Pure, undistilled Kino...

Pure, undistilled Kino, the only way to make this movie even better is to tone down Wallace a bit and maybe get rid of the whole resistance thing completely but those are minor nitpicks.
It's a masterpiece.

Attached: blade runner 2049 seawall.png (1913x783, 498K)

Attached: luv hyping up.webm (972x1080, 504K)

>Too many long, meandering, pointless exposition scenes to count
>No genuinely likeable or interesting characters
>Sci-Fi released in 2017 with an enormous runtime that has nearly no exciting actions scenes
>A plot of a "the one" type character revealed to be bait-and switch at the end, who actually end up being a character we have seen in exactly one other scene. This was somehow meant to be profound/moving for...reasons.
>Stiff, wooden performances all around especially from Harrison Ford who clearly couldn't have cared less
>Inexplicably stupid "love" scene
>Completely useless resistance suplot introduced in the final 1/4 of the movie, instead of being a interesting through-line

I was beside myself with how boring and disappointing this movie was, especially with how beautifully it was shot and scored, and with the Directors previous work.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

>Sci-Fi released in 2017 with an enormous runtime that has nearly no exciting actions scenes
based mental midget zoomer

>the only way to make this movie even better is to tone down Wallace a bit
The final redpill is that there wasn't enough Wallace and he was underdeveloped. We need more Wallace

>get rid of the whole resistance thing completely
That was the most kino part. They claimed to be fighting for the salvation of replicants but had no issue at all stripping K of all his free will.

>undistilled
you combined "distilled" and "unadulterated" and ended up with the opposite of what you meant

>That was the most kino part. They claimed to be fighting for the salvation of replicants but had no issue at all stripping K of all his free will.
Big facts. A lot of people on Yea Forums took issue with the resistance for some reason but I think they're just brainlets who don't understand the significance of the ending with K becoming his own free man. A real human bean if you will.

The 5 hour cut would fix any issues that normies have with the film. By developing points such as Wallace and the Resistance, people would realize their significance

You cannot get rid of the resistance. K renouncing to obey them is the ultimate expression of his individuality.

>blur
>blue/orange contrast
>shadows
ABSOLUTE KINO TIME

Man that entire sequence was quite something in the cinema.

Attached: Blade.Runner.2049_301-010856_01.png (1920x785, 1.15M)

>What's it like to hold the hand of someone you love ? Interlinked.

One of 6 other accurate points I made. Continue pretending half-assed attempts at profound statements on humanity and morality make a boring sci-fi film not boring.

And yeah, action.

>A replicant fight right at the start, this is going to be great.
Oh, that's it huh?

>A Blade Runner surrounded by hostile junkers, he's going to rip them to shreds.

Over in 3 seconds.

>A high-speed flying-car chase through the skyline of a dystopian city, this should be fun.

2 cars explode and fall and we move on.

The only redeeming scene is the Seawall fight at the end. Fucking stunning.

I prefer the noir and Vangelis of the original.

Attached: 1553370276850.jpg (638x960, 94K)

Realized it after I posted.
I didn't hate it but it just felt out of place to me, like it came from the pen of a lesser writer.

Attached: 1500631430719.jpg (749x852, 49K)

Supreme bait. I'm assuming 2001 is the worst sci fi film ever made because it hardly has any action scenes aswell, am i rite
Great reddit spacing aswell, 10/10 baiting.

So the fights showed K as being an efficient fighter? Only mental midgets find 2049 to be boring, if you need fights to entertain you, maybe the latest A*engers flick is up your ally.

>Dr. Tyrell, I'm Blade Runner

You're a pretty big corporation

Fantastic set design/CG and art direction. I didn't agree with the larger plot revolving around Deckard (though I loved K's internal story). I think there was a better way to pay respect to Ford/Deckard while remaining consistent with the type of character he was.

Do androids dream of four electric ewe?

Attached: 1429154363427.jpg (1528x964, 900K)

Cells.

The thing is, people wouldn't have cared if K was possibly the son of "some random guy", people cared partially because they thought he was the son of Deckard.

It would be like if Luke was never Vader's son, and the prequels were just about the random guy who became Vader. No one would care.

Typically, entertaining sci-fi will competently marry thought-provoking content with exciting incidents to keep things from getting stale. If you don't want the audience to expect that the movie will be INTERLINKED with mystery and action, don't start it off with two androids beating the shit out of each other. Or tease K being able to ragdoll someone over his head, break his back, and then have what could be a much needed bit of a breather end in an instant.

All that aside, yes there is a reason BR2001 is considered a cult-classic and not a classic, because it's themes are muddled and it's pretty god damned boring. And there's a reason BR2049 didn't make more than 100M domestically and barey made it's budget back. Because it was equally boring, poorly paced, poorly acted, full of painful dialogue and the word of mouth was not on it's side. People should have had a reason to tell others to see it, which should have been a determining factor when making a risky movie like this. A sequel to an already divisive sci-fi film from 35 years ago.

>there's a reason BR2049 didn't make more than 100M domestically
Yeah because american and chinese audiences are braindead capeshitters just like you.

Why don't you try defending this movie you love so much instead of spewing cringey Yea Forums catchphrases like it's some sort of slam. Confirmed normie casual uwu senpai brainlet casual.

The box office is the perfect example, glad you brought it up. The only place it was succesful was Europe. all the capeshit favorite markets like America and China flopped.
It made more money in Germany than in China, that should say enough.

>more wallace
Damn right. I love every scene that guy shows up in.

I enjoy this movie if I watch it to the end without skipping scenes but get bored while watching it which puts me off watching it to the end without skipping scenes. I've never had a movie paradox like this.

Attached: 1493761614543.jpg (250x220, 6K)

>"You wanna go for a ride?"
>instant kino chills

I fucking love it

Attached: a.jpg (770x1024, 87K)

A movie made by western filmmakers for a western audience, that ends up being so obscure and devoid of any real emotion or cohesion that it can only be enjoyed by the powerhouses of important cinema that are China and Germany. A triumph!

This was my favorite movie of 2017. I saw it 4 times in theaters thanks to MoviePass(RIP).

Attached: 1560221109705.gif (500x558, 1.46M)

>China and Germany
No, I said it made more money in Germany alone than the whole of China. Yes Europe is a powerhouse of important cinema, glad we agree on that.