What are your hopes for this one?

What are your hopes for this one?

Also Godzilla general I guess.

Attached: Godzilla_vs._Kong_-_licensing_promotional_poster.jpg (343x290, 18K)

I hope they don't change anything from the original plan they had because of KOTM not making much. It was a great movie.

At least two decent fights before they inevitably team up against some final boss at the end.

>kong shown bigger than godzilla
pffffffffffffffft

Just want more Kaiju Kino on my end. Also, I just want this movie to succeed so that we can get more Monsterverse. Honestly, I’m starting to like this franchise a little after seeing KOTM say the cinema a couple weeks back.

Hopefully we will see a Mothra stand-alone film.

Attached: A8ECDF9E-EE5E-49A8-8284-32D533009236.png (1334x750, 3.13M)

Agreed. I feel like a lot of us were worried about Monsterverse going in because it's famous Japanese characters being handled by Hollywood, but KOTM really made me feel like these people know and respect these kaiju and want to see them kick ass as much as we do.

Also yes, there is never enough Mothra.

Attached: D9ZFiTBW4AApXe_-orig.png (592x531, 237K)

This. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if Legendary just copies the plot of Batman vs Superman. I would not be mad at all as It could work here. Just have some big bad force Kong and Godzilla fight a bit before teaming up.

Also, here’s hoping the final boss will be DESTOROYAH

I hope they change virgin Kong for Chad Destroyah.

Considering the events of KOTM, Destroyah isn't impossible at this point.

Based

I remember some of the early KOTM leaks describing what they thought was a Destroyah crab in the post credits scene, but that ended up being Ghidorah's head.

My guess is there'll be some new OC monster created from Ghidorah's DNA or something.

Indeed.

Now, how do we write up the Mothra stand-alone, gentlemen? Give me your plots and your castings.

Attached: 5F180A3C-5BB4-4B90-BB87-FB6EB01DE76E.jpg (1200x627, 167K)

That it's not a flop

That’s another possibility. I thought about that for a bit and honestly they could do just that, or Mecha-Ghidora

Well lit fights in daylight. I want to see the monsters fight.

>What are your hopes for this one?
The chinese twins sing to bring Mothra back.

Also with Dougherty saying that there won't be any bullshit and they'll specify a true winner, I wonder how they'll insert "Goji and Kong fight bigger badguy" into the mix.
They fight Mecha-Ghidorah and then go instantly back to fighting each other? I dunno, could be weird.

At least we know the big G is winning this

Attached: 1560993973443.jpg (2048x1150, 555K)

They fight because Kong don't care about kings an shit, Godzilla wins. Godzilla has to commit sudoku to defeat the big bad and Kong recognizes him as the King, and get title himself.

Bruh. A Kong-led Monsterverse would pretty much kill the franchise on arrival. They need the star power of the Toho Kaiju to keep going, and right now, they need it more than ever.

Considering the story seems to be taking place on Skull Island, daytime fights are very likely now. Part of the problem with fights in cities is how many artificial light sources there are, as well as light reflections, so it's easier to show the fights at night and with storms. That's why we only see daytime Godzilla at the end of G14 and KOTM when the city's been leveled and the only light source is the sun.

Suggestion: Godzilla wins one fight early on, Kong wins a fight later, and then they team up for a fight against some bigger threat and become bros.

Opening scene
Kong is on Skull Island looking out to the sea.
he rushes down to the beach when he feels something.
Godzilla comes out of the water
they start going at each other. it ends the same way it did the first time. Kong knocks Godzilla off a cliff side.
>Title card
>few months later
godzilla has been on a rampage destroying cites. the world governments have tried everything. the other monster wont fight him. even when he attacked and killed Behemoth. they capture kong and take him to new york as a last line of defense.
Godzilla shows up and starts wrecking shit in NY. Jean Reno makes a cameo. Kong in unleashed from his captivity. attacks Godzilla again. Kong is gettin his ass beat. trying to avoid Godzilla he runs up a building knocking it over on to Godzilla. That is when the camera pans close to the rubble, and you notice a bit of trouble. the skin of Godzilla has ripped in some spots. exposing metal innards. he gets out of the pile as he does more "skin" falls off showing a robotic form. Mecha Godzilla with ORCA in it to keep the other monsters at bay. The fight resumes. Kong breaks the transmitters for ORCA during the fight. As Mecha G gets ready to land a killing blow than. the theme starts to build. out from the sea comes a bright RED blast. throwing Mecha G back. the real Godzilla joins the battle.

>Godzilla wins one fight early on, Kong wins a fight later, and then they team up for a fight against some bigger threat and become bros.
This is how I think they'll do it, but this is still a tie. We'd need a third match to decide the true winner.

What if Kong gets mindcontrolled and supercharged by the real bad guy and Godzilla has to beat him to bring him back? THEN they fight [big monster] and become bros. That way we can have the moment where they fist-bump but still establish that Goji's the one true king

Every other Godzilla movie has shown Godzilla in the day time in cities.

user, Kong's movie performed better. So how do you figure?

Yeah, because it's a costume on a physical set that can reflect light and shadow naturally. That's a leg up that practical effects have over CGI, because if there's one missing reflection or light source on a CGI model, the suspension of disbelief falls apart.

Using Cgi?
Doubtful.

Godzilla just got crowned King. No way Kong doesn't steal it for proper King Kong title.

Godzilla wins 2 out of 3 rounds.
Kong killing a Kaiju or 2.
No Mechagodzilla.
At least one daylight fight.

Eh, Kong is more well known in the West? There's some other factors but it basically boils down to that. And while you're right, Kong cannot sustain a franchise on his own.
A one-off Kong flick every 10 or so years is different from a cinematic universe.

Hopefully he can carry the load for GvK and help it get above 600 million, but like Hulk I don't think he's getting another solo flick.
I just know that Legendary needs a plan to modernize Giant Monster films or something.

Definitely agree. I didn't care for kong until skull island. I hope the draw of VS between two iconic monsters is enough to make the movie successful enough for one more movie each but I wouldn't be mad if gvk was the end.

Modernize? I mean, making them cgi and more animal like is pretty modern. Not sure what else they can do to make it appeal to normies. It's a pretty niche genre. Maybe start hiring meme actors like the rock, but rampage already did that..

Attached: king-kong-vs-godzilla.jpg (615x380, 76K)

Mothra vs her edgy brother, Batera

It's a shame we only ever saw Battra once, he's definitely an interesting idea I wish even Toho explored more.

Attached: HDSihPV.jpg (1830x346, 657K)

>Hey man, mind if me and a few friends crash at your place? Some fucking human nuked my place while I was taking a nap.

Attached: 1556163215427.jpg (640x363, 70K)

There is no way I can honestly see Kong hanging with Zilla in a fight. They are going to have to nerf the fuck out of Godzilla. King of the Monster made him appear damn near impossible to beat.

>get hits by Ghidora lighting
>dropped several thousand feet to the ground
>hit by Oxygen destroyer
>Shrugged it all off
>a giant monkey with no powers is somehow suppose to be a threat

I don't see it.

>but I wouldn't be mad if gvk was the end.
Same desu. It would finish as a nice little tetralogy that managed to do big-budget monster movies well.
And it'd also be the only other cinematic universe whose first phase didn't end in total disaster?

But let's say GvK does Iron Man numbers, where does the franchise go next?
I dunno if the other monsters can sustain solo films, so will it be just 1 Godzilla movie every couple of years (featuring Mothra, Rodan, Kong and others)?

Personally? They should bring in Planet X and do an alien invasion movie but with giant monsters fighting spaceships and shit instead of just "they brainwash the kaijus"

We all know who the real antagonist of GvK will be.

Attached: mayura.png (400x275, 4K)

>Godzilla: KING of the monsters
>Kong still isn't called KING Kong

Any doubts about who will win?

Just got done watching KOTM....holy shit Kong had better fights than this. Don't get me wrong I did enjoyed the movie but Skull Island did the fighting scenes a lot better, barely any human pov shots. Even had them during daylight.

Also I doubt Kong will win against Big G but I hope he puts up a good fight.

Attached: 1556163608801.webm (1280x544, 2.93M)

But he monk--
Superior brain power. It's how Neanderthals conquered the dinosaurs. Godzilla can at least get KO'd for a couple years so there's that.

According to the leaks we get mechagodzilla in gmk and next would be a destroy all monsters movie. I doubt they would stray from that path drastically. I wish PR uprising didn't kill that franchise because it's honestly not a bad crossover. Even if Jaegers would get fucked.

Unless pic related miraculously happens it'll take Kong 3 movies to earn his title.

Attached: 1527557422304.png (600x540, 341K)

Why did they make Godzilla black? Fucking liberals

The brand name is toxic now so my hope is that they cancel it and don't do anything with it for 20 years when it's time for the next wave of reboots

By a bomb that blows up the air itself. How the hell is Kong suppose to hurt him?!

the government/some organization is gonna arm Kong with weapons, screencap this.

After seeing Fire Godzilla I fully expect electric kong so he at least has a surprise up his sleeve.

Attached: 1559967936017.gif (500x214, 960K)

>intelligence
This.
If you bothered watching the original GvK you would know they juiced up Kong by giving him electric powers which most likely is going to happen again in 2020.

*AHEM*

SKREEEEOOONK

Attached: AHEM.jpg (566x595, 58K)

Attached: monkygun.png (540x234, 138K)

Ghidora had electric powers, it didn't help him much.

The real question here is will Rodan job again in GvK?

Attached: 1545157829139.jpg (2764x4096, 905K)

tbf without mothra both godzilla and ghidorah would be dead.

accidental tag

Attached: 1561139006087.jpg (1024x881, 85K)

Do you really think he'll show up again? After Legendary slashes the budget they'll barely have enough money to animate just Kong and Godzilla

>be Godzilla
>get rekt
>get help from humans 3 times
>Mothra sacrifices herself to save your ass

Hopefully Kong gets a few good hits on that fat lizard.

Attached: 1557782875663.jpg (594x1024, 139K)

>budgets matter
lmao look at this brainlet. if they need more money they can just ask their dad

Well, it's already filmed at this point. Maybe they'll just bite the bullet and do the CG instead of re-cutting and maybe re-shooting the film

translate, please

At this point, I'd say the cgi is less important to them. If anything gets reshoots it's the shitty hooman parts.

Attached: inferior.jpg (480x480, 19K)

>Jean reno cameo
Would watch

I just hope it doesn't suck. Letting myself get excited for KOTM was so embarrassing. I'd rather see Toho tackle Godzilla again. Hollywood clearly can't and the monsterverse just doesn't appeal to enough people.

Dilate please

Are we fucked bros?

Attached: 64645899_2380909622233561_412648607984910336_n.jpg (650x484, 25K)

We're fucked.

Attached: 1560087275494.jpg (720x551, 82K)

Lol this probably means they will add even more quips and poorly integrated comic relief characters to ruin the mood and disrupt the flow of scenes.

>get rekt
Godzilla got the better of Ghidora in Antarctica and the fight underwater. Even the third fight was a toss up. Once he went nuclear, Ghidora had no chance against him.

>humans helped
What did they do in Antarctica?
Also the underwater battle the humans are the ones that helped Ghidora, because the oxygen destroyer nearly killed Godzilla.
They also had no impact on the battle in Boston near the end of the movie.

Reshoots are rarely a good thing.

You're Next, The Guest, and the first 2 VHS movies are kino tho

They need to cut and/or streamline all the human shit. King of the Monsters was great but the human plot was messy and the family drama was drawn out. Human plot should have just been “bad man unleashes Monsters, and Monarch responds” while the focus is on monsters fighting. You also get a better paced movie this way.

Mossura YA! Mossura

Attached: 1559333756041.jpg (2764x4096, 700K)

>Rebirth II
Oh that reminds me, I'm trying to crack the secret of getting Moll & Lora on the Mothra Tama. No one's figured it out for 22 years. Wish me luck.

Attached: Mothra_whiteblue.jpg (442x442, 175K)