Not gonna lie, I think I prefer the new dub

Not gonna lie, I think I prefer the new dub

Attached: 91oVbCKB9wL.jpg (1500x2250, 562K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eq5tXnflvKQ
youtu.be/seLRyYyztnk
youtu.be/4hUNgITvOw0
youtube.com/watch?v=kGMuaXIlckU
youtube.com/watch?v=6622xan963k
youtu.be/zh-K0rAkU3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=XPKH_XBuQqM
youtube.com/watch?v=FwyLkcrOy5E
youtube.com/watch?v=LnC2bmS9cBI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Except for Shinji and Gendo

Nice try, Netflix shill.

Evangelion is shit.

The only exposure I have with this anime are those /ss/ hentai.

Really? I would have said except Misato.
Gendo sounds pretty much the same and I appreciate that they made Shinji actually sound like a child

>Not gonna lie, I think I prefer the new Sneed

The manga has a dub?

To be fair, is a direct upgrade in quite a few ways.

Really the whole new dub boils down to "how much improvement is worth the removal of fly me to the moon"

>watching dubs in the first place

>how much improvement is worth the removal of fly me to the moon
It's not. Removing that song is like removing the terminator theme from T1 or 2.

I just watched it for the first time, where was it supposed to play? The end credits? Cause I found that music pretty lacking

Kill yourself, weeaboo

The credits, and then a slowed piano version of it during Kajis death

youtu.be/eq5tXnflvKQ
youtu.be/seLRyYyztnk

>I like my gook cartoons to sound like shit cause I can't stand hearing a different language

the end credits, as well as some scenes that had youtu.be/4hUNgITvOw0 now simply don't have any OST

How is it weeaboo to watch a show or movie in its original language, like it was intended to?

Its not worth it to argue with someone that cries weeaboo. Its like incel. It doesn't mean anything anymore.

Don't you have a figure collection to be jerking off on?

It was originally intended for you to have complete focus on the content on the screen rather than having to look at your TVs bezel every half second

Both of you, quit being cringe right now

Fuck that, they got rid of my main man Spike Spencer. Miss me with that gay shit.

Attached: carl.png (810x688, 455K)

Holy shit, I was honestly taking a wild guess there. That sounds so much better. Would've sat through the credits every time just like I did for the intro.

Hate to break it to you, but its very cringe to only watch dubs.

this

Just because you can't read subtitles doesn't mean others can't.

>Both of you, quit being cringe right now
Define cringe and then explain what was cringe about my post.

Yeah is kinda a staple of the show. That's why people are outraged it was removed.

I don't think the show suffered too much from the removal, but I do wish it still had it

Hey sorry, I don't really talk to weeaboos. Please stop responding to my posts.

>no argument
Retard confirmed.

Define a weeaboo and explain what makes me one.

>He says, in a thread about the weebest of shows

Hey sorry, I don't really talk to weeaboos. Please stop responding to my posts..

Define a weeaboo and explain what makes me one.

So you don't talk to yourself either?
You have no inner monologue?
Cause if you are posting in this thread, you are a weeaboo.

Not him, but you are a freak who watches subs. So you are a weeaboo

A Japanese show can't be weeb.

How lazy can you be? Reading subs isn't that hard. Saying you can't pay attention to the screen makes me think you fags are illiterate.

Attached: 1558482115278.jpg (749x537, 89K)

Yes but a show can attract weebs better than others.
And Evangelion attracts weebs like crazy.

Define a weeaboo and explain why watching shows or movies in their original language makes someone a weeaboo.

New EVA dub ain't that bad,
Shows still good and the movie remains a mindfuck.

10/10 would jerk off to a 14 y/o again

Attached: D40C335B-BE84-445D-8EE3-68D75C7D0E43.gif (500x282, 75K)

Do you fags even know what the word means?

That doesn't make something a weeb show, Evangelion has never been particularly associated with weebs, and weebs are practically extinct today.

>freak who watches subs
You mean a non-American?

is end of evangelion on netflix?

Attached: 1555284722007.jpg (510x615, 150K)

Come on, she's obviously more developed than a 14 year old... right?

It means wannabe Japanese or white Japanese.

Weeaboos are freaks who are obsessed with watching anime

If you watch anime, you are a weeaboo. If you watch only subs of anime, you have successfully gone full retard mode

>weebs are practically extinct today
You kidding?
Go have a look.

Yes. Surprisingly hard to find though. You have to search for it

Yes

That's not what the word means.

>If you watch only subs of anime, you have successfully gone full retard mode
Explain why.

I'm not kidding. There are barely any of them left. The were probably never many of them in the first place.

Attached: stop watching anime.webm (774x420, 2.9M)

She graduated college, so that's ok... right guys?

Attached: 48116F88-B657-4A0C-BAFF-2890E98A023F.jpg (700x483, 28K)

Or your a normal person that watches media in the language it was intended to be viewed in.

Okay listen, I was just baiting you along to keep the thread bumped, but it seems like it's moving fast enough to stay alive naturally now so I'm going to stop responding. I don't actually give a fuck about subs vs dubs

What is this even from

I watch everything in its original language.

Don't worry about it

>to keep the thread bumped
So you ARE a Netflix shill.

Yup. No other reason why I would want my thread to survive

Sauce lol

In the end, aren't we all shills?

Attached: C147F8EE-88B9-4D8C-BC89-0423C9D0B2A5.jpg (1024x502, 128K)

This isn't me btw

I don't know about you but I don't shill for anything.

I'm willing to bet thats wrong, shill

Unreal. So fucking based.

c'mon take your nostalgia goggles off. it's totally okay without this song. seriously it's in the end credits. I'm all for the whole autism of watching end credits each episode but not enjoying the new dub without it is a bit of a stretch.

where find torrent

Attached: 1529247833121.jpg (1918x1910, 439K)

yikes you can't afford one month of Netflix?

I havd more of a problem with the death scene

Yikes indeed. Netflix is absolutely required in 2019.

>watching evangelion post-2002

I miss my high-octane weeb days around the turn of the century.

Attached: 20190411_131754.jpg (4032x2268, 2.78M)

I've just finished Evangelion for the first time. I really enjoyed it, right up until the final 2 episodes where it all just seems to be playing out each characters thoughts and fears. What the fuck happened? Where are the mass production Eva's? What was instrumentality?

Didn't the director up and quit? Didn't the same thing happen with kare kanno?

Go watch the real ending aka End of Evangelion.

>seriously it's in the end credits

If anything, this argument means more in this case, because it's on netflix. Watching on netflix, many people just let the end credits roll until the next episode starts.

>I'm so thick that I can't watch and read at the same time
Dubs are shit. Think about watching a foreign language film dubbed to english, they are around and they are always ridiculous.

Attached: 1526049532539.png (1416x1600, 606K)

you gotta watch end of evangelion (also on netflix) to get the true (?) ending

Netflix skips the credits after like 20 secs

You haven't finished watching Evangelion until you've watched End of Evangelion. Duh.

You're missing out

yeah, but that's still 20 seconds of no Fly me to the moon as opposed to barely any if watching on vlc.

>paying for free media
you donate to twitch streamers I bet

Attached: 1058854753718.jpg (743x667, 84K)

Fuck off

Dumb commie

I was guessing it's not that bad considering “muh netflix ruined animu” is kinda like a forced meme now

Attached: 1533987939017.jpg (1024x1017, 179K)

original was anime, manga came after

I get bored sometimes and watch movies dubbed in other languages. I think I've seen Frozen in 12 different languages? I cant remember.

It's not free because I don't want my ISP tagging my ass because I can't be fucked waiting hours and hours for my slow VPN. What? Are you not afraid of your wife coming home and she being absolutely devastated that she cannot burn through a season of KUWTK as background noise?

And, no. I don't donate to streamers. You can donate to me if you want. I've been streaming for six years and I as of yet have not received a dime. Baby I'm lacking youthful vigor as I'm already in my mid-30s.

Another Argument you can make it as the barrier to entry is eliminated.

Attached: 20190620_155808.jpg (2560x1440, 1.5M)

No you have it backwards my dude, it's not so much that Japanese sounds better as it is the dubs always sound like shit. I may not understand moon but I definitely understand English

Japanese VA or bust. Cant stand those retarded American voices

>just finished End of Evangelion
unironically what the FUCK did I just watch?

Stop watching early 90s anime dubs. Les Claypool III is probably the better anime dub directors.

yes

Stream name / link?, I'll take a look.
You don't need a VPN to pirate shit user, tell your ISP to stick it up their arse. You're the fucking customer.

Why watch dubs at all?

The visual ramblings of an overworked Japanese man who doesn't understand women.

Fuck off with that redd*t shit they didn't even understand Inherent Vice

fuck dubs, its like you cant read

why

The Space Dandy dub is pretty lit

It's still just a dub.

Not posting my shit because bad actors have lead to my account to being banned 3 times.
>tell your ISP to stick it up their arse. You're the fucking customer.
I cannot rock the boat as they're the only game in town.

Because my white bitch doesn't feel like reading. Surprise surprise.

That would make using this website rather difficult you dopey cunt.

Arguably on par with the original voices if I say so myself

Well, it was simulcast but you get what I mean

>nobody mentioning kensuke
easily the worst of the new VAs, he sounds like a 50 year old with a sore throat

Also
>the third children is leaving tokyo
>the fourth children hasnt been found
>piloting an EVVA can be dangerous
they literally mispronounce the name of the robots in the the new dub
anybody praising the new dub is a shill

>What the fuck happened?
The studio started running out of money

Still a dub.

Well now you're just being silly

It's just an immovable weeb. I'll forgive him as I too was 16 years old at one time.

>nigger streamer
streams fortnite and gets triggered by cmonbruhs and trihards.
just post it faggot

Define a weeb and explain what makes me one.

>I too was 16 years old at one time.
I'm older than you.

>nigger streamer
I'm huwite
>streams fortnite and gets triggered by cmonbruhs and trihards.
I'm 3x the target demographic. The only Battle Royale style game I've played is Tetris99
>just post it faggot
Nahson.

Attached: 20190612_202211.jpg (2560x1440, 946K)

>Define a weeb and explain what makes me one.
If you have to ask, you'll never know.
>I'm older than you.
Press X for doubt.

If you can't even explain what a weeb is then your accusation is null and void.

>Press X for doubt.
Prove that I'm not older than you.

This. Most ov the episodes were the same shit. Some angel shows up and the purple haired woman thinks ov a plan that has a 1 in a 1000000000 chance ov working and it works anyway. The MC is a bitch and the girls ar shit. The episodes were boring which amounted to nothing but a shit ending. What a pathetic excuse for a show.

>streamer who doesn't want an audience
we'll be your audience, I'll sub for 6 months the moment I join, promise

Attached: 11503097758.jpg (830x711, 53K)

>complete focus on the content on the screen rather than having to look at your TVs bezel every half second
This isn't an issue if you can read at a level above a middle-schooler, how do you watch foreign films?

I'm just surprised it's stood the test of time nearly 25 years later.

I don't mind the mispronunciations as long as they are consistent. If they flip flopped back and forth I'd have a problem

The final 2 episodes and the movie, End of Evangelion take place concurrent. Go watch that for the answers to everything

Agreed. Neither sound right.

While I will always prefer Allison Keith's Misato, Casca's take on the character is ok too.

There's plenty of brainlets out there who will vehemently defend dubs, though.

I've got no issues with subs, even prefer them in a lot of cases, but there's also just certain casts I prefer in english.

I'm not even going to lie, I'm not that into anime anymore, but I would still hang that Eva wall scroll at my place. I still have a Nerv t-shirt that I wear all the fucking time, though I usually just tell people it's a band if they ask what it is, because I don't feel like explaining it.

The manga is so fucking good

Attached: tumblr_mgznl3AHSy1riyvejo1_500.png (500x631, 254K)

Okay so I've just finished up with End of Evangelion. It cleared up the question with the mass produced Eva's I guess. I'm still not really the wiser as to what the fuck happened though. So, instrumentality turned everyone into LCL and would've combined all of their conciousness in to one; but Shinji said no to that so instead everyone is dead for no reason and he gets to live out his final days on a dead planet with Asuka?

youtube.com/watch?v=kGMuaXIlckU

Dubs are shite

Misato is by far the best girl in the show.
It's not even a contest.

>So, instrumentality turned everyone into LCL and would've combined all of their conciousness in to one
Correct
>but Shinji said no to that
Correct
>so instead everyone is dead for no reason
Wrong.
Anybody who chooses to can leave the LCL reality and return to normal existence, but they require the will to do so like Shinji and Asuka did.
>he gets to live out his final days on a dead planet with Asuka
Kinda. It's implied more and more people will start popping up after them. Likely enough to repopulate the world.
It's kinda a bittersweet ending

I'd bet 100 JPY that you're both an incel and a weeb.

>actually using engrish in a dub

Please tell me you are joking

He basically allowed so that anyone who wants to return to their human form can, and anyone who wants to stay in LCL bliss can do that too. It's debatable how fucked up the world really is, and some argue that the Rebuild movies are a sequel that reset everything after 3I.

The version of Instrumentality that Shinji creates when he says everyone should just die led to everyone's souls being merged. When he rejects this all the souls are freed again and people can choose to reform themselves, which is what Shinji and Asuka do.

Yeah while humans can come back to life I'm pretty sure Third Impact has obliterated all other biological life down to the bacteria level just like Seconds Impact did.

Netflix doesn't seem to be trying very hard to get this out there. I had to do a search to even find it. It's not in trending, popular, or new releases.

Is that ever explicitly stated anywhere? Anyway, what's the point to coming back if they're just going to die almost immediately afterward?

All foreign kino is better subbed.

it's pretty good. I'd wish for the fly me to the Moon end credits but it really doesn't make that much of a difference as I thought it would.

Everybody is mush, how are they coming back from that?

Only people left are shinji and asuka because they were protected by their mothers' at fields

This definitely is never stated anywhere

Also never stated, but I always assumed that the ENTIRE earth isn't like that, just like how only Antarctica was perminantly changed after the second impact. It's livable in the right areas

i wish i was
the whole thing feels way off
people say shinjis screams are better but i just watched the episode with the penis angel with the energy tentacles and when he's knifing it he screams like pinhead and the demons of hell are torturing him or like he had seen one of the lovecraft elder gods: just completely unrestrained, terrified screeching.

It's mentioned at some point, but I'm too lazy to look up when and by whom at the moment.

You FUCKING tasteless fat american faggot.
It's impossible NOT TO CRINGE WHILE WATCHING THIS CANCEROUS NEW DUB.
Kill yourself you obese mongoloid.

The absolute state of American dubs:

youtube.com/watch?v=6622xan963k

Thanks for contributing.

It's been a while since I watched eoe but they definitely explain that people can come back as long as they have it in their hearts to do so

Not going to lie, based on my watching of EoE just now I would have to say I think the entire planet was completely fucked. Shinji's mom gives him the whole spiel about how he can find happiness anywhere; something she first says when she's on expedition in the lifeless post-second impact antarctica. I interpreted that as her telling him to try and find solace even in the new, broken world. Plus the whole thing with Rei/Lilith at the end made the 2nd impact look like a mosquite bite in comparison.

like honestly, my first post was bait but how the fuck is possible to watch this and don't cringe? For me I can't even thought about its quality. It's just fucking cringe it sounds ridiculous what's the point of watching it?

True. Maybe it was just my interpretation, but her saying that at all in my mind means he's at least still able to survive

Most of us are used to the old dub which had stuff like this youtu.be/zh-K0rAkU3Q

The new dub is a godsend in comparison

Where the fuck is the netflix version?
I just want to grab 1 episode for a taste of their dub.

damn, cant believe they edited out shinji killing toji in the netflix version

On Netflix

>ADV/Manga/Rebuild Shinji
>ADV/Manga/Rebuild Asuka
>Rebuild Rei
>Rebuild Kaworu
>ADV/Manga/Rebuild Misato
>ADV/Manga Gendo
>ADV/Manga Ritsuko
>ADV/Manga Kaji
>Netflix Toji
>Rebuild Kensuke
>ADV Hikari
>ADV Fuyutski
>Rebuild Maya
>Rebuild Hyuga
>Rebuild Aoba

There, I just cherrypicked the best possible english dub cast.

Attached: 1561183330900.jpg (1200x800, 137K)

very good, you will not get any complaints from me

The manga doesn't have voice actors

>Not gonna lie, I think I prefer the
>Rebuild.
Ditto.

Stop with this shit forced meme, you're embarrassing yourself.

>Rebuild Rei
HARD YIKES

the va, not the retarded butchered version of rei

yikes

I knew what you meant
I wasn't a fan of her VA at all. All of the worst aspects of the ADV with none of the familiarity. For her at least, I'd definitely chose the Netflix version

Why is the pronunciation of NERV so awkward?

Wayyyy too many ADV choices.
I don't know if you have actually watched the Netflix version yet, but if you put nostalgia behind you the majority of characters are improved.
I love ADV Asuka as much as anyone else, but she simply doesn't have the range or talant as the new woman. Same goes for Shinji who finally sounds like a child

I just like that the director's cuts are finally dubbed

>if you put nostalgia behind you the majority of characters are improved.
no
just no
the only improvement is toji
shinji is equal or worse in parts
gendo and fuyutski are so terrible it defies belief
and that's just the quality of the voice actors, not to mention the maximum retard mode of the writing
>evvangelions
>3rd children
this shit is inexcusable

I'll give you that the pronunciations are off but we will have to agree to disagree on the quality of the VAs. I'd say almost everyone is improved to some degree

I can live with that, user. Have a nice day.

it's not?

They haven't beforehand? Isn't it just 2-3 epidodes?

Based.

Yeah it's only a few scenes tacked onto a couple episodes.

ADV just never cared enough to do it. Just like how they never cared enough to give us any sort of rerelease

It is. They pronounce it "nairv" instead of just "nerve".

Whaddyahmean? They dubbed and released them. I have the DVD somewhere. It was rather strange but I was a completionist with loads of disposable income. A few scenes I guess justified purchase.

I've had the director's cut dubbed for years

Do they call the angels 'foreign invaders' like the Japanese version

Dont know. Let's break down the translation.

What's the difference between the Third Impact Seele wants, the Third Impact Gendo wants, the Third Impact that happens, and the Third Impact that WOULD happen if an angel reaches Lilith?

The dumb Eva spammer in this board won. Now everyday this cartoon will be discussed

the third impact seele wants results in a world of their making. The third impact gendo wants results in a world of his making. The third impact the angels get if they reach lilith is eradication of the 18th angel

But the one that happens is a world of Shinjis making, right?

So why does Seele seem so content when it happens? Even as going as far as to say "all is right in the world"?

Also, do we know exactly what their plan was? Like what did they intend to happen? And what was predicted in the dead sea scrolls?

Sorry I have so many questions. I know I can't be the only one who can't wrap their head around this

Yes, it's shinji's making. Gendo's plan never would have worked because yui would have refused him.

seele wanted to (re)merge mankind into their angel form, one being, as thats what they believed was intended by god. idk if we know what exactly was written or predicted in the dead sea scrolls. I guess they seem content because they sort of transformed back into some form of primordial essence

I get it now, thanks.

I appreciate the help

Seele wants to merge inside the 12 mass-produced Evas symbolically and start third impact to create an infinite soup of life like at the first times of existence on earth, they basically wants to remains as the guardian of a death world.

Gendo wants to become God to recreate a world according to his own vision.

Angel just wants to wipe out humanity to replace them by other angels.

the third impact who happened was basically Seele's plan executed on a very different way as what they planned, it was Shinji who should decide everything and he chosed annihilation.

basically it make you become a Demiurge.

and of course the person who fucking succeeded was Shinji's mom, she will remains eternally inside the Eva 01.

it's basically autistic gnostic godhood plan to perform transcendance.

no problem senpai

Attached: 1411534078256.jpg (636x900, 283K)

NGE is fucking art - the original Japanese is exactly how the creator intended it. The dub is just some shitty american's attempt at imitating art - you think people go to the Louvre to see some american artist's renditionn of the Mona Lisa or you think they go to see the real deal? open your brain, moran

Ho goddamm I can smell the weeb from this distance.

I reached peak nerd in the late 90's when sitting at a bus stop with a bunch of fellow nerds arguing about the end of NGE after a long day at the warhammer games day.
>we can never go back to those days
it sucks

>he screams like pinhead and the demons of hell are torturing him or like he had seen one of the lovecraft elder gods: just completely unrestrained, terrified screeching.
The actor is transgender thats probably inspired by his real life experiences with mental illness.

That's exactly how he should be screaming though

Nah, he's a cornered animal at that point, he hates violence and doesn't want to go apeshit but it's either that or die so he has no choice and goes AAAAAAAAA take that motherfucker AAAAAA AAAAAA
He's not getting a red-hot poker shoved up his ass.

>or like he had seen one of the lovecraft elder gods
He borderline did

yeah like 10 minutes ago
if it was going to make him literally lose his mind and scream until he wrecks his vocal cords he would have done so a bit earlier ffs

>dub
learn to read, dumb amerifat

You are nitpicking so hard

Go to bed, weeb.

go eat a burger, you obese creature

Sorry, famalam. High metabolism. Best you can say is for me to take some supplement as I look like some skinny nigga on schindler's list. What am I saying?
>arguing over a japtoon
Goddamn we are in a dying society.

They did dub it, but they changed Kaworu's VA

his original VA is much better in the non directors cut though, he sounds much older & it's somewhat off putting, which fits imo

it's time to share some kino doujinshi

Attached: 0004.jpg (1280x1862, 772K)

Attached: 0005.jpg (1280x1903, 670K)

Attached: 0006.jpg (1280x1869, 677K)

How is that a nitpick lmao
Either you lose your mind from seeing yog sothoth or you don't
you don't fight it for a few minutes and then help out your friends AND THEN suddenly realise it's all too much and go insane

Attached: 0007.jpg (1280x1881, 657K)

You have that low budget Evangelion hentai?

>ywn have Ritsuko ride your dick
Why even live?

Do you have experience with the topic?

Attached: 0008.jpg (1280x1822, 712K)

That escalated quickly

Are you just trying to kill the Eva threads or what?

Retard here. Why defend against the angels, when they will cause third impact, which is what Seele basically wants?

I've read a book before, yes.

Ritsuko was the worst character.

Attached: 0009.jpg (1280x1878, 584K)

A book told you how loud someone should be screaming when attacking a giant alien?

>dub
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 0010.jpg (1280x1868, 600K)

>Yea Forums - Anime & Manga

feel like we're missing something

>It was originally intended for you to have complete focus on the content on the screen rather than having to look at your TVs bezel every half second
Fucking this. Subweebs are cancer.

Attached: 0012.jpg (1280x1820, 607K)

>switching the goal posts that hard
you were talking about his scream in relation to seeing an elder god, faggot

It's just a shame about the ending

>no penis
DROPPED

Attached: 0013.jpg (1280x1828, 501K)

>There are people itt, RIGHT NOW, that actually defending this
youtube.com/watch?v=XPKH_XBuQqM
pls kill yourselves, netshills

Who fucking cares about the difference between an elder god and an alien.
The point is that you can't critique the dub because you think his scream when seeing such a creature is too loud. Fucking stupid.

>titcow Rei

Attached: IMG_1404.png (656x555, 178K)

I kinda like it's ending. What didn't you like?

>that top comment

Attached: 200_s.gif (236x200, 24K)

I guess I'm just an edgelord that didn't like the "happy" ending of the manga, I liked the original anti-escapism message of EoE, even if you accept reality and the possibility of true happiness, that doesn't mean you don't have to live with the consequences of your actions or that happiness will be easy to obtain.

>you think his scream when seeing such a creature is too loud
You pathetic liar, nowhere did I say anything of the sort, the whole argument was ah fuck it, re-readI'm not explaining it to you a second time

Attached: A7C56104-9B52-483A-A126-6F5093F96459.png (645x773, 49K)

To be fair Khara is the main culprit, they're autistically enforcing a literal translation, even grammatically wrong stuff like children.

yikes

>Completely unrestrained, terrified screeching

Sounds about right when attacking a giant alien. Your argument boils down too "he's screaming too much" which I think is fucking retarded of an argument

>ywn be a big enough virgin to care about the voices of an anime
feels good being the upper echelon of anime viewing

Attached: 1423436106072.jpg (396x385, 38K)

you know, i didnt think this was that bad until i heard the original japanese scream again

youtube.com/watch?v=FwyLkcrOy5E

i forgot how insanely good this is, makes my fucking skin crawl. put this new tranny to absolute shame

No, shill, my argument still is:
he is screaming like he's being tortured to death or is literally insane, not like he's attacking an alien

What does it sound like when somebody attacks an alien, then?

i dont know. that american one has a lot of power behind it

So you're just a small virgin? Lel manlet

Oh please it's not that bad

Attached: 43631.jpg (275x183, 6K)

>Mexico

Attached: 1528486426791.jpg (640x610, 165K)

so how bad is the removal of fly me to the moon? want to watch NGE for the first time now on netflix, but not sure if i should watch the japanese version or the new dub

watch the original dub to find out

watch the sephirotic sub

That's the meme ending. The real ending is End of Evangelion, the movie. Which is just as fucked up

Oh so you are just a shill fanboy
Gotcha

dilate

It's not as drastic as people make it seem. There is only one scene that is effected by it. The rest is literally just removed from the outro

For new viewers it's really bad because it adds such a nice atmosphere and theme, for old viewers it's just pretty fucking annoying but at least it doesn't ruin your sense of imemrsion every 5 seconds like the rest of the new dub
Like, I remember getting kind of freaked out by asukas breakdown like 20 years when i first saw it and now with the new version I'm just laughing my ass off at how bad and cringe it is

I watched it on Netflix and I was amazed how well it holds up to any anime in the past 15 years. Evangelion is really special, and belongs next to the best by Miyazaki and Akira and Ghost in the Shell.

Attached: asuka is real py.jpg (911x1476, 296K)

Incel spotted

Not noticeable unless you've already seen the series. you'll be fine.

kek
a shill for what exactly? adv?
you utter retard

Attached: 848764.jpg (388x327, 20K)

Hulu

plus the mastering is better. the scream starts out as the absolute foreground then fades into the background once we pull out

in the netflix version its sort of muddled then just fades and then pops up again?

also did they fade it in at the very start or something? or maybe the VA started with a vocal fry or something? the start of it is very airy. horrible performance/take they used

see

>netflix shill accusing user of being hulu shill
Now I've seen it all.

dilate

The Netflix version is fine. Especially for newcomers

In fact, I'd recommend the dub at all costs for your first viewing. No matter which one you go with. Eva is a pretty complicated series so it's probably easiest to hear in your native language first time through

so i keep hearing everyone talk about the new vs old dub, but what about the japanese version? is that alright to watch? what about the fly me to the moon stuff in the japanese version?

Yeah, even as it was plagued by production issues.

>The Netflix version is fine
netflix pls go

youtube.com/watch?v=LnC2bmS9cBI

Both versions on Netflix have fly me to the moon removed. It's alright to watch the Japanese version, but like this user said, the dub might be easier to follow if you don't already have an idea of what's going on

the japaese dub is honestly just very good. I think the original english one is great too but i personally just dont like english shinji. Really hard voice to get right i guess. Tips into annoying for me in english.

>mexico
literally what lmao

Attached: smug lol.gif (500x484, 1021K)

seems mean spirited and hurts your point to harp on the va for shinji being a tranny. Because of that this will feel like a dated Yea Forums video in no time. Have sex.

>CHANGE BAD! LOOK SCREAM NOT GOOD!

t. Literal autist.
The Netflix dub has all around more experienced and professional voice actors. You are either nostalgic or stupid.

>HURRRR SHILL!
pic related is LITERALLY you

Attached: 1b77pc4c2cl21.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

i believe most of those are fake? i think? like i recognize the german one as the screaming german kid meme

how could give up japanese Asuka's qt voice. I aint seen the new one but t here's no way its as good

It's okay. It's at least better at ADV, but the scenes where she's speaking German are worse

Better than*

>"""professional""" american anime voice actors
OH NONONO

netflix on full damage control 24/7

If you hate the dub so much why not make one yourself?

They've come a long way.

oh no the poor tranny, i hope he doesnt kill himself

>everything about the new dub is worse
>no fly me to the moon
>pronounciations of concepts integral to the series is completely off
>ruins kawouru and shinjis relationship
>No, see, they're all professional actors so that means it's actually better.

and you have the gall to inb4 shill, fucking incredible

unironically dilate

>Yea Forums dubs Evangelion scene by scene
>Can take whatever creative librities they want with it
Sounds hilarious actually

so much this
pathetic

Having watched both the show and end of evangelion, how the fuck do people get into waifu fights over Rei and Asuke? They're both so fucked in the head

By definition it is NOT the intended way to watch a film. You can’t argue that.

>Voice acting is better
>Dialog is better
I'll give you fly me to the moon and pronounciations, but these aren't even noticable unless you had already seen the old dub. Especially the pronounciations which are off, but at least consistent.

>Ruins kawouru and shinjis relationship
Literally retard. The new dialog is a closer translation than the ADV dialog. They didn't "ruin" shit. It was always supposed to be subtle but instead ADV went fuck "I LOVE YOU LETS FUG"

Asuka's ending line in EoE would have to be Feels bad man

It's better. By a fucking long shot. It's one of the few examples of a dub being better than the sub, you have to be a ridiculous purist to think otherwise. A few scenes are just outright improved, especially in season 2.

Just because it's tradition. Neither of them stack up to recent waifus and everyone knows that

I wonder how easy this would be to organize.

>dub being better than the sub
"sub" you mean the original version.
No one cares what a fat amerisharter thinks of his anime voice overs

Your taste is bad and your opinions hold less value than mine. You are a lesser user.

silence fat american

dude, it's fine. how do you want it to sound?

wrong
the orig japanese can be interpreted as either love or like, which is meant to be subtle but give the option of love, which the new dub just ouright denies
not to mention "i like you" makes zero sense in the context of the scene and the arc - shinji is compelled to undergo change because someones said they liked him for the first time?
and how does this reflect on him having to kill kaoru? the first person that ever said "i like you" to him?
you have to be a complete moron to think that any this would make any sense if it wasnt meant to be about love.

and the dialogue is a complete, piece of shit
it's a literal translation - which is always bad
for example the scene where asuka says
>my chance
who the fuck says my chance?
my chance to do what?
you'd say something like my chance to show everyone or my chance to prove them wrong or something
in orig japanese, what she says translates as "chance" which is something that a japanese person might say and think at the time
in the original dub it's translated as
>wunderbar
which conveys what she thinks (my chance to show off) and is infinitely better than simply translating literally
tl;dr you're a faggot and have probably never watched nge and are just posting shit from a netshill approved list of talking points

They literally made a tranny voice the main character. I can tell you're trolling but part of me pities you for wanting to in the first place.

but how did it become tradition? was it based solely on looks?

2.00 netflixbux have been deposited into your account

speak for yourself

it's fucking fine you nigger. i prefer subs always but the old english dub was cheesy as fuck.

The old dub was kinda shit, just watch the original Japanese version nothing has been changed except the subs are a little different on netflix.

Next you're gonna tell me the English part at the end isn't how they did it in the dub.

user, they're calling evangelions evvangelions in the new dub
they can't even get the name of their own show right

they represent elemental opposites. the bratty tsundere gf vs the quiet autistic gf vs the older mommy gf (misato). the question between the these waifus is as old as time

So what you are saying is it's a completely valid translation of the scene?

have
*clap*
sex
*clap*
incels
*clap*

>T-TRANNY!

Holy fuck you incels are so predictable. I don't give a fuck what they are like as long as they do a good job, which they did

why does it matter if the va is a tranny

Oh, I didn't realize it was the basic concepts of waifuing people argued about I thought it was on a more personal level

yeah, i've got it playing in another window and i just heard that. dumb, but i still think the performances of the principal cast are good enough to make it worthwhile for people watching for the first time.

>M-my friends at /pol/ told me it's the most important thing in the world!

it is in the sense your choice says something about you

Can someone explain the penguin?
What's it's motive?

nigga, why are you even arguing this?
it's the same principle as saying
>the third children is leaving tokyo
instead of
>the third child is leaving tokyo
you can't just take the literal translation of things
how am i having to explain lmao

Rent free

Attached: 1551016766534.png (700x700, 279K)

Misato took him in since animal life is so scarce post-second impact.

Yeah that ones stupid. The kowaru one isn't. Not everything is so black and white, stupid

psyho analytical bullshit aside I guess that's pretty neat

unfortunately, it is
removing the love aspect of it ruins the scene

>Sometimes literal translations arent shit
Even a stopped clocked it right twice a day.

It's one line changed. Two at most. Everything else is still in tact. Kowaru still flirts with him at the bath, Shinji is still flustered by him and emotionally destroyed when he has to kill him, etc. This is being blown way out of proportion. Especially compared to fly me to the moon, which is an ACTUAL negative change

>Think for me
Right on fucking cue.

Attached: TELLMEWHATITMEANS.png (867x151, 96K)

I can't believe there is so many people now on Yea Forums that haven't watched eva, eva & dbz are like the 2 anime that a lot of Yea Forums culture is based off & are mandatory viewing

feels bad being an oldfag

>tfw ottermode and non-American
Keep reaching. When you're that far beneath me it's all you can do.

It's one line changed from that one line we're looking at.
Almost EVERY line in the script has been changed for the worse with the intention of providing a more literal translation and amproving the lip-synching, both of which nobody asked for, both of which have a detrimental effect on the show overall.

>Almost EVERY line in the script has been changed
Well obviously. They had to retranslate the entire show. What did you expect, them to plagiarize the whole script?

both normalshit 90s anime that casuals lap up and idolize like its the 2nd coming of cartoons. Worse than the star wars fanbase desu

wait, so you're admitting they had to change everything to avoid plagiarism and that's why everything is so stupidly literal?
and you still argue it's better somehow?
hilarious

Stop trying to put words in my mouth, for some desperate backing of your shitty argument, autist. I admit they had to change the dialog. The only thing they took "literal" is the "children" change which I do admit is stupid as fuck, but is worth it for literally everything else being improved.

It's weird to see crunchy roll mention Netflix getting Eva.