Random 12 year old buy picked up by tinder hookup

>random 12 year old buy picked up by tinder hookup
>almost die 3 times, no biggie
>taken to humanities most secret base
>taken to the most secret project
>gets to drive the most powerful weapon humanity has like 10 min after finding out it even exists
>"now, 12 year old boy we just met, go fight this monster we have no other way of killing!"

Why is this show so praised again..?

Attached: evangelion.jpg (1024x819, 586K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4
netflix.com/title/60024788
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Imagine being so dumb that you can't understand a children's cartoon.

imagine idolizing a children's cartoon

This is possibly the most brain dead take on Eva you could ever have. So what's it like haveing a vagina?

I just finished marathoning the first episode. I had the same reaction.

Hopefully it is explained later on why Ikira chose his son to pilot Eva-01.

Imagine Asuka stomping on your face and balls with her bare feet

He did for the shit and giggles.

Cause [spoilers]you need to be severely emotionally damaged to pilot an Eva.

Real spoiler here Eva 1 is Shinji's mom.

Because he wasn't just some random 12 year old boy, did you even watch the show?
His mom was inside the giant fucking robot.

Was his Mom also Rei? What's her deal?

Rei was a clone of Yui (Shinji's mom). They look identical at Rei's age. Unit-01 can sync with Shinji because he's Yui's son. It can also sync with Rei because she's a clone of Yui. If you recall, there was a whole room of clone Rei's shown at the end. Also: Rei dies once or twice during the show and is replaced with another Rei. The big one that springs to mind is during the fight with the rope like Angel and she self-destructs.

He's the only one that can pilot it
meanwhile, retards for decades have gotten upset that shinji doesn't immedietly man up and pilot EVA 01 like it's nothing

Ah, got it. Thanks user

Rei is a clone of Yui, plus some genetic makeup of Lilith and Lilith's soul. Unit-01 is a full clone of Lilith with Yui's soul.

If this was a faithful translation they would have kept the jingoistic title for the 'angels' that implies 'foreigner' rather than the one commonly used since the adv dub.

Any word on the success of the netflix version?

Jesus the first episode had one of the most basic and understandable premises ever after the EVA goes berserk and Fuyutsuki casually remarks they've won. Shinji's body was the only thing required to win that fight.

I never watch anime but this is lowkey pretty comfy

Rebuilds are pleb filter.

Attached: Evangelion_3.33_moon.jpg (1920x814, 144K)

Imagine the smell

Attached: yLk1mfk.png (853x480, 476K)

Test

Shut up with these dumbass fake spoilers retard

>Show sets up questions and mystery for the audience to be interested in
>Zoomer's want everything spoodfed up front
This generation has the attention span of a goldfish

>marathoning the first episode
>marathoning
>a 20 minute episode

Attached: k-on_full_of_fuck.jpg (677x594, 70K)

>posts amine
>is retarded

Pottery

I still have no idea what the fuck this is supposed to be. So Shinji went outside with his gay friend and saw the moon all torn up due to half Third Impact like Earth was? What's all the other giant shit in 3.33 like the huge hourglass thing?
Fuck's sake did Anno just go crazy when he made this thing?
Don't get me started on the "idiot complex" of that movie where if just one fucking person sat down for 2 minutes and told Shinji what the fuck happened it could have prevented every bad thing that happened in it.

Finished it up last night. Now what do I watch next to figure this shit out?

Because Shinji reacts to his predicament like a real teenage boy instead of an archetypal anime protagonist and is almost completely destroyed by it.

Eva's strength and unique quality is the authenticity and underlying psychology of its characters.

Its pleasant slice of life moments interspersed with horrifying violence and suffering are intended to reflect the mindset and experience of a person living with mental illness.

End of Evangelion

The End of Evangelion like the other user said.
youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4

Is EoE not on Netflix?

It's there for me, not sure about your region

netflix.com/title/60024788

I don't know what the fuck is on Netflix user, I was just saying to watch EoE to figure out how it really ends most of what happens in the show.

last movie was a masterpiece i cried so much in the end. i must have been high on lsd.

If you are not trolling then give up on the series now, most of the plot points are vague and hinted and not explained to you like you are 6 years old.

Doesn't the Eva have his mum's soul in it? Isn't the point of sticking him in there solely about triggering the berserk mode of a crazed parent trying to protect their kid? Oh, spoilers I guess.

t. Reddit refugee who's only been to Yea Forums for a month

Gayboy literally tells and shows crybaby what happened. Then he convinces him he can fix it.

>marathoning
>a 20 minute episode
boomer detected. go read your AARP magazine old man

Just imagine the smell of this showdown.

Attached: 1561060530168.png (1800x1249, 1.65M)

it's ruined by changing their body types

NGE comping to Netflix is the Yea Forums equivalent of King Crimson coming to Spotify.

First episode is pretty stupid but at least it sets everything up pretty quickly

Yeah, and gayboy tells him after all the bad shit happens. The first 20 minutes or so Misato or literally anyone else could have just said hey btw after you "saved Rei", Third Impact half happened but no, everyone treats him like shit and he goes back to being SEELE's bitch working for his dad. Hell, even during the final confrontation where he pulls the Lances from Fake Lilith, all Asuka or gayboy or Rei had to do was say "hey maybe you shouldn't do that man".

Attached: 1548906676895.jpg (410x369, 46K)

It's almost as if he was invited there to work as a pilot... What the fuck OP

Reminder Gendo literally did absolutely nothing wrong other than having a punk ass little bitch boy for a son

Attached: 07E02BDE-6107-48F5-95CB-EF4997A42AF8.png (500x713, 202K)

It's times to share some kino doujinshi

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_09.jpg (1059x1512, 739K)

>destroyed humanity through the power of globalization
>all so that he could unite with his waifu
Sounds like he did plenty wrong

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_10.jpg (1027x1496, 615K)

>tang all of humanity just because your waifu died
We've all lost loved ones, user. Killing everyone to reunite with your dead love is kind of a big deal.

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_11.jpg (1050x1512, 719K)

>Tips pandora

Wouldn’t you risk everything to save the one you love user.

Not to mention Yui didn’t want to come back anyway, her existence as Unit 01 would be an immortal monument to humanity.

Say low-key again, I dare you, fucking say it again.

Attached: 430DEB0B-ED86-4E76-9C75-10A30353CFC2-12016-0000036F08417F91.jpg (783x1024, 75K)

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_12.jpg (1042x1485, 609K)

>jannie tries to get a thread b& with NSFW dojins because his requests to the mods didn't work before
Reminder that he does it FOR FREE

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_13.jpg (1031x1475, 569K)

Low key if you get the opportunity you should kill yourself

Don't know myself. Always felt like something the internet praises just because they decided to in secret. Gave up three episodes in. Why is a young boy allowed to live alone with a grown alcoholic woman and her penguin? How is the government able to cover up giant monsters fighting? How come yet another scifi work of fiction insists that children are the best suited individuals to fight in a war against merciless aliens?

High key stop typing like a nigger

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_14.jpg (1082x1492, 717K)

Your doujin is lame

No monetary compensation? Surely you jest

Attached: EAD9E443-1378-45B2-A90D-412F261219C5.jpg (1000x528, 66K)

The real unanswered question is why did Shinji choke a bitch at the very end?

Attached: 009.jpg (1280x1807, 380K)

>asking why the snozberries taste like snozberries

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_15.jpg (1061x1498, 635K)

Do you want an actual explanation? Because I can answer all of your questions, but the show will answer them too if you pay attention.

Watch the rest user. The robot is his mom. Stop being so new

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_16.jpg (1040x1487, 620K)

>not understanding the easiest part of Eva to understand

>Why is a young boy allowed to live alone with a grown alcoholic woman and her penguin?
He would have lived alone otherwise. She took him in.
>How is the government able to cover up giant monsters fighting?
It isn't. News of the Evas and Angels are public knowledge after the first fucking battle.
>How come yet another scifi work of fiction insists that children are the best suited individuals to fight in a war against merciless aliens?
Because he's the only one besides Rei who can pilot Unit-01. Plus it's an anime whose target demographic is teenage boys who can self-insert as Shinji.

>Why is this show so praised again..?
Because it actually adresses these issues, which are a standin for the burdens society places on children and teens every day.

Enlighten me.

>Why is a young boy allowed to live alone with a grown alcoholic woman and her penguin?

Uh, why wouldn't he be?

>How is the government able to cover up giant monsters fighting?

It doesn't. The population is well aware, you know, since they have to hide in bunkers underground every time it happens

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_17.jpg (1025x1477, 613K)

See

Asuka a bitch.

>the power of globalization
God, you people are so desperate.

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_18.jpg (1042x1466, 620K)

Stop embarassing yourself.

The Vision of Escaflowne

and how does Asuka fit in there?

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_19.jpg (1050x1492, 602K)

It's all explained

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_20.jpg (1053x1512, 686K)

ITS A DECONSTRUCTION OF THE MECHA GENRE AND THE INCONSISTENCIES YOU'RE POINTING OUT ARE ON PURPOSE YOU STUPID NIGGER

>artist isn't Saigado

Attached: 311-3115666_drake-meme-hotlinebling-freetoedit-drake-yeah-no-meme[1].png (569x449, 409K)

He was still tripping balls from having his AT field smashed and glued back together and couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_21.jpg (1006x1471, 603K)

*blocks your path*
and your heart

Attached: C8E454B8-3362-49F8-9C08-E5AF922F55DB.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Unit-02 has Asuka's soul in it, which is why she can pilot it. Her mom did what Shinji's mom did and put herself inside the unit. Her body survived as a shell of who she was and she couldn't even recognize Asuka afterwards. She eventually killed herself and Asuka found the body. Back in Unit-02 she could sync with Asuka and protect her like Yui did with Shinji.

deconstruction is a meme

Asuka's mom's soul in it*

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_22.jpg (1056x1512, 651K)

Shinji's dad would be a huge sperge irl. its like he's a geeky writer's idea of a cool guy

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_23.jpg (1027x1498, 653K)

interesting, I guess I should rewatch that show

If there's one thing zoomers will never understand, it is the beauty of Ramiel.

Attached: f3k3USx.png (1280x914, 822K)

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_24.jpg (1066x1512, 669K)

>humanities
Humanities major detected

do you want me to spoil why he has to pilot the eva or did you watch the show and are just too stupid to understand the plot?

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_25.jpg (1082x1507, 733K)

Don't make me post Ramiel lewds.

Attached: The_Sixth_Angel_-_Hourglass_Form_(Rebuild).png (1920x1080, 1.56M)

end of evangelion

What a fucking slut

Attached: 8DE88578-DC1F-4136-92BA-5669AA6D891F.gif (250x250, 106K)

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_26.jpg (1040x1503, 648K)

The red grid resembles the black moon at the very end of EoE

Attached: DBE31C7D-52E3-495A-8051-5662F89DBA3A.png (1334x750, 2.56M)

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_27.jpg (1084x1512, 727K)

> I sped watched over that part where Shinji's mom Yui wanted to put him in an EVA so he can float in space for 5 billion years.

Attached: 1561213292072.png (454x520, 13K)

eva is barely a mecha anime

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_28.jpg (1050x1512, 478K)

Sometimes you just gotta choke a bitch

shake it baby

But that still doesn't make any sense. If the Rebuilds are a continuation of the actual show, like a reset of everything, how would the White Egg (the moon) have the same grid structure as the Black Egg at the end of EoE?

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_29.jpg (1055x1513, 693K)

I didn't want this. You forced me.

Attached: The_Sixth_Angel_-_Cross_Form_(Rebuild).png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

Attached: SaHa_Plug_Suit_Fetish_2_30.jpg (1067x1512, 630K)

EoE isn't an ending, it's anno yelling at his fans for being pathetic

Idk they wrote themselves into a corner and that’s why it’s been almost a decade since the last rebuild