WHAT A BORING, SAPPY, SOULLESS UNINSPIRED PIECE OF SHIT

WHAT A BORING, SAPPY, SOULLESS UNINSPIRED PIECE OF SHIT

Attached: toy-story-4-final-poster.jpg (1000x1481, 1.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ur0UXiIghiY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have sex

>implying soul exists

Yeah, it wasn't very good. Pixar is dead. Of the films they have done the last 9 years since 3, only 2 have been good.

This. 4 never happened in my book. I've also followed the underlying message of 3 about growing up since I saw it in theatres when I was a kid, and stopped caring about children's movie so much ;o

It's a nice conclusion, but Betty is in it

The movies used to be a metaphor about having kids but the third ended that arc the fourth one is like saying "kids are gone better runaway with some chick to wherever the fuck she wants to go"

>implying it isn't an excellent metaphorical abstraction

>4 never happened in my book
Nice reddit phrasing, fag

Why the fuck were there so many melodramatic scenes? Why is this movie such a fucking downer?? Toy Story used to be fun adventures, now it's just gay sentimentality.

Pixar should do beautiful hand crafted 2D animation instead.

Their appeal originally was that they were doing something Disney wasn't - fully-realized 3D animation. Well guess what, that's all Disney does now. Now the hole in their lineup is 2D animation, and that's where Pixar can rejuvenate their creativity.

God that "Onward" trailer was awful - looks barely better than the Good Dinosaur

It's just the way the story ended second and third talk about being abandoned and the fourth shows that the solution from the third wasn't enough to fill the void left by Andy, it's sad as fuck but pretty good too, was the movie necessary though. No

4 kind of fell a little flat to me. I honestly enjoyed The Good Dinosaur more.
I mean its better than Brave and Cars 2, but just felt so unnecessary to me.
Woody feels kind of out of character. Thats my biggest gripe.

after wreck it ralph 2, it doesn't seem like staying in keeping with character development is a very high priority when disney greenlights sequels

I think that a lot of it is literally just greenlighting storyboard ideas too early and not doing the revision and gestation time they give these kind of movies.
They don't really seem to be taking the time to get it right first before pushing ahead.
I feel like Incredibles 2 didn't have that problem. I think thats an example of a very good Pixar sequel and indicative that they still CAN make a great sequel movie.
Finding Dory was alright too to me because Dory actually does get a lot of character development and her personality still feels pretty on point to me.

Eh, I wouldn't call Incredibles 2 *great* (too much of a retread plotwise and it lacks the heartfelt moments the first had), but it was pretty good and there weren't any character development issues whatsoever from what I recall.

I thought Finding Dory was dreadful personally. The "emotional" scenes were SO forced it took me right out of the movie. I went in expecting that all I would get out of it was some nice ocean eyecandy and I was prepared to be satisfied with that, and then 95% of the movie takes place in a facility so I didn't even get that. You're right that being out of character wasn't a problem it had though.

The Toy Story franchise? Agreed.

Inside Out and... Incredibles?

just watched this. here are my thoughts

1. villain is much better compared to 3 has better reasoning and motivation

2. Buzz is relegated as a tertiary character, kinda sad

3. Bobeep was kinda cool. I really don't get the hate towards her (might be just memeing) but her getting hardened by her life outside is reasonable and she still fawns over Woody

4. The 2 stuff animals I kinda hated their characters, didn't really added anything to the story. Canadian guy stunt lord was funny though

Overall its a pretty ok film. Touching moments are when Bobeep says goodbye to Woody and Woody saying goodbye to the toys. Overall its a movie that shouldn't really have been made but its was okay.

Disney are wrecking the reputation of their classics by milking them for as much revenue as they can.

I'd say three:
Inside Out
Coco
Incredibles 2

also looking through the list I was surprised Brave was after Toy Story 3, my memory had it backwards

I liked Coco. I think it suffers from a really slow start, but its ironically a movie that has a great second half when thats usually the weakest part of most blockbuster films.

monsters u was watchable too. nothing to write home about and the premise isn't very strong but no major problems in execution either

>it doesn't seem like staying in keeping with character development is a very high priority when disney greenlights sequels
I'm someone else agrees with me. I feel like they've been throwing away a lot of character development in order to make sequels.

I disagree with Incredibles 2. Similar to Toy Story 4, I thought it was a good movie, but just wasn't worthy as a sequel.
They removed too much character development from the first movie just so they could gender swap the roles. It seems they forgot everything they learnt in the first movie just so they could relearn it in this movie.
That movie seriously needed a 14 year time skip. It would have given the characters a chance to forgot those lessons and provided a creative parallel between 1 and 2 being based around classic family cliches (mid age crisis for 1, and empty nest syndrome for 2).

Incredibles 2 is pretty bad too. Making Jack-Jack a superpowered baby who can solve whatever the situation throws at him made the climax so predictable without any tension. The subplot about Bob Parr helping the kids is cliched and took the air out of the Helen Parr's plot, which is far more interesting.

It's always been sentimental you dumb fuck. All of the movies have the underlying theme of the fear of abandonment. Toy Story 2 has an entire sequence about Jessy being left behind by her kid, all to the sound of sad music. I swear to God, you people've got to be literally retarded in this board.

Reminder that its a children's movie. I saw it with my kid and she loved it. I didn't really pay that much attention but I enjoyed seeing a movie with my kid. Sorry about your life of you saw this for yourself

Incredible 2 story and character development was really weak. Things characters learnt or arcs they went through in the movie where just dropped 10 seconds later, for example Bob learning how to be a capable parent only to be written out of the rest of the movie and Helen's pig headedness causing her to get caught only for her to go and fight the main villian alone again

how do you go to see a movie in the theatre and "not pay much attention"
what else is there to focus on for 90 minutes

He took his daughter to a nu-Disney film, so he probably doesn't have a lot going on upstairs.

Fixed off a few times

She's 4, the movie's target audience. It's a movie about toys running around lmfao why are adults watching this?

*Dozed off

>why are adults watching this?
once upon a time, pixar movies aimed to be good movies for both kids and adults. it seems they've been faltering with that lately though

That's why I hate Yea Forums. People on this board are uncapable of watching a movie after they settled that it has anything to do with feminism. From the moment that poster with Bo Peep wearing a cape came out, the sweaty fucks over here had decided the film was gonna be bad. Jesus Christ, get over it!
In reality, it is really well done and well directed. The "cinematography" here is the best Pixar has ever done. The first goodbye scene between Woody and Bo Peep is gorgeous. The park scene was also really pretty and felt like it was shot by Storaro himself.
Was it necessary to have another sequel? If I'm being honest, no. But it wasn't a bad film at all. I liked Gabby Gabby, I liked Woody and Bo romance, I liked Forky. It's an overall really enjoyable movie. Pixar still treats storytelling as a priority and every character has a full, well developed character arc and good motivations. It is a good movie. Might not be worth a ticket, but at least watch it when the Torrent comes out.

Coco is shit, tho.

was I the only one that felt it was as good as the others? my only problems with the original trilogy was where the fuck did bobeep go. I cried liike a bitch when Buzz and Woody said goodbye

Whos the character on the right?
I dont remember him being in the film.

way to have an incorrect opinion dude

literally not a single person mentioned feminism but ok
that is a phenomenon i see on Yea Forums though desu even if i disagree that it applies here

This. I think its perfectly fine to critique kids movies because they are made to be entertaining to both audiences as best as they can. There's always two layers.
I'm quite forgiving of mediocre movies. The better ones do a decent job of marrying the two audiences together to enjoy whats there of the movie.
But thats because I've been dragged to see bad movies, the absolute worst movies going. You learn to appreciate the good and the bad of a movie like this when you also have to sit and watch absolute tripe like Show Dogs, or A Wrinkle in Time too.
You've never seen poorly written and acted pandering as bad as I saw it in the latter movie.
I've seen literally all of Disneys movies in the last few years and ever since they shuffled the talent from Pixar to Disney there is a clear mismatch in quality. Before you had mediocre Disney movies and mostly great Pixar movies, but now its mostly mediocre main Disney movies with a couple gems, and mostly mediocre Pixar movies with a couple gems.

What? Every movie you listed was either mediocre and overhyped, or complete garbage.
Monsters U is the only decent thing to come from Pixar in recent years.

Yes, a lot of Pixar films had adult themes to entertain the parents while they sat and watched with their children.
Also because Toy Story is over 20 years old now, and the children that watch it growing up obviously want to continue watching follow ups to their favourite movies.

No seriously. It sucks.
One of the most emotional manipulative Pixar movie.

>incorrect opinion
lol

can you expand on that? i thought the emotional scenes were handled well and felt pretty honest. the only "complaint" about it that i think has any merit is the haha-hes-the-bad-guy twist that pixar keeps using but they used it in a way that served the story well imo and the way they didn't dwell on it kind of points to the fact that they acknowledge it could be seen coming

the shorts are better than 4 youtu.be/ur0UXiIghiY

>The Return of Jafar (1994) Aladdin and the King of Thieves (1996) Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas (1997) Belle's Magical World (1998) Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World (1998) The Lion King II: Simba's Pride (1998) An Extremely Goofy Movie (2000) The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (2000) Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure (2001) Cinderella II: Dreams Come True (2002) The Hunchback of Notre Dame II (2002) Atlantis: Milo's Return (2003) 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure (2003) The Lion King 1½ (2004) Mulan II (2004) Tarzan II (2005) Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (2005) Kronk's New Groove (2005) Bambi II (2006) Brother Bear 2 (2006) The Fox and the Hound 2 (2006) Cinderella III: A Twist in Time (2007) The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning (2008)

Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams (2007) Tinker Bell (2008) Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure (2009) Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue (2010) Secret of the Wings (2012) The Pirate Fairy (2014) Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast (2015)
That's what they do.

No they didn't they were always just kid movies with a few cheeky adult jokes thrown in you keep the parents awake. I've watched your story 1-3 a bunch because of my kid and 4 is way "adultier" than them. Some of it was borderline too scary for a 4 year old

I want to watch this but I don't want to pay for a theater ticket. How long does it take blockbusters to be posted in full on sites like putlocker or whatever? I found a shitty version where someone just recorded the theater screen, but it looks awful and I'm not willing to stoop that low. How long until the actual movie file is online?

I thought it had a nice message and was alright but it does feel kind of lame having so many characters like buzz and jesse saying a couple lines the whole movie. I do like focusing on woody and peep and the antagonist is good but most of the new characters were flat. Also it has that feeling of constantly retreading the same small area because of endless mishaps. they're just going in and out of the antique shop the whole movie. Compare that with the different setpieces and areas of the first and second movie (don't actually remember the third apart from the kino furnace scene) and its just a little boring.

pixar has been souless for quite a while now, what did you expect

Attached: seal.jpg (1913x1913, 283K)

>tfw they're working on a movie literally titled "Soul" and the premise actually has potential
could this be the return of soul to pixar?

Attached: isitover.jpg (473x347, 98K)

>Inside Out
can't speak to the other movies, but this one felt like it was soulless and punctuated with calculated melodrama

At least Toy Story of Terror actually built upon what was already established like giving Jessie development without retconning or fucking up her character. It was actually done better there. Here they completely changed the characters just for the sake of a sequel.
Why did they give Woody and Buzz more recorded quotes for their voice box?
Why did they make Buzz a bumbling retard? He might've been delusional in the first film but he was still very smart when he didn't have to think like a toy.

Attached: 1466280205554.jpg (500x667, 39K)

It was good, but at the same time, I wish it didn't exist. Toy Story 3 ended on a happy, open note that allowed viewers to assume a happy ending for all the characters. Now we know that Woody gets cast aside, and him and Buzz inevitably split up. And I thought the new characters were actually pretty good - but the fact that most of the OG toys got no screen time whatsoever was a bummer. Pacing was way too fucking fast too, and I had to suspend my disbelief multiple times - I don't mind "turning my brain off," but the RV sequence at the end was a big fucking stretch.

Yeah the second one is a wild fucking ride. All the parts where they're trying to get to Woody in Al's apartment building are fantastic - the scene where they cross the road is particularly kino. Al's Toy Barn is a great setting too.

>the movie's target audience
No, it's not. These films are targeted at all ages especially families. Is Monster University aimed at 4 year olds too?

Where can I find online????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You're missing aladdin IV: jafar may need glasses

Based Family Goy poster