How dishonest will it be?

How dishonest will it be?

Attached: dune.jpg (980x426, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VZ2Nfvc8WMw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Already ruined it in the casting floor. He didn't even understand that the races of the characters is important to the setting and casted a bunch of ugly jews.

>casted
based mental midget pajeet

Can somebody please FINALLY explain to me what constitutes "dishonesty" in film? Like, give me a glaring example and point me at some aspects to look out for in determining or identifying dishonesty? Not even trolling here, I seriously fucking don't know what people mean by this.

Dune will kill both capeshit AND starshit and you tranny redditors can't do anything about it
So long capekiddies.

The film that you like?
Yep, it's dishonest.

I typed that post with one hand while jacking off and it still was more intellectually stimulating than every thought you had in your entire pathetic life

It's basically a buzzword replacement for having an actual argument, you just call whatever you don't like "dishonest" and that's it

Flubber is dishonest?

Do you like it? Then it's dishonest.

>Since I was 12 years old there was a book I read, which is ‘Dune,’ which is my favorite book, with ‘1984.’ After ‘Prisoners,’ the producer of Alcon asked me what I would like to do next. I said, ‘Dune,’ spontaneously, that if anyone could get me the rights for ‘Dune’ — and I knew it was very difficult to get those rights. For me it was just a dream, and I guess I’m lucky that Mary Parent from Legendary got the rights and offered it to me. I can’t say no to that. I have images that I am haunted by for 35 years. I will not say no to that. That’s going to be the project of my life.

OK Denis, show me your turbo-autism. I am ready.

Attached: spice villeneuve.jpg (360x423, 30K)

A dishonest film is something that looks like a Malick film because of the meme cinematography but feels infantile and forced because of the shallow "themes", limited ideas, lack of imagination and heavy-handed beating of the audience. There's no ambiguity, in an arena (art) that is supposed to be heavily subjective and personal, and instead it's impersonal and just makes the audience passive

Villeneuve is basically like a stylized version of Chris Nolan, which is not a compliment. Oddly enough most of the Mexican directors have the same problem. There's an inherent dishonesty about his films that is mostly related to the approach and packaging, but when you dig deeper and try to unwrap it, it's just a box of shit. I'm done with this hack

This. He had the P E R F E C T casting option for Chani with Moner and he fucked it up by casting Bix Nood Zendaya instead

>hes dishonest because hes dishonest
Hmmmm

Villeneuve fans are so fucking sensitive lmao

>There's no ambiguity
what is Enemy

dude women are spiders and spiders are spooky lomfao

It’s going to be super good and everyone save the normiest normie is gonna love it. This guy is an incredibly talented director who won’t be in the same position to make the same mistakes he made on BR2049

Have you even read Dune? How does Moner have an elfin face? And she isn't very skinny, which Chani is.

Attached: Zendaya-Coleman-In-.jpg (620x478, 121K)

>dude there's no ambiguity so it's bad lmao
>dude there's ambiguity so it's bad lmao
nice schizo brainfarts you have

I read everything up to Chapterhouse. Chani just needs to be cast as a CUTE sweaty brown girl.

Her physical descriptions are strictly elfin face and that she is very skinny with red hair.
The rest is your own headcanon.

seething

I like it but if you are telling me it is dishonest I will stop liking it.

>The rest is your own headcanon
Nice projection schizoposter but she was described as being brown and CUTE in the books. Zendaya is most certainly not cute, niggerlover.

>she was described as being brown and CUTE in the books
You're talking out of your ass. Go ahead and prove it with any line from the books

Thanks for the explanation. Does this apply for example to Cuaron's Children of Men?

Also your description reminded me of both Arrival and Gravity.

RETARDS he HAS to be "dishonest" or he will not get the funding for his projects. Thats how the REAL world works. He can NEVER make a fully honest project becouse his """financiers""" have the final word.

Do you like it? Then it's dishonest.

Based

Seething nigger lover. Chani is supposed to be actually attractive, not a niggerfaced ape.

>movie has minority actors in it

That's dishonest

Prove it. You said you read the books, give any line

WILL THERE BE STING IN PLASTIC UNDERWEAR????

You said she has red hair right?
Niggers don't have red hair.

>DUDE SLOW PANNING SHOTS OF THE DESERT
It'll be Lawrence of Arabia wannabe.

There wouldn't be 99% of roles if all actresses should have only their natural hair color.

Attached: Zendaya41491075-540-780.jpg (540x780, 220K)

Do you guys remember TV movie Chani with the big saggy knockers? That was good. Why even make another movie?

The point remains though, she's not a nigger.

She's a space desert sandnig that lives in terrible extreme weather, most certainly not white.

I don't know about honesty, but the Dune story will definitely take a back seat to whatever unnecessary, hamfisted sociopolitical message/allegory they haphazardly jam in there.

Who the fuck watches a movie about galactic empires, prophesied messiahs, and colossal worms that shit the best drugs to be reminded of the shitty planet we live on?

>the Dune story will definitely take a back seat
wrong

Attached: tt.jpg (793x615, 119K)

What do your mean?
Fremen avoid exposure to the sun as much as possible, and never leave their underground fortresses without covering every inch of their body in a stillsuit to conserve water. If anything the conditions on Arakkis encourage the evolution of white skin.

Attached: Analog Jan 1964 Dune John Schoenherr 2.jpg (640x552, 161K)

>trusting the word of a 'journalist'
>I shiggy diggy

how is fremen supposed to be pronounced?

not literally free-men surely?

i got about 2/3rd through the (first?) book and got bored

Attached: Analog Feb 1964 John Schoenherr 3.jpg (401x640, 70K)

I dont have to. I know Chani is supposed to be nonwhite but she's supposed to be A T T R A C T I V E

Freh-men

I miss the days when science fiction was made by white men and not intersectional freaks.

Attached: SchoenherrDune1.jpg (400x227, 30K)

>Oddly enough most of the Mexican directors have the same problem
yeah, it's retarded too because their best work is usually when their films aren't European/American productions (excluding Spain) , for example:
>Inarritu
Amores Perros is great, Biutful is very good
21 Grams is bad.
The Revenant and Birdman are shit
>Cuaron
Y Tu Mamá También is great
Children of Men and Azkaban are ok
Everything else is shit (yes, even Roma)
>Guillermo Del Toro
Pan's Labyrinth is great, The Devil's Backbone is good
Pacific Rim is very fun and ok
Everything else is shit

It's the use of Lubezki and their autistic pursuit of being validated as an auteur in America

seething

Something like this perhaps?

Attached: tuareg_ss573.jpg (640x640, 54K)

Attached: johnSchoenherr_dune.jpg (1000x730, 76K)

Attached: johnSchoenherr_dune2.jpg (1000x742, 180K)

A maudlin attempt at profundity

>trusting the word of a 'journalist'
the word of the cast and crew specifically

Attached: nn.jpg (829x149, 63K)

>Zendaya
Will be shit

>Ornethopters

That takes the Cake of gayest aircraft design ever in any movie or setting.

Attached: johnSchoenherr_dune3.jpg (736x752, 75K)

> Absolutely true to the original novel
> Vladimir isn't morbidly obese
As previous posters have said, he's already fucked up with the casting.
I blame the Combine Honnete Ober Advancer (((Mercantiles)))

Attached: johnSchoenherr_dune4.jpg (1280x938, 178K)

>Vladimir isn't morbidly obese
Why lie?

It's already confirmed that Skarsgard will have huge fat prosthetics all over his body.

>the word of the cast and crew specifically
reminds me of the time Chloe Moretz said Luca Guadagnino was the closest thing to Kubrick during the Suspiria screenings

You’re not wrong but I liked Birdman desu

Attached: johnSchoenherr_dune5.jpg (736x538, 59K)

David Dastmalchian is not a brainfried 20 year old twitter girl

Attached: dastmalchian.jpg (721x237, 76K)

Attached: johnSchoenherr_dune6.jpg (1300x1814, 337K)

Attached: johnSchoenherr_dune7.jpg (1600x1167, 151K)

Tell me about the Dune universe. All I know is from the game Dune 2000 and I loved the sardukar big bulky black armored troops with green glowingface shields.

sand, spice, space minorities and worms

Like, why dune? Why spice? Why does entire fucking universe revolve around dune and worm poo?

>meme cinematography but feels infantile and forced because of the shallow "themes", limited ideas, lack of imagination and heavy-handed beating of the audience
you describe kubrick

Here senpai
youtube.com/watch?v=VZ2Nfvc8WMw

Still a sand nigger

That's the point.

Villeneuve's Dune will be the most kino film ever put to screen, but it will go completely over normie heads and bomb miserably at the box office. This is doomed to become the greatest taste of a series that could've been.

Kubrick is clearly a robot, there is no dishonesty whatsoever. His kino screams robot from the first second and don't stray off that line, never claiming to be anything else.

MORE

What's wrong with Zendaya? Chani was a mutt in the book.

The worm poo enhances cognitive abilities. Specifically in regards to predicting future timelines.

The space fairing guild needs it for navigating in hyperspace so their ships don't hit shit and explode constantly. Strategists also use it for the same reason, but to a lesser effect. There is also a giant eugenics program going on in the noble families in order to create people who can predict the future really well in the long term and steer humanity in the right direction.

It's a wonder drug that doesn't really have side effects and extends your life. Basically, only nobles have access to it, it's a vital resource for space travel AND a handful of it can apparently buy you a house on Tupile.

he's certainly not the worst director to get the project

>It's a wonder drug that doesn't really have side effects and extends your life.
Except if you take it for a long time and stop, then you die. And it mutates your body if you take it very high doses.

The whole "Dune" universe defies the known laws of physics, and there's nothing a director can do to keep it from looking really, really stupid on-screen.

>Except if you take it for a long time and stop, then you die.
doesn't your body just wither real fast? as in, it cannot fuel the "improved" metabolism without the spice?

>The space fairing guild needs it for navigating in hyperspace so their ships don't hit shit and explode constantly.
I actually really like Dune's take on space travel. Navigators are just really really good at figuring out where to go to avoid collisions, but don't actually do any of the travel themselves. That shit has been made possible since forever with the Holtzman engine.

Rhymes with lemon

>dat feel when so many things were made possible due to holtzman effect and the dude who invented it was an absolute genius
>prequel novels shit on him by saying he was jealous of his female apprentice who actually did all the hard work

It'll just be more White Man Bad propaganda.

based

You never read Dune, have you?

holy mother of based

Basically when anything tries to appear as something that it's not. Perfect example is Game of Thrones. Perfect example of an honest series is Spartacus.

1984 version was pretty good, almost everything like I imagined it while reading the book.

Would've been funny to see Moebius' take on the material like it was planned at one point.

i think the dishonest meme is just that, a meme, but your examples are actually spot on

To me being dishonest would imply making a visually artistic and symbolic film with supposedly equivocal story/ending and acting like you're second coming of Kubrick when in reality you made the movie the way you did because you wanted to simply copy a great shot - it's being artistic for the sake of being artistic and unique when in reality you're too untalented or too stupid to use the right tools for the right job so when you try to dismantle the "hidden" message of the movie you start seeing the hack behind those stunning, geometric visuals and those ambiguous stories and realize that telling a story of a man who has difficulty trusting and fully accepting women into his life because he feels like he is being trapped and controlled by them just like a fly in a web doesn't need an absurdity amount of symbolic CGI spiders

>it's being artistic for the sake of being artistic and unique

oh god how awful how do we end this sick filth?

Anyone who thinks films are meant to be condensed in a single neat "le message" are absolute mental midgets.
Films are not Twitter posts.

No, but I know the basic plot, and the filmmakers have literally cast every good guy as a non-White and every villain as White.

>good guys in Dune
You're immensely dumb. And what happens with them at the end?

Atleast read the book first.

Was that written by the son? Just ignore his stuff, it's mostly fanfic tier.

what a gay retcon to make holy shit lmao

Yea Forums really needs to get over Money
she's nothing special

Moner*

Imagine not wanting to have zendaya smother you with her ass
Rough life

It makes me upset but I'm too ashamed to reveal why. Example: it has a woman protag.

based

Gotta enjoy these few years before latina genes kick in.

>brainfarts
thank you for that, I laughed

PROTIP: COOPER PICARD STING

Attached: dune-2.jpg (968x681, 74K)

This guy is the combination of the weakness of every truly great director. Other anons in this thread are right: his biggest flaw is how much he doesn't trust his audience. Incendies is his best film. He should have stayed art house with lesser known actors instead of trying to go big. Even BR 2049, while good, is not the masterpiece of the original.

Attached: BladeRunner2049-TA.jpg (1720x1290, 428K)

>implying Skarsgard as the Baron won't be kino

Attached: punished boris.png (730x768, 699K)

It will be cgi and a brap noises mainly

The original is little more than a glorified VFX demo reel

Will they be shouting "Muad-dib" every time they shoot a gun ? if no that will be dishonesty

Then why do the natives of the Arctic tundra have brown skin? Evolution isn't logical, my guy.

good post and all true
at least based Nolan understands the pulpiness and inherent blockbuster nature of his most famous movies

here's hoping

I can't wait for this movie to come out just so I can witness Yea Forums's reaction.

its dishonest when villneuve makes it
thats just the meme from when br2049 released

They're going to make the Bene Gesserit a bunch of radical feminists

Moner has a nicer ass.

on a scale of 0/10....probably 0

Aren't they kind of already? The Bene Gesserit always struck me as a personification of man's fraudian perception of femininity.

Not really. Their sole goal is to make a superior male specimen who can harness both sides of their hocus pocus. The whole female organization is dedicated to a male end.

Skarsgard is a swede. Close enough to Finnish (Härkönen)

If you stop liking it then it won't be dishonest anymore.

They've dyed it already she suits the part you've just allowed your racism to drive you nuts

Exactly, they would only become paler if it gave them an advantage. They could just have vestigially darker skin. People confuse cave dwellers as pale, because animals who have always dwelt in low light never had to develop skin pigments, but animals who already had them might have no evolutionary pressure to drop them.