Liked jack and jill

>liked jack and jill
>hates marvel but praises zack snyder's superman cape flicks
>thinks animated movies aren't real cinema

What the fuck is his problem?

Attached: contrarian.jpg (279x279, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/2019/02/making-animation-great-again/
nationalreview.com/2019/06/music-review-morrissey-california-son-protest-music-personal/
mistdriven.com/mutants/critics/white.html
rogerebert.com/balder-and-dash/in-defense-of-armond-white
rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/not-in-defense-of-armond-white
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>liked jack and jill
I don't get it
>>hates marvel but praises zack snyder's superman cape flicks
Based and /ourguy/pilled
>>thinks animated movies aren't real cinema
Holy mother of BASED

>only people who like what i like are good
You are the scum of the earth

Local man has opinions different from NPC consensus. Fuck off faggot.

Attached: winnie the pooh3.gif (320x287, 781K)

He's just pissing on Hollywood and people who care about RT ratings.
Which, of course, makes him based.

>hated BR2049
Proof that he doesn't understand kino.

He only hated it because of his hatred for Ridley Scott, who produced it

based blackman

The look of a man that calls other black people niggers/negroes

>We need a new word for disposable movies like Avengers: Infinity War because the old term “trash” doesn’t quite describe its happy negativity. Quentin Tarantino corrupted the term made famous in Pauline Kael’s 1968 essay “Trash, Art, and the Movies” when his embrace of disreputable, B-movie tropes — his love of the dark side — shifted the course of film history. Overplaying the first term in Kael’s syllogism, Q.T. made trash fashionable. Then Peter Jackson betrayed narrative and visual clarity in his three-part, nine-hour Lord of the Rings debacle (turning J. R. R. Tolkien’s allegory into trash). The Marvel Comics movies are the eventual condensation of all that. We’ve gone from neo-trash to junk to Infinity War, an ad infinitum wreckage of film culture.
the absolute madman

>Like last year's Babe: Pig in the City, The Iron Giant should have been immediately recognized as a near-perfect, classical expression of imagination, combining childlike wonder and adult sophistication.

based

No one here unironically has the opinions armond claims tohave

He literally likes shit movies usually.
Toy story 4 always looked like trash im surprised he hasn't hailed it.

He likes tons of shit and is a gay nig

He marches to the beat of his own drum and should be applauded. Critics today have no backbone and just go with what they think is going to go over popularly.

>calling lotr allegory
normally i like almond but this really bothers me

>J. R. R. Tolkien’s allegory
Tolkien being aggressively insistent TLotR was not allegorical is one of the more well known pieces of trivia.

He has his own taste and that's fine. My only issue with Armond is his word salad reviews. He writes like a nigger picking words out of a thesaurus.

>oh no, a non conforming black man
quick, revoke his nigger card, based white guy

He's a contrarian and a hypocrit for a reason.

>We’ve gone from neo-trash to junk to Infinity War, an ad infinitum wreckage of film culture.
I gotsta kek

no you're just a brainlet who feels insecure when confronted by other peoples intelligence. Do you feel the same way about academic writing or did you not go to college?

>thinks animated movies aren't real cinema
You’re wrong. He likes animated movies; he just doesn’t care about the ones normies love, like Pixar and Spider-Verse.
nationalreview.com/2019/02/making-animation-great-again/

Attached: 27AE67CB-74AB-47A5-9FFC-DAA91B586EEC.jpg (750x746, 259K)

Nah

He recommended The Good Shepherd, which I love, but I can't spot his real opinions from his trolling

When will you guys realize he is just a slightly mentally challenged gaynigga? His opinions aren't patrician, he just throws random shit at the wall and his opinions are all over the place and mostly nonsensical and inconsistent.

This shit is why I refuse to believe armond is sincere in his reviews. It's such a well known fact and he draws attention to it. It's too coincidental. Armond is just a massive troll that makes fat stacks off of pissing off people who don't get the joke.

He's easy to read most of the time, just ask yourself: Is the movie full of:
- Corporate trash
- Wacky politics/propaganda
- Cliched and uninspired
- Disturbingly high reviews from critics (and sometimes audiences)
- Has nothing to say/nihilistic
- Has no unique and creative vision by the director
Then it's a bad film in Armond White's eyes

He's a hack.

Reminder he praised shit like Mr. Deeds, The House that Jack Built, 28 Weeks Later, Watchmen, Fury, End of Watch, The Godfather 3, and Hot Fuzz but then slams films great films like

BR2049, Infinity War, Whiplash, Birdman, Goodfellas, Spotlight, The Dark Knight, 28 Days Later, The Departed, and Toy Story 3

Umm, user? How does that make him a hack? If anything it makes him based. All those latter movies are shit.

No, he just hates anything slightly liberal or very popular from audiences and critics. In what world is Click and Man of Steel and Fury better than Spotlight and There Will Be Blood?

You and I know The Godfather 3 and Phone Booth aren't better movies than Toy Story 3 and The Dark Knight and certainty not better than Fight Club. He called Fight Club one of the worst movies of the year

Haven't seen those two. All I know is Man of Steel was amazing and BR2049, Infinity War, The Dark Knight, and Toy Story 3 were overrated garbage. Armond White's got GOAT taste.

Holy based negroe kino man

>BR2049, Infinity War, Whiplash, Birdman, Goodfellas, Spotlight, The Dark Knight, 28 Days Later, The Departed, and Toy Story 3
>great films

Attached: 1560174036807.jpg (533x400, 45K)

Attached: 1445459687903.jpg (500x1736, 300K)

Yea Forums on top

reddit onions trash on bottom

Whilst being dicklicked by contrarians that are convinced they are much more intelligent than they actually are.

>better movies than Toy Story 3 and The Dark Knight
Hoo boy I'd better get around to seeing TG3 and Phone Booth then

His review of Morrissey's new covers album is based.

nationalreview.com/2019/06/music-review-morrissey-california-son-protest-music-personal/

Attached: 05198568097f8135097783878cec04caf732e5-wm.jpg (640x920, 98K)

Go take a look at metacritic, rotten Tomatoes, imdb, and box office then get back to me, idiot. It's pretty much fact that he's a troll because no way anyone legit thinks Phone Booth, A Serious Man (should be called a boring man) and fucking Mr. Deeds are better than TDK and Inception and US and Toy Story 3

Imagine putting Morrissey and Bob Dylan in your top 5 artists of all time but leave out Led Zeppelin and The Beatles lol major yikes

>he's a troll because he doesn't conform to groupthink
k pleb

Just letting you know

In terms of Nihilistic content, he loves Todd Solondz films
and in terms of High Reviews, there's a few films that have 100% ratings that even he likes, or at least 99%, like with Lady Bird.

>TDK
Overrated garbage and boring whenever the Joker wasn't on screen
>Inception
Pseudointellectualism that pretends like it's smart when it's actually not.
>Toy Story 3
Uninspired corporate disney trash. The "twist" villain and his motives are literally the same as TS2 only worse.
user...you have shit taste.

Gay nigger

Being contrarian doesn't make you intelligent or interesting

Why does he like Todd? What has he said, regarding nihilism

he like my life as a zucchini

liking imdbcore trash doesn't make you intelligent or interesting

give me a second, I'm skimming through a few of his reviews.

pretty much from Storytelling onward (He didn't like Welcome to the Dollhouse as he thought it was way too mean on Dawn, and thought Happiness was too unwieldy) , he thinks he's bleak but honest and exposes the hypocrisies of American culture and that his works are great satire

>can't refute him so we'll call him contrarian
Yikes capeshitters, just yikes

Makes sense. He put Storytelling in his top ten (specifically at number 6) films in 2002.

Here are his top 10 films from each year between 97-06 mistdriven.com/mutants/critics/white.html

Imagine defending the guy who likes Click and Phone Booth but slams Spotlight and Inception lol

>Spotlight and Inception
Low key bait, decent enough

You're annoying, almighty pretentious contrarian

>Not liking Click
That was a comedy with soul. Executed the "family comes first" moral way better than Coco did.

He's a black man who REALLY wants to be (armond) White

Remember that time Armond White compared himself to Colin Kaepernick for not liking Toy Story?

Based

/ourguy/

Based gay nig making libs, neckbeards and incels seethe since birth

rogerebert.com/balder-and-dash/in-defense-of-armond-white
rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/not-in-defense-of-armond-white

Who was in the right here?

> Kung fu hustle
>office space
> catch me if you can

See y’all he does have good taste

So he likes Solondz after Solondz went to shit. True to form.

shit he called it one of the best animated films in years

Attached: armond white my life as a zucchini2.png (1018x778, 693K)

Dark Horse is his best film and that came out ten years later

Is he right?

Yup, love all 3 of those films

That picture makes him look like black Thanos

Yeah, but it really is just a matter of a "broken watch is twice right"

He also fucking hated Suicide Squad.

I'd call it my film of the decade.

That might be over praising it but it's really great. It's only like an hour ten minutes long too, so even if you didn't like it, you wouldn't waste too much time on it.

Also just an fyi, it's a comedy/drama about child abuse and it's impact on children

THE FACT THAT

Pretty B.A.S.E.D

Armond has said before that he wants three things from a movie: interesting kinetics, a novel take on the message being portrayed in the movie, and some kind of appeal towards our humanity

>spotlight
>good
Haha

Elaborate how any of those examples are wrong.

Hot Fuzz is legit kino

Bumping for Armond based White

Can somebody explain to me what the deal with Armond and 9/11 is?

Attached: g23.png (500x313, 90K)

To exemplify
>After 9/11, hucksters have had a huge opportunity to trick filmgoers who are unable to distinguish the solemnity of recent history from tacky Hollywood manipulation. During United 93, when I laughed at its preponderance of action-movie cliches, a middle-class woman chided me to “Be respectful!” Respectful of what? Clumsy exploitation-film mechanics! United 93 became an occasion for the nation’s media—and only a few, gullible ticket-buyers—to display self-righteous self-piety.
W E W
E
W

Attached: remind.jpg (295x300, 35K)

Based on that post you're a hack desu.

So he's a petty little bitch?

>Hating Toy Story 3
It's literally /ourmovie/, go back

Dude you have shit taste.

>Implying animation isn't objectively superior to live action

no

Attached: bf244c5a34ee9f9b1ffd21ce21125078.png (642x799, 348K)

why should I care about critics's opinions on the movies? Critics should be for telling me about the things I missed when watching a movie, extra context etc

Prove me wrong

Just because some of his opinions are well thought out doesn't mean they all have to be.
He is pretty much always spot on on the vacuousness of modern capeshit movies. But what he actually likes is also garbage.

>The House that Jack Built, 28 Weeks Later, Watchmen, The Godfather 3, and Hot Fuzz
All of those are good though, especially The House That Jack Built and Hot Fuzz. What the fuck?

Almond is the most based troll. He is one of the best at what he does, and he keeps getting away with it. I love Almond.

He's basically a woman. Starved for attention and acknowledgment.

> great films like BR2049, Infinity War, Whiplash, Birdman, Goodfellas, Spotlight, The Dark Knight, 28 Days Later, The Departed, and Toy Story 3
None of these are great films and Armond White is right again.

the most based niggerfaggot alive, no-one comes close

>Man of Steel was amazing

If you're a mouth breathing retard like Armond, sure.

Copypasta villain from Toy Story 2
Lazy formulaic story

Marvel drone detected

>Copypasta villain from Toy Story 2
>Lazy formulaic story
Go back to fucking your dog, YMS

>Yikes capeshitters
He's a capeshitter too you dumb nigger

He's conservative so any movie that could possibly flip over party lines does, he looks like a madman because most critics are not conservative. Lights Camera Jackson is the same way

You may find overlooked films.
Clearly this isn't the case for Armond

You really like gimmicky garbage, don’t you.

>literally playing a contrarian character in his reviews
>people still try to dissect his opinions

>all the anime plebs seething about animation
it’s shit. it will never be taken seriously. you are worse than people who say video games are art

Animation is objectively superior to live action.

He's a troll that uses big words and references movies from the 30's. The idiots here eat it up because they think it makes them smart.

DCuck confirmed.

>great films like infinity war
into the trash it goes

he;s a A+ grade troll and everyone here understands that, its glorious

You don't understand shit. You're not in on the joke, you are the joke. Anyone who takes the character that is Armond White seriously is the one getting trolled.

>flicks coins at wall

that's what I'm saying, retard.

that is correct though, phone booth is way better then inception and mr deeds is maybe sandlers best comedy

white almonds is just the best

It’s not

It is

yeah that's the most accurate answer

>cynical clickbaiting should be applauded lol
kys nigger

lmao AW is a faggot but Phone Booth and Serious Man are great and all around much better than TDK and Inception

>Armond White
>isn't white
this guy is a walking contradiction. Absolutely based and redpilled

almond is a gift

Congrats retard, you deliberately ignored the point of the post you replied to.

white almonds are good for (you) should have some everyday

Attached: white_almonds.jpg (500x374, 44K)