This shit any good? It's on Netflix

This shit any good? It's on Netflix.

Attached: Neon Genesis Evangelion.jpg (1000x667, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mcwlGjDNkkw
youtube.com/watch?v=sYT3ubI2yqM
youtube.com/watch?v=h5EUcYw96us
youtube.com/watch?v=FE6LoV-mVzk
youtube.com/watch?v=I6MEhBU2xmY
youtube.com/watch?v=_X6VoFBCE9k
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/generic
youtube.com/watch?v=o9OkeDh8cmU
youtube.com/watch?v=8VoWEP7XVwE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Eceleb thread now

Attached: 1558552241247.jpg (244x295, 8K)

fuck you

no

sneed

>forgot to translate parts of on screen Japanese text
>couldn't get the end theme

OH NO NO NO

>end theme
big deal

It's alright but Netflix's retranslation is too literal and shit comes off kind of stiff at times. Shinji also sounds too much like a girl.

Yes

I got to the party too late because I was at work while this was going down, but I saw in the first big thread about this complaints about how it's pretty much the same as the original dub. I beg to differ. The new dub makes it much more immersive. There are no moments where the dialogue sounds so comical it takes you right out of it anymore. It's pretty good.

Let's all pretend we discovered plebangelion for the first time, sure why not.

Pretty much, it's the old dub without the cringe and Shinji sounding like the squeaky-voiced teen from the Sneedsons

Shinji's voice was literally a girl last time. They tried to mimic that for some reason, but at least it's an actual male this time.

Yeah I've seen people defend it by saying that his JP voice was a woman but I don't really care personally. If it sounds like shit it sounds like shit, doesn't matter what the intention behind it was.

>Shinji's voice was literally a girl last time.
THAT WAS THE POINT REEEEE FUCK NEWFAGS

Attached: 1501591.jpg (600x350, 23K)

read this i don't care what the point was either
in japanese, women voicing males seems to work (see DBZ) in english, you can just tell it's a woman
unless it's bart simpson, it just doesn't work in english

How fucking cheap can Netflix be?

Little old A.D. Vision was able to afford the rights to "Fly Me to the Moon" back in the day, but Netflix won't spring for it now?

Care to explain how that was the point? I've only watched it once, a few years ago as this is Yea Forums and not Yea Forums. I never got that Shinji was supposed to be a girl or anything?

Honestly, the use of a Sinatra song as the outro always struck me as a little bit silly, and a thing that could only work in Japan. But purists will never be satisfied unless everything is exactly the same as the jap version.

Wrong. Lines are read, not emoted, and none of the voices fit the characters.

Is has been good and still is. The movie is prime kino.

>couldn't get the end theme
Wait, seriously? The variations on Fly Me to the Moon was literally the best part of the show.

Technically, it's not a "Sinatra song," per se. The Sinatra version might be best known, now, but it was originally sung by Kaye Ballard, and was a popular song that had already been covered by a number of singers before Ol' Blue Eyes.

wow, so a girl sounded more manly than a dude who spoke english. how sad.

Sure, but they wouldn't have used it if Sinatra hadn't made it so famous even the Japanese know it. Hence you could say it's a Sinatra song, sort of. From the Japanese standpoint, certainly. I doubt many Japanese know any of what you just wrote about the origin of the song.

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=mcwlGjDNkkw

The moon in eva was adams egg that got knocked into space when lilith crash landed on earth in the 1st impact millions of years ago. Thats why I think they have that song. Along with shinji's inability to find love that is.

wait they took out the fly me to the moon song?

I wouldn't be so sure.

Connie Francis was pretty big in Japan (enough so that she sang versions of some of her songs in Japanese), and she sang it (in both Italian and Spanish) before Sinatra did.

Tony Bennett, Johnny Mathis, and Nat King Cole were among the other big names to have sung it.

Didn't want to pay for the rights. Netflix being cheap again.

Nah b if you'd seen the show before you'd understand the gravity of this loss. It's a HUUUUUUGE tone setter and very thematically important. This ain't your average shonen...

Attached: D6dfiy8V4AEJ1Pg.png (871x757, 812K)

Yeah I'm aware of the connection. It still strikes me as a bit hokey.

It's literally just that grown women are good at sounding like little boys. If you know anything about voice acting you know that pretty much every male child except Finn from adventure time is voiced by a chick

youtube.com/watch?v=sYT3ubI2yqM
Best version. I can just see all the best action scenes/scenes of destruction and horror in my mind as I listen to this. Too bad the show didn't use this version.

this song sucks dick /thread

No it doesn't. You're just a tastelet.
youtube.com/watch?v=h5EUcYw96us

Is this just a case of weeb autists REEing out?

Is the netflix credit theme on youtube? I can't find the bastard

It's just Rei's theme. it works I guess but is not as good an outro obviously.

This one in case anyone doesn't know
youtube.com/watch?v=FE6LoV-mVzk

this just reminded me of this may as well post it
youtube.com/watch?v=I6MEhBU2xmY

>Yea Forums claimed Netflix was going to SJW-up Evangelion
>they actually turned down the gay subtext and pissed off Twitter
apologize

Astrud Gilberto's is best and what the show seems to be shooting for.

No. It's a case of Netflix being cheap bastards.

I'd make the same complaint if it weren't anime. It's just that examples of western shows with iconic ending themes (or distinct ending themes at all) are so rare that I can't think of one off-hand.

But then I'm also constantly annoyed by Netflix skipping the credits (and "previously on" segments, etc.) on shows and movies with no option to disable the behavior.

I thought Tristan Harris forced them to create the option to disable it. I guess this was short-lived.

If there's an option, I sure can't find it.

>decide to just watch some of the cool action-clips i remember from EoE
>end up watching the entire angsty mindfuck of an animated masterpiece

why is it so intriguing bros?

No idea. It's endlessly rewatchable. Can't be said of I think any anime other than this.

That's subjective.

Why did they add the jacking off scene when in the manga she wakes up and attacks him?

Attached: 4c6a0e62740d7a74-600x338.jpg (600x338, 43K)

it fits the theme of eva I think

The manga is an alternative version written by someone else.

That was Anno's big FU to otaku and bestgirl posters

which manga? also the jack off scene was made before the manga was finished me thinks.

No it was just a guy who could do a high voice back during the 90s dub

Just finished watch the end of Eva movie. Gonna start the tv show. What am I in for

>watches it backwards
youtube.com/watch?v=_X6VoFBCE9k

yes. it's alternate universe/alternate version.

Should I watch this? The only animes I've seen and not got bored with are death note and samurai champloo.

Better than death note for sure

>death note and samurai champloo
What's it like having actual shit taste?

It's not that hard

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 3.01.36 AM.png (638x214, 47K)

It’s a masterpiece.

But you have to watch all 26 episodes and the movie.

Initially it seems like a generic anime bullshit show. But after episode 16 things go crazy

>It’s a masterpiece

Attached: Kusaka - World's Greatest Troll.jpg (1233x697, 47K)

Generic is not a word.

>retard ESL poster

I'm not retarded but you certainly are.

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/generic
Its definitely a word.

Is EoE on there? I had a look yesterday and didn't see. I thought it was to be included

Why do you people always do this? First you misuse the word, then when I confront you about it you suddenly start citing the dictionary when the entire problem all along was that you completely disregarded the dictionary definition.

What the fuck is wrong with you, ESL? He was right, you are wrong. Stop doubling down, this is the problem with you retards, always doubling down.

That wasn't me you retard.
You said Generic wasn't a word. I corrected you.
I didn't post

>implying that's as bad as it gets
WHOOPS BROS WE FORGOT TO GIVE SHINJI SOME CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. KAWORU """LIKES""" HIM NOW

Attached: 1561159310845.jpg (960x1080, 88K)

""""""""LIKE""""""""

Attached: 1561158259863.png (1064x716, 781K)

He was wrong, I was right. I just explained why. Try reading.

You all misuse it, and as a result it is no longer a word.

>faggots getting upset that Netflix fucked the dub
You do know the original dub and sub still exist, right? With endings intact and all?

Attached: 46a.png (423x293, 84K)

>being this retarded

Attached: Narutaki WTF.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

I said nothing retarded anywhere and you can't prove that I did.

How do download them

Kill yourself you zoomer fuck

fuck off cunt lurk more seriously making a fucking "is Eva worth watching" thread in 2k19 fucking summerfags

If you don't know where to get anime you need to lurk more newfag.

>gatekeeping

Lmao

>gatekeeping

>gatekeeping
Imagine actually defending being a lazy shit.

EVANGELION!!!

Attached: 1527113462919.gif (413x243, 51K)

It's on MEGA

EVANGELION IS A MASTERPIEEEECE! IT IS BEST ANIME EVERRR!

Attached: 1519014658378.png (732x772, 34K)

Yeah but either watch it first subbed or The ADV version because the netflix version people talk like children learning english for the first time.

NOOOOO, I MIGHT HAVE ONLY WATCHED 10 ANIME BUT I CAN JUST TELL! HOW CAN ANY OTHER ANIME COME CLOSE???

Attached: 1559999641880.jpg (320x310, 38K)

>or The ADV version
>recommending a different shit dub

>dude whats wrong with my arms

Attached: 1483234382145.jpg (460x596, 37K)

Sir, you MUST watch Evangelion! It has very deep themes about depression and religion!

Attached: 1550208279467.png (644x800, 54K)

Yeah, I like Evangelion. Yeah, I like to make threads about it. So what? I relate to Shinji on a very deep and personal level, you got a problem with that?

Attached: 1560973777794.jpg (243x234, 18K)

You can thank me later

Attached: nge.jpg (1053x155, 21K)

I love Asuka!

Attached: 1546914455036.jpg (208x250, 30K)

>t-there's nothing wrong with being obsessed with a tv anime, ok?!

Attached: 1506531640245.png (1317x982, 73K)

If it's ok to be obsessed with a live action show or movie then it's also ok to be obsessed with an anime.

>163GB

Attached: 1561123912720.jpg (1024x576, 79K)

Holy bloat, Batman! If that's the best torrent you can find you're retarded too

>that's right, and it's perfectly fine to make anime threads like this on Yea Forums because evangelion is a Yea Forums approved anime!

Attached: 1538953929547.jpg (821x797, 120K)

fucking zoomer

Attached: 1413919654647.png (326x326, 171K)

Yea Forums is a board for television and film. Evangelion is both.

No
My one is 65GB

Attached: 1466715859322.png (811x710, 542K)

ok

Pirate it, netflix dub looks like complite shishow.
No, adam's moon is under antarctica. Lilith's moon is under japan. Regular moon is just a moon.
Watch TV director cut 1-24, original 25 and 26 and then EOE.

Based. Make the zoomie download a fuckhuge file

Attached: 1561178758465.jpg (548x567, 34K)

What am I looking at here? Where is the link

Fuck off, what's your problem?

It's an anime and anime belongs on Yea Forums you stupid idiot. When the mods are active, your shitty threads get rightly purged.

>the moment evamorons were BTFO by the show's assistant director

Attached: evaquote.jpg (1281x720, 432K)

PLEASE WATCH EVANGELION Yea Forums! I PROMISE IT'S JUST AS GOOD AS YOUR FAVORITE KINO! IT IS A DEEP AND PHILOSOPHICAL MASTERPIECE!

Attached: 1534668271664.jpg (988x1059, 148K)

Show me a rule that prohibits animation from being discussed on Yea Forums.

Stop it Mom! I'm discussing Evangelion on Yea Forums!

Attached: 1550903199414.png (632x756, 15K)

>it can't be deep if it's animated
This is a prejudice created by American animation, and Evangelion is not American animation.

tl;dr

Attached: Stop watching anime.webm (774x420, 2.9M)

Nobody said animated works can't be deep, moron. Even the Simpsons could be deep at times.

The thing is, idiots like yourself seem to believe Evangelion was some kind of incredible cornerstone in anime history, when the reality is, there were plenty of great works exploring similar themes before 1995. You don't know this because you're a sheep that follows the herd.

>THIS WORD DOSNT EXIST
>gets link to dictionary
>OKAY IT MAY EXIST BUT YOU STILL USE IT WRONG
Why do retards always do this? Why cant they just shut up when they lose?

What's the source though? Seems funny

Evangelion revolutionized the anime industry.

See I did not lose. You did.

True and I know that. However, one user said that Shinji sounding like a girl "was the point", and another thing to consider is that the woman voicing him is MtF, and seemingly deliberately channeling a girl's voice rather than a young boy's voice. The question isn't how voice acting works, we all know how voice acting works. The question is rather, what am I missing in the show, if anything, that says that Shinji should sound like a female rather than a male?

STOP ITTTTTTTT

Attached: 1558204734134.jpg (612x1200, 66K)

See

>Evangelion revolutionized the anime industry.
That doesn't say much coming from an idiot like yourself.

Did it cause big waves as it was coming out? Sure. Did it have imitators? Sure. Was it even nearly as revolutionary as non-japanese idiots like you keep insisting? No.

I know. These baka gaijeans don't understand how deep Japanese anime is.

Attached: 1561165114850.jpg (1273x1312, 251K)

I never said anything to indicate that I'm an idiot, and Evangelion's effect on the anime industry has absolutely no relation to me.

Evangelion created the late night anime market, massively increased the number of original TV anime not based on toy sales, popularized production committees, and created the modern character merchandise market.

See

>Evangelion created the late night anime market, massively increased the number of original TV anime not based on toy sales, popularized production committees, and created the modern character merchandise market.
>I never said anything to indicate that I'm an idiot
lol

>Hype the dub up for 7 months
>it's shit and low budget

Stating facts is not idiocy. If you think stating facts is idiocy, explain why.

>Evangelion created the late night anime market
[citation needed]
>massively increased the number of original TV anime not based on toy sale
[citation needed]
>popularized production committees
No it didn't. This proves you don't know shit.
>and created the modern character merchandise market.
The fuck are you even talking about? Modern character merchandise market? As opposed to what? The character merchandise market? Modern?

Urusei Yatsura was selling character merchandise a decade and a half before Evangelion existed, my tiny-brained friend. It's funny you need to tack on "modern" to validate your meaningless argument.

>[citation needed]
There was barely any late night anime before it, and Evangelion's popularity exploded after it was re-aired in a later timeslot.

>[citation needed]
Just look at anime before and after Evangelion.

>No it didn't. This proves you don't know shit.
Production committees were used before, but Evangelion made them really popular.

>Urusei Yatsura was selling character merchandise a decade and a half before Evangelion existe
I did not say Evangelion invented character merchandise, I said:
>created the modern character merchandise market

It influence a lot of anime and is the culmination of a lot of anime influence. When it was blowing up in the west, anime was a lot harder to obtain than it is now. So I doubt zoomers will appreciate it as much as early millenials/gen Xers.

>There was barely any late night anime before it, and Evangelion's popularity exploded after it was re-aired in a later timeslot.
>Just look at anime before and after Evangelion.
Not arguments, idiot.
See, stupid people like yourself have a habit of making claims you can't back up with facts.
>Production committees were used before, but Evangelion made them really popular.
Idiot.
>I did not say Evangelion invented character merchandise, I said:
Again, idiot. Using the word "modern" doesn't validate your argument. It didn't create any character merchandise market, and again, you have no evidence to back that up.

It's easy to see why Evangelion fanboys are considered among the dumbest.

>Not arguments, idiot.
So you are saying that it's not relevant what kind of anime was made before and after Evangelion, even though that's the very thing we are currently debating?

>Idiot.
No, you are.

>Again, idiot.
No, you are.

>Using the word "modern" doesn't validate your argument. It didn't create any character merchandise market, and again, you have no evidence to back that up.
Once again, I did not say it invented character merchandising. I said:
>created the modern character merchandise market

>It's easy to see why Evangelion fanboys are considered among the dumbest.
I've never even watched it.

>It influence a lot of anime

Attached: 1524537149203.jpg (638x558, 64K)

why are women so bad at physical confrontations? like, they sort of flick their wrist forward.

Shinji was right. Anime did what Tojo never could.

>So you are saying that it's not relevant what kind of anime was
Not when you don't cite anything to support your argument, retard.

Rest of your post isn't worth a response. You're a robot programmed to defend those you worship.

What are you expecting me to do, list all anime released before and after Evangelion? If you were as much of an anime expert as you make yourself out to be, then you'd either know what I'm talking about or you'd be able to verify it yourself.

>You're a robot programmed to defend those you worship.
Based on what, retard?

umm sorry sweetie but I think Evangelion is too deep for you

See the very post I replied to?
I'm clearly agreeing that baka American cartoons cannot reach the levels of deep religious and philisophical ideas that superior Japanese anime can reach.

Attached: 1561185544823.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

Again, see You are basing this on American animation. Anime is not American animation.

its better than the netflix I can tell you that.

>No, adam's moon is under antarctica. Lilith's moon is under japan. Regular moon is just a moon.
In the secret documents released when you play the canon eva 2 ps2 game, adams moon was blasted off earth and the remains became the moon.

Yes. I agree. Anime is far superior.

Attached: 1561140585386.gif (500x278, 576K)

No, you don't agree. You are being sarcastic. And you can't produce any arguments to support your position. Which means you admit you are wrong about anime.

So are the rumours true? Did they sneak in some "woke" dialogue like they did with maid dragons?

>Hype up
>2 trailers in 7 months
>Neither of which showed the new dub

Yeah no. This got significantly less push than most shows they do

People don't understand how a retranslation works. The original Japanese was never as blatantly homoerotic as the first translation made it seem. It was there, but it was much more subtle, like how the current translation is

The only inexcusable change in this new version is the lack of fly me too the moon

No

Sarcastic? Are you saying I am not sincere and am just posting the first image I see on Yea Forums each time I refresh it?

(Actually, I do mostly agree, but I also think there are a ton of shit anime too and anime has its own crop of problems. Still, western animation is pretty much dead outside of Disney cartoons and Simpsons level sitcoms. And even those are dying somewhat.)

Not really. The Netflix dub has all around better voice acting for sure, but it does loose fly me too the moon.

Both dubs have their ups and downs

forgot my pic of a GOAT super serious mature anime for a mature person like myself

Attached: 1561097178015.jpg (1920x1080, 226K)

your stupidity is something else, jesus

>just posting the first image I see on Yea Forums each time I refresh it
A classic strategy by people who don't watch anime and get all of their "information" about it by just glancing at Yea Forums, as if Yea Forums was the official industry representative.

>there are a ton of shit anime too and anime has its own crop of problems
And this makes it different from live action, literature, video games and music?

I am not stupid. You are stupid.

I dont think so, their performance was flat and robotic trying to sound like an english version of a japanese woman and fail. No real emotion, just fake I am sad to say.

I want to fuck that Da Vinci

Depends on the character.

Aianami, Asuka, and all of shinjis friends and nerv staff are all direct upgrades. Misato and Shinji are a bit more debatable

Is English even your first language?

>having live action idol shows isn't enough
>Japan has to shit up anime and video games with idol shows
No wonder we're never getting more chapters of Berserk.

Attached: Prad5-6607.jpg (985x554, 131K)

The idol genre is almost entirely anime and games, and they aren't shitting up anything just because they trigger you.

You realize there are dozens of actual real life idil groups across Japan, right? They have tons of shows and competitions for them.

Attached: sashihara-rino-hkt48-2.jpg (1280x720, 174K)

Japan is a magical place
youtube.com/watch?v=o9OkeDh8cmU

Attached: 8fvszyc.jpg (525x349, 27K)

We are talking about the genre, not the groups.

HOW HAVE YOU NOT YET SEEN THIS? YOU SHOULD BE FUCKING EMBARRASSED FOR OUTING YOURSELF AS A P L E B

Gendos voice is so shit now
I distinctly remember his delivery of "That is the reason NERV exists" in episode 1 and now he just sounds so generic.
Same with Fuyutski.
I wonder if I just dont like the new dub because I'm aware of the old one.

That's like saying soccer is a genre in video games and anime, not a sport.

Oh shit. Million dollar idea here guys. An anime about Japanese idols playing soccer.

I dont think so.
The old dub was a bit hammy but it had character.
The new one feels very void of anything.

Shit. Someone already did it with baseball and kawaii girls desu.

Attached: 1561183682430.jpg (600x853, 380K)

This one bit from Family Guy always pops into my head when comparing the old dub with the new one:

youtube.com/watch?v=8VoWEP7XVwE

Idol is a genre. iDOLM@STER, Love Live and Aikatsu are idol anime.

Third children? I'm the lowest if the low?

Soccer is a genre. Captain Tsubasa and Eyshield 21 are soccer anime.

>Worse is better as long as it has undefinable """character""""

Yeah I think that's called nostalgia. If you notice the the voice actors are acting at all while watching the show, your immersion is broken and it has failed as a dub

Gay pretty boys doing gay things on or in liquid and frozen water is a genre. Free! and Yuri On Ice!!! are anime in the gay pretty boys doing gay things on or in liquid and solid water genre.

Sports is a genre, soccer isn't. What are you even trying to argue about?

What are you trying to say?

Football

Netflix dub is more of a case of noticing the actors aren't acting. I'm fine with the original hammed up performances of the ADV dub because I like the theatrical aspect of storytelling, which often involves communication of a mood/idea/etc rather than realism. The modern one feels like a lot of standing around muttering under their breath in place of actual intensity in the first dub.

So the new dub is
>Closer to what was originally intended
>More realistic
>Easier to watch without getting distracted by how bad it is
But you don't like it as much because it's not as "theatrical".

Attached: 1560280289919.jpg (800x586, 107K)

What?
>Closer to what was originally intended.
I'm pretty sure the ADV performances were closer emotionally to the Netflix but okay.
>More realistic
No, they're deadpan in intense situations.
>Easier to watch without getting distracted by how bad it is
What the fuck dude I literally said I got distracted by how bad the actors are. Fuck off.

rei maybe but the rest, no.

was netflix?

t. Idiot
Have you ever even heard the original voices. It's never as
>hammed up
as the original dub. You would have to be fucking stupid to think that's the intended inflection

the manga isn't canon

only masterpieces still have hundreds of threads/day about them 50 years after they ended :)

Attached: 1497370763917.jpg (400x400, 65K)

It's canon in a time loop. Takes place after/before the show

to me only what Anno did matters

WHEN ARE THE FUCKING BLURAYS COMING OVER

That's an anno idea though. It's to tie in with the rebuilds

>no u

>Initially it seems like a generic anime bullshit show. But after episode 16 things go crazy.

This is what I like about it, its a kid's show and then it slides into being the work of an auteur in a kind of queasy way.

Maybe its a different thing to watch it now with expectation but at the time the "hang on, wtf am I watching" element was real.

>no u
Were you expecting some essay-length response to this:
>Idiot.

>its a kid's show
It really isn't. It didn't even become popular until it was shown in a later timeslot.

All dubs are bad you only think nge was good because of nostalgia.

bebop is the only kino dub

Always listen to the original versions with subtitles.

>with subtitles
>not raw Japanese
pleb gaijin

with japanese subtitles

It wasnt love as in intimate love. It was love as in familial or bro love.

>Asuka pantyshot edited out
>Shinji disciplined by NERV for "raping" Asuka
>Kaworu and Shinji's relationship expanded to 3 episodes and NERV's reaction to Kaworu portrayed as homophobic hate crime
>Misato identified as a lesbian and her final scene with Shinji edited out
>Kaji Africanized

what a fucking trainwreck

>literally no disussion on Yea Forums or Yea Forums
>most posts on social media are from people who have already watched it

Yep, this was a fucking failure

There's at least nine threads about it on Yea Forums.

How many of them are actual discussion of the series?

Rei is the best.

Does it matter? Yea Forums barely discusses anything in general.

>rights to "Fly Me to the Moon"
Who the fug does that work? You make a show, buy the right to use music, later your show airs again and you have to pay again? Wtf?

that is assumed. Anno could be doing a loop with in a revisioned eva plot. And not connected to the tv series at all, but its possible and makes a good argument that it could.

Please stop making stuff up

Beware the spear of Long Gynus.

Attached: 1379237343175.jpg (600x409, 47K)

Dudes we've been discussing the ins and out of Evangelion for almost 30 years now, i don't want to talk about Evangelion no more.
And this netflix it's just another bad dub there are thousands these. Bad dub jobs have been with us since always, we know already.

Attached: what about it.gif (300x300, 1.49M)