JUNE 23

Attached: Batman.jpg (1418x2050, 356K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QnVl_TXhoZs
youtu.be/yivLt9cTaio
youtube.com/watch?v=AjY8HvpNu6o
youtube.com/watch?v=QfubcZaU1is
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DC/WB doing anything special for the 30th?

One of my most memorable cinema experiences seeing this as a kid, has it really been 30 years

>tfw bought over $200 in batman and superman graphic novels in the past 4 days
I've talked so much shit on capeshitters, but the comics are 10x better than the movies. It's shocking honestly.

Attached: 1550320155871.png (457x661, 637K)

You're a faggot

Yikes

then so is Frank Miller

Attached: IMG_7477.jpg (1624x2822, 1.06M)

nigga you could've bought your dad a watch for father's day or something with that money

I bought him a $75 dollar bottle of Scotch.
I'm not poor.

The hype for this film was unreal, and yet, when it came out it was nothing special at all.

the earth one stuff was an interesting take on supes.

it blew everyone away, and gave tim burton a career that has him coasting on since then.

Based. Check out Last Knight on Earth if you haven’t, it’s pretty great

It wasnt that good at all. It didnt blow everyone away. It was ok at best. Michael Keaton, good actor tho he was, was totally miscast. This weedy looking, ugly guy.

Everyone that cared about the character was hoping that we got the Dark Knight character, instead we got a croaking Adam west, overstylised and camp.

Train Joker

the dark knight returns batman was fucking hated then by the autists thaty knew about it. it wasn't a thing or really known about in common comics discussion til the reprints in the 90's, and the earliest late 90's early 00's scans.

IM OF A MIND MAKES A MOOGY

Patently false. It was an enormous hit, and set the standard for superhero films for years to come, possibly forever. EVERYONE was talking about this film.

It made Keaton a superstar, and renewed everyone's respect for Jack Nicholson as a Hollywood legend. Tim Burton is STILL getting financing for his shit films based on the success this film brought him. Aside from The Dark Knight (due entirely to Ledger), Burton (and to some, Keaton) is still the Batman benchmark.

By today's standards it's quite dated, but to say it was nothing special when it came out is pure made-up horseshit.

Kek fuck off zoomer, I doubt you were even born when this movie came out.

>renewed everyone's respect for Jack Nicholson as a Hollywood legend.
its what got him all those movies in the 90's.

*spills giant tupperware bowl of home made chili courtside*

>when it came out it was nothing special at all

Not true, and certainly not true at the time. Sure, now it’s been taken for granted with all the capeshit that has come out in the past 30 years, but at the time? It was a completely new and fresh take on Batman. It was exilerating.

I’ll never forget the museum scene when Batman crashes down through the skylight. I had never seen Batman do anything like that before. It was straight out of the comics. Now, all that stuff is common place, especially with the MCU, but back in 1989 there was nothing quite like seeing Batman and The Joker on the big screen.

Attached: 1C295ACC-52EA-46C5-9250-415846874A65.png (1242x2208, 1.51M)

Live action superheros were thought of as being like the TV Hulk/Spiderman or those horrible 90's Captain America/Fantastic 4 movies. This raised the bar immeasurably and although they became a parody later on, the first two are definite progenitors of the stuff we have now.

>*forgets about Superman(1978) in your path*
>heh nothing personnel, kid
Why yes Batman(1989) was the first great superhero film, why do you ask?

>my birthday
Happy birthday to me

Check out reddit.com/r/comics!

buy me a bottle and share the wealth then faggot

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Attached: joe kerr.jpg (1014x567, 52K)

capekino

Attached: 1396997624814.webm (640x360, 1012K)

Modern superhero film, yes Superman came first but it still felt like the studio's hearts weren't in it. With this movie there was a full commit by every part of Warner. Books, comic adaptions, toys, even The Animated Series which is amazing in its own right.We wouldn't get another good Superman adaption until the Justice League cartoons, which would only have happened because TAS was so good.

what kind of Gotham you want senpai?

>Burton: make it look like hell sprung from the ground and started to grow wild and unchecked by any kind of urban planning. We'll use a lot of matte paintings and models.

>Nolan: Just Chicago, please.

Attached: Gotham1989mattPainting.jpg (2037x1301, 203K)

never rub another man's rhubarb!

fuck yeah, this is what it is supposed to look like.

this scene is perfect: youtube.com/watch?v=QnVl_TXhoZs

Attached: 1417198183300.gif (500x274, 377K)

Why did Tim Burton turn to shit around Planet of the Apes?

>youtube.com/watch?v=QnVl_TXhoZs
Why did they make the batmobile look so shitty in the Nolan films? It only got cool in The Dark Knight when it turned into a swiss army knife motorcycle

He left Lisa Marie to be with that dumb blonde

Attached: lisa marie.jpg (575x680, 63K)

That is also the aesthetic the cartoon took.
The cartoon was soo kino, with many great episodes, at least till they ruined it by combining it with Superman and changing the network.
When they changed, the women all got thinner with shorter shirts (less realistic), and the writing took a nose dive. Superman ruins everything it touches, it’s sure a mary sure character.

Attached: B00041EB-3ED2-4359-B7C2-0557B35EC599.gif (400x300, 933K)

It truly was a different city.

Attached: BurtonverseGotham3.jpg (1000x598, 77K)

Also best Batmoblie ever. The Nolan films were good, but only thing I never liked was Batman’s car

The speed and other drugs caught up to him.
You would understand if you ever saw him speak in public, not on a camera.

In stills like that it's obviously a painting, but even so it's a fantastic background, you can tell this Gotham really is the scummiest place on earth just by looking at it.

The Nolan films are heavily inspired by The Dark Knight Returns. In that story arc the batmobile's been out of service for 10 years and was outfitted for heavily armored use in riots 5 years prior to that.

>Superman ruins everything it touches, it’s sure a mary sure character.
t. lex luthor

Attached: IMG_7442.jpg (560x863, 91K)

I honestly like his take on Batman. Way better than any capeshit

Attached: 4931A2B9-C10F-412C-B4AF-69760F227954.jpg (1746x2560, 514K)

I really want to read some 90's Batman comics. Can you recommend anything besides Knightfall?

burton and schumacher gotham was kino
cities I would live in, even with killer clown

Heheh...yeah.....red

Attached: 15F01DD5-5EA5-468A-B6BD-DABBF5E7E928.jpg (300x229, 12K)

I was about eight years old when the first Batman came out, I was excited and I went to see it, and while I was in the bathroom of the theater this big fat kid who was probably two years older than me started pushing me around. I punched him in the mouth but he beat the shit out of me. It was kind of a big deal. I got a bunch of free shit from the theater, and even though I lost the fight I was still satisfied that I bloodied his lip. Well thanks for reading this

>birth of the demon
>the last arkham
>the eye of the beholder

There are more but lurk some

Attached: 043AA902-9DE1-4C37-9CCA-E301F53B7DF9.jpg (905x1254, 453K)

Name one Superman movie that is above a 6/10?
Every Batman movie is at least 8/10

>Every Batman movie is at least 8/10
I think you're forgetting Forever and Batman And Robin

>Forever

Arguably still had the best song in any film

youtu.be/yivLt9cTaio

BvS sucked, though

Superman: Doomsday

Never seen Forever here, does this music video really just randomly play in the movie?

Why you have to remind me Prince died, user.

Yeah it is easy to tell that it is a painting if you look at the details. These backgrounds appear only for few seconds though, so you really don't pay that much attention to details when watching the movie.

Attached: BurtonverseGotham2.jpg (800x450, 49K)

>These backgrounds appear only for few seconds though,
That always pissed me off, I can look at these for hours. Hell, I'd watch a movie that's just a guy walking through a city like this

WRONG

youtube.com/watch?v=AjY8HvpNu6o

Is this what it feels like when anons cry? :(

Maybe someone will make a Batman theatrical play with backgrounds like these?

Attached: BurtonverseGotham1.jpg (1500x841, 164K)

to be fair, and speaking as a fan of superman here, superman was what made bvs terrible
batfleck was a cunthair away from being a literal copy & paste of frank miller's jaded thicc retired old man batman
youtube.com/watch?v=QfubcZaU1is

whoever writes superman for wb needs to be beaten
the only time in the past 20 years they've written him worth a damn was in Smallville, and that was only because they got to merge clark and superman together into one person instead of having to write around the alter ego

>WRONG

You’re saying Seel didn’t make a kino song?

It was good a song but not the best, at least in my opinion. DESU kinda pointless to argue about music taste :)

>Keaton
>Ugly and weedy

He was like 185lbs for that role, hardly weedy and nohomo but Keaton isn't ugly kek

BvS was pretty good imo, I did watch the Ultimate Cut, was the theatrical cut just really shit?

>Keaton isn't ugly kek
How do you know, user? You aren't gay are you?

isn't batman supposed to be like 6'2 230 or something like that?
keaton's bat was what? 5'10 185?

Superman, Superman II and Superman Returns is the greatest capeshit trilogy though

Batman just has to be a big guy that's strong, which Keaton was

shitty writing for superman and a terribly cast lex luthor almost make the movie unwatchable for me
the batfleck scenes are the best parts by far, except for the "why did you say that name?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" bullshit

>tfw Warner executives ruined Burton trilogy
Still not cool

Attached: Burtonverse Batmobile at Museum.jpg (2100x1388, 294K)

but superman returns is not part of that trilogy

>Superman two, kino
Nahhh
And what was Christian bales weight?

Attached: 0082800F-EC6A-46B8-94E9-C31AB08F2A58.jpg (464x289, 23K)

Best car by far

Yea Forumsmblr deserves the rope

Peak Batkino incoming

Attached: batman beyond terry.png (500x500, 354K)

>And what was Christian bales weight?
courtesy of people magazine
>The actor has a long history of fluctuating his weight and appearance for roles. He famously lost 70 lbs. for his role in 2004’s The Machinist, finally weighing in at just 120 lbs. He then gained the weight back, plus another 30 lbs. of muscle, to play Batman in the Christopher Nolan trilogy beginning in 2005.
120lbs + 70lbs to get him back to normal + another 30lbs to bulk up = 220lbs
I don't remember but I think he's around 6'1 in height though

Attached: Joker Was Here.webm (640x360, 2.78M)

I love how that one goon is carrying the silverware for Joker's dinner date.

this was the show that made me like batman
it's been so long I'm not sure if it's kino though

Didn't Jack Nicholson make a shitload of money off this film because he agreed to a percentage of the profit (something like 2%) rather than a fixed salary and the movie made hundreds of millions of dollars?

Attached: baman beyond shwacy.jpg (1568x3558, 2.68M)

You don't have to be gay to admire someone's aesthetics. Surely you'd admit that for example Johnny Depp used to be handsome as fuck. I don't wanna fuck him but SURELY you can spot the difference between Depp and buscemi.

Finding another man handsome is gay, just admit you want Keaton's dick in your ass.

I actually liked the Batman/Superman crossovers in both TAS and this more than the actual JL cartoon.

Zoomer attempts to tell xennials what happened in 1989 using meme contrarian talking points.

Take a seat young zoomer.

Attached: queen.jpg (500x741, 51K)

Ok scott

>It didnt blow everyone away.

It was the highest domestic grossing film of 1989, and the money they made on merch is fucking insane.

You are a fucking idiot.

I rewatched Batman 89 a couple years ago and it has not aged as well as Batman Returns but it was a HUGE deal back then.

>I rewatched Batman 89 a couple years ago and it has not aged as well
t. zoomer

Contagion. Unfortunately it flops the ending by being forced to lead into something else but its well worth the read.

I watched it when it came out, it was overated. It was the bubble of hype that followed it about that makes people who werent there think it was better than it was. If anything Bryan Singers X-Men was a better Superhero film, and more of an influence on super hero films today than Burtons Batman.

It was camp rubbish with a totally miscast batman.

WHO INVITED THIS COW TO THE PARTY

I was born in 85 and was a fan of the film by 1991.

>when some user derails the thread by purposely lying and baiting people into (you)

The only thing about June 23 that I care about is that it is Sonic's birthday.

Attached: sonic_chillin_the_fuck_out.png (800x600, 652K)

Anyone else kinda wish Burton would come back to make a third Batman film that ignores Forever and & Robin? Could be cool to have Keaton return to do a The Dark Knight Returns like story

the emblem is the same static color as the background so when i saw this for the first time i sat for like 10 minutes trying to figure out what it was supposed to be. a mouth? some kind of weird ring?

Sonic is gay shit for autists and furries.

Nigger it's a fucking bat you dumbass

Still better than capeshit, nigger.

Yup my birthday, first time I'm alone on that day too

Attached: no funeral.jpg (677x631, 57K)

Nigger it's a fucking elephant you dumbass.

What did you get user, more interested in the Superman stuff you got

i didnt think this low of an IQ even existed.

Happy birthday

the masrerpiece. somehow returns is even better.

Nah
Nickelson > penguin in everyway

>Only good superhero film ever since Superman
>Changed the public perception of Batman forever
No big deal at all

i like ec horror comics

What do you guys think of Batman: Dark Victory?
I've been meaning to read it after reading The Long Halloween.

Attached: image.jpg (971x1500, 135K)

I just went back and checked its gross in comparison with other 80s films and I'm shocked. It's actually the 4th highest grossing film of the entire decade.

Only E.T. and the original Star Wars trilogy sequels made more money. Holy fucking accomplishment, Batman!

Attached: FB_IMG_1561301319803.jpg (1024x548, 43K)

I think they already did a 4K release in theaters earlier this year

HOLY FUCK I'M YPE

>Michael Keaton, good actor tho he was, was totally miscast.

Attached: 1552682443228.jpg (1408x1387, 153K)

Yeah, that's such a bullshit statement. He played off a quirky brooding playboy Wayne quite well and his Batman is iconic. No one else has even come close.

>and his Batman is iconic.
Not as iconic as Bale's, literally everyone who does a Batman impression uses Bale's voice

Why else do you think Batman was such a prominent figure nowadays? It's because of this movie.
Without it Batman would still be renembered for the Adam West stuff.

literally everyone who does a Batman impression says "I'm Batman" which started as a meme due to Keaton

>perfectly lines up with the moon to make the batsymbol

that's contrived as fuck but I like it

Attached: 1516344508477.jpg (453x358, 20K)

I stood in line for two hours to see this with my cousin. Now he's got two fruity trans kids.

it's actually better than long halloween the ending makes more sense and doesn't leave you with a million questions
haunted knight is also good

I never noticed that. That's fucked up.

>I only look at the pictures
Comics were a mistake

Yes, but they say it in Bale's voice

I like seeing it as a visual marvel quip that's actually funny

That's clearly pink given that Robin's shirt is red.

there is no pink in a rainbow though

they use bales voice to make fun of it

He's right, all Batman impressions are either a faithful Keaton "I'm Batman" or making fun of "I'm not wearing hockey pads!"

Attached: Knox.jpg (476x516, 19K)

Why was Batman dressing like a homo though? Was he trying to lure the Joker out of hiding?

The narrows was a cool area in Batman Begins but they drop it for just generic empty city for the rest of the movies.

and don't forget how Bob is recording all the monetary damages losses on a note pad.

I don't see how people can hate this movie. It's flawed, sure, but it's good shit.

There are things I like and dislike about the New Batman Adventures redesigns, but the fact that they kept the 1992 continuity was considered a huge win back in the day.

>and don't forget how Bob is recording all the monetary damages losses on a note pad.
I've watched this sequence a thousand times and never noticed that.

Seeing this one in person a few years ago at WB blew my mind

He must do it.

This one’s tied with west’s for me

Still triggered by bottom left to this day

i actually remember this. hype was off the charts. shit was everywhere

>tfw hated Batman v Superman but loved all the Batfleck segments
>tfw will never get a Batfleck standalone movie like they should have done in the first place
Fuck Warner Bros

Attached: image.jpg (500x372, 28K)

18 year old zoomer here, how was the hype for this at the time?

I know that feel

But why?

>hated Batman v Superman
Pleb

The hype was off the hook. Everyone knew about the Batman movie, it was fucking everywhere.

very big

Fuck off

For you

Has the price of Batman Damned #1 gone up or down?

Attached: batman damned.png (1172x982, 600K)

>more interested in the Superman stuff you got
right now for superman I bought the first 4 editions from the death of superman saga
so death of superman, funeral for a friend, reign of the supermen, and return of superman
I thought about getting a golden age omnibus for him, but that was back in the day when he couldn't even fly yet.

they came up with ideas for ridiculous or shocking covers and made up the story later

Attached: jimmyolsen30.png (338x492, 349K)

I don't know the exact figures, but anywhere in the tune of $60 to $90 million

I remember seeing this in every detail. I was 11!!!FACT!!!

>>Nolan: Just Chicago, please.

Nolan is an overrated hack!!!FCAT!!!

1989 batman had the greatest gotham design ever, it was the biggest inspiration for the gotham design in all the arkham games

Attached: CityHallsketch.jpg (914x638, 108K)

Attached: d489b9fe513999bab3dcc4cb893a1927.jpg (1260x829, 202K)

Attached: Flugelheimsketch.jpg (945x576, 87K)

Attached: Furst_Monarch_building.jpg (1260x834, 350K)

Attached: Oldwaynetower.jpg (458x817, 98K)

>To Dad Superman

Attached: Batman Thumbs up.jpg (618x385, 37K)

>tell me doctor, do you enjoy the thircus?

Attached: Thurkis.jpg (480x360, 7K)

Batman isn't capeshit, it's capekino

when i read that I assumed he was thinking of a murder scene with a similar boy
you're projecting

WhenIi was a kid I was so excited for this movie.

Still the best batkino, prove me wrong

yes

t. Larping zoomer

Batman 89 was huge. Batmania took over the fucking country

Invest in some Alan Moore and Grant Morrison. All filmable kino.

Tfx for the pics user. Always nice to peak behind the scenes.

they called it "dark deco" where they combined art deco architecture with industrial buildings from the time period and made it look aged, as if gotham city had nothing built in it since the 40's

PARTY MAN

PARTY MAAAAAAAAAN

and it's still remembered to this day

Attached: -2287566196209209361.jpg (1000x483, 90K)

I was 25 yo back then, and this poster was EVERYWHERE
most hyped movie in history

I loved this movie and still do but "Batman Returns" actually sours on me every time I watch it, don't get me wrong it has a great cast with Walken and Michelle and Danny but the entire atmosphere and story is just too fucking weird, the first Batman was Burton doing a serious film but Returns felt like his more "gothic weird" kind of movie and that did not fit well for Batman

I knew this movie was kino when I found out it's made Yea Forumsmblr collectively seethe for 30 years

Attached: 1396997624815.webm (1280x720, 2.27M)

The TDK/Nolanites on this board are so embarrassing. It's a badge of redditism/plebeianism

biggest since the silent era

Attached: 1398378986855.jpg (1097x815, 311K)

It would completely BTFO Modern capeshit. Esp if Burton does it like Returns.

Begins Gotham was a decent mix of a real city (Chicago) and some fantasy elements. But he dropped it for a plain ass boring city for the sequels like he wasn't even trying.

It would be f*cking KINO

>Hell, I'd watch a movie that's just a guy walking through a city like this

Watch "Brazil", user.

Attached: brazil 1985.jpg (1000x563, 81K)

>That is also the aesthetic the cartoon took.

They took it even further. THere's a kind of 1940's Art deco theme going on in Burton, but ti's a bit in the background. The show took it to the forefront and made it standard. TV's are black and white. The cars are 40's style. Every sky-scraper is art deco.

Been a while since I read Year One, in the Millerverse is it a young Gordon who takes care of young Bruce after his parents are murdered? I'd imagine he's referring to that.

Oh wow, there's lots of little details I hadn't noticed before.

Also, supposedly the flashback when Jack Napier kills the Waynes is Jack + Bob.

So the official list of Yea Forums-approved capeshit is
>Batman 1989
>Batman Returns
>Spiderman
>Spiderman 2
Am I missing any?

Almost all the technology in TAS series is 1940s based, tommy guns, blimps, with the exception of the batwing all the planes are ordinary prop planes iirc, it's great. But this only lasts until it becomes the New Batman Adventures or what the name change was

I'd love to see a live action film with that aestetic. Just full 1940's or 50's everything.

They will never do that again with ANY Batman property because Batfags and zoomers hate old problematic times and want Batman to have smartphone shit on every fucking piece of his suit. 89 and BTAS was the truly first and last time Batman was in perfect unity with his origins being based on characters like The Shadow and that era of noir crime fighter. Nowadays they try to bury that as much as possible because capecucks lose interest if everything doesn't look like the Apple store.

Attached: BTAS-Gotham_City.jpg (600x450, 31K)

>They will never do that again with ANY Batman property because Batfags and zoomers hate old problematic times

Just make it full alternate universe.

Streets of Fire si set in a world that looks like the 1950's, but has the sleaze and and urban decay of the 80's. And there's tons of black characters, and no one ever comments on race. There's no racism and there's even black cops and politicians.

I've been saying for years the best way to do a DC universe on film is to start with Batman and Superman films set in the late 30's, a Justice Society film set in the 40's, Flash, Green Lantern, etc films set in the 50's, and a Justice League movie with elder statesmen Batman and Superman at the helm set in the 60's.

just watched spiderman and spiderman 2 i forgot how awesome they are. dunst gets my dick so hard

It sucks so much. Batman is supposed to be one of the greatest detectives with big brains but lately he has been doing nothing but bashing people. The same thing also happened with Sherlock Holmes. RDJ flicks are absolute bonkers compared to Jeremy Brett in one of the kinoest TV series.

I have not watched it in full but doesn't the flash show and gotham show have a lot of art deco sets?