Rank them

Attached: 32907509230.jpg (3988x3988, 852K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AMD2TwRvuoU
youtube.com/watch?v=QfubcZaU1is
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Dark Knight Rises >>>>>>>>> everything else

B&R.

Batman Begins>Dark Knight>Dark Knight Rises>>>>>>>>>everything else

84 > Begins > BvS > 66 > TDK > Returns > TDKR > Forever > & Robin

Batman & Robin >>>>>>>> everything else

Attached: 1560188464639.jpg (1473x1061, 280K)

6>7>2>shit

Dark Knight > Batman Returns > Batman 1989 > Batman Begins > Batman Forever > The 60s movie > Batman and Robin > The Dark Knight Rises > Batman v Superman

Attached: BA3B3D1B-87DD-42B6-82F2-8D1C682E3B8F.jpg (214x250, 5K)

Batman (1989) > Batman Returns (1992) > Batman Forever (1995) > the rest.

Attached: batman returns megadrive3.jpg (1068x679, 225K)

The bats dead. Bury it.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, good, good, shit, shit.

top to bottom from best to worst
>batman and robin
>the dark knight
>batman(1989)
>batman v superman
>batman forever
>the dark knight rises
>adam west batman
>batman returns
>batman begins

Based and Banepilled

For you

U U
U U

If you switch ‘89 and B&R they get progressively better with each iteration

1 EXTREMELY
2 PAINFUL
3 YOU
4 ARE
5 A
6 BIG
7 GUY
8 FOR
9 YOU

For me it's
TDK > Batman '89 > Batman Returns > Batman V Superman > Batman Begins > TDKR >Batman Forever > Adam West Batman > Batman and Robin
TAS shits all over them tho.

Awful bait

What is this expression trying to convey?

None of those even come close...

Attached: 81b8UPDoFUL._RI_.jpg (2000x1500, 389K)

Are we going by the logo or the movie? Cause number 2 is the logo, and also the movie.
>total keaton fanboy
>and proud

..to the comics.
Agreed.

Attached: 2652362.jpg (600x917, 103K)

Great: none

Good: Batman Begins, The Dark Knight

Alright: Batman, Batman Returns

Shit: TDKR, Batman v Superman, Batman Forever

Parody tier: 66, Batman and Robin

Great tier:

TDK, 84 and Returns

Okay tier:

Begins, 66, TDKR

Shit tier:

Forver, B&R, BvS

bat man year one

Mask of the Phantasm >

>Great: none
Just wait for /ourguy/ to deliver kino user, you'll be eating your words.

Batman Begins > TDK > TDKR > Batman Forever > BvS > 89 > Batman&Robin > Batman Returns

>implying
but seriously the only comics I have are dark knight returns, year one, and the killing joke
what else is good?

Attached: one-is-the-loneliest-number.jpg (2880x1200, 322K)

Attached: batmans-3.jpg (3765x900, 624K)

Good taste

youtube.com/watch?v=AMD2TwRvuoU

Attached: 154870336133.jpg (354x286, 15K)

>we'll never get this kino ever again
youtube.com/watch?v=QfubcZaU1is

For my money, The Long Halloween, Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth, Gotham by Gaslight, Batman: Hush, Batman & Dracula: Red Rain, Batman Year 100 (get this for your nephew, he'll love it), Batman: Son of the Demon, and the ones you listed.
Also, JLA: Tower of Babel, even though it's not strictly Batman.

How will I be eating my words? If it's great, I add it, we are not reviewing yet to be released films.

thank you good sir

Attached: lego-bvs.jpg (2880x1200, 197K)

They're already ranked in the perfect order though

A non-issue.
I mean.. I hope, but I could be wrong. Would've really liked to see an Affleck cut desu.

Attached: over.jpg (736x1120, 136K)

Attached: bat symbols edit.jpg (3988x3988, 1.26M)

>1. Batman Returns
>2. Batman (66)
>3. The Dark Knight
>5. Batman Begins
>4. Batman (89)
>6. The Dark Knight Rises

POWER GAP

>7. Batman and Robin
>8. Batman Forever
>9. Batman v Superman

. Batman Returns
I would never have the balls to do that. Props to you.
>BvS being worse than B&R and Forever
Naa

1. Mask of the Phantasm
2. The Dark Knight
3. Batman Returns
4. The Dark Knight Returns
5. Batman Begins
6. Batman '89
7. Batman: Under the Red Hood
8. Batman Forever
9. Batman v Superman
9. The Lego Batman Movie
10. Batman & Robin
10. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
11. Batman '66
12. The Dark Knight Rises

The best "batman movie" is TDK followed very closely by Returns. Returns btw is a very VERY good film although it starts off too fast. In fact the first act of the movie seems a bit too random almost. The best overall movie that happens to also be a batman movie is Phantasm. I havent watched all the animated films but that one is just on another level.
Batman Forever is actually a really comfy movie in it's own right and probably Carry's best performance in his career, to the point where he steals the entire movie. As a Batflick it's just meh though.
TDKR is terrible. It represents the point where Nolan fell off a cliff he has never been able to climb back up. The entire thing is a mess. Yes it's worse than Batman & Robin. In fact. B&R, while not strictly speaking "good", is probably still the most misunderstood Batflick. It works very well as a throwback to the POW and BAM times of the Adam West series and it's actually a better movie for that era than the actual '66 film is ironically. Begins has a great first 2 acts but then falls off a cliff.

Nolan is bad at 3rd acts in general.
That's true for pretty much all his films.
But if we're just talking about Batman, then yeah, Begins is great until the 3rd act. TDK has the same problem but then it starts up a 4th act for like 10 minutes which is actually pretty good before the movie abruptly ends. And TDKR also has a shit 3rd act, the difference is the first 2 acts are also shit.

'Look at my distended anus'

>tfw Affleck was pretty much the only physically imposing live action Batman and now we’ll never see him again

Attached: 10555EDC-E302-43C0-918E-68692829C686.jpg (320x432, 39K)

Twilight will be the best batman

The Dark Knight
POWER GAP
Batman Returns
POWER GAP
The Dark Knight Rises
POWER GAP
Batman Begins
POWER GAP
Batman Vs Superman
POWER GAP
Batman ‘89
POWER GAP
Batman Forever
POWER GAP
Batman & Robin

The animated films and everything before 1989 don’t count, sorry.

I'll never understand why people hated him so much as batman. He was 10x better as batman than cavill was superman, gadot is wonder woman, and momoa is aquaman.

He was the best live action Batman AND Bruce Wayne by a significant distance and got absolutely SYNDER’D.

You are smoking some kinda crack to say TDKR is worse than fucking Batman & Robin. For all its flaws, and it has many, it is at least a film.

generated hate during a culture war of 2 companies.
If you looked into the election cycle, you'd be aware of bot accounts and people droning like npc's for the DNC,
Wouldn't surprise me if disney used the same tactics for the mcu.
you mean he got wheodonized in JL

>he got wheodonized in JL
yeah we went from this to muh guardians of the galaxy style quips

Batman v Superman Ultimate Cut
Batman Begins
Animated Series
The Dark Knight Rises
The Dark Knight
Batman 66
Batman Forever
Batman and Robin
Batman
Batman Returns

>Batman v Superman Ultimate Cut
is this just a meme or is there a difference?

BASED

Attached: big guy.jpg (1920x1080, 162K)

>he hasn't seen Zach's kino edition yet
Absolute plebeian.

It's edgier, some scenes are longer and there's deleted scenes that make the editing and pacing is even worse.

i just learned a few days ago that the Schumacher movies are supposed to be direct sequels to the Burton movies
It's weird because even as a kid I always thought they were their own thing, not part of the same universe
I don't remember them well but I don't even think the Schumacher movies reference the Burton movies at all?
Really didn't feel like sequels at the time

>Batman Mask of The Phantasm
I am the night tier
>Batman 66
POW BIFF POP tier
>Burton films
Gothy legend tier
>Nolan films
deconstructionist academic tier

huge power gap

>Snyder films
illiterate 14 year old edgelord trash tier
>Schumacher films
neon gay fantasy trash tier

Attached: d8aee97572dbb1d867c051aa9827bca7.jpg (1440x900, 501K)

Some days you just can't get rid of a BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMB

Even as a teenager who grew up of reruns of Adam West, I knew that was trash.

Attached: bane schumacher 73621827.jpg (492x600, 38K)

it literally fails at what it sets out to do

Only two other nods to Mask of the Phantasm? It's still the best Batman film I ever saw in cinemas.

Attached: batman mask of the phantasm Brucemask.jpg (250x140, 5K)

Oh and also when Batman Begins came out I thought it was supposed to be a prequel to Burton's Batman
I have a theory that they first made it as a prequel and thought that if it did well they'd just make it its own universe with its own sequels

Returns>89>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nolanshit>>Shumacher shit

It's literally worse than theatrical. Dont listen to the trolls

>all this TDK liking
Yea Forums=reddit

He was definitely not the best Bruce Wayne. That was Bale.

Whedon only buried the corpse. Synder was the one that fucked it all up from the get go. BvS is accidentally a good Batman film but only for 20 minutes or so. You can see what could have been there.

He fell a bit short imo. Also, the dramatic change in voice wasn't a good decision. He should've been more subtle than that.
Imo, Keaton is still the best Batman, but it's neck and neck with Affleck, who looked the best.

>”it insists upon itself” non-answer
What does it set out to do that it doesn’t achieve? It sets out to do exactly what it wanted to do, the question is whether that thing was good to do or not.

>10. Batman & Robin
>11. Batman '66
Yeah. What are you smoking. Batman & Robin was a failed painfully 90s attempt to emulate the old 60s show. There was so much bad modern stuff to it, which is not painfully aged 90s trash, that it missed the mark capturing what made West's Batman work. I can't even really blame Clooney. He was just on this horrific ride.

Funny. When I was a kid, I refused to see the Burton ones because they were too different from the 60s show I grew up with reruns of. Then in high school I saw Batman & Robin and realized they tried too much to be like the old 60s show all while completely failing. Plus they put a ton of uneeded gay overtones to fit the director's fantasies.

Attached: joel-schumacher-batman 1418485059689.jpg (1988x1420, 329K)

Keaton>>>all

Though I will admit Gotham looked great in many shots, but I think that was just leftovers from Burton. Schumacher tried too much to make Gotham look like a gay night club.

Attached: Joel-Schumacher-Batman-and-Robin-1997-Gotham-City.jpg (658x370, 184K)

Nah. He was prettier, that’s about it.

Nolan gave up trying to give Gotham its own look after Batman Begins. And he didn't put too much work into it for Begins anyway.

Attached: dark knight nolan v burton gotham1343363188408.jpg (1024x1080, 255K)

Actually addendum,
>Batman Returns
Goes below the worst of Nolans films, Rises.
Burton went a little bit too far up his own ass with being Burton-y. I like it more as a Burton film than a Batman film.

Attached: Tim-Burton_batman_returns_cast.jpg (550x369, 40K)

Attached: 1411057590106.webm (1024x572, 1.79M)

Literally soul vs. soulless.

I wish Affleck had gotten the director's chair. Warners offered him it on a Justice League reboot after Nolan's films, but they didn't want to wait for him to finish Argo. You know, the Oscar winning film. Cause, you know, waiting for a director to finish an Oscar caliber films is not something that's worth it.

Attached: sad affleck by watchpaintdrytv 1517861410979c.jpg (500x650, 120K)

TDKR part 1 and 2 is the best animated batman movie ever made since phatom. I wish they would make TDKR into a live action move but who would play old bats?

Genuinely spent more time wallowing in pain over this than my ex.

no it doesn't
The themes hit a dead end and certain plot devices just happen fr convenience but are built up as big moments

Actually read the post
It's explained why B&R > 66

BvS marked the end of Western Civilization for me.

Come on now. So many people say unprompted that if New York is Metropolis, then Chicago is Gotham City.

But New York is literally nicknamed Gotham

Also, top Gotham looks like a hand-drawn cartoon. Not unlike Fritz Lang's Metropolis.

Attached: fritzropolis.jpg (1024x768, 86K)

Batman
Batfleck > Kilmer > who cares > *Massive Powergap* > Clooney? Cloney? Clony?
Movies
Forever > The Dark Knight > BvS > The Rest
Anything other than this is an objective pleb opinion.

or the other way around. i forget which

I always assumed metropolis was chicago since it was a closer proximity to kansas where supes is from

You git to see Phantasm at the movies?
I'm mad jelly

Rank them

Attached: E3C388CB-EFF8-49E1-82E0-415DF34EF69F.jpg (2048x2048, 783K)

Again, I think I got it backwards. Apologies. Nolan shooting Gotham in his hometown of Chicago threw me off.

I live in New York. It's Gotham.

ben affleck is the most beautiful man who was ever born. you may disagree, but you're wrong

Tough to say, but he's definitely the most DC animated series-esque person to have ever been born.
He literally looks like the people they draw, with the wide jaw, proportions and everything.

What did the blowing sand represent in BR?

What theme hits a dead end?

It looks like the Bat-signal to me. That's just the glass being smudgy/reflective.

Correct

OH SHIT IT'S FAT KEVIN

>Keaton worse than Clooney
This invalidates your opinion on most things.

>t. henry cavill

Attached: henry and affleck feels.png (1268x1024, 1.31M)

He’s a big guy and also he’s a stupid, self-pitying wet blanket with no personality. And finally box-office poison. If hulking is the criterion just get any random weightlifter.

Not even him but the entire theme of economic class disparity is pointless because they're going to destroy the city anyways

Based

All shit, the only good adaptation of batman are the arkam games

I swear to god Batman Returns is the most overrated capeshit on earth. These brainlet faggots who have a singular fetish for stylistic movies blindly praise this shit too the moon and ignore the glaring problems with the flick.

>B-but muhh haunting, dark, twisted, and creepy gothic fairy-tale with art deco architecture is sooooooo kino KINOOOOOOOOOOOO MUH KIINOOOO

FUCK YOU AND FUCK OFF. Returns is JUST images with zero story. The character, story elements and just the overall entertainment value regarding things like action just fucking suck. Its boring as shit to just fuck around and watch.

And whatever art or imagination is even in this shit flick, its only in the visualizes because the actual tone of returns is just immature, vulgar, and unserious. Its as much as silly cartoon as Batman&Robin but atleast that movie is in the so bad its funny territory.

And the most critical thing it fails at is that Batman is irrelevant. He's only there because his name in the title, he has no arc(not that you need one), and doesn't really have much personality or dialogue in general. And whatever dialogue is there is mostly bad, especially compared to 89.

There just nothing to get behind with Burton's batman because he's portrayed as so detached and weird and incel-like. When Selina said, "How could you hit me, i'm a women" and Batman literally stutters and tries to help her up - which gets him kicked - is evidence enough of how empty Burton's batman is.

You get the sense that Burton isn't even interested in batman the character. Which is why all he really does in this movie is take his gadgets up against the baddies and wins. Anyway, the point is, Returns is TRASH.

tl;dr. it's the second best batman film ever.deal with it, nerd.

Attached: batman returns-7.webm (1024x572, 1.68M)

based

>t. MUH ART DECO

Returns>Batman (1989)>Begins>TDK>Forever>TDK>Batman & Robin

you love it.

Attached: batman returns-9.webm (560x315, 2.44M)

In order of best to worst:

Batman Returns
Batman Begins
Batman 89
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Batman V Superman
Batman 66
Batman Forever
Batman and Robin

Yeah, people like to hail Returns as some sort of artistic masterpiece. Apparently shallow references to German Expressionism and Biblical concepts make it "deep".

Great: Batman, TDK
Good: TDKR > Begins, Returns
Meh: Forever.
Bad: B&R, BvS.

if the dark knight returns logo wasn't lumped into a supes mashup it would be goat
alas, batman 1989 is top

absolutely based

is there a difference between the Holy Bible and pic related?

Attached: bible-emoji-1.jpg (600x360, 55K)

89>TDK>Begins>Returns>Rises>Forever=BvS>&Robin

Don't remember much from 66 besides the bat-shark repellent scene, so I can't really rank it. I liked the TV show though.

One of the Batman writers said Metropolis is New York during the day, Gotham is New York at night.
Though, yeah, Chicago also works as a major port on the great lakes. Plus Toronto has been cited as that's where one of his creators is from.

Both are amalgams of great American cities. (And one okay I guess leaf city.)

I'd say it's a better film, but not a better Batman film.

I remember I was playing through Watchdogs and suddenly found myself in Gotham City.

Attached: Watchdogs in Gotham City - Bravo, Chris.jpg (800x480, 75K)

>Snyderfags think his work is comparable with the Holy Bible
Why am I not surprised?

Attached: zack snyder ben affleck 1460487920148.jpg (548x398, 22K)

Gotham Knight is best animated batman, by a mile
How can some people seriously look at the horrendous animation in the western ones and think that's okay?

Attached: Batman-Gotham-Knight.jpg (1000x563, 43K)

Returns > Begins > 89 > Dark Knight > West > Rises > Forever > & Robin > v Superman

The everything between Begins and Robin can be rearranged, but I'm confident in the top 2 and bottom 2.

because it's not "horrendous anime" if you realize it's supposed to be consumed by children

that was one of my biggest gripes with the Nolan films. That and for every film he promised "the narrows tearing itself apart from fear" and "complete chaos" and "war" but never delivered on any of those climaxes.

Batman Returns> Dark Knight > The Dark Knight Rises > Batman v Superman > Batman 1989 > Batman Returns > Batman Forever > Batman and Robin

>for every film he promised "the narrows tearing itself apart from fear" and "complete chaos" and "war" but never delivered on any of those climaxes
that tends to happen when batman saves the day

>implying batfleck didn't think the snyder aura was kino

Batman Returns > Batman > Everything else
Thinking otherwise is retarded

Attached: 1445749744272.jpg (330x330, 33K)

Danny DeVito's performance in Returns makes it the best Batman movie.

if there ever was an example of perfect casting, it was Danny Devito as the penguin.