Here's your Highgarden, bro

Here's your Highgarden, bro

Attached: highgarden.png (561x566, 347K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QaEgFn2KmLc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>somehow manages to capture a castle on a hill with fewer than 8000 battle weary men and no siege equipment against a fully stockpiled large garrison

Here's the actual Highgarden, bro

Attached: Ted_Nasmith_A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire_Highgarden.jpg (736x737, 153K)

>fighting was never our forte

Here’s some more actual Highgarden, bro

Attached: B7A26888-6222-4C4F-AF99-82322C5B0847.jpg (1920x1080, 436K)

It's only a model

Attached: 1409130950410.png (229x175, 68K)

>tfw can't siege the walls because lost in a hedge maze

just burn the greenery bro

Kek

Why the Targs ever left Dragonstone for the red keep is beyond me.

Attached: Dragonstone.jpg (2000x1313, 491K)

I thought it was never well explained why the Targaryens even invaded Westeros instead of Essos where they already had legitimacy as the last Dragonriding Valyrian house
unless it had something to do with the prophecy

Probably tired of living in a second wave black metal album cover

The last few dragonriders in Essos after the Doom tried to reestablish the Freehold and got blown the fuck out by sheer numbers.

It's only a model

How do you think they came up with the idea?

What if they have sprinklers?

What do they eat?

why don't these castles have villages and farms surrounding them? do the artists/creators not realize that every significant castle in the middle ages needed to sustain itself and small towns would emerge around the castle's walls?

look at Constantinople for example, there were two different layers of walls - each springing up as the towns outside the walls became more important and densely populated which necessitated their protecting. it's weird to see a barren field surrounding a huge castle like Highgarden.

in the show the Lannister army is 2000 tops. look at the episode

Attached: ggg.png (637x602, 7K)

This is yet another ridiculous D&d plot hole that could so easily have been solved if anyone had had a shred of writing competence.

>*cut from Greyworms realisation that the Lannisters have tricked them and abandoned Casterly Rock*
>*kino shot of Olenna surveying the huge enemy force in front of Highgarden*
>*Tyrell commander approaches her*
>Lady Olenna, they may have taken us by surprise but we can still hold out until reinforcements arrive, every knight and militiamen here will fight to the last. What are your orders?
>You want an order? Send an emissary to Ser Jaime Lannister and tell him that if he agrees not to harm a single one of my people, Highgarden is his.
>b....but my lady.... House Tyrell
>there is no more House Tyrell! They're all dead man! Just a bitter old lady lurking in her tower, and I'll be damned if anyone is going to be asked to die for that. We stole this land long ago through trickery and deception, just so happens someone else is finally better at it than us. Go! Go tell the Lannisters they've one and then home to your family and keep them safe. Let the old world die with me. It's long overdue.

>*cut to shot of Jaime walking to Olennas room*

See not hard.

It'll look like that in Game of Thrones: Brotherhood

The fuck is that?

>they've one

yeah why the fuck would you ever not want to live in a humid hellhole next to a volcano

The anime remake coming in 2031 after the last book comes out

I legitimately thought it was this until I read the thread
What the fuck

They would have been able to have access to their dragons without having to keep them chained in a pit to keep them from eating peasants.

What do they eat?

kek

Attached: 1559321283926.png (531x559, 546K)

>Highgarden has actual high gardens
woah... so this is the power.... of grrm...

Why weren't you there to protect her when she needed you most? She was all alone and scared waiting for you to show up to save her...

Attached: help me anon.webm (854x480, 2.88M)

what's the point of that?

Literally how the fuck do you assault a fortification like that? It's impossible. They'd outrange you so badly and you'd never get up the walls.

yeah it's almost like the name of every place on earth represents an iconic historical feature of it

>assault
just siege it bro

They went extinct. Each generation got smaller after living in the pits. Volcanoes are their natural habitat and they thrive and grow big by building nests there. Balerion the black dread spent most of his life on dragonstone it's why he was so massive.

Yes, but in the show it just cuts to them having assaulted and easily taken it in a day, it's so fucking retarded.

Tyrells are all faggots, they probably spread their cheeks the second they saw Jaime

and now it belongs to an upstart sellsword who doesn't know what a loan is yet is the Master of Coin. Get fucked Tyrells.

What the fuck is this from.

what's the point of a TV show if you don't show the major things properly, this is such bullshit. They could easily just built a little model like Lucas did for Star Wars.

Above Suspicion

Attached: cokeqt-.webm (854x480, 2.88M)

This still annoys me. Why the fuck do the Tarlys get a gorgeous palace.

>reigning from some shithole island were every emissary needs to come by boat and propably drowns on his way
or
>reigning from the mainland with enough space to build represential buildings important to boost your legitimacy and the potential to become a huge trade hub

yeah, real tough one

Do you guys not have boats?

Attached: phones.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

A model?

Attached: mdl.png (279x316, 168K)

Why didn't Stannis just sue Cersei?

Casterly Rock was super lame too

>every emissary needs to come by boat and propably drowns on his way
>drowns on his way
>drowns

Attached: Ted_Nasmith_A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire_Casterly_Rock.jpg (564x570, 58K)

Just watched this episode
The quality drop from s4 to 5-7 is insane in regards to writing it's just stupid how many time skips take place

Attached: the city of dorne.png (1353x696, 726K)

>watching after Tywin dies

>The Tyrells, on their own, command the largest army of any one house in Westeros
>When you add in the other Reach lords (like the Hightowers, who have a dozen houses sworn to them personally, or the Redwynes, who have the largest fleet) they absolutely dwarf everyone else
>Even without those other lords, their army has sustained practically no casualties
>Jaime, leading an absolutely decimated Lannister army, manages to crush them with only the Tarlys helping him.
>"Lol we were never good at fighting our sigil is a flower"
Fuck off D&D

Attached: Highgarden vs Horn Hill.png (1218x919, 1.88M)

I want to live in a castle.

Attached: 1445328859423.jpg (1920x1200, 1.1M)

I'm rewatching the show for the first time and s7/8 is so fucking bad all round
Even based euron and psycho dany barely saves it

What makes it worse is that this wasn't a budget issue. These were all paintings, cost next to nothing to make, artists could knock them out in a day and editors could blend them into the background with no trouble. D&D consciously chose to make Highgarden and Casterly Rock as unimpressive as possible.

What the actual fuck is that image. Did they do this on purpose. There's no way they didn't look at that and think.

That Renaissance palace Horn Hill was terrible.

>Highgarden, the breadbasket of Westeros, is practically a tundra
>Horn Hill is actually surrounded by farms
What did they mean by this

This

After season 4 it's all just utter garbage

I really think they got it mixed up and were either too proud or too stupid to go back and fix it before the episodes were officially released.

Agreed, it doesn't fit Horn Hill at all. But a giant Renaissance palace Highgarden makes perfect sense.

that image gets more retarded the more you look at it

And King's landing was suddenly in a desert

Sums up how much they cared about that plotline.

Poor Alexander Siddig

Remember at the end of season 7 when it started to snow in King's Landing? Because D&D kind of forgot.

It's still baffling to me how normies never realized how shit the show became since season 5, and only started nitpicking on the show's writing quality when muh Khaleesi went insane. Suddenly there were even twitter and instagram posts bashing D&D after that episode and the 8th season, when the show had been dropping in quality for years.

Based.

Winter, desert.. whatever who cares about that lame stuff. Put in more penis jokes!!

Because their stupid?
It's the only answer I cbf writing anything more about this shows retarded post grrm written fans Tbqh

The more I read this thread the more annoyed I get.
I literally just remember this now. What the fuck.

Highgarden is viewed from Jaime's perspective. Jaime grew up in (a) Casterly Rock then (b) the Red Keep. Highgarden might as well be a shack.

Horn Hill is viewed from Gilly's perspective. Gilly's a fucking wildling; from her point of view, even a modest castle like Horn Hill is spectacular.

>itt retarded realists

>Tyrion (and of course, Dinklage IRL) has been dealing with insults/prejudice about being a dwarf his whole life
>Varys: You hate dwarf jokes but you mock me for being a eunuch, why is that?
>Tyrion: CAUSE YOU GOT NO DICK LMAO GOT EM SAVAGE

>King's Landing is in the middle of a hot summer day
>next episode and it's apparently been snowing all day
>next episode it's the middle of summer again

Attached: jon.gif (480x320, 2.97M)

Even the dialogue presents the country and land of Dorne itself as something one-dimensional. There are never cities, smallfolk, towns or castles mentioned, it's always the martells and their entourage mentioning something like

>Ah yes here we are in Dorne, such are things in Dorne, we are all progressive and liberal in Dorne you know

Almost all screen adaptions of novels are fundamentally meaningless and worthless.

Shhh!

The long night, more like The one night stand.

>I literally just remember this now. What the fuck.
Right? It was a really great scene. You see winter has finally come to the South, symbolically showing that the threat of the Others is overtaking the petty disputes over the Iron Throne

youtube.com/watch?v=QaEgFn2KmLc

Next season, LOL JUST KIDDING

Proper winter appeared only once to piss off Stannis

they killed the night king so winter left I guess

You could really tell the show just stopped being good mid way through season 4.

>inb4 it was shit before that
I don't not believe you, but this is just where my enjoyment immediately stopped. I wanted to throw a fit at the fire ball slinging elves in the finale.

Season 8 literally started with a Varys' balls joke.

The early seasons had their share of blunders, but were ultimately enjoyable.

Season 1 had stupid LF brothel scenes and that terrible portrayal of Renly (Look at how gay I am, also I look nothing like a Baratheon)

Season 2 had Tallisa Maegyr

Season 3 had those gratuitous torture scenes with Theon

they got extinct because there were to many fucking dragons around and their riders went to war with eachother

>Renly (Look at how gay I am, also I look nothing like a Baratheon)
What got me as well as how Renly looked around 25 when Stannis looked around 50 and they're supposed to be brothers.

Large age gaps existed more commonly back then.

Stannis is supposed to be like 10 years older roughly

They always flew back there anyways when they tired of shit. Really, that's where they preferred living, but whatever I guess, gotta live in that stinky city with the people.

If it's only gay when the balls are touching, how can Varys be gay?

Attached: tumblr_pthiio7OJ51w41ky1_540.jpg (540x363, 99K)

Attached: wtf am i reading.gif (446x469, 1.17M)

is renlys rainbow guard proof that grrm never intended him to be gay or absolute proof that he did and was being cheeky?

I have a similar dilemma watching Marvel when they go through that Rainbow Bridge thing. The crosswalks in my town were painted that way for Pride and I always think of that when I cross one.

TO ASS GUARD, WE FLY!

I loved it. One of the most interesting castles in the show. It just didn't fit the Tarly's at all.

>Arrive to new region
>Bring horse to a halt
>Say name of region out loud
>Continue riding towards the city

>It's only a model
Shutup!

On 2nd thought lets not go, it tis a silly place.

Apparently it was unintended. Since the rainbow symbol wasn't that prominent in the 90s

are you patronizing me?

Stay in your general faggots

Harrenhal was kino

they did it for budget and time

Yes it was, in large urban centers at least.

I can if you like.

Attached: varg - I guarantee it.jpg (504x336, 37K)

>Put in more penis jokes!!
If only there had been jokes.

>Because their stupid?

We don't have a Faggot General, just a nigger one.

Attached: TropeNiggerGeneral_7052.jpg (350x250, 20K)

Yeah but that looks fucking stupid, a huge mountainous outcrop with no surrounding mountains? Looks dumb.

Attached: the-rock-of-gibraltar-geology.jpg (810x650, 106K)

There are a lot of weird landmarks user

It's a metaphor for your social life.

lost

Because everyone stopped caring after season 5, they figured the fans would eat up everything they threw at them. And it almost worked, the vast majority the fanbase thought everything was fine until S08E03 happened

Dude, that's from Norse legend you dolt and their literal explanation for rainbows.

According to an interview GRRM loves fantasy painting and actually has some kino taste (learned some names from him). The only reason he doesn't commission more painting/photo books for his work is cost/popularity concerns. So he's probably as psyched about this kick ass rendition of Casterly Rock as anyone. Seriously, it's so good.

Contempt for castles and cool fantasy painting/cgi backgrounds seems to be all D&D.

Attached: pyle_mermaid_4_6.jpg (1275x1850, 1.92M)

whats with the mazes

by then it was too late.

the army can't storm the castle if they get lost in the maze

Attached: 1555901228670.png (631x960, 686K)

Like OMG I totally didn't know that! Silly Me.

Attached: Varg - ha ha HUH WOW.png (562x437, 300K)

you're just making stuff up

But it's only a hedge maze. You make joke, comrade.

Shhhhh!

Well that's Gibraltar, an island, which isn't unusual in having a single mountain, also the dumb picture is 7 times that height.
I mean kek, that's funny, but makes little sense as an actual metaphor brah, so 9/10 for lulz and 2/10 for being a brainlet that can't into metaphors.

is this a teaser for the Lord of the Rings series by Amazon?

Friendly reminder that I've seen all of GoT and it didn't cost me a shekel.
Thank you.

Attached: sips.jpg (334x334, 88K)

Red>green>rainbow>yellow>blue>purple>>>>>>nigger

Are you an actual spastic, why the fuck are you dribbling on about marvel and crosswalks then?

If you're trying not to sound butthurt, it didn't work. Are you OK?

I don't know but I like the effect it's having on you so I may have to continue.

Attached: varg - gandalf.png (757x451, 714K)

He was telling his story. Why are you so angry?

>An island

The isthmus would like a word...

Gibraltar isn't an island, retard.

Also, search Calpe, Spain.

>Gibraltar
>An island
Holy shit, you really are king of the retards.

gebaltar is iland

He's just doing it to farm (You)s, you shits.

> posting blatant inaccuracies to get told you are wrong is trolling now

Attached: this board deserves.jpg (390x264, 136K)

pretty much

gotta get by somehow

>it looks like a lion laying down
whoa....

it really does
bravo d&d

._.

how old is grrm?

Has been for like a decade and more

Hence the more than a decade old maymay then I suppose.

>maymay
it's meme

whatchoo say, bitch?

Attached: vlcsnap-2010-10-30-08h41m49s187.png (616x254, 249K)

This is actually pretty good, completely sold on Olenna's vibe. Fuck D&D dammit

Awesome.

Any good?

not bad

samefag

no proof

proof is nobody would think that cringe trash was good

Dragons went extinct because the Maestars poisoned and killed them all! The enclosed space restriction explanation was a cover-up! Weakening dragons was an inside job! Wake up sheeple!

;(

your idea was alright but the dialogue is awful

Charles Dance is synonymous with the show's greatness. Tywin gone, show's over.

Attached: Charles Dance Tywin 5.jpg (499x750, 39K)

kek

I doubt It, Maesters are dumb. Egg died a natural death stop overthinking things.

Attached: wigger.png (616x960, 647K)

House Dethklok

It does happen, look at this. Peña de Bernal, México.

Attached: peña de bernal.jpg (1920x985, 311K)