What the fuck did I just watch?

Much better than I expected it to be.

Attached: johncarter.jpg (747x479, 78K)

Oh it's the faggot from TD2

forgettable kino

Lynn Collins was so fucking hot in this

Attached: john-carter-movie-image-lynn-collins-taylor-kitsch-2.jpg (1024x683, 397K)

based tay tay

Is that Riggins? He had another acting job?

Fucking how?

Dear fuck was she ever.

Unironically what Nu Wars should have been.

it's not Lone Ranger-tier kino but it's very serviceable

Two big problems of the movie is the re-write of Carters character and Kitsch, who looks slightly restarted.

Good film. No classic but for a lover of old school SF books, it has a lot to offer. There were points when I was watching it where I was transported to another world in my imagination, which is more than you get out of most movies.

Good ol' pulpy sci-fi. Pretty damn enjoyable.

That's what really stood out to me. It wasn't an amazing film, but they weren't afraid to just run with some of the old school elements, and that gave it just enough charm to make it a solid watch.

Lone Ranger is the only movie I've ever finished and actually had the thought "Holy shit, if I'd seen this as a kid it would have been my favourite movie ever!". I've never felt the need to rewatch it or anything, but if I'd seen it the first time as a kid I'm sure I would have been rewinding the tape for another watch.

>What the fuck did I just watch?
wholesome kino is what you just watched, my good sir
though as a fan of the books it oodled my noodle a bit to see them mix up the story to form a broader "John Carter" movie instead of a straight adaptation of A Princess of Mars.
Of course all bookfags complain about that, so I shouldn't be too mad. This was the time right before disney started shoving non-Whites into every single live action movie they made.

itt Yea Forums is surprised it still enjoys the tried and true story of a hero's journey
Surprise! You never grow out of liking it.

The lewd artwork on the old Tarzan and Carter of Mars books always made my peepee hard.

Attached: a7d369a6557db1e9012183ed46cc2de5.jpg (412x640, 50K)

I don't think Yea Forums has ever disputed this. It's just that we've been fed such horseshit for the past few years.

it's not as lewd as it should be desu
in the books everyone was buck ass nekkid
dejah thoris even complains to john carter that barsoomians have no clue what humans look like because we wear clothes and hats all the time

What mainly surprised me was that this was made in 2012. I guess shit didn't really hit the fan until later than I remembered.

>jewelry
>barefoot
YES YES YES!!!!!!!

things took a steep nosedive around the time obama got reelected
lefties started pushing the overton window very very hard after that
after the 2012 election is when we got federally enforced homo marriage(after it failed to pass democratically in california), George Zimmerman's acquittal, ferguson riots, baltimore riots, etc.

Its sad. Also with being so politically correct its hard to make a hero's journey film without the villain being white, when its traditionally been an outside invader or one of (((them))).

That's why we get more Russian villains now than back when we were actually at war with Russia