>popular side character take over show and pushes original main character aside

Shows with this feel.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j6o5cUsIhIo
twitter.com/lunarvalleymoon/status/1139591972316823555
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

scooby doo

The closest example I can think of is Robin Williams appearing on Happy Days for one episode as an alien named Mork. His character proved so popular they gave him his own show, Mork and Mindy, which was also a success.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

Not technically correct, but accidentally right image since Fonzie ended up taking over on Happy Days.

>The closest example I can think of is Robin Williams appearing on Happy Days for one episode as an alien named Mork
Another example from that same show was "The Fonz," a character so hyped up as being some daredevil "cool" guy he coined the term "jumping the shark" in a scene where he, quite literally, jumps a shark while wakeboarding.

Family Matters. Show was never originally about Urkel but the Winslow's as a low income black Chicago family.

Attached: p-.jpg (300x300, 25K)

The SImpsons used to focus on Bart but as it got zombified focus shifted to Jerkass Homer.

Now Sneed is the MC.

The Winslows were middle class. Being a cop paid decently back then, Rachel was a fucking business owner, and Harriet had management positions at her various jobs.

Rewatch all the pre Urkel episodes you retard. It was literally about how poor they were.

It started focusing on homer in like season 3-4

I would say it's more focused on Lisa.

The Big Bang Theory

>The Winslows were middle class.
Confirmed for never watching the series but merely hearing about it,

They were poor because of poor spending habits, not low wages.

When will poor ASJ win against JDF, guise? He keeps on losing to him!

Attached: 1522310467757.png (852x872, 870K)

Does Netflix cut out all the pre Urkel episodes and is this why all you zoomers are saying stupid shit?

Probably

They had money. Carl was just a known tightwad.

>Does Netflix cut out all the pre Urkel episodes and is this why all you zoomers are saying stupid shit?

I was quoting the other guy. I didn't say the Winslows were middle class, you retard.

Bender taking over Futurama

Randy taking over South Park

Esther Rolle literally left the show for a season because J.J. got too popular. She thought the character was too coonish.

Attached: good-times-2014.jpg (400x400, 70K)

This is a great example. Not exactly a side character, but the show was meant to be ensemble. It became the flanderized JJ show. It's shame since there was originally a lot of sincerity and heart to this show.

Name a better example than this

Attached: Steve_Urkel.jpg (250x374, 32K)

This and Fonzie are kind of the examples by which this phenomenon is judged. One could even call this the Urkel Effect and everyone would know exactly what you meant.

Man, this fucking arc.

Attached: tenor.gif (450x254, 1.53M)

I wouldn’t attack the guy even if he’s being a cunt, he’s on your side.

I know. The show, originally, wasn't afraid to be very honest. In a very weird way it was the negro MASH in mixing comedy with punches in the feels. It's such a shame they caved to becoming a dumb comedy about a hyper-negro.

>Originally slated to have been a one-time only character on the show, he soon broke out to be its most popular character and gradually became its protagonist.

How do you fuck up this bad?

Old fag here, I seem to remember being a little kid and actually calling Family Matters "Urkel" or "The Urkel Show"

You fuck up like this by being greedy and pandering to the low IQ fans who laughed at muh black nerd.

Steve actually had some layers to him.
youtu.be/j6o5cUsIhIo

everyone called it urkel

Lots of TV shows fail and get canceled. Family Matters was a spin-off of Perfect Strangers. A black family in the suburbs. The Urkel stuff gave them more to do with Eddie, Carl and Laura. It just played better than normal family drama.

Attached: Simpsons Roy 01.jpg (650x488, 89K)

Based Roy

He should lose weight.

Attached: 1554697172911.png (640x615, 330K)

Attached: image.jpg (310x409, 10K)

JDF = Jealous Delusional Faggot

Attached: 1554022695672.jpg (1000x808, 138K)

He was on so much cocaine during the Mork days you can tell

Ron Stoppable taking over Kim Possible.

Attached: 327920.jpg (225x350, 37K)

Wrong character

Attached: 1u5D9sy.png (499x509, 284K)

Out of the way, Ranger Chads coming through.

Attached: D9p0hZPUIAA_11v.jpg (1200x1041, 199K)

twitter.com/lunarvalleymoon/status/1139591972316823555

>When we went to his panel it was the biggest room that the convention center had and maybe only the first four rows of about 50 were filled

>The huwait ranger is the most powerful ranger among the diversity cast, all the rest are just supporting characters

What did Saban mean by this?

Popeye.

Roger and Stan were always the focus of the show

this

they were working class. also that show got really weird towards the end

I have't watched the series only the first one. But Tremors did that I believe

Attached: 910IZE4r4nL._SX342_.jpg (342x399, 38K)

Barney in How I met your mother

Best character.

That was more a case of "anyone else of note left the film and we want some continuity."

Saved by the bell and Good Times

Attached: garou.png (447x699, 266K)

How can ASJ ever recover?

Dave Chappelle in Half-Baked.

What kind of dinosaur was Dragonzord again?

In Dairanger he was this annoying as fuck kid.

The Rock in the Fast n Furious movies

Sneed in The Simpsons

In Norway the show was literally called "Steve". I always thought it was supposed to be about Urkel from the start

So was the Gold Ranger in Zeo.

This is a good example, especially because it left the original star ass devastated

Gohan for a hot minute before it went back to Goku.

Also, Batman in the Diniverse versus in the original Super Friends where it's all about Superman.

He shouldn't be, Fast and the Furious is a billion-dollar franchise because of The Rock. If he wants to have a continuous paycheck from the cash cow, he better shut his mouth and know his role.

ASJ overeats because of the stress of being cucked by Based JDF.

Attached: 64313623_2242929142454558_276724150175793152_n.jpg (960x720, 88K)

How so?

Context?

I can't believe Andros became that ;_;

Saitama was never the mc of the Murata manga

I'd say the Simpsons focused mostly on Bart and Homer. It would be an interesting exercise to check up on every episode and see who the main stories and side stories are focused on.

Meanwhile, Zack looks exactly the same.

wrong. Roger didn't even leave the house in the first season, and later the costumes and personas were limited.

Stan is still the main character.

no shit, it's called "American Dad". that was never for debate.

If you want a Red Ranger who aged like fine wine...

Attached: 1560669579540.png (600x899, 442K)

Actually Harriet started as the elevator operator on the show Perfect Strangers.

WHITE POWER Ranger.

Then it's off-topic to the thread.

>Amaterasu!!

Attached: 1547216633887.jpg (425x340, 14K)

Attached: 1525647179490.jpg (274x280, 38K)

He has.

Attached: 1554478166371.jpg (1014x960, 258K)

Webster had a similar scenario. The couple in the show are the creators of the show and worked for years to finally get their foot in the door only for the higher ups to demand they include Emmanual Lewis.

>voluntarily getting rid of your power

Pathetic

Jason David Frank was in The Junior Defenders with John Waters, who was in Homer and Eddie with Mickey Jones, who was in Pyrates with Kevin Bacon.

based

Zordasaurus.

>skipping leg day
>not skipping carnitas day

And now we see the problem.

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 12K)

Television low income is like high class white people income.

Being fat is a superpower?

Did I do that?

Unironically great. Red Man's Greed and the Baseball episode are two of the best.

You mean Cartman.

In any case its now about Sneed and his antics