I rewatched this for the first time since '97 last night... and is this a horror movie...

I rewatched this for the first time since '97 last night... and is this a horror movie? It has some of the most unpleasant (or tonally weird) deaths of any "action" movie in (my) recent memory. In fact, the whole film feels unpleasant.

Attached: The-Lost-World-Jurassic-Park-movie-poster.jpg (800x1200, 251K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5dT6uVAHOZY?t=129
youtube.com/watch?v=EtZx8wN0CO4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You should've stayed in the high hide, OP.

Spielberg has always had a weird soft spot for gore and brutal deaths

I don't think I would ever classify it as an action movie.

>torn apart by mini raptors
>Literally ripped in half by t rexs
>Cave death
>Raptor field
On paper this film is quite the horror. An R rated version would be kinda interesting, but probably shit.

Don't forget the compy has a venomous bite that slows down its prey's body slowly, hence why Dieter is struggling to escape them when he dies.

Who did the people in the ship died tho

Velociraptors but they were cut from the finale, I think it's still viable a pissed off T-Rex stuck in the middle of the ocean could do it though.

How would it get through the door to the cabin crew?

That dude's hands were STILL GRIPPING THE WHEEL.

Ya got me

I always wondered if a T-Rex would get injured by AK-47 rounds

Attached: image.png (960x640, 526K)

Movie isn't great but it does have based Roland Tembo

Attached: roland_960x540_0.jpg (960x540, 136K)

I mean yeah it definitely would, but would it stop it from running you down after you shot it? Probably not.

I always liked this movie,not as great as the first and the main characters are pretty dumb but as far as dino action its probably the best of the series, and the theme is pretty good too
also Roland is one of the best characters in the series

Attached: roland.webm (640x336, 60K)

Was Carter the biggest piece of shit in the movie?

Attached: Carter- The Lost World.jpg (605x414, 18K)

Shoulda used a .45.

Attached: 1558680615586.jpg (1024x1161, 389K)

Raptor field was my favorite scene

why do you post like a fucking reylo?

1 > 2 > 4 >> 3 >>>> 5

rankingsfags deserve the rope

>Carter's death being almost comical
>that family's dog being eaten
>Andy Dick singled out in there street
>Arliss' death at the hands of T-Rex Jr.
I had no idea who I was supposed to be cheering for to survive (the dinos?) or get their comeuppance. I mean the InGen guys help our "heroes" when they need it and hardly even treat them badly.

Best character in the movie, hands down. He had a nice arc.

>wearing headphones while escaping/on watch/bringing up the rear
He was certainly one of the dumbest.

I wish they had kept the T-Rex boat scene.

I don't think InGen is ever really portrayed as the heroes.

>I had no idea who I was supposed to be cheering for to survive
kill yourself reddit nigger

DON'T GO INTO THE LONG GRASS!

Attached: Ajay.jpg (1920x1040, 106K)

It's a figure of speech, you fucking sperg.

>Original

Corporate guy is a sleazy fuck whom everyone hates and dies horrible. Written by an imaginative human being.

>Jurassic World

Corporate boss female is a sassy badass savior. Some random childminder dies horribly instead. Written by soulless suits.

Attached: lol.jpg (480x360, 42K)

He was phenomenal

Carter was the Mexican guy. Dieter was the guy played by Peter Stormare

>sperg
go back reddit nigger

Reminder:
1>3>2>4>light grazing of your balls>5

Yeah it's awful, a lot of the based characters die for shit reasons, like Eddie or that one Egyptian dude. Meanwhile the retard "good guys" who cause so much trouble get off scott free. I am glad I did not know who Vince Vaughn was when I watched this movie.

Dude who gets ripped in half by t rexs is a fucking hero in my book. Dude goes out like a champ.

He dies saving dumb assholes who essentially got him killed. None of that would have happened had they left the fucking babby t-rex.

Otherside of the cabin could have been torn open but just not shown. Though how the hand stayed on the wheel while being bitten off? Death grip?

Vince Vaughn is responsible for pretty much every death on the island, bringing that baby rex to the camp, letting the caged ones loose destroying most of the InGen team's supplies, taking the guy's rifle rounds he could have killed the Rex with and saved people.

The part that gets me is where did the raptors go?
The ship had to have already been going decent way away from the island for it to continue on its course, but the raptors killed everyone on board and disappeared. Did they jump and try swimming back? did they take a lifeboat? Is there a pack of raptors on the high seas now?

Deleted scene for Jurassic Empire (JP5) will show Chris Pratt in an inflatable raft helping the raptors escape before they send the ship into the harbor. It's played for laughs, with the raptor claws and it being an inflatable...

Named after Roland the Thompson Gunner.

based dilating tranny that's only accustomed to toothless PG action blockbusters

Shut the fuck up reddit nigger

Then its gonna end with the raptor Blue helping him put the finishing touches on his lake house

watched TLW twice on cinemas back then, for some reason I enjoyed that one more than the first JP, untill the San Diego scenes at least

Attached: 32802222490_7bee7bb013_o.jpg (650x327, 107K)

And he can get away with his movies being PG-13 because of his Jewish connections

>Otherside of the cabin could have been torn open but just not shown.

I'm pretty sure they show the outside of the ship before they go into the cabin and there is no noticeable damage to it. It's been a long time since I watched Lost World though.

youtu.be/5dT6uVAHOZY?t=129

based soundtrack

For me it's Rescuing Sarah
youtube.com/watch?v=EtZx8wN0CO4

It's not the gore that bothered me, it was the weirdness of it all.

Well they are PG-13 movies. Fucking pussy.

Kill yourself faggot scum