>air tribe Chinese buddhists
>earth tribe regular chinese
>call instead of saying Ang they say Awng
>cast fire tribe as Indians
>water tribe white people
>ang also white af

How did they manage to fuck this up so badly
?

Attached: 2a4e1b0bdb91c0bf9887234c5ecebfda.jpg (700x392, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sCFFmoqAaoI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who cares about your faggy kids show

The source material doesn't lend itself to live-action easily.
Although mispronouncing the main characters name is one of the dumbest things you could do in an adaptation. Did he not watch even the first episode?

Still better than Korra though

Casting was the least of that movie's problems

What a twist!

It's a better show than most adult shows

>bad people are brown
>white people are good
This wouldn't fly today

wait, they made a cartoon out of this movie? why?

live action anime rarely works, just look at that Japanese live action thread with the cringey webms

what did indian director mean by this?

because this guy did it.
also trying to fit an entire season on a single movie.
ATLA deserved better.

Attached: shamalan.jpg (220x302, 16K)

>this show
>anime
what did he mean by this

thats not very nice :(

It's a shame this happened, it'd be really ripe right now for a good live action tv show adaptation with kino acting

whats the point? the show was fine as is. are we really just gonna keep remaking the same shit over and over? you stupid fucking american

N*tflix is doing a live-action reboot right now. But Bryke are heading it so it's gonna be shit.
I'm 99% convinced they're gonna retcon the Wan and Ravaa fanfiction into the original story.

the original is a big display of cultural appropriation by two white men so is it any wonder that the film was also racially controversial?

the vaatu and rava thing wasn't so bad. I like creation stories

>Br*ke
oh no..

I've never watched a single episode of the cartoon and thought the film was A-ok. Why are you, showfags, so insecure about adaptations ?

>air tribe Chinese buddhists
Tibet would like a word with you.

This isn't an anime, and live action adaptations of manga/anime have worked many times. You just never hear about them because Yea Forums doesn't talk about them.

imagine only ever eating shit all your life and someone says hey thats terrible try an apple

It was fucking dogshit, didn't fit the setting at all. Felt more like a Christian creation myth forced into a setting that was once about balance (Yin/Yang and such), not just good > evil.

white hollywood wants to dehumanize and exclude asian representation even at a cost to themselves

whitejews fear Asians

>was once about balance
was it?

It's probably why Asians complained so much about not getting enough roles. They don't even cast them in Asian movies

It was pretty explicitely about maintaining balance. Ozai might have been technically 'evil' but stopping him was all about keeping the Fire Nation in check and the 4 nations in balance.
Korra is about a good God figure vs an evil Satan figure that aren't balanced in the slightest. They tried to force a yin-yang thing but it doesn't make even the slightest amount of sense.

i hate korra

I think you'll enjoy this
youtu.be/sCFFmoqAaoI

Air tribes were tibetans.

You moron, Fire Tribe were Chinese and Air Tribe were Tibetan.

Fire Nation was meant to be expansionist Imperial Japanese with Chinese clothes and Thai architecture. It was always a mixture

Nah, they're just the Han Dynasty a generation after Cao Cao won.

i wanna fuck korra

It needed to be written and directed by people who had experience in martial arts films. It also needed to be paced better
Identical problems with Dragonball Evolution actually

fpbp and based

cope, grow up incel