Michelangelo Antonioni

What's Yea Forums's opinion on his films? Especially the alienation trilogy. Which one is your favourite? Discussion of other Italian films is welcome.
I have only seen the alienation trilogy and i found L'Avventura to be very dull and quite hard to get through. La Notte and L'eclisse clicked with me much more and i thought they were really great. The ending of L'eclisse is fantastic. The cinematography in the whole trilogy is consistently great, he knew where to place the camera.
I have also seen lot of Sorrentino's films recently. It's quite strange how overdone his style is and yet it somehow works. He has some completely banal dialogue that he tries to pass off as profound. Some of it can be quite cringy and in the hands of a lesser director his films would be completely unbearable but somehow he makes it work. Sometimes they are better, sometimes worse but there wasn't a film from him that i didn't enjoy so far.

Attached: 8132h4GhvTL._SL1500_.jpg (1207x1500, 226K)

I enjoy Simpsons

Even the newer seasons?

I really like La Notte and Blow Up was interesting but otherwise I'm pretty cold on him.

I have yet to see Blow Up, it seems interesting.

I agree with you. I loved La Notte and L'eclisse but didn't care for L'Avventura. In general I like Antonioni. Much more than Fellini.

I haven't seen all of Fellini's films yet. I loved La Dolce Vita and 8 1/2 was pretty good but i wasn't a big fan of Roma, Satyricon and The White Sheik. Casanova was alright. So far i prefer Antonioni and Visconti to Fellini although La Dolce Vita is probably my favourite out of all their films followed by La Notte, L'eclisse, The Leopard and Rocco and his Brothers.

Attached: 0321831_0.jpg (444x660, 40K)

Its slow kino that is visually completely outdone by tarkovsky and malick.

Yeah, but la aventura did it first.
Maybe im not familiar enough but is there slow Kino before antonioni?

I don't really think they should be compared. They are completely different filmmakers.

Well i think its fair to compare it. religious themes i realky find interesting so maybe thats why i prefer those.

Well they have completely different styles, even Malick and Tarkovsky have completely different styles. I would be hesitant to say that Malick makes films which are slow. Tarkovsky's style is more akin to Tarr and Angelopoulos and even those use the long takes differently.

watch the conversation right after watching blowup

I've only seen Blowup and The Passenger, both of which I liked a lot.
I need to get on watching these three.

I have already seen that one, i have also seen Blow Out.

red dessert wowow
the passenger meh eh

For me, it's La Notte and Blow Up
L'Ecclise and the first part of Red Desert and The Passenger are sank but said films fall apart towards the end

The Passenger's ending was wowow.
Why do you think L'eclisse falls apart at the end? I thought that was the highlight of the film.

I liked Red Desert and La Notte best.

Attached: eclisse-l-1962-004-monica-vitti-alain-delon-smoking_0.jpg (1000x674, 98K)

the girl is ugly I can't believe the used her for three movies

You don't like Monica Vitti? She was his gf at the time.

kill yourself faggot

Attached: Vogliounadonna.png (801x451, 820K)

Attached: 1_vxhAKByXrfI7UqWQMkrSrQ.jpg (1600x900, 168K)

>missing the point this hard
yikes

Attached: u-g-Q1C45RC0.jpg (413x550, 27K)