How delicious is this $300 raw fish on rice to warrant the ridiculous price tag? Seems like a scam or hyped cuisine?

How delicious is this $300 raw fish on rice to warrant the ridiculous price tag? Seems like a scam or hyped cuisine?

Attached: Jiro.png (671x664, 694K)

>he thinks its about what it tastes like

Attached: 2 headed viper.jpg (537x354, 33K)

It's a rip off.

pretty sure fish isnt supposed to look that slimey

dumb gaijin those are healthy oils!

>DERISHARU FISHU
dropped

Attached: 1552706567471.jpg (306x306, 15K)

Dude, just stop being poor and buy the fish.

If this guy tried to charge me 3 hundred for fish I’d turn em into a turtle roll

>"waaaaaah $300 for 20 pieces of sushi is too expensive!"

Ok virgins, lets calculate that.

>The restaurant only takes 8 customers per day á $300, that's $2400 maximum potential revenue that the restaurant can generate per working day
>Assuming the restaurant is open 6 days per week that's 24 working days per month
>The restaurant would have a maximum of 192 customers per month(8 customers per day x 24 working days per month)
>24 days x $2400(8 customers x $300) = $576000 maximum potential revenue per month
>Jiros buys the best quality blu fish tuna which costs around $220/kg
>Jiros buys the best quality short grain rice at approximately $55/bag(9.08kg bag)
>Since other items(onions sauce, ginger, sake) are required to prepare a 20 piece meal plan for each customer, we will assume they cost $100 per working day
>The restaurant employees 8 apprenticeships, each one of them probably receives minimum wage which would be $8.85/hour
>According to the film all employees work approximately 10 hours per day á 6 days per week that's total 240 working hours per month
>8 employees x 240 working hours each x $8.85 =$16992 in wages per month(you also have to add taxes and social security costs for all wages so we will round it up to $20000 per month)
>Since we don't know how big the restaurant is and how much Jiro pays for rent we will assume the average cost at $4000/month for a similar commercial place like Jiro's restaurant in Tokyo
>Utility costs of the restaurant like electricity, water, gas etc. which should be around $2000/month
>Average cost for kitchen equipment for a sushi restaurant are around $75000.

Now lets add up all monthly costs up:

>$20k(wages)+$5.3k(tuna per month)+$165(3 bags of rice)+$2400(misc costs per meal)+$4k(rent)+$2k(utility costs)+$625(kitchen equipment costs of $75k/10 years= $7.5k per year/12 months) = $34490 total costs per month/192 customers per month = $180 production costs per meal

$300-$180= $120 profit per meal (ROI=66%)

Attached: r34t34.png (827x427, 459K)

kek

>$2400 maximum potential revue per day

Man you sure are fucking retarded. Like half of any restaraunts take is from alcohol, not to mention people order extras of many of these dishes after the omakase course lineup is over

Attached: autism.gif (728x426, 128K)

>DURRRRRRRRR THE RESTARAWNT MAKE MORE MONEY IF DEY CHARGE MOAR MONEY HAHAHAHA VIRGIN /POL/ BTFO LEDDIT ONIONS
No shit you stupid fucking nigger, nobody is surprised that OH FUCKING WOW YOU MAKE MORE MONEY IF YOU CHARGE MORE. I swear to god the amount of effort you put in to this thinking you were making some kind of even-keeled btfo argument pisses me the fuck off you stupid pretentious faggot. The question, since you apparently have both autism and a lack of reading comprehension ability, is how does the price warrant what you're getting. A restaurant can't scam themselves by making more money you stupid fuck. The scam is pulled on the customers, who are paying a ridiculous amount of money for product that is really not worth it. I fucking swear to god you stupid fuck I will face fuck you you don't deserve to feel so smug for being so stupid.

There are no drinks or other appetizers. It’s just the sushi.

Bro just spend money carelessly on something that might not be worth it whether you're well off or not or else some fag will call you a virgin on the internet.

I like going to those back alley conveyor belt places and getting a dozen plates for ¥2000

Attached: 1473297687392.jpg (574x382, 44K)

>how does the price warrant what you're getting
66% of ROI is nothing. Theaters make thousands of percents of ROI just on popcorn alone.

Go learn some basic microeconomic principles so you understand how the price of a good and service is calculated. Supply and demand isn’t the only thing that makes up a price of a good or service.

The ROI is irrelevant from the customer's perspective, $300 for a product that could be bought for $30 is a scam objectively and anyone who's bought it has been scammed.

I have a BS in economics and I price pharmaceuticals for a living, I'm telling you that you're autistic and wrong. If a substitute can be bought for 1/10th the value than you are being scammed by buying from the producer who's charging 10x higher regardless of how his stupid, incompetent firm wastes all of that money producing the same fucking thing.

300 an hour for a world class professional is cheap

you're fucking retarded once again

i have eaten there TWICE. there are over 2 dozen sake options alone

why talk about something you obviously don't even know about

Jiro isn’t buying some cheap as frozen tuna from the local supermarket for $30 you dumb brainlet. He is buying blu fish tuna from the local market which costs $220/kg and he needs to offset these costs in the total price calculation. You are a dumb brainlet that didn’t understand anything in your economics class.

>he spent over $300 on raw fish and rice not once, but twice

No one cares what their expenses are. The question is, does the product merit the price attached? To answer that question, we’d have to investigate what the restaurant pays for the fish used in their sushi. My guess is that it’s pretty high quality, and wild-caught seafood in general is only getting more expensive.

Yeah no one gives a fuck, faggy blogposting english teacher

It's not a single piece of fish for $300 you dumb fuck.

>$300 for a product that could be bought for $30
Please tell me where you can find high end bluefin tuna for just $30 I'll buy it all

>no one cares about expenses

This is literally how the restaurant knows how to setup the price you dumb brainlet. If you produce a product and it’s break-even-point price is $100 are you going to sell it for $50 you dumb brainlet??

You're either still in college or you went to a mid-tier college where your professors made 0 effort to frame what you were taught so you default to "everyone's rational all the time and the market's always right!" because you're a slightly-above-avg IQ know-it-all (which is why you probably went to a mid-tier college in the first place).

You can go catch a bluefin for like $10 in bait if you want, user.

>DUUUUDE MY FIRM IS SUPER INEFFICIENT SO IM TECHNICALLY NOT SCAMMING PEOPLE WHEN I CHARGE THEM OUT THE ASS FOR SOMETHING THAT THEY CAN GET FOR LESS MONEY SINCE IT COSTS ME A LOT OF MONEY TOO HAHAHAH
retard

The sushi is flavoured with old jap gook hands.

>You can go catch a bluefin for like $10 in bait if you want, user
What? Are you aware how huge tunas are? They cost like a small car, especially bluefin tunas.

If you go to the right spots, high-end food in Japan is worth every penny. It is insane that would be in dispute on an imageboard for weebs

Kek

Yeah go buy some frozen squid strips and catch a bluefish, boom now you've got tuna bait

Jiros restaurant isn’t a fucking shareholding corporation that has to maximize profits in order to appease the shareholders you dumb retard. His restaurants goal is too offer HIGH QUALITY MEALS. Profit isn’t his goal you dumb inbred. If he wanted to maximize profits he would open up a franchise and use the cheapest ingredients possible. You clearly have no idea how Michelin restaurants operate as business. Hope you never find a job in the business world because dumb retards like you destroy the economy.

Yeah and where's my $2000 giga fishing rod, boat and the proper equipment and staff to bring it out?

Attached: just buy some frozen squid m8.jpg (640x640, 89K)

A 20-course 3 Michelin star meal for $300 is actually a decent deal

Dude that guy is a fucking brainlet whose parents paid big $$$ to pass him in high school, don’t even bother to argue with him. His mother probably fucked the president of the his college in order to get him in. This guy doesn’t understand even the most basic microeconomic principles like break-even-point, fixed costs etc.

Have you ever seen The Biggest Catch?

Most michelin star restaurants are way more expensive

they also actually cook their dishes

you go for the 'experience' and to tell other people you've been

you would know this if you weren't an incel

>this poorfag never ate steak tartare
lmao

>goes to sushi place
>wtf why is this raw??
Based retard

>NOOOO I DON'T WANT TO BE RAW FISH ON RICE

Attached: sushi.jpg (1800x1200, 173K)

NPCs are pathetic

How do you book into Jiro's restuarant i'm going to Japan next year.

> y-y-you're retarded again! I've eaten there myself in the flesh, you dummy!
okay

Rich people don't mind paying for what they can afford

>tfw his restaurant is not even top 20 sushi res
how expensive it could even get

While we've had it, it's probably worth talking about. Raw, raw, as in "not for human consumption." These fish, not only will have us reconsider the ridiculous price tag of just $300 as fish to eat but it will also tell you how they've been grown and processed.

"The idea that people have made thousands of thousands of dollars from raw fish is a complete myth," said one expert at the University of California, Davis, who has worked to raise public awareness of sea life's plight.

As the only living creature of its kind, sea cucumber, mackerel, and a host of other wild and tropical species are threatened, there is an immense appetite with demand to feed it. The FDA regulates the distribution of many types of seafood, but for the best quality fish it's hard to get enough.

The wild cucumbers are used for canned canned seafood, but the mackerel, whose meat was prized by the Romans, was killed for human consumption. There's the wild salmon, which has been caught, but not processed; wild trout, which is rarely caught at all outside Hawaii; and small trout, which are just as elusive.

>Raw, raw, as in "not for human consumption.
You are immensely dumb.

nightmares of ass rape.

Went to his son's shop in Roppongi for slightly lower pricing (~$250), and it was the best sushi I've ever had. The Jiro method uses a high vinegar content rice, which, when combined with the well prepared fish with high fat content, just melts in your mouth.

8 customers per sitting. With two lunches and two dinners, it's 4 times the amount you're calculating.

The only shot you have as a foreigner is likely through GoVoyagin.com (i.e. pay for just the reservation). It's INSANE to get into Jiro himself. His son's shop in Roppongi is much more accessible (same site).

>Went to his son's shop in Roppongi for slightly lower pricing (~$250)
Going to Tokyo soon for the first time, was it worth it?

All gourmet food is scam. There is no meal worth more than 25 bucks.

your mom is hehe

All fish tastes the same. There's probably less than 400 people on the whole planet that can tell the difference between fish and none of you retards shelling out 300 bucks for worm seed are one of them.

I thought so, though you can get similarly prepared high quality fish at a place like Kyubey for around $100. That high vinegar rice is something though.

Insider tip: there's also one in Toyosu a couple of stops from the fish market that has lunches for $20 for the first 25 people. It's from a chef who learned under Jiro. For those lunches, the fish of course isn't that high quality for such a low price, but it does have that high vinegar rice taste (even if it's a bit uneven).

Michelin restaurants are luxury restaurants. The intended customers are not the poor fucks who have to think about whether they're getting enough value out of how much the meal costs.

>Look mom I took Introduction to Microeconomics: 100
Nobody here gives a shit about what Jiro wants that's not what OP was asking and that's already been pointed out to you. This isn't about whether Jiro is being ripped off, it's about whether the $300 that his customers pay is worth what they're getting. Whether it cost Jiro a lot of money to buy and prepare the fish with a low ROI is irrelevant. I can spend $1 million preparing the tastiest turd the world has ever seen and charge you $1,000,001 for it and it would not be worthwhile for you to purchase even though I am spending a ton of money and offering it to you at a low ROI. It would be a scam regardless. Nobody said anything about whether Jiro was trying to profit, nobody said anything about whether Jiro was being scammed, nobody said anything about shareholders or whatever fake nonsense your inventing here. Please read my post again before you sperg out like you've been doing all thread. You seem super salty that it was pointed out that you're an unironic pseud who struggles to find a way to apply his degree so you try to inject into instances where it is not relevant. What Jiro as a producer has to spend to producer it says nothing about whether it is worthwhile in the end for consumers to purchase. Your type of thinking is what run companies like Sears out of business.

>All fish tastes the same.
Not only is that wrong, but different cuts from the same fish can taste quite different. Especially true with a large fish like tuna.

What’s the best consumer brand tuna to get? Bumblebee? Chicken of the sea?

>dude put a price on taste lmao
You can bullshit like that for any food or meal ever made and say that everything should cost like 5 bucks because that's how it tastes to me.

Taking you fucking schizo meds before you get an aneurysm holy shit

reminder that japan has been cucked by norway as a dumping ground for their fish products hence why sushi continues to exist

That's not bullshit that's how you make a decision on whether you should buy something you retard. If all you value is how a food tastes and you don't think any food tastes good enough to spend more than $5 then you're never going to buy food that costs more than $5.

>the guys who wrote up an entire analysis on how much it costs Jiro to cut people raw fish and then sperged out when it was pointed out that it didn't answer the question is calling other people schizos

You literally have absolutely no idea how a good or service is priced. Amerimutt education everybody.

How a good is priced has nothing to do with what OP asked, thank you for trying though brainlet. Go flip some burgers with you economics "degree" from your pleb "college"

You aren't paying for the food itself, you're paying for pretentious autistic shit like all the rice grains facing the same direction

It's his special ingredient user

>Support me on Patreon

Attached: 1554758887959.png (714x750, 812K)

Yeah, it's called onions sauce. At high end sushi places the chef applies to onions sauce before serving.

And yet you still didn’t answer OP questions too and you keep reflecting my facts with that.

>”Hurr durr you didn’t answer OPs question so your arguments and facts are invalid”

The how delicious a food is completely irrelevant from its price tag. You can’t tie a price tag of a meal with how delicious it is. There is no mathematic way to determine how delicious a meal. You are too retarded for the world, go kys and remove your shit tier genes from the gene pool.

>all employees work approximately 10 hours per day
>restaurant only serves 8 customers per day
found your fucking problem lmao

Sigh, that damn filter is still on. It's this, only higher quality.

Attached: sauce.jpg (1000x1000, 87K)

>Ah yes honorabru Gaijin this is the best fish and rice in the world! Only 300$ which is nothing for rich man like you with big penis! Penis gets bigger by eating this susho Gaijin its ancient Japanese miracle power rice handcrafted piece by piece and not bought in the 7/11 next door oh no! We're very honorabru and would never do such a thing to our honoured gaijin guests! Now eat the fish

>Make all your raw fish and unsalted rice taste like s o y sauce
Ah yes truly high class eating

sushi rice isn't plain white rice, silly. it is seasoned

>there's no mathematical way to determine price
This applies to literally everything you retard. How much does a fish cost? Whatever the fisherman is selling it for.

And it's not like the sauce is overwhelming. It's the right amount of saltiness for seasoning, like at a high end steakhouse.

I never said I answered OP's question, I never replied to OP. You replied to OP and tried to answer what you thought was his question, but when it was pointed out that you did not answer his question you sperged out and started info-dumping irrelevant information about how Jiro runs his business which says nothing as to whether purchasing his products is worthwhile from the customer's perspective. OP didn't ask for a strictly mathematical answer. You tried to give it to him, but again you really didn't answer his question at all and frankly I think a qualitative answer makes a lot more sense. Go take a walk and calm down, user.

I literally never said that you fucking brainlet. You are just embarrassing yourself at this point.

Attached: 1C75E1A9-11C7-4EB0-A802-69ACEC37AE5A.jpg (1080x1080, 128K)

What's people's obsession with this guy? See him getting posted all the time.

The fact is everything "high-end" is a meme. Gold-plated steak? $1000 phone? Supercars? All memes for people with too much money.

its because his ''high-end'' sushi is no different from any other decent sushi

Literally wrong, if you were to take all the data in the market and solve the hundreds of thousands of differencial equations, you could find the perfect price for each product in order to have a perfect economic system.

But you did retard, because there's no difference between the price of the meal from jewro to the customer and the price of the fish between the fisherman and jewro

>300 $

In fine, french restaurants the staff will sneer at you if you order something that cheap.

>I never said I answered OP's question, I never replied to OP.

You aren’t contributing to this discussion and you are clearly shitposting at this point. Literal genetic dead-end just off youserself man.

Attached: C29D0903-E709-46D6-AB5A-B17CD2CF6D4F.png (480x368, 143K)

french waiters will sneer at you no matter what you do

Because you're not french, duh.

This is what I said:

>There is no mathematic way to determine how delicious a meal.

You aren’t ONLY a brainlet but also clearly dyslexic and/or blind. Literally bottom of the barrel genetics.

I'm contributing to the discussion by pointing out that you are wrong. Really though it's already been pointed out that you're wrong, so what I'm more doing is stopping someone who's wrong from making other people wrong. You're the one shitposting at this point, you haven't made a post that wasn't at least 50% rambling one-liner insults. I think you know where you belong now.

Attached: 13543698734.png (600x515, 551K)

yikes

Attached: b1e45c7fdfd3d54725b3fa2905522b54.png (268x188, 6K)

fucking disgusting. retards that spend more than 10 dollars on a piece of raw uncooked fish deserve to lose their money desu

>the 110 IQ sperg is also a dumb frogposter
pottery

>p-p-pottery

Attached: This+meme+is+called+brainlet+wojak+_73c052b7ce6b031a7963b29e865681eb.jpg (644x500, 39K)

eyyy jiro my man i'm full i need to put most of these in the fridge for later

this
isnt me. your right and i got a little out of hand haha lol. i dont have many friends and i cant get a job with my fake degree so im under a lot of stress now. sorry that i was so retarded hahah

There's no mathematic way to determine the price of anything. All pricing is subjective, including the value of food. Your tautologies are worthless you absolute retard. Take your 109 IQ rick and morty brain and go jump off a cliff.

>i dont have many friends and i cant get a job with my fake degree so im under a lot of stress now.

keep projecting

Attached: KAPROFHDXXA_2.jpg (600x400, 23K)

>There's no mathematic way to determine the price of anything.

Just off yourself already and stop samefagging

Attached: Price-Determination-Theory.jpg (720x540, 108K)

No problem user as long as you know you were fucking wrong

It only tastes good comped.

Attached: _71cfd8e8e9eea77ce22b2582854a28b3.jpg (1000x932, 434K)

He won't be sneering when I shout allahu akbar and slap his cuck face

There's no way Jiro's margins are that good, he's probably paying $10k/month for rent alone.

Basically, you're paying for the insane fixed costs of all the top-shelf fish that Jiro gets from Tsukiji, etc. The difference between a $30 deluxe sushi plate at your regular decent sushi joint and Jiro's stuff is the difference between the chef paying $20/lb wholesale for the tuna and $200/lb for it.

It's like comparing an $8 New York strip from Safeway with an $80 New York Strip that's dry-aged grass-fed Wagyu from some boutique farm at your local gourmet butcher. It doesn't taste 10x better, but as a treat, it's probably worth it.

t. Foodie and serious amateur chef. Cost doesn't increase linearly compared quality, it increases exponentially.