You buy furniture. You tell yourself, this is the last sofa I will ever need in my life. Buy the sofa...

>You buy furniture. You tell yourself, this is the last sofa I will ever need in my life. Buy the sofa, then for a couple years you're satisfied that no matter what goes wrong, at least you've got your sofa issue handled. Then the right set of dishes. Then the perfect bed. The drapes. The rug. Then you're trapped in your lovely nest, and the things you used to own, now they own you

Attached: Tyler-durden-1-640x379.jpg (640x379, 35K)

I cringe at hollywood putting shit like this out while wearing 100,000$ suits to the oscars and gossiping about Depp's new 20,000$ hat.

(((they))) get off on the irony

>You buy furniture. You tell yourself, this is the last sofa I will ever need in my life
No I dont. Couches dont last that long especially when you don't live on your own. Fuck off Tyler

I owned this movie on DVD, but it ended up owning me

>dude look at me I'm pointing out the irony of a work produced by a commercial industry for profit criticizes materialism
Have sex.

Kek

Attached: 719F19CD-B27A-4B7E-BE24-C4B412167288.gif (650x400, 3.79M)

>Against materialism / consumerism etc
>Casts Brad Pitt

The very movie itself was against the values it was trying to preach.

It is an unfortunate means to an end's. I hate hollywood but I would never know half the evil things jew's have done unless they made their propaganda in the form of movies.

People don't get attached to my furniture or cookware. Almost all of it is "good enough". It's more likely that someone latches on to a rare, hard-to-find thing and ferrying it around with them their whole life becomes a burden.
Durden didn't understand that finding taste is way more important than fighting consumerism.

How does having a couch that you like mean that the couch owns you?

That's a $500 versace shirt pitt is wearing in this scene.

based

At least men can settle on a sofa. If you got a wife, she is gonna wanna replace the sofa and other furniture every couple years. Why else you see perfectly fine furniture and appliances out on the curb? The wife wants to replace it with something new despite everything being perfectly fine as is. I fucking hate seeing things wasted

>It's another "Yea Forums doesn't know Fight Club is satire" episode

Attached: 42082420489302403242.jpg (854x1208, 158K)

man, teenage me fucking loved this film

Women drive the economy that way tho. Imagine all men live minimalistic and fugal like.

>dude sleep and eat off the floor

I know he doesn't exist, but I wonder how much that jacket cost. Seems to be a bit hypocritical talking about materialism when he's wearing expensive clothes and cool hairstyles.

a man can dream

Attached: 1556296910773.jpg (418x640, 78K)

After years of living like an animal and not giving a shit about the place I live in, how I eat, and how I dress, I can safely say this quote is wrong. You actually are your house.

fucking retards i swear.

the character of tyler is supposed to be completely paradoxical. he's a man preaching against self improvement and consumerism while being tanned, in shape, and wearing expensive clothes (some pieces were designer while others were thrifted) among other things. it adds to the whole "hypocritical cult of personality" angle of tyler

they do if you're not poor and can afford at least halfway decent furniture

Who's that?

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY
FIGHT CLUBS RISE UP

>tfw when your angsty teenage years are over and you just want a comfy house with nice thing inside it

>being too retarded to understand Fight Club

woah wtf, BASED

>mfw my place looks like the set of some shitty bachelor detective
I need to get my shit together and get things on the wall, a TV, dinner table ect.

this

Attached: society griffin.png (626x767, 237K)

Just live in a run down shack bro.

never post that thing again

The autismos of Yea Forums wouldn't understand that the movie is not trying redpill you and that Tyler is not the good guy

Cringe. My point just went way over your heads. The conceit of the movie is obvious. The point still stands. It's very much part of what it is mocking. It's (((very convenient))) conceit doesn't make my point any less valid.

get off my board, communist

It doesn't matter. Hypocrisy and irony aside, the movie got the message across regardless, so fuck it.

I just saw this movie and liked it quite a lot. I love how wholesome the members of Project Mayhem are, working around the house like Kebbler Elves, causing mischief and fighting eachother. It was like a modern fairytale.

Attached: 1386156365937.jpg (848x848, 802K)

>dude da joos lmao

Attached: c62.jpg (546x700, 136K)

wait are you the guy who was talking abt $100,000 suits and shit? it's absolutely a part of what it's mocking and it embraces that. pitt is completely self aware which is what makes him and this movie cool.

don't take these things too seriously, just accept that people can be fortunate/lucky while also being self aware/havinv a sense of humor about it.

also remember to dilate

I'm not poor, I own several real estate properties. I can tell you that it doesnt matter how carefully you select tenants, there is always wear and tear on furniture and couches are one of the biggest victims. And if you have kids? Forget about it that couch is doomed to a 5-10 year life expectancy at best. I'm not talking about "lasting" in the sense that the couch will be totally destroyed but most people would prefer to not have a few rips and tears here and there

I feel like the movie didn't age as well as it should've

Attached: Tyler Durden.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

>J-Jews don't own Hollywood, goy!"

Any of this look familliar?

Attached: 1558985669453.png (640x845, 740K)

Is it just me or isn't the young generation (people under the age of 40) more frugal than past generations?

Mostly because of the financial crisis of '08 and '09, but still. I mean, supposedly we have a "jobs boom" but all the jobs are part time with shitty pay. Add to that a huge number of college grads with more or less useless degrees applying for jobs that in the past were filled by secretaries/assistants/etc. who all have huge ass student loans.

I read somewhere that people younger than 40 might be the first generation in about a century that's going to be worse off financially than their parents.

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 4K)

suicide rates are the highest since the 1940's in the USA. the western world is being destroyed and we all know it.

retardo