Armond White does it again!

>The Toy Story franchise is the closest thing we have to an undisputed national anthem, a popular belief that celebrates what we think we all stand for — cooperation, ingenuity, and simple values, such as perpetual hope. This fact of our infantile, desensitized culture became apparent back in 2010 when I took a knee on Toy Story 3 and Rotten Tomatoes sprouted death threats — as if I had made Ilhan Omar–style comments against the history of America and its institutions.

>That mob-like mania is depicted during a fairly creepy sequence in Toy Story 4 when cowboy doll Woody (voiced by Tom Hanks) explores an antiques-and-consignment store and is threatened by a menacing phalanx of lookalike, thinkalike, actalike Pee-wee Herman dolls. It’s a Pixar vision of a high-tech lynching, but this mad dash by revengeful analog gadgets also, inadvertently, symbolizes the conformity that has taken over amusement culture: The Toy Story franchise proves that movies (especially from Disney and Pixar) are produced to be critic-proof.

Attached: 1561225523865.jpg (750x1042, 492K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zWZngM7ROAo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>The Toy Story franchise proves that movies (especially from Disney and Pixar) are produced to be critic-proof.
He's right.

nigger

>this mad dash by revengeful analog gadgets also, inadvertently, symbolizes the conformity that has taken over amusement culture
absolutely based

jesus christ /pol/yp FUCK OFF with the racist shit

baka so damn tired of having to see morons shit up good threads

Attached: 1553092938836.jpg (539x628, 65K)

pump your brakes kid
armond's a national treasure

Armond's a nigger

that pic fucking kek

Further proof that based gay nigger Armond is the only critic that matters in the year 2019.

buzzwords buzzwords no coherent thought yup its an armond white review

>It’s a Pixar vision of a high-tech lynching
Exactly what I was thinking, Armond

Attached: alec guiness.jpg (486x431, 57K)

The text in the OP makes complete sense tho

t. illiterate

>we all stand for
>cooperation
>ingenuity

Are conservatives just natural born shit posters? It's like I've just been waking up to the fact that they've been baiting my entire life and have never actually meant anything they said and it was all for the sole purpose of russling liberal jimmies.

>*what we think we all stand for
Do you understand better now readingcomprehensionlet?

Conservatives don't actually stand for anything. Armond is just an anti disney contrarian. He's likely paid to post his baseless reviews.

Nigger

>implying that refutes anything said
>implying everyone thinks they stand for cooperation

nigga do u even know where u r

t. another person pretending to "get it" so people dont think he is dumb. bet you're the type who stares at blank canvas and says its really deep art too

he's black and gay, but neither a nigger, nor a faggot

All shitskins are niggers

It's really quite amazing how he pulls it off

>He's likely paid to post his baseless reviews.
Who the fuck do you think he is? He is paid by the leading conservative publication in America. That is why he is a professional critic.

nigger

He's some third rate scrounger like RLM who makes his living appealing to the contrarian and bigoted brainlets on here.

youtu.be/zWZngM7ROAo

> Nearly 70 year old man who has seen thousands of films and dedicates his entire life his love of them and criticism of them is a "baseless contrarian"
> has stood for christian values in his writings for over 35 years. "doesn't stand for anything lol"

Again. He is employed by The New Republic. That is what makes him professional. His legit media credentials. Unlike Reddit Letter Media.

>christian values
please no one respond to this bait

Anybody going to post the rest of the article or at least a link?

Attached: 89e186381849e339821779705114c188.jpg (500x671, 52K)

absolute fucking legend

>the review that made Toy Story 4 flop
How the fuck does he do it?

He once called Man of Steel the best movie of the year and thinks Part 3 is the best Godfather movie.

He's a troll. His opinions are sort of interesting, but as movie critics go he loves getting a rise out of readers more than he cares about maintaining a consistent ideological view toward cinema. Not that changing your mind is a bad thing, but he's all over the place all the time. The unpredictable aspect is what endears him to Yea Forums because he often goes across the grain of popular consensus (the only critic to give Get Out a negative review), but I don't think he does it because he cares about the art form and has objections against impurities in cinema. I think he does it because he likes attention and pissing off smart people who, to be fair, deserve a little comeuppance for their snootiness.

Attached: 1530223311489.jpg (480x447, 24K)

absolute fucking nigger

he's right about MoS
that Godfather 3 thing isn't true

Attached: carpet.png (313x365, 222K)

google National Review Armond White

He's a contrarian, even down to the fact that he's named White when he's in fact black.

Pixar is the Israel of animation.

this is a girls movie so sure

bugmen btfo

He's a good writer. I like a lot of the films that he's panned, but I almost always enjoy his reviews more than the milquetoast ones that praise the films.

On the contrary, he consistently favors movies that paint characters as self-actualizing individuals rather than passive, beleaguered representatives of popular minorities, which is keeping with his conservative ideology. He doesn't take the opposite stance on every movie either, commending Lady Bird and A Quiet Passion for example while criticizing Glass.

Cheeky