Will WWE ever be popular again? Or have people finally realized how stupid this shit is?

Will WWE ever be popular again? Or have people finally realized how stupid this shit is?

Attached: 58296314-668F-44E6-B495-35D06A7DC456.jpg (600x486, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n4vttMxjquE
youtu.be/505E8TzU7m8
youtu.be/he_PBX47zTo
youtu.be/xg0uEVzknxE
youtube.com/watch?v=Yvd3aEsThbc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Golden age was 1999-2001, can't be replicated. That said it's always been white trash shit entertainment, just moreso now

AEW is getting traction. We're in the "Doink the Clown" era right now. Soon, AEW will start getting better ratings, and maybe in two or three years, we'll get another Attitude Era boom.

But people have largely left it behind. In the 90s, basically everyone watched wrestling. Now, hardly anyone does, and you'd never admit it publicly.

Wtf is Aew? A rival promotion that actually has a tv deal?

AEW premieres this fall on TNT

Attached: Kylie Rae's #AEWDoN post match comments All Elite Wrestling aew youtube account.webm (2048x1152, 2.68M)

>that nose
eww

Yeah.

WWF was complacent, put out shit product for years, and people lost interest. Along comes a billionaire, puts a budget behind a new promotion, puts it on TV, and it kicks Vince's ass for a while, until Vince is finally forced to stop pushing stupid shit.

Today, WWE is complacent, putting out the same shit product for years, and people have lost interest. But along has come a billionaire, putting a budget and a tv deal behind a new promotion.

Hopefully we'll have the new Stone Cold and Rock by 2021ish.

>Grown men rubbing into each other while pretending to fight
How was this ever popular to begin with?

We've been in Doink the Clown era since 07-08.

The problem is WWE is still constrained by being a publicly traded company now. Even if they wanted to they couldn't do a lot of the stuff they did in the Attitude era.

Make the fucking switch.

Attached: a3hev9vh0d311.png (1500x1500, 271K)

There are two classes of WWE stock, one that gets a vote, and one that doesn't. The voting stock is 100% family owned, in perpetuity. Non-McMahon shareholders are just along for the ride, they can't really influence anything.

The push for the PG era has been to get better advertisers and toy deals, but if Khan is able to match that on a PG-13 product, it'll eventually wake someone up over there.

>WWE
>stupid
fuck off

Attached: 1556159932674.jpg (575x735, 283K)

Triple H dressed up as Kane and raped a mannequin in a coffin while WWE was a publicly traded company. A lot of the early Ruthless Aggression stuff was raunchier than stuff from the Attitude Era but it didn't draw people back in.

WWF Attitude Era is the greatest kino to ever kino. I really hope this new AEW competition ratchets things up because WWF/WWE has fucking sucked for a long time. I don't think it will ever reach Attitude Era heights again but maybe we can get something interesting going.

It's literally Plebbit: The Promotion. They have a literal tranny fighting in their "women's" division.

No. AEW will unironically overtake it. WWE is trying to copy them now.

>They have a literal tranny fighting in their "women's" division.
The NERVE!

Attached: wwf.jpg (650x1000, 98K)

not until they get a WCW again. someone to come in and kick them in their ass.

Chyna was an actual woman and was most famous for fighting men. Dilate.

No, she wasn't. I've seen her sex tape, she had a dick.

it will be kino

Attached: the future is black.jpg (2299x1041, 433K)

No after what happened in the summer of '92

Is that when Macho fucked Stephanie?

Attached: NASH KWAB.webm (1920x1080, 2.56M)

That's a steroid enlarged clit.

WWE died when the Money in the Bank and Elimination Chamber got it's dedicated PPV.

whatever you say, tranny

Attached: 1559942291076.png (489x404, 463K)

Based

wrestling in itself is boring as fuck. they need to come up with good storylines and have good writers for people to watch it again. the most popular era of wrestling is the attitude era and that era was never known for the wresting, it was known for its over the top storylines

I agree but people online want their midget flippy shit

>/our guy/ actually made it
Our time will come soon bros. We're all gonna make it.
Do any normalfags know who he is from HWNDI?

What's weird is that the Attitude Era was written by a group of wrestling guys like Vince Russo, Ed Ferrera, Pat Patterson, Gerald Brisco, Jim Cornette and ultimately approved by Vince. They have a team of professional soap opera and comedy writers today and the entertainment side of the product has never been worse.

Attached: 1560999008359.jpg (750x1334, 248K)

I've been been done with wrestling for years, I'll give AEW a shot for nostalgia sake but I have no expectations for it anymore.

>26 years old

how?

>wrestling guys
>Vince Russo
>Ed Ferrera
kek

>$12.99 for cereal

Ferrera was an actual wrestler on the indies before WWF. I don't give a shit what anyone thinks, his run as Oklahoma in WCW was hilarious. Former Cruiserweight Champion!

bro

any faggot could be an indy wrestler, is that supposed to mean something?

Ehhh i agree about AEW and the 2021 part, but only if they give Trips full control. Hunter is the only one who gives a shit (partially Shane) and wants solid content, hence why NXT has not ever had a bad/mediocre ppv on the level of WWE as they do every so often within the year. But according to Vince, its real good shit

Kevin nash was raped.
youtube.com/watch?v=n4vttMxjquE

The problem isn't that it needs to be edgier it just needs better storylines and making actual stars out of the wrestlers. It has been put out there that Vince has the say all when it come to creative and has lost his touch with what people actually want. They just keep making mistakes that are slowly killing their fanbase.

>Brock being a champion but only doing like 4 matches a year
>Feuds that get neither person over
>Heavily scripted promos
>PPVs that as unnecessary
>Having less than an hour of wrestling during your 3 hour wrestling show
>Bloated roster because they want to prevent other companies from using people
>PPVs easily being close to or over 5 hours long
>Anywhere from 6-12 hours of WWE programming available each week
>Too many useless championships
>Punishing people who get over by themselves

Its starting to feel like watching the Titanic sink. Like how at first no one took it seriously and did not think there was a problem. Then eventually it starts to creep in that there is a huge problem and its too late to do anything about it.

our fucking guy

Well, is made with 100% positivity*.

That's clearly a thin steven seagal

i was so happy for him when i saw him debut

based jihadi jesus

Needs steroids and speed pills.

Who is this guy?

AEW is hiring trannys and shit

A tranny beats a woman for the woman's title. They run a feud where the woman complains that the tranny cheated, and shows close ups of her bulge every night on Nitro.

If you don't think that's fucking money, get back to your cash register at wal-mart.

Attached: maxresdefault2.jpg (1920x1080, 96K)

Thw golden age of wrestling was during the scorching summer of 1992...

It was an era where reality was blurred and skewed - things were let loose because of the onslaught of the montreal screwjob. Vince just did the smart thing and capitalise on the eyeballs on the product; that’s Vince’s ace up the sleeve - spectacle. Same can’t be said these days due to reliance on scripts, social media and what not. You just can’t translate what was hot 20 years ago and let it run on nostalgia gas for this product. Its hard to reimagine it.

Attached: 1D6D0584-C808-408B-A785-1DDB7BF22BAE.jpg (257x196, 7K)

For me, its Val Venis.

Attached: front.jpg (756x1054, 58K)

didn't he feud with Goldust because he fucked his gf?

26 year old Kylie Rae

Attached: aew pre show alicia atout Kylie Rae book shh (1).webm (1920x1080, 3M)

The writers they hire come from outside the wrestling industry, whereas everyone in the group you mentioned were involved in the industry for at least a few years before becoming writers.

what the fuck even is her schtick? is she supposed to be taking the childlike bs Bayley has but further? she acts like a fucking retard

For me it's MISSSTEEERRRRRRRRRRR
KEEEEEENNNNNNNNNEEEEEDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Attached: Kennedy.jpg (500x399, 23K)

She's like a parody of what WWE has turned a bunch of their wrestlers to."She's just happy to be there!" "She's just there to have fun!" And the classic "she grew up watching wrestling and now she's competing in the ring!"

Thoughts?

Attached: 1992.jpg (640x685, 34K)

THE FUCKER ONLY HAS LIKE 6 OR 7 MOVES

Attached: jimcornette.jpg (642x361, 22K)

What's the difference between Miss America and Miss USA pageants? The age brackets or something?

>Ruins WCW because of politics
>Ruins the prestige of the WWF title as Diesel
>Killed the concept of Kayfabe with the curtain call incident

Yes. Can you blame her though?

Attached: sable-wwf.webm (1920x1080, 1.77M)

>She acts like a fucking retard
Yep

Attached: Kylie Rae makes her entrance at AEWDoN aew.webm (1920x1080, 2.99M)

aew is a joke. its no different than wwe at all.

Lucha Underground was the true next step in wrestling

Attached: WWE Wrestlemania pinball flyer.jpg (1200x1543, 1.02M)

was it autism?

sable was a goddess holy shit.

Trish might be a close second.

Alex Bliss is up there too and don't forget Stacy Kiebs...

Sorry user but it seems you've been forgetting about some *Sunny* days

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 14K)

AEW is the SJW version of the Attitude Era.

1995 - 1999 WCW > WWF
NWO 4 LIFE

Attached: 1908750964.gif (500x350, 1009K)

>We'll never get women degrading themselves for our enjoyment on wrestling television ever again

Sucks bros.

>Lucha Underground
Where the fuck can I find some high quality torrents or streams? Help a pin head out anons

Please pinball poster have some dignity. That game sucks and Trudeau is a pedo.

I still have my Monday Night Jericho shirt.

The pendulum swings the other way. Today's puritans will give us full frontal penetration in movies in about ten to fifteen years.

Summer of 92'

>This is unacceptable for the PG era

youtu.be/505E8TzU7m8

Attached: 1559961792657.jpg (510x546, 104K)

tfw been watching comfy njpw streams since 2011

Attached: tranquilo nigga.gif (320x172, 1.27M)

based and cute

No clue, not even XWT has the early seasons in anything better than 480p.

I think the first 2 seasons are on netflix

Vince is letting SJW's drive content now. The main even to the last Mania was a three way women's title match. It was the worst wrestlemania that I ever saw live. The whole crowd was dead.

This so much fucking this

Its become a bubblegum factory at this point. Vince keep trying to push Roman Reigns down our throats. Becky Lynch is ok but im getting tired of the "I the man" shit. Not for nothing bit the mens division suck compared to the womens.

based

Attached: e3b5b06df6dda1959d7d3877bd20ede08ad4e6aa_hq.jpg (709x1024, 80K)

we still get some kino moments

Attached: 1538225602167.webm (720x588, 2.76M)

>The main even to the last Mania was a three way women's title match
this isnt real is it?

do you guys remmber the wrestler who came out with actual hookers to the ring?

Can television and movies even compete?

Attached: wrestling kino.gif (200x150, 3.33M)

There's been a few. Godfather in WWE, Yoshi-Hashi in NJPW

BRING BACK THE J U I C E
youtu.be/he_PBX47zTo

based steiner math

>Yoshi-Hashi

Tacos wishes. It's Yujiro Takahashi, aka Tokyo Pimp

This shit is so kino. Shibata's story as a whole is.

>Tanahashi, the golden boy, the champ, the man of the hour every hour, ascended in the spotlight
>Shibata, the betrayer, the loser, the wrestler, left in the dark

>Tana carries the company on his back for years, returns the golden age to NJPW alongside Nakamura and Okada
>Shibata slowly works his ass off to regain the favour and love of the fans and the respect of the boys in the back

>after YEARS of fighting tooth and nail to regain the respect and adoration he once had, he engages in one final bout to seal the deal
>he damn near kills himself during the match and is forced to retire after an all-time classic

Attached: rip shibby.gif (220x160, 857K)

>tfw his face after the headbutt that ended his career

Attached: Katsuyori Shibata.jpg (960x540, 34K)

Someone post point chad.

Attached: 1500338517391.gif (210x158, 2.17M)

how can I watch some old ass ppv events

WWE Network has everything WWE/WWF, ECW, WCW and whatever else they bought for their archive (old territories stuff), for other stuff you might need a private torrent tracker, XWT is the primary and biggest one.

thanks for the tip

Unfortunately, it was real and it was garbage to cape off a shitty Mania

Attached: image_search_1561268509830.jpg (800x1170, 167K)

well not everything they edit some old wwf clips

I came back to check out on WWE recently and was surprised to find that they're trying to push women's wrestling as something legit, not the toilet break it used to be. Problem is the vast majority can't fucking wrestle, only the female japs can.

I don't think there's cereal inside, just a shirt.
This nigga definitely on the DL

Ronda is an actual athlete and can wrestle but her "acting" is fucking lame. She was kino as fuck in UFC though whether winning or losing, but after she lost to Holly and Nunes I had to turn 360 degrees and walk right out of the theatre

You are delusional, they just ran a PPV in Saudi Arabia and that women's main event was the right time to do it having Rousey's star power and Becky Lynch being super over after her gimmick change, you could argue having Kofi/Bryan main eventing but if you know Vince, you know he would never put Bryan in the main event of a show Roman Reigns or Brock is in.
Have sex.

In the summer of '92
Kevin Nash was held at gunpoint and filled with goo

What really sucks for me, is that I have really enjoyed New Day ever since they took that shit gimmick and got it over. Some people might be sick of it but I still enjoy it, Becky was fun to watch too. However, at the WM that should had been really enjoyable, I barely remember it. It was just too long and hard to get through. Its nice to see Kofi get a run with the title and the build up was nice but it felt like there should had been more.

I have barely watched since WM. I watched the Saudi show because I knew the shit show of it would be fun to watch.

>no fun allowed in wrastlin

Attached: wwbz.jpg (720x405, 90K)

They are definitely in a transitional phase when it comes to the women. The whole "revolution" was rushed and its obvious that many of the women got a crash course in how to wrestle before getting called up to the main roster. But they needed bodies to fill out the roster

Yes WWE Can be massively popular again.

All it needs is the right girl on top, and instead of trying to appeal to the left which will always fail, swing hard to the right. Half of USA is conservative and limited scope to pander to them. WWE can easily fill that space. 1st step is being on FOX TV. Then have all white pretty girls as champions, all blacks & foreigners are evil heels. Only way to survive because AEW is full SJW and WWE will be thrashed if they go after the left demographic.

ALEXA, CHARLOTTE, TONI STORM and XIA Should be top faces
SASHA BANKS, ASUKA , BASZLER Top heels.

Also pander hard to Trump voters & alt-right. Ratings will rise.

If WWE Is stupid, they will swing left and lose to AEW which is very very progressive.

Attached: BLI_2109440565821109_1842726578295263598_n.jpg (1080x1349, 195K)

youtu.be/xg0uEVzknxE

Imagine being a Pro-Wrestling fag.

Don't watch WWE.

Attached: 1560203922066.jpg (1200x1200, 146K)

While that type of individual is definitely prominent in wrestling, that guy is pure satire and parody, user.

Should've just posted this fat crybaby instead: youtube.com/watch?v=Yvd3aEsThbc

What?

Attached: 1493601844379.jpg (600x525, 92K)

What's wrong with his pecs?

Did Big E. steal them?

>boomers

niggers

helloooooooooooooooooo ladiesssssss

>Charlotte
>pretty

Man, fuck Divas. Chyna and Sable could take on fucking men and win. It's a fucking crime that Sable hasn't been inducted into the Hall of Fame yet.

No. WWE censors a ton of stuff from their streaming service. For example, they deleted bra and panties matches, and removed Stephanie McMahon's bra and panties match entirely. Just straight up removed it. Just gone.

Don't listen to that suggestion. The best uncensored stuff is found online (not through WWE)

That's odd that they'd remove stuff like that but actually allow Benoit matches and gorefests like Guerrero/JBL from 2004

>Golden age was 1999-2001

Attached: 1561097611302.jpg (758x869, 117K)

That's not 1995 to 2001

These are literally the same complains smarks had 10 years ago when I stopped paying attention. Why do you think anything's gonna change?

Stephanie McMahon is a mother now and I think she doesn't want her children to accidently see her videos from the attitude era. So she probably ordered them to be secretly removed from the archive.

That's very hypocritical.

BUMMER!

Glad that someone else sees how wrestling could actually do something culturally relevant again. That whole angle would be edgy, and not in the cringe way people around here use the word.

you manbabies have a whole fucking board to talk about your white trash play fighting garbage

WWE has a multiple TV shows so it counts as Yea Forums. Go cry moar.

Any good kinos made in 1992?

>black man dominating sport
Why is this unrealistic? Or is it more realistic for a rigged sport to have a white man dominate instead?