Honestly what's his problem?

Honestly what's his problem?

Attached: Gomer_Pyle.png (398x446, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_100,000
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

society

slightly retarded

He did nothing wrong.

mild retardation. he couldn't even tie his fucking boots. also a drill system that doesn't deal with people like him the proper way, he was the victim of a sociopath

He just wanted to kill some fucking gooks

Felt sorry for the guy. He wasn't even really fat

Browses Yea Forums

that wasn't the issue, the issue was that he was unfit. you can actually be that fat and still manage to do well

He was an incel, who should've Had Sex

True

Attached: fedor-emelianenko-bellator-1981.jpg (1000x666, 324K)

No. The drill sergeant was NOT a sociopath. The drill sergeant did nothing wrong. You want that retard who doesn't know left from right in your platoon? You want to go into some Vietnamese hellhole with him covering your back? Bullshit. Retard boy could have quit and should have quit.

This. Gunny was training him by the book. He fucking LIKED Pyle.
Remember lines like
>Private Pyle, you are definitely born again hard. I may even allow you to serve as a rifleman in my beloved corps.
or
>Private Pyle, 0300 Infantry. You made it.
No one else, got a congrats as they were given their MOS assignments.

Pyle had some developmental/emotional issues and military life never would have worked out. Both he and Gunny were unfortunate victims in this case.

If he was a legit retard he shouldn't have been allowed into service, or removed from service without the intense psycho terror.

I'm not sure if it was the case during Vietnam, but the marines don't draft, right? How did he even end up there?

>The drill sergeant did nothing wrong
Actually he did, he did not expel Pyle from the service sooner or later.

>I'm not sure if it was the case during Vietnam, but the marines don't draft, right? How did he even end up there?
You very much could be drafted into the Marines back then. You can tell they were draftees because they were already Privates. Volunteers are not officially ranked as Privates yet, they are merely recruits. They get their rank upon graduation.

Getting a mental health evaluation and a section 8 classification is harder than you'd think, especially back then.

He had a major malfunction.

Drill instructors dont have that power

Sir,he was hungry,sir

>Drill instructors dont have that power
They don't have the power to separate a recruit, by they definitely do have the right and the responsibility to send any recruit they think is having trouble coping for a mental health evaluation.

Rules were different back then, and you'd probably have to attempt suicide or make a pass at your DI in order to get section 8.

Maybe not personally, but who else would be able to decide weather a recruit is fit for service or a danger to himself and others?

>you'd probably have to attempt suicide
I think he did. Do you remember the scene at the shooting range, his wrist is taped-up.
Did he try to slit his wrists?

>muh marines
>have a guy that doesn't know left from right or how to tie his boots

Do Americans actually do this?

Google McNamaras Morons

Marines are dumb yes

>he doesn't know that Americans literally drafted retards to fight in their aggression wars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_100,000

Attached: Jamie_Farr_Max_Klinger_MASH_1975.jpg (643x846, 140K)

I will second this.

>In Navy
>Going to A School for AE training, and the class is divided evenly between sailors and marines
>Every time we had an exam, the instructor would read off the scores, and it was always Navy at the top half, Marines on the bottom