You can't help but respect the man

>consummate professional
>doesn't pick the easy way out with CGI in his movies
>zero scandals, sex parties, drug bullshit
>fine, upstanding human married to his wife since decades
plus he has all of Hollywood at his feet and whenever he starts a project, everyone fights to be a part fo it.

Attached: nolan.jpg (1000x562, 332K)

Yorgos lanthimos is coming for his head. Nolan is shook!

Pretentious shit almost consistently. Memento was his peak.

>make movie about dunkirk
>insists on le no CG meme
>event that involved hundreds of thousands of people in scope
>hire like 50 extras, 12 boats, 3 planes and 2 ships
>yeah, that'll do
>"every frame looks so natural and real!"

David Fincher would've been better to direct.

Cope, there is nothing pretentious about his films. He's not an art director, he's a commercial filmmaker. How can his stuff be pretentious?

He went to a screening of Call Me By Your Name.

Disavow.

Nolan is one of the few Hollywood directors who still do passion projects he wants to do personally without anyone interfering whatsoever.
He has 100% artistic integrity and works only with absolute creative freedom. The only demands he obeys from the studio is being done before the deadline and under the budget, which he does every single time without exception and why is he so loved by Warner bros.
And every single film of his becomes both a financial and critical success no matter the subject with no additional "directors cuts" because his theatrical cut is always the definitive directors cut.
No matter what you think of the quality of his films, he makes every film out of passion/desire to make that film, not because some studio exec calculated what should be done.

He basically has full creative freedom and untouched artistic integrity at a big budget Hollywood blockbuster

Attached: nolan having a blast.jpg (1280x720, 174K)

I don't like most of his films but I think he's an overall positive influence on cinema. I wish he had never gone into capeshit tho, lots of the current obsession with it is due to TDK.

Probably had to do it to humor his jew producers.

Iron Man would have kicked off the capeshit trend anyway, it was well done.

Spider-man doomed us from the start

There were enough flops after Spider-Man to put the whole genre at risk though.

Badump

BASED, big, and nolanpilled

>be larry wachowski in the year 2000
>spent the entire 90s grinding to make the matrix
>biggest cinema hit of the decade, world is at your door
>decide to indulge your dickstepping fetish instead of making quality films
>let your newfound domme mommy direct the tone of the sequels as she injects you with ketamine and estrogen near daily
>warner sees trouble on the horizon
>takes away the batman movie they were gonna give you
>gives it instead to their OTHER cerebral, chicago-native auteur with a sibling collaborator
>watch over the next decade as a guy who looks like one of the kids who dunked your head in the toilet at school steals the career that was meant for you, revolutionizes cinema, and kickstarts capeshit as one of the most profitable genres of all time
>"oh well, at least the V mask is still popular on 4ch-"
>baneposting steals your meme value

yeah nolan's pretty based

Attached: arghchowsk.png (1123x792, 1.29M)

>fine upstandig human
are you fucking serious? at least 264 people have died connected to his movies. wake the fuck up he's EVIL.

you have to sacrifice a few souls in order to deliver true kino, Tarkovsky knew this aswell

do you think his autism prevents him from realizing that The Dark Knight Rises is a comedy?

I've always enjoyed his films. He's not the best but he's up there with them.

he desperately wants to be Kubrick but just isnt autistic enough.
Interstellar was a horrible rip-off of 2001 that was cringe tier.

Iron Man eouldnt habe existed without Nolan. RDJ used to talk about it openly albeit begrudgingly.

>Pretentious
The guy makes fun blockbuster capeshit and sci-fi movies. Not really his fault that some 14 year olds hold him up as some kind of 2deep4u auteur.

any detractors of noaln or spielbergh are literal cretins, no other logical explaination

nice English, Pajeet.

Hasn't his wife produced or co-produced literally all of his movies since they were in their mid-20s?
Probably hard to find time for the sex parties and scandals with her watching you like a hawk at home and work.

Sauce or kys

yea didnt really check, who cares fuck

Nolan planned to make two more Batman movies with Joker after TDK, then Heath died and Nolan stopped giving a fuck and wrapped it up in TDKR. Damn shame.

There's zero 2deep4u 'oh look I changed the decorations in the background' bullshit in his movies unlike Kubrick. Keep coping.

He's ascended, he doesn't give a fuck about having sex with disgusting souls and debasing himself like a common pleb. Hell, even his movies barely have women and never have sex or nudity.

ya think

Attached: too deep for you.jpg (1920x2200, 447K)

>no cell phone

Why is he such a boomers bros

Too bad his movies suck and he's the most overrated filmmaker of the last 15 years.

Not gonna lie, if I met some girl at 19 at uni and she stuck with me and actively helped me out when I was doing crappy student films and getting a fat stack of rejection letters in my early 20s i'd probably be disinclined to cheat too.
Proper ride or die bitch

Yeah I'm not sure about that when losers like Noe, Refn and other rejects exist.

>being this new
at the last count it was:
>3 stuntmen on 3 different movies
>Heath Ledger
>the 71 killed by the Batman killer during TDKR
>156 killed by the suicidal irline pilot, a confirmed Nolan fanatic

Attached: stay on my aircraft.jpg (334x525, 36K)

memes

The Batman killer killed 12 people

>David Fincher would've been better to direct.
Yeah because Mindhunter was a modern masterpiece LMAO

>spielbergh
Plenty of people hate Spielberg (and Hanks) for very real reasons.
Child Rape.

This. Drive and Only God Forgives are barely movies.

Cope harder marvelcuck

>no sex, no drugs, married for decades

How could we go back to victorian age so hard? How the fuck is that of any value? Are you 60 yo?

It's alright not to be in scandals and or be at constant risk of a heroin od, but come the fuck on.

Not to mention the best movies in history were done by mavericks and crazy people.

He killed ledger to hide the fact dark knight is borning as shit

t. tranny

Over the past two weeks as an extra on Tenet I've been watching him work and it's just fucking glorious.
They're paying me but honestly I should be paying them for getting to see Chris in action.

Different guy. I haven't seen Mindhunter but I think he only directed one episode or something. But if Mindhunter was shit, that's immaterial, idiot, considering the rest of Fincher's films and, if you know anything about him, you know how well he blends CGI into his films and with the practical. It's seriously impressive how he does it, and working CGI seamlessly into Dunkirk is something he definitely could have done to lend the film a greater sense of scale.

You're a sad nut if you have to convince yourself that's why he went and he's secretly /your guy/.

You're only as good as your last piece of work. For Fincher that's Mindhunter. His next piece of work is World War Z 2 (fucking 2 lmao)
He put his name on Mindhunter therefore the guy is a fucking hack. A pleb of the highest order.

he makes movies about nothing. I watched his nobudget feature and it's the same shit. it's about nothing. his characters have no personalities. his stories are rarely personal, written around twists, not characters. he sucks you into the story just to deliver a twist and wow you with obfuscation. there's no difference from superhero movies what he does, but it draws in middlebrow pseudointellectual fans.

Attached: 1561032182327.jpg (1080x1266, 85K)

I bet you're sad enough to have deluded yourself into thinking you're an enlightened, cultured genius by adhering to this retarded mindset.

Ad hom. Not an argument. Let's keep talking about the """work""" of Fincher lol

why do african americans stink so bad bros?

Let's face it.

Attached: Perhaps the greatest filmmaker of all time.jpg (969x1045, 141K)