What's with the shitty filter?

Had to turn it off after 10 minutes.

Attached: 28-Days-Later.jpg (1458x758, 71K)

it's called the pleb filter and it works great

This movie is really bad and i kind of wish i never watched it. Before i watched it i thought it must have been a really good movie, so it had mystery.
I can see it maybe being a good movie by zombie movie standards, but even that isn't a very good standard.

Attached: 1546787927406.png (645x773, 11K)

After you saw Cillians dick you didn’t really need to keep watching anyways

maybe it was needed to erase everyone in those London shots

Is there an actual proper copy floating around or do only VHS rips exist for this kino?

The movie was shot on pro-Sumer digital cameras from 2001. There is no HD version of the film, this is how it was meant to look. This was so they could shoot super fast on location. Take it or leave it.

well that solves that mystery, thanks user

So it was literally shot with a handheld camera? ffs

smog

it's a good movie, but the third act is weak
the screenwriter is a hack

A lot of it was shot on the canon xl1s, which was a pretty nice digital camera for the time, don’t know what they sold for back then. I think later parts of the movie were shot on film, but I can’t remember, it’s been a while.

Still a solid fucking movie

>color grading of a digital film isn't just throwing it at a LUT with a heavy blue bias
>people weep and gnash their teeth
God I hate what digital film making has become.
Imagine having a job where you look at 5 frames from 3 scenes then shit out an entire movie with an automated filter then get paid thousands of dollars? What a fucking racket.

Attached: kill with fire.png (963x852, 868K)

Did you read back what you typed before posting? You sound like a retarded 8 year old

Attached: 1528819639086.jpg (1280x688, 59K)

You know the shot in the middle of shit like westminster bridge in front of big ben and oxford street? Some of the busiest and most iconic places in London? How did an 8 million dollar movie manage to shut all those down while also leaving the budget to make a movie? The answer was handhelds. They were able to shut down those parts of the city for minutes at a time and shoot from a bunch of different angles because they had a lot of those cheap cameras everywhere that didn't require a lot of calibration or setup or accessories to use. Actual filmreel was fucking awful to work with and lacked almost any kind of flexibility and hampered budget filmmaking since the inception of cinema. The movie looks like shit but it manages to have some of the most iconic zombie/apocalypse/sci-fi shots of all time.
How the fuck herzog shot the feature length Aguirre in 35mm in 1972 in the middle of the actual amazon fucking jungle on a $370k budget whilst dealing with klaus kinski we'll never know Danny Boyle went on to completely change the perspective of what was accomplishable with digital filmmaking when the digitally filmed Slumdog Millionare won best picture in 2008

And 28 days looked like crap in the movie theater back in 2002 too so don't get the idea that it's just aged poorly.

The final sequences were shot in 35mm.

>don’t know what they sold for back then
You could buy them for 3000 dollars and were even cheaper to rent.

>How the fuck herzog
The answer is that he simply cobbled together a loosely coherent film out of whatever loose footage he was able to shoot.

they filmed it at 5am

Your mom sounds like a retarded 8 year old

>what if I film a movie with this shitty camera
and the madlad actually did it

It's called morning, you would know what it looked like if you ever had a job.

It's a typical British movie. aka shit.

It was shot on a Canon XL-1 a prosumer camera. The image quality was all over the place and the sound was even worse - the built-in mike was horrific (like many of them tend to be)

Based

fpbp

In the documentary Side by Side about the rise of digital filmmaking Danny Boyle talks about he made the film because he wanted to work with Anthony Dod Mantle, the cinematographer who was a big part of the Dogme-95 movement and was one of the first to experiment with the possibilities of digital. The whole movie was written with the intention of being made on digital. I haven't seen the film in a while so I wont speak to how well it worked, but that was the intention from the beginning

Is dogme 95 the greatest cinematic meme of all time?

Fpbp, took my line. Also nice setup, OP