Why didn't Tyrell just lie?

Why didn't Tyrell just lie?
>Good news Roy, we've just invented a way to make you immortal.
>I'll just press this button marked alarm and my assistant will bring it up.

Attached: Screenshot_20190623-104409.jpg (895x693, 302K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e9t5ikxjAQ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why wouldn't the head of a multibillion dollar company have better security?

Was it gay, lads?

Very, still not as gay as you blow and I'll finger ffs.

Tyrell represents God here, he literally can't lie, and this sequence isn't meant to be heavily literal

>Literally God
>Destroyed by his creation

Uhmmm

Attached: 880[1].jpg (474x528, 21K)

yes, haven't you read Nietzsche? retard

You do realise everything is b8

>I've seen beams you people wouldn't believe
Bravo.

Attached: BR-edb0bf4.jpg (620x413, 35K)

>reading German cocksuckers
Let me guess - kill all civilizations and everything good and beautiful in this world.

Why did they program the robots to even want freedom or care about their mortality?
It would just mean a more complex product that doesn't even work as well as it otherwise would.
On top of that, why not install them with remote kill-switches instead of hiring noir detective wannabes to hunt them down and shoot them?

I bet your favourite philosophers are Ang*os

They could even programme them to become more and more suicidal as their time ran out, eventually killing themselves.

Not robots friendo. Engineered humans.

Have you ever read any Greek Myths?

I mean, that's kind of the point of many stories about robot becoming sentient and causing trouble. Their creators didn't think things through, and were playing with risky technology without taking the proper precautions. Plus, Tyrell seems like the type who would want this outcome to be possible (broadly speaking, not getting his head crushed).

I can't read

Tyrell was an autist awed at his creation.
He didn’t want to lie to what he saw as perfect work.
But like an autist, he didn’t understand what emotions that would bring up, and what reaction those emotions would cause, within his creation, who in some ways was more emotionally developed than he was.

Side note:

I watched BL 2049 a couple nights ago for the first time and really enjoyed it. I liked it more than the original.

Greeks were faggots and Germans loves the taste of shit. My favorite philosopher was King Solomon. Proverbs trumps every mortal saying ever written.

This

Every Germ man philosopher that didn't kill himself was a hypocrite.

They weren’t robots.
They were synthetic creatures created out of DNA, like humans, but grown quickly and implanted with false memories, so that their synthetic human brains, could function, because the brains were based on the physiognomy of human brains, and needed the memories to function, like a human does.
The DNA was designed to have a limited lifespan, and that lifespan was built and programed into the DNA.
Because the ifesan was programmed into the DNA, theire was no way to remove the programed experation date, because that would require changing the replicants DNA, which like a humans, was already set.
Over time though, the replicants built up new memories, and wanted freedom from their programming, and the function they had been made for in society.
Since they were going to die anyway, the replicants were considered “Dead Men Walking” who like a condemed criminal were now considered dangerous to society, hence the Blade Runners.
Deckard was a replicant, but his DNA had been programmed without an expiration date. Rachael also lacked an expiration date. This is the reason Deckard and Rachael flee into the forest at the end of the film. Tyrell made Deckard and Rachael immortal essentially. Better than the humans and replicants Deckard used to hunt, and since humans don’t like anything more perfect than themselves, they could only flee till humanity was gone and no longer a threat to them.

Was it ever cannon that deckard was a replicant?

its dumb that deckard is an replicant, it makes more sense storywise to have him as a human, since Roy just wants show him how much he would have appreciated to have more years in his life and Deckard is a cynical downer

then again Ridley cant make up his mind about this with his several re-edits

>multibillion dollar company
Tyrell was a trillionaire, his company was multitrillion dollar.

The director’s cut spelled it out with the origami unicorn, that slso appeared in Deckards dreams.
I don’t think it mentioned that Deckard had no expiration date, but Turell told Deckard that Rachael didn’t have one, so it’s sort of presumed that Deckard and Rachael run of together because Tyrell literally made them for each other.

Something about the name Tyrell and the way he speaks is pretty badass

Attached: doulikeourowl.gif (500x500, 1.94M)

People have walked up to Jacob Rothschild in the street, with no security visible near him.
You presume security might be around, but very wealthy people sometimes are known to just wander about on there own, without security.

Maybe he wasn't the chest master he thought he was?

chess... Juarez texus

Lizard people have nothing to fear from humans.

Deckard isn't a replicant. Ridley is a hack.

They're wyvern.

Same principle applies

>canon
it's the whole point of the fucking movie on multiple levels and also the only way the narrative makes sense.

The viewer is 100% supposed to realize Deckard's a replicant at the same moment Pris does - that moment when for some reason his head doesn't pop like a melon against her super-human-strength thigh squeeze. The fact that huDeck conspiracytards can just gloss over this scene like it's not supposed to mean something proves that cognitive dissonance is a thing.

The unicorn/oragami shit is to hammer the replicant aspect home while cluing the viewer into the secondary twist: that Deckard is a replicant modeled off the real human being he was made to replace (Gaff).

Attached: 1072876.jpg (1600x761, 120K)

Tit. Pris was a fuck model, she wasn't extra strong.

got a link to the scene? too lazy but i am interested

This. She was a "pleasure model" that's why she's so supple lol.

No. Deckard passed the Voight Kampf test. He's not a replicant.

Attached: VK.jpg (350x245, 34K)

True. But there is a mystical idea to them. Kinda like those cursed antiques from Friday the thirteenth that was on the telly 30 years ago. I know Jews who are hard working lovely people ( >>t.30% Jew) who can never catch a break. Then I know kikes. They're evil and untrustworthy and are generally unsavory. The hate the Lord and the bible. And they're rich. The Jew has to become a follower of Satan the dragon and then they become a wyvern. And riches are theirs.

*THEY hate our Lord....

I'll never understand people who would jeopardise eternal paradise for earthly wealth. I'd rather suffer for 80 or so years and go to heaven.

>opens the fight by kicking a "man" 1.5x her weight across the room
>proceeds to fling her body in the air like an amazonian jaguar while helicopter blade *woosh woosh woosh* sound effects play
>dude they just made her flexible for sex stuff wtf xD
get checked for autism
youtu.be/e9t5ikxjAQ4

Someone is burning off your skin on the top of your feet. To stop the pain you need only worship Satan in their presence. They'll let you go. Times that by a thousand and that's what people who are chasing wealth is faced with. To suffer like you and I can for our ever lasting reward is too much for them. We'd endure it because we know there is forever Grace and Peace and Joy to be with the Lord!

oh shit

All wrong. Pris wasn't even a replicant, she was a mental woman who believed she was one.

that's a big yikes from me dawg

If deckard is a new model rep, why would they make him weaker than Pris? Maybe weaker than Roy, but his job was to hunt "superhumans" surely he should be better than them?

I SEEN SEA BEANS

Attached: 1506861455877.png (645x729, 50K)

Check out blade runner 2, edge of human.

he's obviously not weaker than either of them considering the fact he endured them both beating the shit out of him.

Less skilled? Sure. That makes sense, considering he relied on his gun to handle killing. But physically weaker, less hardy? Nope. The other reps are punching holes through walls and buses and shit the entire movie, but deckard just shrugs off all their blows with relatively no lasting damage.

*less skilled in hand-to-hand combat, I mean,

It always bugged me that leon punches a hole in that street sweeper. I mean surely that's steel, or maybe reinforced fibreglass. That would shatter any bone.

Nietzsche was an enlightened hedonist who wanted to free the west from the constraints of christian morality

OKAY! YOU'RE RIGHT, DECKARD IS A REPLICANT!!!!
35 YEARS, DAWG! And now I gotta watch blade runner before 7 year watch cycle ends.

Nietzsche happily died! The faggot died, miserable and in pain.

The replicants are clearly made of tougher stuff tho. That's why Deckard's gun is like a miniature canon--a regular bullet wouldn't be enough to take these things down--and even then it took two direct shots to finish off Pris.

How did it take over 100 questions to determine she's a replicant? Her answers were retarded. Like, why would you report someone to the police for giving you a wallet?

Attached: 8a839cd4-58bf-4a28-aefb-93dc2373f598-rachael_2.jpg (1200x630, 76K)

>Like, why would you report someone to the police for giving you a wallet?
Effectively all animals are extinct in the world of BR so trading in animal goods is illegal to try and preserve what's left.

ah, I totally forgot about that. thanks, user

they also live in some sort of fucked up police state so it's probably what anyone would assume to be the "right" answer. Remember when Deckard's chilling in his car and he almost get's arrested just for being there because the sector's on lockdown?

>If you're not cop, you're little people.

>in the book his name was Rosen
>Hollywood hanged his name so he seemed less Jewish

daily reminder that this is how retarded you huDecktards look to the rest of us when you open your mouths to speak on that which you know nothing

Attached: this is how normies really think.jpg (603x494, 93K)

to be fair the movie also changed the character to make him less jewish iirc. In the book I got the vibe he's just a slimy businessman piece of shit who owns the work of other genius scientists. In the movie it's clear that he himself was one of those genius scientists directly responsible for the replicants (hence, he's more like the Ford of the world than the Jeff Bezos he is in the book).

That and the questions are framed as having obvious answers, or at least obvious reactions. The intro scene with Leon shows that even given these obvious reactions replicants still can't handle them correctly.

In the book the Tyrell Corporation is called the Rosen Association

thanks Geoff

It’s weird becuase I know amazon buff dude has like 7 bodyguards when he goes out

Who would win in a fight, David from nu alien or Roy?

He was in his own home at night and the elevator to his apartment only had one small surveilance camera that didn't cover the whole elevator. this in a world where cameras can take photos that scan 3-d space and you can look around corners with.

I'd say Roy pretty easily. He was a top of the line combat model whereas David is just a smart robot scientist and androids in the Alien universe aren't particularly durable or exceptionally strong.

>why didn't they give him super powers?
Same reason they gave him memories. Because then he'd know he's a replicant.

God doesn't fear man until man kills him.

Who cares? Apart from the aesthetics it's a boring piece of shit with garbage music.

>hedonist
Call me a hedonist again, bitch. I dare you.

Attached: 1404358463338.jpg (524x400, 104K)

>it's the whole point of the movie
The point of the movie is that he acts more like a machine than the replicants do, fuck off Ridley.

Isn't Alien set in Blade Runner universe anyway?

How come nobody's just shot him?

That is why they call this realm the test, or in other cases - the filter.

>manlets are second class citizens

Where is this utopia?

I've always thought the nostromo was collecting ore from the mining colony in outland to take to earth in blade runner.

Tell that person they are a retarded faggot

The force field.

They bypassed the security thanks to Sebastian. Without that little chesspmatch, Tyrell wouldn't have let him in.
You can't take a exception and make it a rule. Btw that Rotschild video was made by an agent provocateur that probably works for Mossad or CIA, he had intel to to be able to ambush him walking out of that hotel. You can't do this if you have no idead where these people are at any given time.

He probably did have decent security, that's why Batty brought someone Tyrell knew who he used to bypass most of of it. The level of security is kind of irrelevant if you willingly open the door.

Also, there's a good chance Tyrell knew but let him in anyway because he wanted to talk to him. He was obsessed with his work after all and since he was too sick to go off-world he probably didn't see getting killed as a huge risk because he was on his way out anyway. He was willing to take his chances.

Attached: 07557724654.png (555x644, 553K)

When?

Anyone else accept the Deckard was a replicant but think the movie would be better if he wasn’t?

>Why did they program the robots to even want freedom or care about their mortality?

They didn't, their AI eventually came to this realization on its because it was adaptive.

>It would just mean a more complex product that doesn't even work as well as it otherwise would.

If they made the replicants retarded enough to not be self-aware that would actually limit their usefulness, they had to have a certain level of intellect to function in situations where complex decision-making was crucial, like combat situations where things were chaotic and you couldn't just run an on-rails program.

>why not install them with remote kill-switches

they might have tried but if the replicants are smart enough to remove them then you're back to hunting them down anyway. And who gets the kill switch? The corporation? Individual owners? It would be a logistical mess.

Attached: ctf.jpg (652x488, 141K)

Attached: this.jpg (640x480, 29K)

What were they actually fighting? Aliens on worlds we were colonising? Miners who were striking? Replicants fighting for other corporations?

Or at least say you'll try, Jesus Christ Tyrell.

No. The nods are just eastereggs for the fans.

He wasn't a replicant in the theatrical release of the movie. The retarded Unicorn scene wasn't in it.

Tyrell is arrogant and thought he could make his way out.

That's senile Scott for you.

He had the replicant redeye even in the theatrical cut and the other subtle clues were there too, Scott just decided to make it explicit in the DC since people didn't seem to get the hint.

Attached: 1505101225008.jpg (408x408, 18K)

They never really said. Since nobody ever mentions aliens we could probably rule that out. It's possible they never really came up with deep lore to explain what the replicant soldiers were doing and just chalked it up as generic space battles for various reasons.

Pity. I'd like to find out what they were doing at the tenhauser gate.

If you think Deckard is a replicant, it does nothing but ruin the theme of the movie. It stops being a story about the human "soul" and becomes another shitty "gotcha" sci-fi movie

Harrison Ford literally asked him if he was a replicant and was told no. The screenwriter agrees that Deckard wasn't a replicant. The only person that thinks he is one is senile Scott.

Scott, ultimately destroys what he creates.

isn't the reoccuring theme that humans are inferior to the gods and hubris is our weakness. Bitch even got turned into a spider for that.

In the book.

>any highly trained martial artist could kick a guy across a room
>any gymnast can backflips and handsprings like Pris
None of your points prove she had strength higher than human.

>actor plays a character that doesn't know he's a replicant
>gee I wonder if it would help his performance if I told him he's a replicant
You're dumb

>Deckard's eyes glow briefly in one scene, which was used in the film to subtly suggest his replicant identity. However, Ford denies this was an intentional effect and he may have caught some of the light intended to fall on Sean Young's eyes.

Show me one (1) real life example of a 95 lb woman kicking a fully grown man across the room to the extent where he literally goes flying through the air

>Harrison Ford considers Deckard to be human. "That was the main area of contention between Ridley and myself at the time," Ford told an interviewer during a BBC One Hollywood Greats segment. "I thought the audience deserved one human being on screen that they could establish an emotional relationship with. I thought I had won Ridley's agreement to that, but in fact I think he had a little reservation about that. I think he really wanted to have it both ways."

Shirley Temple considered her dog dead when they lied to her about it to make her cry on film. Directors manipulate their actors to get better performances all the time.

Ford is quite the dumbass is all I'm getting from these quotes

it's thought of as a meme on here, but it's a great sci fi flick. Leto kinda hams it up but doesn't ruin it by any stretch. what the fuck was with Harrison Ford's old navy outfit though?

You know they exaggerate things in movies for dramatic effect right? The "whoosh whoosh" sound effect for example.

That's a lot of mental gymnastics. I would call you retarded but I think your arguments speak for themselves. Not him by the way.

>Not him by the way.
But that's what he would say.

>I thought the audience deserved one human being on screen that they could establish an emotional relationship with.
>star in a move exploring the themes surrounding what it means to be human
>fail to realize the character's status is irrelevant as to whether the audience can connect with them which only lends itself to the central theme of the movie
Well, they don't pay him to think.

Am him, can confirm that he's not me.