What was so wrong with this movie...

What was so wrong with this movie? It seems like a competent action/horror blockbuster and an introduction to monsters revival yet reviews suggested something goddamn awful.

Attached: the-mummy-movie-2017.jpg (2000x972, 1.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YsBAi-YnMGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=91YdBQ_Pios
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think its some Tom Cruise kino. Just rolls with how daft and weird the premise is.
Yes its not a great movie vs the Bredan Frasier movie (which is one of my favourite movies), but its not bad either. Its fun in a dumb horror way and I'd love to see more of the universe. With all its implied monsters running around.

honestly its no better or worse than the average summer blockbusters and modern action movies of the last decade.

probably just went up during one of disneys major hits and suffered because of it. I would have liked to see what a monsterverse would have looked like since it's already inherently more entertaining than marvel/starwars/harrypotter.

This film could've been its own indipendent "mummy" film instead of a reboot.
If it'd been that I'd watched it, instead of abstaining from seeing it because of my disdain of reboots.

Hateboner because of monster universe ignoring the fact that Universal was the first one to create the idea of shared cinematic universe and crossovers in 1940s.
The movie wasn't that great but nowhere near as bad as they said. It would be a hit if they had MCU logo on it.

It's completely different, shouldn't be considered a reboot or remake at all. It's just another story about another mummy.

I'd give everything for a night with princess Amunet.

She was amazing. I loved church scene.

>Tom's character DROPPED this
Holy fuck. That was lame.

Attached: 1559872859215.jpg (890x800, 134K)

Just look at this. She's tight.

It was a mediocre blockbuster that didn't have paid reviews to boost media visibility, which is why it lost to other mediocre blockbusters.

Why didn't they push it so much? Mummy's actress is african so they could use "if you don't like it you are racist and sexist" argument.

>"Haha woops I guess I'd better drop to my knees and begin worshipping your mummy feet as is custom hahah."
>"Not because I want to haha ok."

Who would want something like this?

Attached: 1504670017710.jpg (1920x1080, 175K)

Oh god just imagine the SNIFF

Do mummies even smell?

Attached: 1560120072977.jpg (827x1080, 418K)

Mummies smell 'musty'. Usually by the time we have found them all of the lovely scents that might have come from the incense, perfumes, and oils used in the mummification process have faded away.

SMOLL

Attached: 1560569967714.jpg (634x1024, 267K)

>the 4000 year old virgin

Attached: 1531481766779.gif (779x512, 50K)

Based

tom cruise fucked it up.
director was a pussy and let tom waltz all over him.
he made the movie be focused on his shitty character instead of the (cute) mummy chick

Attached: 1462059601171.png (720x644, 31K)

She wasn't even in the movie before Tom's rewites.

Based Tom giving us smol mommy mummy.

and bondage

Attached: themummy-movie-992274.jpg (640x360, 44K)

It doesn't know whether it's trying to be comedy or horror, an action blockbuster or something artsy, a modern retelling, or accurate to the original. The villain we're supposed to hate and fear is cute and sympathetic. The protagonist we're supposed to cheer on is wooden and emotionless. The heroine we're supposed to care about is an irrelevant cliche.

It had some interesting ideas, but the result is simply a senseless, boring clusterfuck.

>The villain we're supposed to hate and fear is cute and sympathetic.
That was the point. The mummy is pretty unique kind of monster.
youtube.com/watch?v=YsBAi-YnMGQ
>The protagonist we're supposed to cheer on is wooden and emotionless.
Kinda makes sense, he was an asshole. A random guy, not another perfect hero
youtube.com/watch?v=91YdBQ_Pios

>no exotic goddess gf

Attached: 1530085175721.jpg (715x1000, 228K)

They couldn't comprehend this kino. Not enough of CGI and post credit scenes.

Attached: 1559270094745.webm (1280x532, 940K)

They've finally found a woman smol enough that Cruise doesn't look short next to her.

We need a "Virgin Ahmanet vs Chad Imhotep" meme.

I tried to do this long time ago, here's her head.

Attached: 1b0.png (1078x1024, 97K)

Cruise overshadowed Ahmanet, the movie is supposed to be about her and it winds up just being about him and everyone around him looking like a side character.