Why was this character hyped so much only to be completely pointless...

Why was this character hyped so much only to be completely pointless? Was it really to just to make sure kids bought a silver stormtrooper toy in addition to the regular one?

Attached: captain-phasma-star-wars-episode-7-force-awakens-cast.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wegotthiscovered.com/movies/captain-phasma-is-definitely-dead-star-wars-rise-skywalker/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what does your heart tell you desu desu senpai

Meant to be the new Boba Fett; hyped up, killed off like a pussy

>Was it really to just to make sure kids bought a silver stormtrooper toy in addition to the regular one?

yes

This. Hideously wasted potential to even be the new Vadar while Kylo was partly redeemed. Instead they copy pasted Force Awakens and went nowhere with the characters.

they wanted her to be their boba fett. they thought if they hyped her up that would translate to her being their boba fett. Because they actually bought the meme that marketing makes hype.

The character is/was a glorified spear carrier, which in fairness is a necessary role. the problem comes from hyping her up and then doing nothing with her.

Why they didn't have her fight Finn on Maz's planet in VII is just shear stupidity.

It was hyped because Kathleen Kennedy liked the character and forced her into the movie. None of the writers had any interest. JJ probably threw her into the trash compactor as a fuck you for meddling.

yes and her design is literally the best selling nu-wars toy

Shiny and Chrome

Attached: Nux-Online-678x381.jpg (678x381, 66K)

>implying boba fett wasn't the exact same as captain phasma
He was hyped up, did nothing and jobbed, then died. The only difference is people like him for some reason.

Star Wars is known for this.
>Phasma
>Fett
>Maul
>Dooku
>Grievous

They create interesting villains, then do nothing with them.

How was she hyped up? By being featured in like 2 promotional stills and one shot from a trailer?

yes it was going to be one of kylo ren's costumes. didn't quite work for his character and too lucrative to drop, make up some 'character' to display it.

I'm pretty sure Keri Russell's character is actually going to be the "new" Boba Fett. She's actually a bounty hunter from the looks of it. She seems to be their second attempt at it since Phasma was such a failure.

Boba was barely a character, he was basically a plot device with a cool suit of armor. But the armor was so cool that people expected and wanted more from him. Hence all the expanded universe bullshit and his presence in the prequels.

It's even more hilarious because Gwendoline kept going on and on about how Phasma was so "feminist" because her armor didn't show curves and here comes Zori with her feminine curve-showing pink bodysuit.

SJW will completely ignore this btw.

Behold, the non-feminazi real new Boba Fett!

Attached: zori.jpg (1080x1338, 171K)

Can't wait for the XXX parody

Star Wars has been Clown Shoes since Episode I.

JJ is unironically a sexist. He never learned from his Star Trek fiasco. It's so funny to see feminists rally around him.

This is honestly the most attractive/feminine character in the entire ST and her face is pretty too if they actually show it. I'm genuinely surprised. I guess they really are back-pedaling on their feminazi/SJW bullshit and want to try and make money by baiting waifufags since Rey failed at that.

Because KK is a misogynist unless it's her self-insert Mary Sue, because Abrams was anti-white Jewish creep, and because Johnsoy was afraid of strong women and hated the fans.

I still wish she had turned out to be Kylo's old love interest. They can't have Rey competing with an actual woman though, I guess. She would look too pathetic in comparison.

>>Maul
he got an insane push in the later animated series considering his character has like one line of dialogue in TPM

Wow that looks like shit

t. Rey

Calm your dirty buns, sandrat. Kylo still isn't allowed to actually have choices, so you are his only love interest.

>He was hyped up
No he wasn't.

I'm just pissed we never got Reysma yuri kino. Rey going dark side and GFing Phasma would have saved The ST imo.

Attached: tumblr_o0qg3gc5301sxzphso1_1280.png (1280x1426, 521K)

>no jealous scavenger Rey fighting for Kylo's affections in IX

Fucking DROPPED. They never should've changed Snoke into a man anyway.

Attached: tumblr_psbxrmacfi1w1weh3o1_1280.jpg (1100x1097, 308K)

Finn should've 1 v 1'd her here.
Then the second battle would've been round 2 in TLJ

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 9K)

Rey is Bensexual. She literally shipped herself across the galaxy for him and is still seething a year later that he never gave her the dick. Go home.

Attached: D9RUkbQUwAAmUea.jpg large.jpg (1354x1844, 315K)

He literally was the hottest toy on the market before he was in the movies and had an entire segment of the holiday special dedicated to hyping up his upcoming appearance in ESB

shut the fuck up, you don't know what you're talking about zoomer

Is that why Rey is such a rageturd? She's just been completely sexually frustrated ever since she met Kylo kek

Nay, she wants the hot athletic blonde beefcake, not the spergy twerp.

Attached: reysma____what_have_i_done__by_1nk_1nc-da9k4k8.jpg (1024x1024, 201K)

>what does your heart tell you
Based

lol look at her hopeful fucking face. Girl was 110% ready to lose her virginity. Even put on makeup and everything. Never getting over how funny this is.

Attached: shewantstofuck.gif (540x245, 2.91M)

Keep dreaming. There is only one pair of pretty eyes in the galaxy that Rey is willing to risk it all for.

Attached: 1521174849198.gif (250x250, 2.32M)

shippers need the rope

>shipfags

star wars """""discussion""""" in 2019 kek

Daily reminder that Kylo Ren/Reylo is the only worthwhile thing in SW. This is OUR trilogy. Die mad about it.

Attached: marrymepls.gif (540x250, 2.97M)

Both the nu-wars movies so far have just been a pure waste of potential. This character is probably the most egregious offender. Snoke was a big waste too. Luke is on another level because they trashed a character that was already perfectly established. Every character is a big waste and does dumb nonsensical bullshit.

>finn should've 1 v 1'd her
I swear to god you retarded redditors who haven't even watched these movies
HE FIGHTS HER IN TLJ WHICH YOU HAVENT EVEN SEEN BITCH

>On the DVD commentary for Return of the Jedi, Lucas stated that if he had known Boba would be a popular character, he would have made the character's death in Return of the Jedi more exciting.
kys cryptozoomer

Attached: 1521563653175.png (1042x598, 457K)

The problem is that dipshit sw fanboys can't engage with characterization in any other manner besides how le epically badass they are.

She's not dead.

reminder disney killed star wars and you'll never see any of these characters again after 9.

Attached: 1520084275482.jpg (491x666, 91K)

Idk maybe she wants Ben for a quick hatefuck but Phasma for long term wifeing.

Attached: CYNAu6cW8AA50kZ.jpg (600x867, 67K)

lmao her fucking helmet looks like the Slave I

A female getting wrecked easily after having their ability overhyped was perhaps the only based and realistic part of the film.

Did it even have to be Gwendoline Christie? She stayed hidden inside her suit in her three scenes, so that's already how you know it was easy pandering to people for whom Gwendoline is a feminist icon.

>WHICH YOU HAVENT EVEN SEEN BITCH
he chose wisely.

Attached: 1528343004834.jpg (962x682, 189K)

>draw anime Kylo
>take away his giant nose, his massive ears, and the greased-up hair
Tumblr is so fucking hilarious, they champion for different beauty standards but when it comes to drawing Kylo, they represent him as a poster-boy for the Hitler youth.

You’re right if you’ve only seen the movies at face value.

> Dooku
Whole storyline of him confident in becoming the second most powerful being in the universe, then betraying him to become the most powerful. Being a sneaky little faggot he tries to recruit a powerful Jedi as an apprentice (ap I Wan Kenobi) by showing him mercy and respect during the clone wars. Then with all that knowledge the betrayal of not being the second in line and being beheaded by Anakin in ROTS gives his ending much more meaning.

> Grevious
CNW Clone Wars hail him as an unstoppable ruthless villain but the CGI clone wars turns him into a comic villain from the 60s but is still shown to be ruthless.

> Phasma
Straight into the trash literally, they kill her off after not being a Boba after sucess

> Boba Fett
In RotJ he is thrown away but still during ESB he’s shown to be defiant against Vader and is specifically told “no disintegration’s” by Vader as if he’s just as merciless as Vader. The prequels show his innocence being lost and TCW shows him as a teen Turing into what he is during the GCW. In other books and comics his conquests are legendary and all this brought him back to surviving the sarlacc pit

It's hard to love the result of an unholy union between a kike and a drowned rat.

To subvert your expectations

No, she loves Ben. She wants him to break her cervix and then impregnate her with Skywalker triplets. She wants all the fucking and wifeing with Ben only!

She is. John Boyega confirmed it in an interview.
wegotthiscovered.com/movies/captain-phasma-is-definitely-dead-star-wars-rise-skywalker/

kill yourself reylo nigger

Attached: 1529436697679.jpg (3000x4000, 2.31M)

Forgot about Maul, not only does he get chopped in half and that’s supposedly it for him. He gets brought back by voodoo magic after going insane with revenge for Kenobi, manipulates the crime syndicates of the galaxy to become top dog and when he finally gets a chance at revenge he gets 1-2’d by Kenobi and as he is dying he realized that his whole life was a failure

you can get chopped in half in real life and live let alone start wars with their tech

I can't wait for them to retcon this as soon as they want to sell a new comic book.

Oh fuck yeah user, im sure the return of phasma will bring the old fans back

That's not from tumblr, it's from a Japanese artist on twitter.

It's actually the opposite in the Western fandom for Kylo. I think he's the first example I can think of where the artists actually try and make their art look as much like the character as possible. They really love Adam's features. So you actually couldn't be more wrong.

Most of the time people don't bother making Rey look like Daisy though.

right, a passing comment from George 30 years after the fact is a lot more credible than the obvious evidence of preemptive advertising for the character

but of course you just love to sperg about didney so George was perfect and didn't care about money

>sperg
go back hole

Literally the entire reason that scene is memorable is because it's just a random stormtrooper who's so pissed off at the traitor he wants to throw down and 1v1 him. when you put an established character there it ruins the impact

you people literally are so fucking dumb it hurts

Why are you so wrong and mad about everything?

Attached: tumblr_pp105pJLAe1rt8flfo1_r1_1280.jpg (1280x1584, 309K)

Yea but I’m not gunna eat rats for a decade or two make new legs out of garbage, get rescued by my tard strength brother only to force him to side me with my revenge, purge a myriad of crime syndicates, become the leader of a historically brutal warrior clan, become the kingpin of the galaxys crime just to get revenge on the guy who chopped me in half

Why d people take the time to C/P or type out the post number rather than just clicking it? If anything it proves you’re more invested and personally affected by the shitflinging the other person could just stop repling and chances are you’ll refresh the thread till it’s deleted

>Literally the entire reason that scene is memorable is because it's just a random stormtrooper
Pretty sure he's supposed to be another elite soldier/janitor that finn grew up with. Stupida fucking movie.

Attached: FurioGiunta-.jpg (408x320, 110K)

You sound ugly.

Attached: tumblr_pffv6vKrA81vdhjy9o1_1280.png (800x1000, 192K)

some EU dipshit also wrote that ice cream maker man on Cloud City was carrying secret rebel secrets in his ice cream maker computer, does that mean it's actually in the movie?

why does it bother you tourists so much?

Attached: 1531845909390.jpg (1080x1920, 202K)

>He never learned from his Star Trek fiasco
?? QRD. I despise the hack cunt, but if he's sexist I may forgive some of his past sins.

That user is such a clown kek

Attached: tumblr_inline_pie7u5SkCm1uxqp1h_540.png (540x681, 730K)

>impact
Did anything in the new trilogy have an 'impact'? They forgot about him anyway, because none of the troopers or officers in the Supremacy recognized him in his disguise.

You're the one making up conspiracy theories that anyone who disagrees with you is reddit or a discord tranny or whatever and making the effort to remove the (You), yet it's the other people who are bothered? lmao

the eu is fantastic, your cunt over lord kennedy made a new one for holes like you, full of strong black imperials, bleeding lightsabers and farting weddings. what more could a tranny ask for?

Attached: 1529447692546.jpg (720x960, 402K)

>kys cryptozoomer
I chuckled

tumblr loves Kylo's beautiful features/face though

I've seen blogs dedicated to his nose. His lips are to die for, too. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Attached: maybeso.png (808x472, 825K)

Damn, you're wrong as fuck.

Attached: tumblr_ptb47yp2yL1wx5cuyo1_1280.jpg (829x1157, 377K)

That Rey should be naked and plump up to 400lbs.

Nope, her overwhelming desire is munching Phasma's flaxen rug.

Attached: 14099641_545712922290254_1328735613_n.jpg (1000x616, 50K)

Oh well what if I am.

Most of the art I've seen inside the Reylo fandom administers quick fixes to his features, like portraying him with a straightened greek nose, or keeping his face more square. I know this is in the vein of all chibi art to give a more stylised and "cute" representation of a character, but it's pretty overboard.

Of course some of his other features drive some girls crazy, and they keep it in, like the flowing dark hair, the pale complexion, the scar running jagged across his face.
But you can't deny most drawings of him are basically him post-facial surgery. But I guess you'd do that for any drawing of a fictional character.

Attached: 6fc15305ae253c484a225d09e199c913.jpg (643x900, 109K)

youre the one who's desperately baiting in this thread after your general was btfo 2 years ago

Attached: 1528843556331.gif (498x340, 3.96M)

Captain Phasma is honest to god one of the biggest reasons women and soys should be shitting on mu-wars. She was made into a fucking joke in the first movie and when they said she’d have a bigger roles in TLJ they fucked that up too.

Christie has to be a little salty about what they did to her. She’s fucking useless as is the sequel trilogy.

Attached: 8106BD63-659B-423F-A595-E947C6FD09A9.jpg (770x1000, 121K)

shippers should be executed

There was actually a deleted scene where Finn ran into a former friend of his (played by Tom Hardy doing a weird Tom hardy voice) recognized him and congratulated him on making Officer, and it's established that the First Order tried to suppress knowledge of Finn's defection getting out so it wouldn't possibly inspire other troopers to try to jump ship

I can cherrypick all the malignantly retarded shit in the old EU but it won't convince you because you're just motivated by impotent anger at your own virginity lmao

>lmao

>trust me, Adam Driver looks 100% like this

Attached: CeU4izgUYAEI0DS.jpg (600x850, 126K)

laughing my ass off at your virginity and neetdom/wagecuckery lmao

remember that you're going to die alone not because of any jews in media but because you are a genetic failure

>making the effort to remove the (You), yet it's the other people who are bothered? lmao
Seething
>making up conspiracy theories that anyone who disagrees with you is reddit or a discord tranny
Dat cope.
Not him, enjoy your (((you)))

>hmm, looks like Adam Driver to me, with all his staple imperfections

Attached: large.jpg (640x960, 81K)

>laughing my ass off at your virginity and neetdom/wagecuckery lmao

>some reason
He looked cool and you could project a personality onto him.

No, you're really reaching here and wrong as fuck.

Most artists in Western fandom NEVER bother to make the characters look like the actor. So you bringing it up in the first place is already dumb because it's not even a thing. They don't bother making Rey look like Daisy Ridley either. Like I said, people go gaga over Kylo's facial features. And not just his hair. His nose and his profile and his lips and even his fucking moles. I've even seen Asian artists go crazy for his moles. It's like a thing that transcends countries. So you are actually hilariously wrong and Kylo is the only time I've ever seen artists go so hard to try and make the character look like the actor as much as possible. So sometimes they don't get it perfectly right? They are still putting in the effort. I just saw some artist on twitter recently complain because she couldn't get his face right. I've never seen any fandom take such care in that. Most people don't bother.

So yes, they love his features and you are wrong.

Attached: anoniswrongandshouldfeelwrong.png (587x628, 245K)

>remember that you're going to die alone not because of any jews in media but because you are a genetic failure

>tumblr_ptb47yp2yL1wx5cuyo(...).jpg

>cherrypicking this hard

Daisy doesn't look like that at all. Sorry to burst your lesbian delusions, but you don't need to lie to vent your anger. Just say you hate Reylo and go.

That does look a lot like him. If you are familiar with the artist she has a problem with sameface especially with her women but she clearly bothered to try and make the person's features/nose look more like Kylo.

>tumblr_inline_pie7u5SkCm1(...).png

holy shit you are genuinely insane

You're going to shoot up a theater when IX premieres aren't you

>that one angry tumblr lesbian Reylo-hater trying to go after Adam's looks but just being embarrassingly wrong

Sad.

>tumblr_pffv6vKrA81vdhjy9o(...).png

>tumblr_o0qg3gc5301sxzphso(...).png

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't feel wrong yet. I probably haven't seen enough of these, originally I was digging into a drawing where they'd neutered everything distinctive on his face to reduce him down to a composite of every average western man. But people have since jumped in to tell me the artist is Nipponese.

Am ambivalent towards Reylo.

Attached: 68d932a563e80e283c4a8dda7df78370.jpg (1280x1813, 433K)

>tumblr_psbxrmacfi1w1weh3o(...).jpg

Everyone ITT should kill themselves

>ywn trace the constellation of moles on Kylo's chest

Asian artists are crying

Attached: D8OX7TuUcAIhizW.jpg large.jpg (1598x1000, 212K)

>holy shit you are genuinely insane

>You're going to shoot up a theater when IX premieres aren't you

No, there's been a mistake, I'm actually not a lesbian.

>tumblr_pffv6vKrA81vdhjy9o(...).png

Lies. You can see this shit discounted everywhere while everything else is sold out.

It was a marketing technique Lucas developed in Shadows of the Empire and then used in all the prequels
Hype an enigmatic background character giving them some seemingly prominent looking shots even though they appear briefly and do nothing making them seem cool and mysterious and important
And merchandise the fuck out of them with spin off material like comics and games
Anyone remember that blue skinned alien woman in phantom menace? Same deal, loads of material was produced for someone with like 5 seconds screen time

Reminder that
1. Phasmas armour reflects blaster bolts
2. Because Blaster Bolts are Plasma, it means it reflects heat
3. Fuel fires cannot burn at a higher temp than whats used to turn gas into plasma
4. Thus, Phasma is ALIVE

Attached: 62495372_10157475750643447_8903488408861540352_o.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

>holy shit you are genuinely insane
plebbitor salt is best salt
>You're going to shoot up a theater when IX premieres aren't you
BASED. You genuinely think that's an insult don't you?

Kylo is a kissless virgin.

Don't worry, you don't have to feel wrong to be wrong. And you are.

>I was digging for a cherrypicked fanart

More news at 11.

Like I said, artists don't always get it right but it doesn't mean they aren't trying. And they care more than I've seen any other fandom care to

Most artists don't like to venture out of the comfort zone of their "styles", but that's true in every fandom. I was actually surprised that Kylo fans care so much, which is why it struck me as particularly funny since you brought it up.

Attached: tumblr_pcjq9u4mSO1uickp9o1_500.jpg (500x707, 72K)

Just a tranny?

>tumblr_pcjq9u4mSO1uickp9o1_500.jpg

I'm not a lesbian and not a trannoid.

reminder all these tumblr whales will go back to shipping harry potter wgen episode 9 flops and they get no reylo

Uh uuhh whatever, I got twenty supportive (You)s in the next thread over about Tessa Thompson.

No, Rian said he kissed a girl at Luke's Academy!

He's a volcel and don't you forget it!

Attached: tumblr_okv4pl9qQX1w1t8vdo1_1280.png (800x1174, 867K)

Hey, at least they didnt completely waste a decent actress as Phasma is Helmeted

Attached: j9t5g6izu4q21.jpg (861x1200, 216K)

>not kissing a boy
oh my god this is so disgusting, I am really triggered right now

tumblr_okv4pl9qQX1w1t8vdo(...).png

kek

Attached: tumblr_ostbk9sUK21w1t8vdo1_1280.jpg (1000x1439, 360K)

I'm glad artists appreciate his looks. He's so beautiful.

Except Fett and Maul and Dooku actually had moments where they looked effective against the main characters. Fett was the successful bounty hunter in capturing Solo. Maul killed Qui-Gon. Dooku cut off Anakin's hand and beat him and Obi-Wan.

Phasma barely even had that.

They wanted to recreate the Boba Fett effect and failed.
Lighting in the bottle.
Also her suit looks like cheap plastic.

Attached: 350bb14c030c057a856a7179ecb23697.jpg (600x902, 71K)

You must have been really triggered when he and Rey had metaphorical sex, then.

Attached: tumblr_peqrxxZVFW1rde6m4o2_1280.png (650x646, 285K)

Can you reylo larp fags fucking kill yourselves?! Jesus fucking Christ I hope a pack of aids ridden kike niggers rapes everyone of you faggots to death.

Attached: 455A125E-E915-4879-B0CC-53BE22087234.jpg (500x500, 24K)

>tumblr_okv4pl9qQX1w1t8vdo(...).png

scruffy Rey and Beauty Queen Kylo is my favorite canon meme

Attached: tumblr_peqrxxZVFW1rde6m4o1_1280.png (650x646, 247K)

are byzantinefox and frenchy the third world hole making another push?

>tumblr_peqrxxZVFW1rde6m4o(...).png

>Reylo fags ruining a decent discussion thread

Now, I personally think Phasma is alive, but wont show up in IX
They certainly have something going for her with her novel and comic, hopefully her Age of Resistance comic sheds light on the situation

Attached: 1559837892997.jpg (720x960, 129K)

Are her guns backwards?

Attached: 1514238092005.jpg (590x572, 215K)

>Trusting anything Rian says

Attached: 1560109237813.jpg (348x324, 9K)

this repulsive human garbage actually reads nu eu.

Attached: images (82).jpg (300x349, 10K)

Phasma is shit. This is Kylo's trilogy.

Attached: 1514683372164.gif (270x300, 1.95M)

Well it's relevant because he was referencing a conversation he had with Adam Driver. So if Adam played Kylo as someone who has kissed a girl before, it's kind of canon and important.

Attached: tumblr_p65g2sPMR71sjrad6o1_540.gif (540x226, 2.97M)

Finn should gave been fucking gutted in this scene. What a joke.

gyno goblin was a mistake

Happy for you.

>tumblr_p65g2sPMR71sjrad6o1_540.gif

he played kylo as a weak pathetic faggot who couldn't beat a small girl with no training.

he only got the job because he's black, finn's white in the concept art then abrams sperged about too many white people

he played kylo as a faggot who everyone in the cinema laughed at when he took his shirt off.

Gyno goblin is kylo fucking newfag

I almost wish Rian were directing TROS. He did such a good job with Reylo/Kylo. I don't know if I trust JJ and whatshisface, but at least he's a Kylofag? I think.

Attached: tumblr_inline_p71xuzhQXh1raxntp_500.gif (500x281, 1.78M)

>tumblr_inline_p71xuzhQXh1(...).gif

They don't get the Fett effect.
Characters like Fett get popular because they're in the background, look cool and do a few cool things. They don't get hyped up as the next Vader or Fett to drum up expectations, then go down like a bitch.

looks like it doesn't end well for her though per this latest leak

Attached: wew.png (577x471, 63K)

It always bothered me how the ST doubled down on the first order nazi imagery to a ridiculous extent, while also casting as diverse as possible.
>"hey guys look how diverse our nazis are!! Dont you want to dress up as and buy toys of the NAZIS?"
like I get that the empire was always inspired by the nazis, but it was still within Saturday morning cartoon villain vibes. tfa came along and had them actually doing knockoff nazi salutes and rally's. Just kinda weird choices

kek where do people get these?

I wish rian had directed the whole trilogy.
He had really interesting ideas about the nature of the force/jedi, but the movie is completely bogged down by the resistance plot which feels like a totally different movie.
I, for one, blame the awful setup of TFA for everything wrong with TLJ. It's a movie that doesnt commit to any of its world building, while also making irreversible changes to the world its changing, creating an incomplete stepping stone for the next person.

The movie should've just been about the Kylo/luke/rey stuff. That was mostly great until the end where it got a little shitty with Rey not joining Kylo.

Resistance are glorified filler.

look up 'talk to transformer'

Brienne a cute!

you'r clearly retarded and posses no reading comprehension
abstain from posting

I believe in you, user.

It's called "we don't have a script" syndrome. I doubt they even had a time to check it since most if the cast said they only got a handful of lines per session and never in advance.
>Yeah so we have all our main cast trapped on a ship and everyone else is dead and the first order has a billion troops with magic trackers so now we...err...OH FUCK

Porgs got into every other fucking scene because that's the toy the focus roups loved.

its obvious they planned the marketing before they wrote the movie. so I don't know why you'd just make up some random bullshit.

Wont be surprised if it a nigger under that helmet

Move toys while also selling their "The Force is Female" logline in order to gain social capital while promoting their new million dollar blockbuster
I just don't understand why, from either Disney's or Abrams' perspective, that they would make this character so prominent in the marketing just to do nothing. From their point of view, there was no reason not to make her the secondary villain of Episode 7, or someone who works directly for Kylo Ren and does all his dirty work, and functions as a primary antagonist while they set up Kylo Ren for the next 2 movies. Why bother with the bait and switch at all?

I had no idea it was a woman inside the suit.
She doesn't take the helmet off and the voice is ambiguous.
So the whole woman-power thing seemed a bit silly.

Because a new hope didn't have a secondary villain like her, so the uncreative hack had nothing to steal from.

oh so her hair is like that because it's a hairstyle a baby left to raise themselves would make up. she's like blue lagoon but by herself

KK and the Story Group were desperate to have a female Boba Fett character but they had no idea of how that character became iconic in the first place so they shoved Phasma into everything possible (including a CG animated show).