you think about it.
I have faith in the project for now, but it's too early to tell since there isn't even a trailer.
And there will be some interaction with Spawn for sure, otherwise there'd be no need to get someone like Jamie Foxx for the role.

i looked it up because of your post and i read an issue. decent art but the writing is pretty subpar. the cartoon is definitely more enjoyable since it's at least an enjoyable story. don't remember much of the movie

>more notable and different
in part. He noticed with a masked superhero everyone assumed he was a whtie guy. He once had an (unused) idea during his Spiderman run where he rescues some guy from a black mugger. As the guy thanks him he says "Those niggers." Spider-man grabs him and points to his mask and asks him "What color do you think I am under this mask?"

He wants Spawn as a passive observer in an urban drama.

>final showdown in a living room

Truly an epic for the ages

"Judging from the mask's slanted eyes, are you a chinaman?"

Attached: Jonah and the whale.gif (245x180, 1.6M)

Ah, a VertiChad i see

He certainly won't be a passive observer. Todd said we can expect some gruesome deaths, and implied that the "thing in the shadows" i.e. Spawn will be responsible.

I would imagine it being like the first Hellraiser with Twitch being the main character and Spawn having a few big scenes sprinkled in.

Probably, yes. We'll see.

>that dog in the lower left

Attached: 2spooky.gif (350x368, 1.99M)

Todd MacFarland and Rob Liefeld were always awful and the ironically liking them now doesn't make them good

That movie sucked

Nah Spawn is based.

Attached: 1506619020226.jpg (1988x3056, 2M)

>sat up one night with my older bro when i was a kid and hoping to sneak a look at ladies on TV
>spawn cartoon pops up after discovering channels since we just got satellite
>girl get gangraped in some warehouse and spawn ripped them apart
>weird boner all night

Attached: 1548561605651.gif (280x204, 1.89M)

I have rewatched it more times then anything in the mcu.

>>/pol/