Although Toy Story 4 is projected to have the best opening in the franchise...

>Although Toy Story 4 is projected to have the best opening in the franchise, a re-release of Studio Ghibli's 2001 film Spirited Away will beat the new movie in China.

>According to The Hollywood Reporter, Spirited Away has already earned $4.7 million at the box office in the country as compared to Toy Story 4's $1.5 million. That outlet projects Toy Story 4 is unlikely to overcome Spirited Away at the box office. Both totals are expected to climb significantly.

cbr.com/spirited-away-destroying-toy-story-4-china/

Attached: F65E0296-57AB-4CCB-94CE-7EFAD8BEB358.jpg (750x572, 384K)

miyazaki is a hack

Good, the better movie earned more in China. At least Miyazaki has the integrity not to sequel bait

za age of uitto piggu is ovah

Based.
Nausicaä of the valley of the wind is my favorite animated movie.
Is the rest of Miyasaki better?
I mean, how could he ever top that masterpiece?

Nice
Once you go woke,you go broke
That's fairly deserved

memehackzaki

2D > 3DPD

Princess Mononoke is basically a better version of Nausicaa

China has zero nostalgia for Toy Story.

>Nausicaä of the valley of the wind is my favorite animated movie.

Have you read the comic? It's WAY expanded and basically an epic. Like the real word not the "lol so epic".

BASED DOG EATERS!

Attached: 641C46D2-D2A4-4AE6-BC16-3FD6F9835A02.png (512x384, 260K)

Better than fucking disney at least.

I think princess mononoke and spirited away are better. Pretty much peak ghibli.

Just stay away from the latest ghibli films and the one made by his son, that was awful..

Toy story is hackney emotional dripple

>we are now discussing bug box office to try and pwn Disney
They probably can't even see movies with them little eyes

Ghibli stinks. Almost every movie is exactly the same
>OH MY GOD THE ENVIRONMENT IS IN DANGER! OH MY

China only had 200 theater screens when Spirited Away came out and now they have 70,000.

Racist, we prefer the term k98rs

That was only like two films, PM and poyno

For me it's Sekiro.

The best From Software game.

GAIJIN SETTHING

>Work in factory all day tracing eyebrows on Woody dolls in lead paint for white devils
>Expected to go see movie about lovable animated products on day off

Just don't read it on the shitty online scans

>3d animation was a mistake
t. disney

>caring about soulless corporations

>4.7 million in ticket sales in china
that means 470 million people have seen it there, about 1/3 of the population.
Meanwhile, the cost of these films is carried by the idiotic americans who pay $57 for a ticket and popcorn.

Good.

What the fuck are you talking about you maniac??

I agree with this goy!
Let us save our shekels and go see Toy Story 4 instead! Then we should Buy Star Wars The Last Jedi on Blu-Ray and DVD!! Oy Vey, I love Disney!

Toy Story 4 is just a worse version of the first Toy Story.
>Woody has to go and get his child’s new favorite toy (who is facing an idenity crisis) and bring them home
Only with a forced “feels” ending to manipulate dumb so’y critics and sheeple Normies.
/thread

I thought China ate everything Disney up?

I honestly didn't even know toy story 4 was even out

They hate Star Wars, user.

Based chinamen BTFO'ing hollywood retarded, hackeneyed, formulaic trash

The first 3 Toy Storys never got into their theaters before, which OP and a lot of others here choose to ignore.

I don't understand chinamen. They buy 7 trillion Transformers 47 tickets, but then do based things like this.

Neither did Ghibli, why are they freaking out over that?

why spend all that money to make a point?

well if your'e going to get beat by any film, it's noce to know that it's an actual good film.

Also Toy Story 3 seems like a cash grab. The series ended with 3. no real reason to keep it going. We'll see how well it does in the U.S.

Toy Story was always pop culture shlock for Funko-Pop! collecting manchildren.
The very same ilk of subhumans who watch Star Wars and Marvel capeshit. It was NEVER good to begin with.

Meanwhile Spirited Away is a masterpiece and true art.

the "It was NEVER good" meme

toy story came out when i was a child. its a children's movie.

You can ask 10 cocksuckers what their favourite Miyazaki is and each one will tell you a different one.
>Just stay away from the latest ghibli films and the one made by his son, that was awful..
Neck yourself.
I put Princess Kaguya even above Nausicaä, Mononoke, Spirited Away, Kiki, Porco Rosso and Laputa.
Also Goro improved tremendously with From Up On Poppy Hill and finally flipped a bird to his old man and his demented, disjonited shitshow that was The Wind Rising.
Finally, Takahata took a last big shit on Miyazaki and left the world one last masterpiece and the profoundest of all Ghibli films, while the old hack Miyazaki is rambling away about ebil white racists.

Attached: kaguya-main.jpg (825x464, 226K)

seriously this guy is a fucking retard

Are you fucking stupid? Spirited Away is a standalone film.. unlike toy story which is the FOURTH in a series.

I don’t understand why the “best picture” at the Oscars is some low-budget movie nobody saw, but “best animated film” is always a commercial Disney movie.

lmao
Fuck Disney. Based Miyazaki.

Not surprising because I just watched Toy Story 4 and it was absolute dog shit. Even the Halloween short film with Jessie as the lead was better than it.

Chinks rather see a movie made by japs, how times have changed.

Pretty much this.
And this.

>WHITO PIGGU GO HOME!
>WHITO PIGGU GO HOME!
>WHITO PIGGU GO HOME!
>WHITO PIGGU GO HOME!

Attached: a15e0947ebc264a6fdc7ab618813655aba7061f10d779c03b348ea567ea61eee.jpg (500x334, 42K)

Princess Mononoke is great. I personally love Castle in the Sky and Kiki's Delivery Service. I wasn't a fan of Howl's Moving Castle or Ponyo. I thought Spirited Away was a little boring since I fell asleep 1/4th through the movie. I constantly hear it is great so I will at least give it another try.

>You can ask 10 cocksuckers what their favourite Miyazaki is and each one will tell you a different one.
True. Mine is Porco Rosso.