GoT is for adults. There is no real good and evil, much like the real world...

GoT is for adults. There is no real good and evil, much like the real world. There are just various factions fighting for their own interests. LotR is for children. There are no 100% evil orcs in real life, and there are no truly noble races like the elves. LotR isn't realistic at all. It's hilarious how Tolkien intended it to be a mythical pre-history of Earth. The guy was clueless.

Attached: lotr_got.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

>There are no 100% evil orcs in real life, and there are no truly noble races like the elves.
Apefricans and Europeans

Fpbp

>She was sopping wet when he entered her. “Damn you,” she said. “Damn you damn you damn you.” He sucked her nipples till she cried out half in pain and half in pleasure. Her cunt became the world.

yeah the elves would have used nukes on civilian cities, firebombed civilians, concentration camps, mcdonalds, etc.

have sex

>WAAHHH MY FANTASY ISN"T REALISTIC

Attached: 1551660652224.jpg (1077x1332, 655K)

elves did fucked up shit just for some jewels retard

>it's bad to kill orcs, they dindu nuffin!
t. Orc

Oh snap /pol/ is finished

Attached: 1543221731110s.jpg (122x125, 3K)

Is there actually any good high fantasy for adults to read? Or is mostly feeling like YA stuff.

>wypipo bad;(
>capitalism bad;(
I like how easy it is to see who is a public educated NPC

Attached: youre-god-damn-right.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

wypipo not bad
capitalism bad

Attached: gang.jpg (1280x720, 231K)

>"The treatment of colour nearly always horrifies anyone going out from Britain, & not only in South Africa. Unfort[unately], not many retain that generous sentiment for long." ― Letter 61 — Written to Christopher Tolkien who was stationed in South Africa during World War II.

>"I have the hatred of apartheid in my bones; and most of all I detest the segregation or separation of Language and Literature. I do not care which of them you think White." ― From a Valedictory Address to the University of Oxford in 1959.

>"I must say that the enclosed letter from Rutten & Loening is a bit stiff. Do I suffer this impertinence because of the possession of a German name, or do their lunatic laws require a certificate of arisch origin from all persons of all countries? ... Personally I should be inclined to refuse to give any Bestätigung (although it happens that I can), and let a German translation go hang. In any case I should object strongly to any such declaration appearing in print. I do not regard the (probable) absence of all Jewish blood as necessarily honourable; and I have many Jewish friends, and should regret giving any colour to the notion that I subscribed to the wholly pernicious and unscientific race-doctrine." ― Letter 29 — Written in response to Tolkien's German publishers asking whether he was of Aryan origin.

>"It was Sam's first view of a battle of Men against Men, and he did not like it much. He was glad that he could not see the dead face. He wondered what the man's name was and where he came from; and if he was really evil at heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would not really rather have stayed there in peace." ― The Two Towers, "Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit".

>"Thank you for your letter. I regret that I am not clear as to what you intend by arisch. I am not of Aryan extraction: that is Indo-Iranian; as far as I am aware none of my ancestors spoke Hindustani, Persian, Gypsy, or any related dialects. But if I am to understand that you are enquiring whether I am of Jewish origin, I can only reply that I regret that I appear to have no ancestors of that gifted people. My great-great-grandfather came to England in the eighteenth century from Germany: the main part of my descent is therefore purely English, and I am an English subject — which should be sufficient. I have been accustomed, nonetheless, to regard my German name with pride, and continued to do so throughout the period of the late regrettable war, in which I served in the English army. I cannot, however, forbear to comment that if impertinent and irrelevant inquiries of this sort are to become the rule in matters of literature, then the time is not far distant when a German name will no longer be a source of pride.
>Your enquiry is doubtless made in order to comply with the laws of your own country, but that this should be held to apply to the subjects of another state would be improper, even if it had (as it has not) any bearing whatsoever on the merits of my work or its sustainability for publication, of which you appear to have satisfied yourselves without reference to my Abstammung." ― Letter 30 — Written directly to Tolkien's German publishers.

>“I cordially dislike allegory in all its manifestations, and always have done so since I grew old and wary enough to detect its presence. I much prefer history – true or feigned– with its varied applicability to the thought and experience of readers. I think that many confuse applicability with allegory, but the one resides in the freedom of the reader, and the other in the purposed domination of the author.”

what a cuck

>amazon makes LOTR inspired show after the success of GoT
>no sex, it's just a bunch of gay orcs and shit fighting knights and elf-fags

how doomed is this show y'all?

Attached: jp07h30k8ql21.jpg (1463x1098, 337K)

>the race that industrialized the world is the best
lotr shits on industrialization

Attached: ted.jpg (220x156, 14K)

Praising sex, gore and nihilism only makes you more childish, faggot.

>There are no 100% evil orcs in real life
Commies, trannies, muslims, paedos, niggers
>and there are no truly noble races like the elves
White people, specifically those descended from the British Isles

Irrelevant though, both GOT and LoTR are shit.

>perfidious albion
>noble

Attached: 1494018213478.png (229x220, 6K)

Wheel of time. Get into it before amazon ruins it with the live action tv series

When you first enter into adolescence, you start to get obsessed with tits and sex, thinking it’s an “adult” thing to do, not realizing that childhood is defined by the inability to put away impulses for the greater good. True adulthood is when you hold and cherish higher ideals(courage, chastity, honour, whatever it may be).

The stories in the Lotr series cover themes of valour in the face of overwhelming odds, talks about the apathy of men towards evil which led to the evil growing stronger, the infighting amongst the supposedly “good” guys themselves which led to being smashed by a more united enemy, how you sometimes only have hope to light up your world, how help may come from the unlikeliest of places. A person who sums up Lotr as being about good men and elves versus evil orcs must not really be capable of nuance, or have any higher ideals within him.

Anyone who thinks GoT is more mature than Lotr because le tits and cocks and funny wine drinking short man XD clearly has a very childish sense of what actual adulthood means. “Adult” material=/=mature.

Manhood is about the upholding of higher principles, and the Lotr stories are about the defense of those principles which define your civilisation. It is the story of the struggles of different peoples to uphold Light in a world which is increasingly getting covered in darkness.

There can be no comparison between the two. GoT is for people of shallow intelligence, those who need nudity and vulgarity to stay interested, and the aSoIaF books are not much better. To compare them with the likes of a modern masterpiece is laughable. Harry Potter or The Vampire Diaries might be a more suited competitor to GoT.

Attached: 85167038-1B87-42A5-B991-CBBE84BCE328.jpg (479x640, 36K)

not bad but /got/ is low fantasy while /lotr/ is high fantasy, big distinction as one can be taken more seriously than the other

Conan is low fantasy. GoT is high.

>there are no truly noble races
what the fuck did you just say?

Conan is the lowest end of fantasy you could say, the highest end of fantasy is
>everyone throwing spells around
>magic potions that can heal wounds
>actual resurecction ability given to every "priest/cleric" character
>and don't forget, 10-20 races each with thier own quirk to them and special abilities along with 100+ magical ceatures.

High end fantasy is retarded when you think about it.
Also don't forget, warhammer 40K levels of autism with army numbers in the millions instead of realistic thousands.

Attached: high fantasy.jpg (1920x1080, 454K)

>Yes, that's right. I'm a full grown man now, a real adult

Attached: christopher-mintz-plasse.jpg (611x458, 30K)

based McLovin poster

God Yea Forums is garbage.

Lotr is about the essence of western civ. GoT is about sociopaths acting like children half the time.

GOT felt like pure nihilism by the end. That’s like the worst part about that series even taking into account the atrocious writing.

LotR is for people who understand metaphor. Good and evil are represented by embodied beings. The struggle between good beings and evil beings captures the struggle between good and evil in our own nature.
GoT is for people who don't understand metaphor. There are no 100% evil people in real life, so we get the incongruous juxtaposition of modern personalities having sex and killing each other in medieval costumes, in a world that has magic and dragons. The guy is clueless.

>There is no real good and evil, much like the real world.
This is your brain on atheism...

delusional *nglo

elves are jews and everyone else is an orc

>warhammer 40K levels of autism with army numbers in the millions instead of realistic thousands.
So youre saying an empire that spans all across the galaxy containing thousands of planets would only be able to field less than a million troops?

no, but I am sasying that billions of troops dying daily and fighting in a single battle is a little much
>Battle of Beta-Garmon. Billions of Soldiers and Civilians dying every day to stall Horus’ push to Terra. DOZENS of Titan Legions (each having OVER A HUNDRED Titans) turning each other and the planets they fught in into an irradiated wasteland
pic unrelated, just another example

Attached: Battle_of_Macragge.jpg (441x733, 43K)

GoT is just nihilism

Based. Niggers are the orcs of our planet.