I saw the 1978 Superman, Man of Steel and BvS back to back recently. Holy fuck...

I saw the 1978 Superman, Man of Steel and BvS back to back recently. Holy fuck, how how did Zack Snyder fuck up so badly? I used to think BvS was good, or misunderstood, but the Richard Donner movie has the same themes and arguments, except better directed, written and acted. Has anyone else felt the same?

Attached: batman_v__superman__dawn_of_justice_poster_3_by_jonesyd1129-d8s0mww.jpg (683x1024, 171K)

>I used to think BvS was good, or misunderstood, but the Richard Donner movie has the same themes and arguments, except better directed, written and acted. Has anyone else felt the same?
I do, exactly that. Hack Snyder thinks that making something dark and realistic will make it better, when really it's just boring and depressing. Not to mention all of the characters are better because they have personalities, this is especially true with Superman himself. Cavill is a decent actor but his portrayal of Superman just sucks. You should also see Superman II (both versions) because it also deals with some of the same themes as well. Honestly, if there's a Superman reboot soon, we need to convince Donner or Richard Lester to come out of retirement and direct

I haven't seen 2 recently, I've yet to purchase the Donner cut, but I'll watch the original one online in the meantime.

Maybe if superman flew backwards around the world really fast he could undo Snyder's clusterfuck?

In donners superman every single person to die ever is because superman refused to save them. That's pretty dark.

Explain

He could go back in time and undo their deaths. Every single person to die, he could save. He just chooses not to.

It's a Superman that makes sense, because he has to be Clark Kent to keep his sanity in check. Otherwise the world would become complacent and over reliant on Superman.

It had its moments.

Attached: batman v superman.webmWgh.webm (640x346, 2.48M)

>Maybe if superman flew backwards around the world

Man, that fucking scream before he takes off, BRUTAL.

This is good it's really good, I'm not going to argue that. But that's like his only saving grace in most movies. He's the remember that fight scene director.

>I used to think BvS was good
Thank god you've seen the light. I truly hope over time that even the most diehard Snyderfag will realize how bad his movies were.

It was a struggle, I think I liked the movie BvS could've been, not the one it is.

Donner didn't even want to release his own cut of Superman II back in 2006. I doubt he would have any involvement with a new Superman movie. But Richard Lester coming to work on an new one, that would be kino, even if he's not directing

Attached: Richard Lester.jpg (482x612, 32K)

It's weird, because Nolan has often credited Donner's take on Superman for informing his approach with Batman.

And Snyder was clearly trying to take what he perceived as "gritty realism" from Batman and run with that.

So Snyder's take winds up being this sort of fun-house mirror version of Donner's.

Donner Cut is certified KINO. It would've been a game changer if released on its own terms.

>Richard Lester coming to work on an new one, that would be kino
Fuck off. He was basically 80's Whedon and butchered Superman 2 and turned 3 into a comedy for Richard Pryor. Cast and crew hated working for him.

Attached: superman 3_lester_reeve.jpg (550x435, 29K)

A lot of the actors, including Gene Hackman, straight up refused to.

3 was bad but it did have some good stuff in it. I don’t see how he “butchered” 2, it’s widely considered to be one of the best superhero movies ever made, even if some of the stuff wasn’t as good as what Richard Donner had filmed.
Hackman refuses to come back for reshoots because Donner was fired, not because he disliked Lester

I like my capeshit for children because I have the intellect of a child.

>it’s widely considered to be one of the best superhero movies ever made
Because most of it was shot by Donner. Lester was brought in to save money. That's it.

Attached: What is this lester.jpg (600x400, 64K)

>Because most of it was shot by Donner.
Only about 30% of the theatrical cut is Donner's footage
I can't defend that fucking S though. It's funny but what the hell was Lester thinking?

>Throwing S bad
Pleb filtered, only a true kinomaster like Lester could pull off a shot as brilliant as that.

>only a true kinomaster like Lester
This thread is appalling. You all should be ashamed for thinking Lester saved Superman.

Attached: 1510801063900.jpg (712x630, 58K)

I don't think anyone thinks he "saved" Superman, only that he did a good job in a difficult situation and gave us a great movie.

S'what I meant

Stay assmad, Donner

I like both Donner's movies and Snyder's movies. Just like in comics, you can have multiple takes on the same character with different tones. Just like how real life doesn't have just one "tone" to it.