Are the Sith evil?

Are the Sith evil?

Attached: file.jpg (1536x864, 203K)

An oppressed religion.

Why didnt luke use the force to press those buttons on vaders chest control panel

No. They're the good guys.

They are not evil from my point of view.

Luke's entire motive was trying to save his father even though he had Obi-Wan, Yoda, Sheev, and Vader saying to kill him.

definitely not

>The Sith believed that conflict was the only true test of one's ability, and so emphasized its importance. It was their belief that conflict challenged both individuals and civilizations, and so forced them to grow and evolve. They believed that the avoidance of conflict–like the pacifist teachings of the Jedi–resulted in stagnation and decline.

From a certain point of view.

Funny thing is how black and white the movies are compared to the other media

based and sithpilled

>Peace is a lie. There is only passion.
>Through passion I gain strength.
>Through strength I gain power.
>Through power I gain victory.
>Through victory my chains are broken.
>The Force shall free me.

Are you free, user?

Attached: file.jpg (1304x1160, 957K)

Sith were tryhard edgelords.They deserved to get BTFO at some point

As usual moderation and balance is the right path.

From my point of view, the Jedi are evil.

What the fuck is their ideology even? Literally just keep Sheev in charge and that's it? Some fags on twitter have tried to pretend they're a human supremacist group but I don't think that's anywhere in the actual material.

The Empire isn't, the powers of the 'Dark Side' aren't specifically evil either, but the Sith 100% are.
Sith is ancap with magic powers. See They are pretty fucking evil as a result, even if the Empire and the magic powers in of themselves aren't. Sheev dropped quite a lot of the Sith philosophy once he was in power, and Vader never really cared for it, hence why the term 'Sith' never comes up in the OT.

Kill all force users

The Empire was all Sheev. Darth Bane's justified hateboner for the Jedi changed course for the Sith quite hard.

Have sex, Thrawn

They never explicitly endorse evil, just power and hate, two things forbidden to jedi.

Blowing up planet's isn't being tryhard, its setting the standard for edginess. It doesn't get any edgier. But at the same time they don't do it to explicitly say "look how evil we are".

It's hard to tell by the movies alone. Some EU sources just have sith=emotion and jedi=emotionless, in which case they aren't necessarily evil (nor are the jedi necessarily good). But killing each other seems a big part of their culture, which is evil enough.

>the Sith 100% are
>Sith is ancap with magic powers

Attached: 1517262767935.jpg (635x542, 18K)

no they are based and redpilled

yes retard

The ultimate irony of a Sith fully grasping the code is that they alienate themselves far more than the Jedi.
Trust, friendship, and even lust are chains that hold them back. Jedi at least get to hold normal human relationships, provided they don't take them too far.

from a dogmactic view yes

Do you have any meaningful arguments?

Do you?

are there force centrists? :^)

Attached: 1559936124688.png (496x659, 697K)

There's one right here in this thread

Evil is a point of view

mommy

Bitch please, they become chained by their passions rather quickly

Yes. See Kotor 2.

Part of the idea is that Anakin was supposed to bring balance to the force as the “chosen one”. Of course, this doesn’t happen, and he joins the dark side. The final bit of dramatic irony is that his final fight with Luke shows Luke almost giving over to the dark side himself. Luke showing mercy probably wouldn’t have happened if Vader wasn’t his father, and Vader ultimately redeeming himself wouldn’t have happened if Luke wasn’t his son. Vader’s redemption and Luke’s failure to be corrupted ultimately fulfill the prophecy, even if it was something like half a century late.

define evil

protip: you can't

Sheev separated church and state and planned to save the Galaxy

Isn't Traya a nihilist?

The Jedi weren't part of the Republic government either, they were just in bed with the politicians. In some cases literally.

>Luke accidentelly presses the "cum" button
ew

Yeah, the Sith Code literally praises hyper-individualism and selfishness as the cornerstone to the Sith ideology. That's not a smart way to run a breakfast club, let alone the Galaxy, which is why Sheev abandoned the Sith way not long after using them to seize control of the Galaxy.

Now what is hyperindividualism? It says if you're the strongest guy around, you can do as you like, and if someone else becomes strongest, he can justifiably remove you from power. The most similar ideology in real life to that is anarcho-capitalism/Objectivism of Ayn Rand, which says if you managed to 'earn' your wealth and power than you deserve it. An ideology like this promotes nothing but endless civil war and power-grabs.

Meanwhile the Empire actually brought stability to the Galaxy and was the furthest from anarchism and Objectivism that you can get.