Is cinematography the most important thing?

Is cinematography the most important thing?

Attached: 1560961055629.jpg (886x1090, 152K)

Head Feed & Seed Operator is the most important position in a movie

who is the qt

No. Writing is.

Attached: 1560855127250.webm (700x860, 2.83M)

STOP posting this fucking girl. She looks like my ex and every time I come to Yea Forums I'm reminded of this.

nell free of tigers

Attached: 57644817.jpg (1080x1257, 113K)

You can make a film withiut writing

Myrcella should stop smoking or she'll look like Cersei soon

No. It is having a story or at least a theme to convey. Some of the more esoteric artsy fartsy types scoff at this idea, but it is true. Cinematography in its broadest sense (color, blocking, composition, ect.) is #2.

>smokes
>qt

no

>doesn't smoke
>bender
I bet you vape or something

this guy gets it

Smoking is aesthetic

Yes but it would be pretty boring. Even if you had no dialogue you would still need a script of some sort to have a story.

She literally doesn't.

Also, script is first. Always first.

she looks 30

Attached: 61310558.jpg (1080x766, 132K)

wrong faggot i dont vape either

for trash it might be

>He got to fuck a girl as cute as this

Don't rub it in our faces dude.

Attached: 1560942256833.webm (1920x1040, 2.91M)

so.. only a few more years to go until she's perfect

thanks user
smoking is sexy you fucking queer

yikes

Attached: gn-gift_guide_variable_c.jpg (970x535, 19K)

It's because she got her eyebrows filled in

see
making a film without a story is like talking gibberish

Shitty self tan and lighting

it's a real tan

Attached: ntf.webm (480x600, 1.88M)

>She looks like my ex
lol

>all these people saying script/writing is the most important factor in cinema
The clues in the name. You don't go to read a script you go to watch a film. Scripts are necessary but when everything is considered it's not the most important thing.

Plot will always be the most important aspect of a movie, no matter what self-proclaimed film experts will tell you. Whether or not the movie has pretty pictures is just a bonus.

Is she on cocaine?

>that clavicle

Attached: 1486488650264.jpg (212x321, 51K)

NUBILE

>white woman
Yep.

is girl skin as soft as it looks?

Yeah. If you touch the fat under your armpit where there isn't any hair. Its like tht.

>smoking is sexy
For me it's really bipolar; I either find it to be incredibly attractive or just repulsive. Like in a Blade Runner, film noir sense is looks so fucking good but then I see some photo of a chick smoking a joint or even just a regular cigarette thinking she's so artsy and sexy and it just repulses the fuck out of me.

It is a visual medium, but it is encoded with more than just what you see.

Attached: Ngoc Trihn.jpg (500x700, 132K)

LITHE, LISSOM AND LIMBER.

Why is the sweetest fruit there is so forbidden

Attached: 1560943273905.webm (1330x720, 2.98M)

second only to butt design

wtf happened to her

Attached: 1553312384106.jpg (3000x2000, 474K)

Is refn obssessed with nubile blonde teens?

did dabibs harvey her?

Attached: 1553314943064.jpg (597x623, 154K)

Attached: tiger free btfo.webm (1920x1040, 2.91M)

wher this from?

this is his daughter

Attached: 61427824.jpg (1080x1345, 125K)

>those 18th birthday balloons

Absolute diamonds right now.

Attached: 1561285438060.jpg (1082x818, 83K)

Editing is the most important.

Writing>Cinematography>Directing (actor performances)>Editing>Sound>Anything else

Actually I'm having a second thought.
Writing>Cinematography>Directing (actor performances)=Editing>Sound>Anything else

Looks like a dude in the thumbnail, not even memeing

do you think he only casts the goose so they have a better chance of mating together?

Yea Forums has made you paranoid

Attached: 44647525.jpg (1080x1349, 154K)

Scripts are mere starting points for the director to then execute his narrative. You can have the same exact script and make 20 extremely different films out of it, execution is what matters.
Almost every great film ever made is great because of it's execution and not the script, from 2001 to Blade Runner. Even most Tarkovsky films have a pretty simple script if you take it just as an on-paper story, but because of his great non linear poetry-like execution they are considered as some of the best films ever made.

Now back to your tarantino flicks

Reminder that her predecessor was qter.

No, you just don't understand how much of the film is, by definition, determined by the script. The director and director of photography might be able to give a film a completely different tone, but they cannot change the subject matter. The script provides the foundation of any film. Everything else might be important, but it still comes second to the script, literally and figuratively.

Nice eyes.

Nell Nigger Free

Well ofcourse it has importance, just as any other element.
A single line in a script can be 5 second or 5 minutes long, depending on how the director interprets that line.

And even if you have the greatest script in the world, if it's given to a lousy director or a lead that has a terrible performance then it doesn't matter at all.

nice blog

>it's my first time user.... I'm kinda nervous. D... does it hurt?

>Editing is the most important.
Have you seen most American films?

Entire portions of a script can be cut, added or rewritten during filming at the whims of the director and how he feels.

>smoking is sexy you fucking queer
>yellow teeth
>yellow fingers
>that fucking stench
so hawt

Editing is not the most important, but it is the easiest way to ruin an otherwise good movie.

mommy's boy

I can tell you amateurs know nothing about filmmaking. A bad film with decent sound is still watchable, a good film with bad sound does not exist because bad sound will break even the best script or cinematography

Anyone else watch Orson Welles dabbing on Refn and Cosmatos from the grave?

Attached: image.jpg (220x305, 21K)

Depends on what you're smoking. Cigarettes sure as hell are neither sexy or aesthetic. A cigar or pipe for a special occasion might be.

Yes
Read a book

Because you are subconsciously picturing it as a cock

No.
Audiences will accept bad cinematography. They won't accept bad sound (unless they're shills or deranged fanboys (see Nolan films))

This. I have Batman Vs Superman and the sound is dogshit, also with Spiderman Homecoming, can't watch either. Conversely the soundscape of Let The Right One In is exquisite.

now that's a well written scene

>muh script
read a fucking book, faggots

Attached: 1560914595078.webm (1334x720, 2.96M)

If you think that the film within a film's criticisms apply to Refn then you might just be retarded. Like genuinely, you'd have to have zero awareness of Refn's films or what Orson's criticism was.

Anyone who didn't watch all 13 hours of Too Old To Die Young should be barred from Yea Forums and forced to post on a special pleb board if they want to talk about tv and films

>he never idolised the man with no name
I actually feel kind of sorry for you

Directors and actors get the glory for a reason.

>tfw no bad poosi and myrcella gfs

Attached: JiqSN1u.jpg (1024x768, 88K)

This. If cinematography were the most important, then all Yea Forums posts would be pictures and videos instead of texts.