Characterise for Infinity War an engaging villain who's perhaps borderline alongside Darth Vader and Joker as a GOAT...

>Characterise for Infinity War an engaging villain who's perhaps borderline alongside Darth Vader and Joker as a GOAT. People wanna' see more of him in the sequel.
>Dies IMMEDIATELY in Endgame.

Why.

How is this a good idea...

Attached: 1600.jpg (1600x901, 206K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fqYHg-Ue_Cc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Infinity War
>Good
lmao pleb
I reccomend watching some actually good capeshit like Batman (1989), Batman Returns, Spiderman and Spiderman 2, then stop because those are the only good capeshit ever made

yeah it was a bad decision. The bad guy being pre-infinity war alternate time-line Thanos was stupid.

It's amazing how they managed to turn their best villain into a stereotypical marvel fodder

wrong. Endgame is more interesting. which is why it is the highest grossing movie of all time.

>calling Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 good
Lmfao go back and rewatch, these movies are utter garbage. The only reason people on this site like them is because they watched them as children. Raimi Spider-Man trilogy is actual dogshit.

Because his character arc basically ended in Infinity War. He set out to accomplish something he made a lot of sacrifices and did accomplish it. He went to rest. Where the hell would you have taken his character from there without destroying his character development some way or another?

They didn't. Their best villain won and wasn't defeated. They had to go back in time after the fact to undo what he did, because they were unable to save the world and instead had to avenge it. The Thanos they fought at the end of Endgame was not the same Thanos from Infinity War.

subverted expections pleb

nobody expected him to DIE and then come back for the rest of the film so his death has almost no meaning or significance

Infinity wars was a bait. Once you took it they made the sequel for homosexuals and women. Naturally the villain has to be a non menacing bitch. You need to have explicit gay characters and gay jokes and stronk women who don't need no man.

Having repentant Thanos join the Avengers, and die fighting his past self would've been kino.

You forgot X2.
@117047015
Not even giving you a (You) for your stupid ass contrarian opinion. Spider-Man 2 was a critical and box-office smash, Molina, Maguire and even Dunst all gave sincere and powerful performances, the writing and direction was impeccable, especially considering the source material, and even the special effects were good, and have, for the most part, aged gracefully.

Thanos has literally no reason to be repentant though. It would make no sense, given how strong his convictions are shown to be in the previous movie

The first Spider-Man is the perfect capeshit movie. Spider-Man 2 is definitely pure dogshit on a rewatch as an adult.

He died knowing he won. I'm just happy that he had his happy ending

As someone who worshipped Spidey 2 as kid, rewatching it as an adult was an extreme let down. The movie is crap. Molina is a good Ock, but the writing and pacing are painfully inconsistent.
>endless MJ/Peter will they/won't they, when the matter was settled at the end of 1 - they couldn't be together because he's Spidey
>Pete losing his powers for the most contrived reason
>as good as Molina is, he doesn't hold a candle to Dafoe
>every single conversation Pete has in the film is overly dramatic
>overused CGI in the fight scenes
Only good things in the movie were the train fight, Tobey as Pete, Molina as Ock and JK Simmons as Jameson, obviously.

>Spider-Man 2 was a critical and box-office smash
Hurr durr it was popular so it was good
>Molina, Maguire and even Dunst all gave sincere and powerful performances
Tobey Maguire brings 0 personality to the role of Peter Parker, it's ridiculous that anyone likes him in that role. He's just, like, there... Everyone else in the movie is fine, although they have to work with that garbage ass script
>the writing and direction was impeccable
incorrect; the story was so stupid. seriously, go back and watch it again, it's just your childhood goggles talking. MJ constantly going back and forth is ridiculous. Doc Ock's story is actually so dumb with the chip that prevents his mind from being controlled by the arms is contrived and so dumb (Assuming this is a vestige from the comics, but they could have changed it to make it less fucking retarded). The whole subplot where Spider-Man isn't able to use his web powers for no reason and talks to the doctor about his dream may actually be stupider than anything that happened in Spider-Man 3.
>and even the special effects were good, and have, for the most part, aged gracefully.
Yeah this is true, although I think the Spider-Man costume in these movies is pretty bad compared to later iterations

He referred to the stones as a temptation, presumably their ability to undo what he did.

The reason pre-snap Thanos in Endgame wasn't "developed," was because he didn't go through the lengths the first one did to reach his goal. although I still think it was kool how the Thanos' were sort of aware of eachother

>calling a movie with this retardation in it "perfect"
youtube.com/watch?v=fqYHg-Ue_Cc
>Spider-Man 2 is definitely pure dogshit on a rewatch as an adult.
This is correct

Classic contrarian Yea Forums brigade coming in to shit on a great movie because it's been popularly accepted as great. Pure fucking pottery. Yeah, something being popular doesn't necessarily make it good, but something isn't automatically shit because it's popular either. Just because you don't understand the actual human struggle of being in love with someone but feeling other pressure pulling you in other directions doesn't make it stupid or senseless, that's a natural and normal feeling and a good theme to explore.

the only thing I can see that's stupid is the fact that the cops don't instantly start shooting him but I guess you could argue civilians were getting in the way.

>but something isn't automatically shit because it's popular either
I'm aware, which is why we listed several reasons to dislike the movie (Spider-Man 2)
>because you don't understand the actual human struggle of being in love with someone but feeling other pressure pulling you in other directions doesn't make it stupid or senseless
t. incel who has no idea how relationships work and doesn't realize the stupidity of MJ's actions. If you think this is someone's actual response to this kind of situations, you have either never spoken to a woman or you have some serious emotional problems and should speak with a therapist
>doesn't respond to any other criticism of the movie
of course, because there is no defense. Shitty writing is shitty writing.

>doesn't see the acting, special effects, choreography, writing, etc.
lol ok

Fail shill

Thanos was the only good part of End Game or Infinity War.

Attached: thanoseat_real2.gif (632x483, 2.49M)

That scene was pure 100% kino. You're genuinely retarded.

They kinda forgot

>Yea Forums has actually gotten so reddit that people here now shit on Raimi Spiderman and praise corperate garbage like Avengers
Why am I still here

Attached: sa.jpg (640x640, 71K)

Because you're retarded enough to like the Raimi movies

>He says this while eating up disney shit like a good goy
Reminder no matter how shit you think Raimi Spiderman is, it will always be objectively better than anything in the MCU
Liking MCU shit means you are beyond retarded.

You're fucking retarded if you think Yea Forums and reddit don't share 90% of the same favorite movies

>going along with the hivemind opinion that MCU is unilaterally bad and Raimi is good
Yes, there is plenty of garbage that is worse than anything Raimi made in the MCU. No one is denying that. But to say that Raimi's movies are actually that great is to be ignorant of reality. You probably haven't watched those movies since you were 9 years old. Go back and see how utterly shitty they really are.

Reddit hates Avatar
Yea Forums loves it
Reddit loves Avengers
Yea Forums hates it (90% of the time atleast)
Reddit loves BR2049
Yea Forums hates it
Reddit loves The Dark Knight
Yea Forums hates it and prefers Burton batman

I can go on all day, stop with your revisionism and go back,

>But to say that Raimi's movies are actually that great is to be ignorant of reality. You probably haven't watched those movies since you were 9 years old. Go back and see how utterly shitty they really are.
I watched 2 for the first time a year ago and still rewatch it every 3 months, if you are unable to appreciate the Raimi kinos, you are a disgrace to cinema itself and you'd be better off deepening yourself in lesser artforms more suited to you like Video Games

TIL there have only been 8 movies ever. Face it, redditors and Yea Forums agree more often than not

>I watched 2 for the first time a year ago and still rewatch it every 3 months
Ah so you are 7 years old. Everything makes sense now.

I'm talking about all movies, not 3 capeshits and BR, also Yea Forums loves BR2049 you spack what are you even on about

Thanos was easily the best part of endgame

Nice ad hominem, truth is you need to go back to .

>Face it, redditors and Yea Forums agree more often than not
Yes, but reddit also agrees breathing air is good. Obviously there are some things that can be universally agreed on

>that disintegration effect
kek

>character arc
We get it. You watch nerdwriter or some other shitty youtube film essayist who think all filmaking needs to follow narrow and poorly defined rules

Yea Forums is not a single entity, you dumb

If you really haven't seen Spider-Man 2 before just recently, it's a sign that you are younger than most of the other people here who actually grew up with it and know what they're talking about. The fact that you rewatch it so frequently is also a sign that you're a child, as that's what all kids do with movies they like: rewatch a lot.

You may not actually be 7 years old but you have the film-watching habits of someone around that age. And since I don't want to be online arguing with a literal child, I am done with this discussion. I'm not gonna make fun of a kid for watching a kid's movie. You can call it "ad-hominem" all you want, but it's interesting that you call me out for just describing a characteristic of yours, rather than actually denying you are that young. Speaks volumes.

Also, the use of the fallacy fallacy (which you're using) is yet another sign of immaturity. Enjoy elementary school, it's unironically probably going to be the best time of your life since you have no responsibilities.

>acting, special effects, choreography, writing, etc.
All of that is fine, tho. I'm not sure you get Raimi's style, try watching the Evil Dead movies first

yeah but leftists will start to bitch and whine about air quality lmao

>Yea Forums hates BR2049 and TDK
where do you think we are?

>The fact that you rewatch it so frequently is also a sign that you're a child, as that's what all kids do with movies they like: rewatch a lot.
Nigger what the fuck are you on about, as a child I used to watch a film once and return it to the video store the night after, I never knew any kid that watched a film over and over.
Rewatching movies was only a thing I started doing in my later teens.
You are absolutely braindead my man, I reccomend suicide

It's not 2017 anymore, only trannies post about 2049 anymore.

Just tell me what you think they should have done with Infinity War Thanos in Endgame that wouldn't have made him less compelling, smartass.

I group of people can still agree on one thing, retard

>You are absolutely braindead my man, I reccomend suicide
le ad hominem

Thanos is over 1000 years old, the timespan between 2014 Thanos and Infinity War Thanos is 4 years, Thanos's character changing from interesting villain to retarded marvel villain is the stupidest fucking logic I've seen people try to play off as making any sense.

Attached: 1559745471964.jpg (680x422, 70K)

meanwhile right wingers will choke to death on smog and won't complain so as not to lose big oil donors all while coughing "lol triggered lefties" as they die of lung disease

Respond to:

I'm not talking about infinity war Thanos in endgame I'm talking about 2014 Thanos in endgame.