The flanderization in this show is through the fucking roof

the flanderization in this show is through the fucking roof

Attached: file.png (250x339, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FHVKzn2NrzI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 15154983177712.png (800x500, 190K)

I'm watching this show right now and its ok

>Michael starts off as a ludicrous caricature and gradually becomes a more well-rounded person
>Everyone else starts off like a normal person and gradually becomes a ludicrous caricature

Thats what she said.

Attached: c362e500665e1ac49d983a6e1d9387ac--freaks-and-geeks-rashida-jones.jpg (736x557, 38K)

Because they knew they couldn't replace Carrel so they just turned everyone into a Micheal

it's one of the gayest shows ever

hahaha so am I

proof?

worst moment in one of the later seasons was when the cam zoomed in really fast on the interns face (like with Jim) and the intern looked right at the camera with a lol wtf expression (like Jim), it's like the show was really over and had nothing new to offer but stale caricatures

Attached: office505pam.jpg (443x339, 55K)

british office is so fucking awful

not as awful as the US one tho

Boom. Roasted.

Attached: 02-01-07 - 02.jpg (384x288, 17K)

Objectively one of the greatest shows ever made

>low production value
>full of ugly people who never worked again
>short lived
>unappealing
>falsely thought of as nuanced

Vs.

>well put together
>full of movies stars, pretty people and comedy writers
>long run, reviewed constantly
>beloved
>carefully studied and dissected

Yeah, thats Yea Forums vs. Reddit alright.

Cringe

this but reversed

You wish, bitch.

truth hurts sweety

>famous and proudly endorsed by audiences and celebrities

Vs.

>obscure and assumed to possibly receive attention from celebrities who hide their presence due to the likely stigma and shame

Reddit vs. Yea Forums then? There's your reversed.

>first view
Cringy beginning but entertaining and funny later
>second view
Comfy as fuck
>third and up
It becomes top 5 of all times

What are some other tv shows that are like this? Any genre

Yeah I hated Michael for a long time on my first watch. I watch it pretty much straight through on repeat now ever since Always Sunny left Netflix.

Well id say, without as extreme a change
Angel
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Boston Legal

Do you watch the later seasons or restart once David Wallace buys the company back?

It would have been fine if they just had Jim slowly turn into a less-well-intentioned version of Michael, like they were clearly doing for the first few seasons. Instead, they had to make sure all of his dreams came true because he's the boy equivalent of the Manic Pixie Dream Girl

>It would have been fine if they just had Jim slowly turn into a less-well-intentioned version of Michael, like they were clearly doing

Motherfucker, you redefine being wrong. Wow. The fucking Office went over your head, what in the fuck.

I watched the Brit version and it basically just ended. There was no point.

I get selective with episodes starting season 5, season 7 is almost unwatchable and 8 and 9 don't exist

jim is a mary sue by definition

>flanderization
What's the difference between flanderization and character development?

I usually watch the last 2 seasons. Sometimes I will reset after Michael leaves if it is has been a week or two since I watched an episode.

One improves on a character while the other simplify them

Kevin

>low production value
>full of ugly people who never worked again
>short lived
This is like every fucking british show ever

On contrast even good U.S. shows like sunny, get milked to death
short lived is always a good thing
Still no point explaining it to someone who probably watched BBT, how i met your mother etc
You mutts are the death of culture, plain and simple

They're pretty much the opposite of one another. Character development is giving a character added depth and personality, whereas Flanderization is exaggerating one or two traits at the expense of them being a more well-rounded person.

development expands a character, flanderization simplifies them

Attached: file.png (330x598, 251K)

Now my dick is hard. I want her to bully me.

Ed Helms and Craig Robinson did more to ruin this show than anything. They sing and play instruments waaay more than is quite right for a workplace comedy.
I was watching an episode on cable yesterday and Andy bring somebody coffee and just starts singing about it. For no reason.

Yeah. You enjoy your 3 episode seasons.

>programme is years old with multiple seasons
>theres a total 12 episodes
Luther went to shit, btw.

Attached: d3276249a978c7d76bb681435efddfda.gif (434x246, 635K)

Don't forget the terrible audio and constant mumbling. I can't decipher 20% of what they say in the british version.

Ed Helms was the cancer that infected the show early on and then terminally metastasized once Michael Left.

Attached: 1403396983310.gif (200x100, 369K)

Literally nobody cares about the British version of The Office, anywhere.
All it did was launch Ricky Gervais’ career as a professional Twitter douchebag.
The entire first season of the office is just a shot for shot remake of the original episodes anyway. The only reason someone would bring up the British version is to be contrarian and to prove how smart they are since everything popular is bad and European is somehow inherently better than American.

>Ed Helms
I liked Andy when he was just a sociopath.

I had to watch it with subtitles on. I could barely understand anything they were saying.

>”WULDJU LIKE A GOOKIE GOOKIE? A GOOKIE GOOKIE!”
Uh...yeah. That’s gonna be a fucking based from me.

Attached: 4055A2F5-6F88-4278-822B-CBCB4924B3BC.jpg (599x492, 35K)

I remember trying to watch it in like 2007 during NBCs xmas break and just couldn’t understand what they were talking about.

The first couple seasons had so many jokes that would cause drama nowadays. It was based. Michael was constanly being racist or sexist.

This is so painfully retarded it hurts. Ed Helms was an amazing character that was destroyed in the final couple of seasons as a fuck you for trying to advance his career in comedy movies. Fans hated what they did to his character and the producers didn’t give a fuck. At least give a character that actually went from a staple to hot garbage as an example. Someone like Creed or Phyllis. Andy had a great arc that they decided to fuck over when he left to make a few movies.

>Ed Helms was an amazing character

Attached: Michael.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

I’d prefer a season 7 Andy episode to what they resorted to after he left. Which was a fucking awful pattymelt of Kevin, Phyllis and Stanley and some shenanigan all fused into one B story

this. I never understood when people say they hated andy throughout all the seasons. It's well known he turns to utter crap in the last 2 or 3 seasons, but he is one of my favorite characters from around season 3 to 6ish. I also like all his music bits. Andy and dwight country roads is major musical office kino. He is actually a pretty talented musician.

Who knew Ed Helms was a shitposter

>I can’t refute, so here’s a picture that could maybe be considered a response.
You really Shruted that one.

>he is butt

I'm not going to argue that Ed Helms is complete shit because everyone already knows that he is.

The show would have been better if they kept Ryan as a straightman amidst the office instead of a hipster douchebag a.k.a another eccentric weirdo.
The part in office olympics where the throws away Pams yogurt lid medal was great. Yeah, you could get the engaged office hottie to be your BFF like Jim, but at what cost? And to what end?

>Ed Helms was an amazing character
>I never understood when people say they hated andy
>he is one of my favorite characters from around season 3 to 6ish.
>I also like all his music bits.

I mean, i cant argue against bad taste.
Andy was Michael without the delivery, charisma or relatability. And not due to writting or characterization, their dialogues and references apart from Cornell could be interchangeable. And then, when Michael left they doubled down on Ed Helms and Andy.

He was terrible, liking him is terrible taste.

Attached: pam_awkward~01.gif (500x282, 2.87M)

Ryan fucked Pam after she and Roy broke up

Attached: jap_yeah.gif (537x317, 3.84M)

I assumed it's a parody of English office etiquette, that people are expected to talk at an extremely low volume.

Umm, no?

Attached: 1493098303086.jpg (300x400, 36K)

It was heavily implied in the S3 webisodes

Ryan and Pam spend like the next 7 years dissing each other and its never even alluded to though?

>doesn't constantly bicker with the slampig at work you once fucked

Attached: pm81.jpg (960x640, 103K)

she is a Scranton 7

He does though, they argue all the time and she’s always calling him on his shit
Plus, Kelly, who is a psycho, never mentions or alludes to it? She doesn’t even show a mild dislike of Pam?

>riufsu, we use za riufsu

youtube.com/watch?v=FHVKzn2NrzI