Will they ever attempt an adaptation?

Will they ever attempt an adaptation?

Attached: horus_rising_wallpaper1.jpg (1200x675, 239K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V2B6de1Geks
youtube.com/watch?v=V2B6de1Geks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck off with your nerd shit

Doesn't fit with the politics they're interested in showcasing

that won't stop them
>without xenos the imperium will not survive, let them in!

I truly and sincerely hope not. 40k is *way* too big a setting for it ever to be done justice on the screen. Too much cgi, too much lore to dump, to inaccessible to normies to ever make its money back. Keep it on the page and on the tabletop, where it belongs.

god I hope not, they'd do everything fucking wrong and probably slam in a half-done love story between a remembrancer and a space marine or something

No. It's plain and simple.

>If they spend the appropriate ungodly budget needed to actually make a proper adaptation for it, it will never, ever yield appropriate returns and will invariably be known as a box office flop that was bleeding money for no gain

>If they half-ass it in any way and don't go 11/10 batshit insanity, nobody will care, because the entire reason anybody even likes this series is because it is aggressively over the top and does not thrive as a small story

You absolutely cannot make this work. I can already guarantee I am a bigger 40K fan than you, and would sell my children and my neighbors' children for an ideal, perfect adaptation. But the setting cannot be done projer justice without spending so much on it that it is a guaranteed commercial failure. This is before we process the fact that the "plot" cannot be summarized in 4 minutes, and the numerous factions, ideals, cultures, and gravity of a simple series of words can't be properly conveyed through a simple flick. You'd have to make a full-sized series for it, and it would be even worse of a monetary black hole than a film would. That, or they butcher the source material to the point where it's unrecognizable, and it fails to appeal to anybody.

Attached: 1985192358.jpg (1000x667, 99K)

These niggers know whats up.

Roboute Guilliman frowns on your bloated corpse of an empire.

doesn't need to be high budget if it's not about space marines

>not about space marines
Then there's no fucking point, fuck off.

>cgi planets
>cgi aliens
>cgi tanks, battlefields, planes, titans etc
Even the guard-focused stories like Gaunts Ghosts or Last Chancers have big setpiece scenes that'd be insanely expensive to do well. 40k is all about the scale, if it doesn't feel huge it isn't 40k.

horror film on a battleship after some shit went down, nice scale but still dark and cheap

Wasn't Event Horizon kind of an adaptation of WH?

Make a slow drama like better call Saul about some rememberancers. No space marines involved at all. Only mention primarchs in the last sentence of the season and never deliver on it. No action scenes. Pure drama

Flight of eisenstien style? Where they get in the warp and the demons come on the ship

So, Alien? Yeah, we both know it's a bit more than just that, but the normies this film will need to appeal to to make any money will just see Alien.

What would be the way to make this low-budget?

>Guard VS Orkz
>Now you have to make CGI Boyz en masse and all of their madness
>Guard VS Chaos Cultists
>Uniforms for two factions full of humans and tons and tons of CGI for all of their las/bolt weapons, and inevitably a Chaos Daemon and all of the CGI that comes with it

Anything else is an orgy of custom factions, alternative weapon/armor/vehicle styles, and animations.

Guard vs guard. Make it about social issues.

Well, yes, I am the Lord Commander of the custodian guard, how did you know?

Attached: D7vrTaAW0AQ6BL0.jpg (675x1200, 105K)

that franchise is dead, star trek is dead, star wars is dead, warcraft is dead, there's plenty of room for warhammer

Make it about hive gangers

>Mordian Commissar attached to Catachan regiment purging a jungle of heretics before getting ambushed by Genestealers, a la OG Predator
Ok, that would actually work pretty well

>Here's your Horus, bro

Attached: MV5BNTE3MzQzODE3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDE0ODY1NA@@._V1_.jpg (1445x2048, 461K)

He'd actualy be an unironically interesting choice for Perturabo, assuming that they cgi away his manlet status. He can definitely pull off autistic and bitter pretty well

I could see something like a simplistic Space Marine vs Tyranid (think starship troopers) action flick working out.
Don't need to go too heavy into lore for it.
A mini-series showing the different races founding Tau empire would be cool though.

Why didn't Perturabo just use his downtime to construct aesthetic and efficient cities like Guilliman did?

Attached: frodo.png (400x399, 214K)

>it's a Loken survives for fucking months on a desolate planet and is brought back solely for fan service
Should've dropped it there

Attached: DxCuc_aWkAAjL5Q.jpg large.jpg (624x351, 35K)

Space Marines can do that, they're sturdy bois

Lore dump? Just drop them in an adaptation of the Space Marine game and you’re good. Shit was lit. Humans are fighting ugly green bois, then skull dudes show up. Bitches are gonna figure out what an ‘Ultramarine’ is. They don’t need to explain every last thing.

>survives that and a total planetary bombardment to boot
Should've brought Tarvitz back

You can’t explain it? What? Bro, it’s fucking orcs vs humans. They can explain it in 10 seconds.

You're right about the commercial failure part, but
>This is before we process the fact that the "plot" cannot be summarized in 4 minutes
Come the fuck on, "humans in a sci-fi scenario fighting a desperate, losing war against alien foes" isn't exactly deep.

Astartes is made by one autistic 3D animator in 18 months. If you gathered 100 autistic animators with a financial incentive, they could achieve what is required in 18 months. Get some godly VA's and you're set.

>Astartes
pure kino youtu.be/V2B6de1Geks

As impressive as that is for being the work of one man, don't pretend like it's high enough quality for big budget AAA. Also good luck finding a worthy script, as it seems even good writers like Abnett sometimes have a hartd time getting the tone of 40k right whilst still having an engaging story

Checked and WAAAAGHpilled

Waaaggghhhhh....

Attached: aaaggghhh (3).png (591x559, 166K)

good luck with making autists work together

Yes, when CG animation becomes dirt cheap, read: in 10 years or so.

yes but only if half the soldiers are women

Whenever somebody says they like Wh40k, I instantly know that Im dealing with a retarded person, and disregard them entirely.

Making about faggot emperor begging chaos gods for power so he can rule and fucking up everything for thousand of years by doing so.

warhammer is way too problematic

t. seething "god"

>38,000 years in the future
>white people existing
>no Islam
>no female space marines
>war based on racial factions
>setting is actually pretty infantile apart from one or two interesting books
>budget needs to be Immense

Yeah nah never ever brah

Just accept the DoW1 intro cinematic as the closest you'll ever get and be happy

Now a series based on warhammer FANTASY is definitely possible

Attached: images (15).jpg (473x648, 21K)

No, it's way too niche and way too fucking expensive. With Dune there'e a crowd outside of fans who will see it but that's not the case with 40k

I AM LORD SCROTUM OF THE KNIGHTS BALLSACKUS, I'LL BE YOUR NILFGAARDIAN FOR TODAY

GW themselves will fuck it up

They will demand space marines be front and center when the best way to do it is have it be guard focused.

They will want to show off as many miniatures as possible even though the narrative or budget wouldn't need it

I reckon there's probably a big enough market for it. People who play the game currently are not the only fans- it's 30 years old and will hit male demographics across the western world from gen x, y and z. GW is bigger than ever as well.

The other problem is how derivative and lawsuit enabling the setting is lol

The only way to make a fully fledged 40k movie is from the perspective of an IG conscript. But they die like flies so it's hard to justify many combat scenes.

40k mostly a shit.

>the best way to do it is have it be guard focused.
the best way to do Warhammer is to adapt Eisenhorn Trilogy and you are an abolute mouth breathing drain dead moron if you think otherwise

I dont think the scale or setting is the challenge - they just wont get the tone right. It would take a special director to give it the right look and feel.

And they dont need to explain the whole plot, the protaganists only need to deal with one or two factions primarily. The eldar just need to pop by at most, possibly as allies

The plot would need to move away from giant action sequences because non-stop mega action isn't a good plot and it costs too much to produce.

I always imagined it following a remembrancer following the expedition, cataloguing everything and unravelling a conspiracy to turn horus. The remembrancer functions as a fish out of water introduction to the universe. He recruits his space marine friend into helping him. Its basically the plot of the first 3 novels.

The series ends when horus is turned.

Attached: 1558199698183.jpg (1400x2258, 442K)

You could have a story about a stranded group of Marines and Guards and slowly introduce elements of the greater lore. You dont need a super high budget and you'd be playing it safe

Why would they? It’d already be a gorillion dollars to make and the whole “dream ensemble cast” that you faggots came up with would cost 100 million alone.

The space marine armor is retarded and has no charisma
The Terran Marine is superior in everyway

But for anyone interested in a WH 40K adaptation there is the will made fan art project : youtube.com/watch?v=V2B6de1Geks

Thank me later

Attached: 43645.jpg (680x919, 94K)

Afaik it was supposed to be 40k film but GW pulled the license mid-production or in the middle of planning. You can still see remnants of it in the final cut, like the chaos star in the engine room.